• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funny SSB4 Picture Captions - No Inappropriate Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Regardless, I wouldn't call Wolf, Lucas, and Toon Link clones. Toon Link is probably the closest since it's just another version of Link, but still. If Lucas and Wolf are clones, then Luigi is a clone of Mario, and Metaknight is a clone of Kirby.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Regardless, I wouldn't call Wolf, Lucas, and Toon Link clones. Toon Link is probably the closest since it's just another version of Link, but still. If Lucas and Wolf are clones, then Luigi is a clone of Mario, and Metaknight is a clone of Kirby.
Tell me how is Metaknight a clone of Kirby (Other than him being a kirby species itself)

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Tell me how is Metaknight a clone of Kirby (Other than him being a kirby species itself)
Obviously because they're from the same series and they have a few moves with similar properties, it makes them a clone (sarcasm).

I mean, if we're gonna use Wolf and Lucas as clone examples... Might as well say Metaknight's nair is like Kirbys, as well as his dtilt, up-down throws, multijump-ability is reminiscent of Kirby. It's not really any different than comparing Lucas to Ness, and Wolf to Fox/Falco.

If you can't tell, that original post wasn't me saying Metaknight's a clone of Kirby, just that if we're going by the logic used to classify Lucas and Wolf as clones, Metaknight might as well be a clone too, as should Luigi be a clone of Mario, Ganondorf as a clone of Captain Falcon. Hell, Jigglypuff might even be considered a clone of Kirby if you wanna use as loose of rules as some of these folks do. I'm just making a point here that that kind of thinking is ridiculous and doesn't really get anywhere. ESPECIALLY the notion the Lucas is a clone of Ness.

As a former Brawl Lucas player, that statement infuriates me on so many levels because it's just flat out wrong, lol. The only thing they share in common is their final smashes and specials, but even then, especially after ATs like B-reverse were discovered, Lucas' and Ness' specials turned out to be completely different in function. Sorry to get off on a tangent, but yeah, that's why I brought the argument up in the first place. I won't digress any more though. I'd contribute to the thread itself but I don't have any relevant, new captions. :c

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Obviously because they're from the same series and they have a few moves with similar properties, it makes them a clone (sarcasm).

I mean, if we're gonna use Wolf and Lucas as clone examples... Might as well say Metaknight's nair is like Kirbys, as well as his dtilt, up-down throws, multijump-ability is reminiscent of Kirby. It's not really any different than comparing Lucas to Ness, and Wolf to Fox/Falco.

If you can't tell, that original post wasn't me saying Metaknight's a clone of Kirby, just that if we're going by the logic used to classify Lucas and Wolf as clones, Metaknight might as well be a clone too, as should Luigi be a clone of Mario, Ganondorf as a clone of Captain Falcon. Hell, Jigglypuff might even be considered a clone of Kirby if you wanna use as loose of rules as some of these folks do. I'm just making a point here that that kind of thinking is ridiculous and doesn't really get anywhere. ESPECIALLY the notion the Lucas is a clone of Ness.

As a former Brawl Lucas player, that statement infuriates me on so many levels because it's just flat out wrong, lol. The only thing they share in common is their final smashes and specials, but even then, especially after ATs like B-reverse were discovered, Lucas' and Ness' specials turned out to be completely different in function. Sorry to get off on a tangent, but yeah, that's why I brought the argument up in the first place. I won't digress any more though. I'd contribute to the thread itself but I don't have any relevant, new captions. :c
I will say Comparing meta knight to wolf and Lucas is one of the most rediculous arguments I've ever seen

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I will say Comparing meta knight to wolf and Lucas is one of the most rediculous arguments I've ever seen
If you're insinuating I was comparing Metaknight directly to Wolf and Lucas, then yes. I'm not saying Metaknight's a clone of those two. But otherwise, I don't think it's that much a stretch to say that Lucas being called a "clone" is so ridiculous in itself that you might as well say Metaknight is a clone of Kirby.

I guess it all depends on one's view of a clone, though. If having some b-moves comparable in name/visuals makes a character a clone, well okay then.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

Also, that That's so Shulk vid should have had him saying, I'm really feeling it at the end!

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
If you're insinuating I was comparing Metaknight directly to Wolf and Lucas, then yes. I'm not saying Metaknight's a clone of those two. But otherwise, I don't think it's that much a stretch to say that Lucas being called a "clone" is so ridiculous in itself that you might as well say Metaknight is a clone of Kirby.

I guess it all depends on one's view of a clone, though. If having some b-moves comparable in name/visuals makes a character a clone, well okay then.
Now you've gone full ******. Never go full ******.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got another video for you guys. Reyn reacts to Shulk's trailer:
Jesus Christ.

Does Reyn commentate the Premier League in his spare time? Sounds exactly like a football commentator.

EDIT: Holy crap, the Trintran strikes again...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom