• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

shalom

Smash Journeyman
I'm not hyping you up at all so relax lol I could give a **** who wins or how it goes I just want to see it if it happens.

Derek - School is fine I'm just coasting while I wait until I hear back from law schools

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Title: Quit Your Job and Play Some Smash!
Date: 1/30/2010
Host: Fluxx'd up Crew
Tournament Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261131
Livestream Link: http://www.livestream.com/ballistics
Estimated Time of Stream: 12 PM Eastern Standard Time Melee first
Entry Fee: $10 Singles / $10 + $10 = $20 Doubles
Players:
Melee:
Tallahassee: Ballistics, Green Mario, Toobz, Awal
Louisiana: HiIH and cronies
Panama City: Zone, TropicalTaco
Pensacola: Holy Chef, Ram
Gainesville: JSSN, KBM, SEXPUMA, Harriettheguy, Raistlin
Miami: Trikrom3
Brawl:
Tallahasee: JSSN, Somacruz, DBS, Awal, SexPuma
Jacksonville: GeoffMoney,
Pensacola: Benaji, Skaterbaj
Gainesville: JSSN, KBM
Stream Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249284

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I'll be down for playing a little bit tomorrow. I've got a break after 4 until about 6 or 6:30 so I'd like to smash :D. I'll give you guys calls and stuff.

AOI

Smash Cadet
Hey guys i'm from MA probably moving down to gainesville within a few months or so can't make it to this tourny on Saturday was wondering if anyone wanted to play some meele on Sunday i am going to be in Saltsprings but willing to drive if anyone is interested

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Title: Quit Your Job and Play Some Smash!
Date: 1/30/2010
Host: Fluxx'd up Crew
Tournament Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261131
Livestream Link: http://www.livestream.com/ballistics
Estimated Time of Stream: 12 PM Eastern Standard Time Melee first
Entry Fee: $10 Singles / $10 + $10 = $20 Doubles
Players:
Melee:
Tallahassee: Ballistics, Green Mario, Toobz, Awal
Louisiana: HiIH and cronies
Panama City: Zone, TropicalTaco
Pensacola: Holy Chef, Ram
Gainesville: JSSN, KBM, SEXPUMA, Harriettheguy, Raistlin
Miami: Trikrom3
Brawl:
Tallahasee: JSSN, Somacruz, DBS, Awal, SexPuma
Jacksonville: GeoffMoney,
Pensacola: Benaji, Skaterbaj
Gainesville: JSSN, KBM
Stream Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249284
I wanna go...

Does anyone know about the "R U GAME?" store by the Publix near Wiliston and 34th? They are supposedly having a Brawl Tournament sometime in March I think.
1st place gets $200
2nd gets $100
3rd gets $75

I forgot the rest of the payouts, and the entry fee is $15. I could come back with more details those who are interested in "Brawl".

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
The tournament that was scheduled for 2/20 (NOOB 1) has been pushed back to March sometime in order to compensate for VSA Tampa. The length of the drive to Tampa is only about 20 minutes longer than the one to Orlando area. That being said, is anyone interested in going to VSA Tampa?

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
$15 is kinda ridiculous IYAM. I'd do it for $5; I just dont feel like throwing away 15. Otherwise all the mk & snake & other high tier whores will migrate to this tourney :(

Renth

Smash Hero
$15 is kinda ridiculous IYAM. I'd do it for $5; I just dont feel like throwing away 15. Otherwise all the mk & snake & other high tier whores will migrate to this tourney :(
I'm back in Gainesville til may, Don't know how much smashing i'll be doing so i'm just kind of here. Since when do people talk about brawl in this thread anyways.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'm Sorry every1 saw me go off like that in the Tourney thread. I don't regret it but I don't like getting like that. I hope that Gville has a tourney so we can come. And I'm definitely picking Melee back up. In all honesty Gville is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY 2 GUD!!!!

Renth

Smash Hero
I'm Sorry every1 saw me go off like that in the Tourney thread. I don't regret it but I don't like getting like that. I hope that Gville has a tourney so we can come. And I'm definitely picking Melee back up. In all honesty Gville is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY 2 GUD!!!!
I just read the tournament thread, to say the least you took the most immature route imaginable. Threatening people, flipping out, acting like a child, verbally harassing and requesting face to face fights is disgusting. I've been in the smash community for quite a few years and every time I see someone flip out about things like that instead of rationally explaining the situation makes me sick. Especially when my friends are involved.

I don't understand how an apology can start off with sorry everyone, then immediately say I don't regret it. Pretty sure that contradicts the apology all together. Next time, agree that there is a communication error you could easily see they tried to ask about things before hand NO reason to be that hostile.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
Sorry it's taking me so long with that Brawl tournament information guys, I haven't forgotten. I've just been mad busy, plus my laptop died because I really do have some of the worst luck here. So I have to do everything while I'm on campus in the computer labs and stuff.

False.
I hate to curb your enthusiasm but it's a FFA tournament, not 1v1. Now the $15 entry fee is totally not justified. They might have a 1v1 in the future though.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I hate to curb your enthusiasm but it's a FFA tournament, not 1v1. Now the $15 entry fee is totally not justified. They might have a 1v1 in the future though.
Dibbs on right ledge.
Aight, any further talk about FFA tourny will be Unnecessary.

As for Friday night festivities, my place is open, but I'm down for anything else (finger painting, movies, laundry)

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Dear friends, a quick announcement:

Last Monday two men broke into my house in broad daylight using a brick from a planter in our front yard. They left out the front door when they were done. They stole everything remotely valuable, including a lot of jewelry my mother had had for up to 30 years. They took our flat screen TV, and all my game systems. They left our refrigerator open and everything inside spoiled. Worst of all, they took my mother's sense of security, and she hasn't been able to sleep for a week.

Today, they found 4 of the guys that were responsible (they robbed about 13 houses), including the guys who robbed my house. They had already sold all of our stuff.

So, all in all, no one got hurt or anything, but we've still got a lot of reparations to do.

Thanks Dennis for listening and for your support.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Psh. Ganon dittos are so boring to watch. They just hit each other and stuff.

Fox dittos:

Now that's where it's at.
cutests dittos ever!

also, it's awesome they caught the guys that robbed your house, and I'm pretty impressed, too lol. it's hard to solve crimes like that, good **** police.

apology not accepted, you completely freaked out and overreacted, and personally attacked me. please do not come to any gainesville tournaments.

Top Bottom