• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funny Brawl Pics

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
They should give you credit, what they are doing is mean...

Hopefully people will notice that they stole it.

MarsRoy

Smash Ace
you know clock. you and melee master didnt even respect my art. and thats all i wanted. so its very cool someone took notice of your nice work. i wish someone would do the same for me. but youre right if they knew it was yours they should credit it like people do. like people should but o well.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
that's entirely different. we always knew that those came from you, but stealing someone's stuff and claiming it as yours, AND MAKING A PROFIT! now that's serious.

MarsRoy

Smash Ace
lol how old are you meleemaster? just let it go. there is nothing clock could do . if anything it goes against nintendo not clock. its all nintendo characters. no one should profit off them without nintendos consent first.
next i would suggest that you people get your stuff a copyright if you really care that much. and try to sell your own posters.

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
lol how old are you meleemaster? just let it go. there is nothing clock could do . if anything it goes against nintendo not clock. its all nintendo characters. no one should profit off them without nintendos consent first.
next i would suggest that you people get your stuff a copyright if you really care that much. and try to sell your own posters.
You don't seem to understand.
I was never making a profit of my work, it was just a fanwork, it was purely for non-profit entertainment, fair use.
Halolz took my shot, claimed it as their own, and are selling it off, regardless of who's characters or property rights are on the image, it's MY work that's been stolen.

I could easily complain to the manufacturers if I wanted to, but I'm not really sure how to approach this, copyright or creative commons (which I have not licensed the shot under)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
read up:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

You are free:

* to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
* to Remix — to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Attribute this work:
Information
What does "Attribute this work" mean?
The page you came from contained embedded licensing metadata, including how the creator wishes to be attributed for re-use. You can use the HTML here to cite the work. Doing so will also include metadata on your page so that others can find the original work as well.

Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license.
* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
* Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
* Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.

MarsRoy

Smash Ace
come on now. anyone can do that. dont get your panties in a bunch . just time to move on. i am sorry. im sure you feel very bad. i know it hurts. i dont know what else to tell you .

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
This is the thing that really gets me.

"Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license."

So effectively, this poster would have to be sold under the same creative commons license.
I don't think they are even doing that. That seems terribly illegal.

Though my shot is not licensed this way, one other on the poster is. Extreme Duck Hunting.

come on now. anyone can do that. dont get your panties in a bunch . just time to move on. i am sorry. im sure you feel very bad. i know it hurts. i dont know what else to tell you .
You need to learn some law pal.

MarsRoy

Smash Ace
i do know the law. what melee posted doesnt really matter. it was a website and i dont care. youre just a kid. you will get over it in time. i really dont want to fight. remember when you people used to be cool and a lot of fun? i still think youre cool. the point is. i think youre lucky. and if this happened to me i would be pretty happy. but i can understand you think if you took a snap shot and posted it online someone should put your name on the bottom of the poster or something. i understand where you come from.

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
i do know the law. what melee posted doesnt really matter. it was a website and i dont care. youre just a kid. you will get over it in time. i really dont want to fight. remember when you people used to be cool and a lot of fun? i still think youre cool. the point is. i think youre lucky. and if this happened to me i would be pretty happy. but i can understand you think if you took a snap shot and posted it online someone should put your name on the bottom of the poster or something. i understand where you come from.
I'm 19, I'm in University, and I'm aiming for a career in creative industries.

Shut the hell up and stop speaking out of your ***. It doesn't matter if it's on a website or not, this is basic copyright theft they've performed, and it's serious because money is involved.

Denzi

Smash Master
The pictures on the last two pages (as well as "Get teh point") were epic.

Sucks to be Rupee :(
I hope you work something out.

MarsRoy

Smash Ace
i know my advice is useless but i saw drop it.

getting things back on track. tune into the marsyoy show for more.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
you might not understand the magnitude of this situation. sure, this licensce can easily be violated by it being posted on other websites, altered, or whatnot witout the owner's consent. That is not too big of a deal. but add the factor of SELLING something without consent by the author (not even giving credit to, in this situation) is terribly in the illegal region. you see this happen in the pirating community all the time. have you heard of someone being arrested over illegal pirated music before? probably yes. but if that is always the case, millions of people with not so legal copies of stuff would be arrested left and right. this isn't the case, because that is also not too big of a deal. in every case where a person is arrested, trialed, and found guilty or innocent, in terms of pirating, has been because that person SHARED the pirated material, even selling perhaps. that's what's a big deal, you can't get much more illegal than that stuff, except for patents, trademarks, and copyrights.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
go 5 pages back and tell me how many Brawl pics have been posted (quotes do not count)

MarsRoy

Smash Ace
i posted one a page back. i would post more. but people yell at me. dont worry dude. as long as you have me. this place wont die.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
That Bowser pic is the funniest i saw in all my life.
Thanks Dekuu, really. You made my day a good day.

MarsRoy

Smash Ace
hey thanks for looking at my photobucket. and no one every said i couldnt do it one at a time. and one said i couldnt reply to everything. you have the right to leave if you want. and about your snapshot thing. you did nothing wrong bring it up here. we understand. im just a guy. im just having fun. and im not breaking any rules. you guys yelled at me. so i stopped posting them. i dont hate you people at all. if you want you can start a no homers club and ban me or something. but i dont think you people are willing to go that far.

and i was always upfront about me posting a pic a day. i agree i got carried away at the start. but i just wanted someone to like me. but its ok. its all over with now.

livan

Smash Apprentice
they are very good pictures or image i wants to show my but i don't know how to upload or i need a explication , i enjoy it

n_n

Top Bottom