• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameshark Code Collection

Madao

Rofl it's hard to balance especially when i can't change everything. I'm open to suggestions. Like I said, I didn't even mean to increase the throw speed, I'll have to change the bomb back to normal :( .I just wanted the impact to be stronger. I can lower Link's jump too. If I could get past this compression problem, I'd easily be able to balance the game lol. You guys think Luigi's Up B in my patch is worse? I honestly like how much easier to is to do a hard hit.

How would I go about improving other low tiers? Like DK lol.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Luigi's old up B is better imo, maybe just change horizontal air speed of luigi??

make DK's dash attack & ftilt... usable?

Madao

Another thing is, no one has figured out where the animation data is. The best I could do is just swap animations. So far I'm just able to change character physics and hitbox data. A lot more would get done if I had help ;/ .

I just hate how I fix one thing, and something else breaks lol...

I made a new patch since no one liked my old one :( . Here's the [collapse=changelog]Default settings Lv 9 cpu in vs and training mode
Team Attack on
Stock mode, 5 Stocks
Stock/Team Stock mode is now timed
Item Freq = none
Samus charges slightly faster and higher aerial Up B
Samus' mini bombs don't make her lose her jumps
Luigi has faster X-air speed
Link has faster X-air speed, higher Up B, and decreased dash deceleration.
Link's Utilt does 15%, Fsmash does 23%. Reverse Boomerang does 9%.
Unlock Everything by default[/collapse]

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
I'm not sure I understand correctly, but does it mean that's it's not an actual combo meter, but simply a layer added on the video?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I hope this helps you figure it out.
I had seen that, but still, I'm lost. I couldn't work out that CameloFilter yesterday. (I get error 1 when I open the combo counter)

I could make a tutorial for this if I can get it to work.

Is the CameloFilterManager (CFM) you get from the HIJIKI website not the CameloFilter itself?
In the Readme file that comes with the CFM, it mentions that sonanoka website...

Anyway, if anyone has any progress on it, let me know.

On a side note, if you wanna run Frame Display or any other Hijiki software with the japanese being displayed instead of those unintelligible characters, get this.

Last edited:

Madao

Iirc Hijiki's combo counter just displays your total number of hits. Idk if that's what you guys want. I did find the variable that displays the combo value, BUT for some reason it stays up longer in the actual display, than it does in the memory location I found. The address for combo counter (the one that constantly resets ) in training mode in Nemu is 101B0B60, in Mupen its A7C5E0 if you guys are interested.

If you guys just wanted to see total hits done during current stock, then it would be possible to recreate hijiki's program. If I knew D3d it would be very easy for me to implement. I already know how to read ram values from other processes, I just don't know how to display something to an external process.

kyletree

Smash Cadet
is there any way to increase the mid air up B for other characters like pikachu or captain falcon? if so, I'd love to try every character

Madao

is there any way to increase the mid air up B for other characters like pikachu or captain falcon? if so, I'd love to try every character
Lol i honestly never tried Pikachu, but for Falcon, you will have to patch the rom to modify his Up B, since the game directly loads his Up B data from the Rom and not ram. Some characters, like Fox, Samus, Link, Mario & Luigi, Kirby, etc, you can change with gameshark.

If you want to modify Falcon, the offset in Hex editor is 0x98F32E. 0CCE is Falcon's number. Also the way it works is strange.

kyletree

Smash Cadet
would you be able to give me the gameshark codes for all the characters that work fine? I'm playing on a console so thats my only option :p

Madao

Sure. Today I will try and find the ones I'm missing.

Madao

would you be able to give me the gameshark codes for all the characters that work fine? I'm playing on a console so thats my only option :p
Haha sorry for posting the codes late. I've been trying to do too many things. I'm going to do a lot of playing today,

I found an animation speed multiplier for certain character's Up B Landing, thanks to Danny SSB. This means that I'm gettin closer to achieving my goal with animation modification :) . I'm up for more suggestions btw people. It's fun finding new stuff!

Edit: I added Up B codes and a few other goodies :) .

Last edited:

B Link

Smash Lord
Requests for Madao if you have time:
- Gameshark code: make 2p/3p/4p (or all) appear in training mode + let them be a determined character + define who controls it (I can do this on mupen but on pj64k I only have the cheat to make you control two players only in training mode). I saw the ones under match specific codes and none of those work for me.
- Make 2p/3p/4p (or all) appear in BTT/BTP (not the MAPS, the actual break the targets timed contest) -- my game crashes when I try

I had more ideas but I forgot them

Last edited:

Madao

Lol my bad, it was a typo where I forgot to change 810A to 8119 for the training mode addresses. It should work now for 4 players in training mode. Lol if you make them CPU's they will team up against you. I'd have to look for the team settings to change that (if it's even possible to change). For some reason, I use less cpu % when I turn on hitbox display, but it could be because I have an integrated graphics card.

I don't think there's a way to have multiple players appear in BTT modes. I tried and it froze, so idk what I can do about that.

Last edited:

B Link

Smash Lord
Darn lol, just thought it'd be a cool idea, since you were able to get the other players to appear in things like training mode and 1p mode =P

Thanks for the fix though, time to practice team combos online heh

EDIT: your codes for 1p mode --in 1p mode you can control them, but you are limited by the # of enemies already set for that round D=, not sure if you can change this?

Last edited:

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone come across a code to change the models that appear during stage select (e.g. changing the Peach's Castle model to Metal Crystal's, etc.)?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Madao please make timed stock matches viable!. So we can use it for online tourneys!

8 min timer 5 stocks.

EDIT: I tried the existing code and it doesn't work or I don't know how to use it.

I can get 5 stocks and a timer showing 4:50 seconds but I don't know how to change or start the timer??

Last edited:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I figured it out. It was because I had "Infinite Time" checked under Vs mode. Which apparently disables the timer.

My %'s don't show up in timed stock matches with the code though. Is that the same for everyone else? It just shows 0 for each char despite hitting them.

Madao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdwXTdrsMQ
Random video of me discovering something using Madao's hax table
Cookies to whoever can guess where the OTHER SECRET LEDGE on hyrule is
Lol, this looks interesting. How did you go through the wall? I should probably do some hex editing this week. It's fun just filling in memory with random numbers and making interesting discoveries. Had I done this earlier, I would have found things like hitbox display much sooner.
EDIT: your codes for 1p mode --in 1p mode you can control them, but you are limited by the # of enemies already set for that round D=, not sure if you can change this?
Well the way it works is, if the control # = 2, then no one appears on that slot. So if you set to 0 or 1, a character should appear in that port, as long as the character number is valid. Another thing is, I never bothered with player 5 and up, so I don't know if you can control yoshi team after the first 3 die. I might look into it just out of curiosity.
I figured it out. It was because I had "Infinite Time" checked under Vs mode. Which apparently disables the timer.
My %'s don't show up in timed stock matches with the code though. Is that the same for everyone else? It just shows 0 for each char despite hitting them.
That's strange. I will double check to see if the code I posted has side effects. Worst case scenario, I can just upload a rom patch so you guys won't even need gameshark, unless you want to play on hacked stages.

Edit: Also, if you don't want to use a code to set the time and stock, you can just manually set the time and stock by switching modes and adjusting the values. The game keeps track of the settings you last used.

Last edited:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I figured it out. Like Mint said in another thread you just have to disable any other codes that affect stocks or time.

B Link

Smash Lord
Lol, this looks interesting. How did you go through the wall?
I modified the p1 x and y coordinates AND the blast zone x and y coordinates. Then I moved p1 under the hyrule building: for whatever reason, at the lowest part of hyrule, you can go through the walls >_>. Also, there's no floor to the building (it's like an upside down cardboard box with the flaps open). Using mupen I froze frames so fox wouldn't fall to his death. Then I just changed the coordinates every frame until I found out the secret ledge lol. The other secret ledge is on the other side of the green slope.

As for going through the wall on the ledge attack, well I guess the game just lets you do that, no restrictions on it :p

Another thing I discovered was by modifying your camera address values to ZOOM OUT: y'know zebes' lava? It's just a thin paper layer that moves up and down. It doesn't have much vertical height at all lol. But even if you go under the paper layer of lava (meaning the visible, red and yellow lava), you still get hit as if there were lava there. IDK I personally found it cool to see how the lava actually looks from afar.

Madao said:
I should probably do some hex editing this week. It's fun just filling in memory with random numbers and making interesting discoveries. Had I done this earlier, I would have found things like hitbox display much sooner.
Is hex editing just putting in random numbers in the memory address values?

Madao said:
Well the way it works is, if the control # = 2, then no one appears on that slot. So if you set to 0 or 1, a character should appear in that port, as long as the character number is valid. Another thing is, I never bothered with player 5 and up, so I don't know if you can control yoshi team after the first 3 die. I might look into it just out of curiosity.
Yeah I put it to 0 and 1, and put valid character numbers in (e.g. 00) but it is always limited by how many characters are supposed to be there. For example, in the first 1p mode match (x vs Link), even when I set it so that four players should appear, it only ever shows 'x vs Link'. Oddly enough, what DOES SHOW UP is that big symbol identifying the extra character on the FAR LEFT of the screen. By this I mean the icon under the stock symbols. But the actual character doesn't show up on the stage.

My motivation was: I was thinking it might be cool to do co-op 1p mode lol

Last edited:

Madao

I modified the p1 x and y coordinates AND the blast zone x and y coordinates. Then I moved p1 under the hyrule building: for whatever reason, at the lowest part of hyrule, you can go through the walls >_>. Also, there's no floor to the building (it's like an upside down cardboard box with the flaps open). Using mupen I froze frames so fox wouldn't fall to his death. Then I just changed the coordinates every frame until I found out the secret ledge lol. The other secret ledge is on the other side of the green slope.

As for going through the wall on the ledge attack, well I guess the game just lets you do that, no restrictions on it :p
Ohh ok, I was wondering because the game doesn't normally let you go through walls even if you manually set the coordinates. I guess certain parts of the stage you can just go through lol.
Another thing I discovered was by modifying your camera address values to ZOOM OUT: y'know zebes' lava? It's just a thin paper layer that moves up and down. It doesn't have much vertical height at all lol. But even if you go under the paper layer of lava (meaning the visible, red and yellow lava), you still get hit as if there were lava there. IDK I personally found it cool to see how the lava actually looks from afar.
Lol, sounds interesting. I should mess around in that stage more, instead of just testing stuff in Dream Land.
Is hex editing just putting in random numbers in the memory address values?
Ya, it just means changing the data. Since we are playing emulator, we have the privilege of save states. It makes it safe to change any data and just load savestate when the game crashes. If you want to try it, I suggest you start in a familiar area, like player or stage data.
Yeah I put it to 0 and 1, and put valid character numbers in (e.g. 00) but it is always limited by how many characters are supposed to be there. For example, in the first 1p mode match (x vs Link), even when I set it so that four players should appear, it only ever shows 'x vs Link'. Oddly enough, what DOES SHOW UP is that big symbol identifying the extra character on the FAR LEFT of the screen. By this I mean the icon under the stock symbols. But the actual character doesn't show up on the stage.

My motivation was: I was thinking it might be cool to do co-op 1p mode lol
Lol my bad, I haven't played 1p mode in a while. I know with gameshark codes, you can spawn extra character in matches that were supposed to be 1 v 1. I looked at the gameshark code and saw it froze the value of 4. If you want a quick fix, just freeze 04xx for Player appear, then for control by, freeze 0 or 1. It's glitchy in matches like yoshi team, so don't freeze 4 in those since all 4 slots spawn anyway. Another issue is the team they belong to and handicap settings. If you are really serious about this co-op 1 player mode, it would be a lot easier to hex edit the rom (let me know if you are interested in doing this). That would reduce most of the complexity. Otherwise, you are forced to keep changing the settings based on the stage you are playing in. It kinda sucks how the icon is in the wrong position, I'll see what I can do about that too. It would also be a good idea to edit the cpu level and handicap settings to make it more challenging. I have to also see why the 3rd character is able to attack during the countdown. One more issue is that the game ends if player 3 dies in a 1 v 1 match.

Last edited:

TempleofDreams

Smash Rookie
Madao, all your work is amazing! I have never, I mean, never known someone with so many understanding of hacking in Smash 64 like you. Thanks a lot for giving us these codes, I had fun playing as hyper overpowered Samus in 1P Game. I wish I knew how to hack, so I could help you with this list, but this isn't really my strong point, but still, I'm trying to learn how to use Cheat Engine to hack the game, but I'm still in the tutorial's step 6 (very N00b here). Once I know everything to make a hack, the first thing of all I would do is a mod to make the characters in the game feel more how they were in their original games (for example, Samus automatically Screw Attacks when she jumps while walking/dashing, Mario gets his spin jump from Super Mario World and loses his fireball attack, Link can charge his Spin Attack, and much more). It will be so awesome. :)

Also, can you please answer some questions for me: what programs do you use to do all these codes? Do you recommend Project 64, Mupen or Nemu for hacking?

Madao

Unfortunately, some of the things you want will require more knowledge than I have. I hope you are one who does not give up easily. My advice is to set simple goals first and work your way up. That way you will always be satisfied with progress. Nothing is more frustrating than realising you set goals that you aren't able to achieve within a reasonable time frame.

The best emulator for hacking is Nemu64. I recommend you use a different gfx plugin than the default Nemu one. Don't listen to people who say assembly is too hard, because it really is not. Just start out with playing around with cheat engine and check out my table. After that, try to learn assembly and how to debug.

For these codes I either use cheat engine or Nemu's debugger. Some codes were found by me just hex editing areas of memory that I found to be important, other codes were found by doing memory searches with cheat engine, other codes were found by me debugging and setting breakpoints using Nemu, and other codes were found by me studying other people's codes.

I can help you learn how to debug, just let me know. Another tip is be creative and figure out many strategies on how to find/do things. Another thing is, you might want to use Mupen for certain tests because frame by frame is simpler to do in Mupen, and it's less demanding in cpu than Nemu. Start small and build up from what you know.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Madao, do you have an easier time with Project Reality or this? I wonder if the Project M guys can help with these GS codes.

Madao

Madao, do you have an easier time with Project Reality or this? I wonder if the Project M guys can help with these GS codes.
Well some things are easier to do on this and some things are easier to do on Brawl. Things like stage and character edits are generally easier to do in Brawl since it's a lot more studied and you don't have to deal with compression, but at the same time, it's harder to debug on Brawl. I don't think anyone has even found a real hitbox display code for Brawl so they use some bootleg hax that uses the superscope glow effect. I don't think many of the Project M people would be able to help with GS codes because it requires a different set knowledge, although maybe some of them have experience with SSB64 or N64 hacking in general. Honestly if there were just more people interested in making GS codes, we would see a lot more interesting codes. Hopefully I can get better at N64 hacking after learning from other people's examples in other N64 games. The biggest problem is simply the lack of people interested in doing this stuff.

Basically if you just wanted to make minor changes to SSB64, it would be easier to just make GS codes or patch the rom. If you want major changes, it would be easier to make a Brawl hack.

I'm definitely more familiar with SSB64 hacking, than I am with Brawl hacking.

Last edited:

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
I've been doing a lot of memory fishing myself to try to find values for Mario's down-B, as well as Yoshi's and other stuff. But, when I was playing the other day, I realized that the fall-through platform code might be missing some values to allow the player to fall through a platform while in the backward-jumping state. I'm not sure what you're targeting in your code (more like I'm bad at fishing still), but if you could add backward-jumping-falling into your fall-through platform code someday, I'd be very grateful :)

Madao

I've been doing a lot of memory fishing myself to try to find values for Mario's down-B, as well as Yoshi's and other stuff. But, when I was playing the other day, I realized that the fall-through platform code might be missing some values to allow the player to fall through a platform while in the backward-jumping state. I'm not sure what you're targeting in your code (more like I'm bad at fishing still), but if you could add backward-jumping-falling into your fall-through platform code someday, I'd be very grateful :)
Lol ya there are things that I miss xD. I found the speed values for Mario & Luigi's down B. What would you like to change about Yoshi's down B? One thing I noticed about my fall through platform code is that there's a chance of being stuck in the landing phase if you're not Z Cancelling while doing aerial attacks. So I need to find a convenient fix. I wouldn't want to have to use my auto Z Cancel code.

This week I'll see what I can add.

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
Lol ya there are things that I miss xD. I found the speed values for Mario & Luigi's down B. What would you like to change about Yoshi's down B? One thing I noticed about my fall through platform code is that there's a chance of being stuck in the landing phase if you're not Z Cancelling while doing aerial attacks. So I need to find a convenient fix. I wouldn't want to have to use my auto Z Cancel code.

This week I'll see what I can add.
There are some goofy things I wanted to change about both down+b moves that I would never ask anyone else to pilfer through data to do. (I noticed you get stuck in the landing phase with the fallthrough code, and it only has a graphical effect for me, not a gameplay effect, it's sort of funny) If you're curious, I wanted to be able to cancel both Down B's with a jump, so that Yoshi effectively has a 'leap' (like Bowser in PM) and so that Mario + Luigi can have more options in combat. The only issue about both of those, plus something I was doing earlier, is that generally that allows you to infinitely input the move, because you're in a state that the move can be inputted again in.

Earlier I was trying to allow jump-cancels from shines, but it just allowed for infinite shines, so I had to remove it. Oh well, more fishing for me! (Also, as of just now, I'm trying to figure out how to allow Yoshi to cancel his double jump with a fast-fall)

Madao

Oh right, I forgot that specials are character specific. So far, i've been able to find all the B moves and other stuff, I just haven't been motivated to complete the list. I like to switch things up, so I do different things. Also each special move has 2 separate values. One for aerial and one for ground. For your down B code, idk how I'd be able to make only jumps cancel it.

Coming up with the right code can be a challenge, and possibly beyond the scope of a few gameshark codes. What I suggest you do is try to understand player states. The more you understand them, the more creative codes you can do.

This week I'll try collecting data and updating my list.

Madao

Did that whole site go down?
@ Madao Madao What is the process from gs code to ppfomatic? Or is there a better patching program?
All it does is compare the difference between 2 binary files and make a patch out of it.

You'll have to hex edit the rom first, then use that program to make a patch out of it, so that you can distribute a small file, instead of sending the whole rom. Plus I hear distributing patches is not illegal, while hacked roms are.

Ya unfortunately that site is gone.

Top Bottom