• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Ok, so Gainesville is definitely going to WATO9!

Dennis, Josh, Max, Seth and I want to go and Stephen expressed interest. That's too many for my car, but if more people want to go, we could take 2 cars.

@Josh: I was only planning on staying for the day and leaving as soon as Brawl ends/we decide to leave.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Josh told me he really wants to go so he'll take a bus if he really wants to go, or he can fly from Gainesville airport to the Orlando airport if he really wants to go. See the problem with your logic here?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'm leaving Saturday morning at around 9:30 I guess. Then I'll be returning Satuday night when Max is ready to go.

And Seth, that logic is awful. Josh is talking about something reasonable that many of us do often for tournaments and your examples are way out there. Cost for starters, gas money is like, $5; whereas a bus ticket is $50+ and a plane ticket even more.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I have a car which I could take as well...

But I travel to north GA slightly more than once a month, and my car has >270,000 miles on it. I'll drive if I must, but I'd rather not strain my car any more than it already is.

Obviously, I'll pay my share of gas.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
I'm leaving Saturday morning at around 9:30 I guess. Then I'll be returning Satuday night when Max is ready to go.

And Seth, that logic is awful. Josh is talking about something reasonable that many of us do often for tournaments and your examples are way out there. Cost for starters, gas money is like, $5; whereas a bus ticket is $50+ and a plane ticket even more.
It was more a statement about him saying if the willingness is there then I should drive, I should have made that clearer. Willingness has nothing to do whether he believes I should drive when it is really Josh's way of just trying to secure a seat. If Josh's train of thought holds and he has a willingness to go then he would find a way there no matter how ridiculous the means of getting there are.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Ok, so we have eight (8) people who want to go. That means we need at least two (2) cars. I'm definitely going and somebody else needs to drive. And since very few of us have cars, that really means either Seth or Thomas need to drive.

I'm taking Max, me and 2 others (probably Josh and Dennis). That leaves Stephen, Ricky, Seth and Thomas.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
I heard that Javi and Seth 2-0'ed Dennis and Josh in teams. Please tell me this isn't so.
It is so. From now on at tourneys where gville needs to be represented Javi and I will step up as the gville team. Seriously though the truth is javi played amazing, and I did exactly as he told me lol Dennis and Josh also played the best I have ever seen them play in their lives so it was definitely a hard fought battle. Good job you guys, I see potential in you both! lol

On three (josh and dennis)....whose fault was it?

VGmasta

Smash Lord

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
i think ricky and i deserve a spot in the next car over those who went, such that there is only one care going.

ps maybe thomas too

Renth

Smash Hero
You can get a spec pass in person plank doesn't need to know spectators online, buddy of mine i grew up with is coming to this with me along with some other cool people.

See you all in about 2 days. Go hard this tournament is mad hype

Top Bottom