• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Game: The Great Roster Judging Competition (Register for the Villains-only Contest!)

Should everyone use my criteria for judging?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Nooneknowswhoweare_zps95e19db8.png

I will now judge Shortiecanbrawl's roster.

Mario series: Perfect.

Donkey Kong series: Dixie should be her own character.

The Legend Of Zelda series: I tought Toon Link was confirmed.

Metroid series: Perfect.

Yoshi series: Perfect.

Kirby series: Perfect.

Star Fox series: Remove Krystal.

Pokémon series: Replace Zoroark with Lucario.

F Zero series: I like that you added a newcomer. Perfect.

Mother series: Perfect.

Fire Emblem series: Remove Tharja. Maybe replace her with Chrom or Roy.

Kid Icarus series: Perfect.

Wario series: Perfect.

Pikmin series: Perfect.

Retro series: Could have one more.

Obscure/historical series: Should have a newcomer.

Other series: Perfect.

Third-Party series: Wait. Where are the third-parties?

Good

- Almost perfect series balance

Bad

- You forgot Sonic, Megaman and Toon Link, they are confirmed so they should be there

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
untitled.png

And the final one is Kon's roster. Once I finish this, I will post the score everyone got, update the OP with the badge and announce what the next contest is about!

Mario series: Should have a newcomer.

Donkey Kong series: Perfect.

The Legend Of Zelda series: Perfect.

Metroid series: Should have Ridley.

Yoshi series: Perfect.

Kirby series: Perfect.

Star Fox series: Remove Krystal. 4 Star Fox characters is too much when we have only one Metroid character.

Pokémon series: Not bad, but Mewtwo or some newcomer could be there.

F Zero series: Perfect.

Mother series: Perfect.

Fire Emblem series: Perfect.

Kid Icarus series: If we get a newcomer for this series it should be Palutena.

Wario series: Perfect.

Pikmin series: Perfect.

Retro series: Should have more. The only retro here is Ice Climbers.

Obscure/historical series: Could have a newcomer.

Other series: Perfect.

Third-Party series: Would be better if Snake returned but he is a realistic cut.

Series balance is almost perfect, the only problem is the lack of retros.

Good

- Almost perfect series balance

Bad

- Lack of retros

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Thx for the analysis. Your Starfox point is a good one, I guess next time I have to kick one of the 4. Talking about Pokemon, I see Lucario as a semi-newcomer if he get's his Mega-form in some way. And for Kid Icarus I guess Palutena and Medusa are on an equal level in terms of likeliness as Medusa is the classic ennemy of Pit.

For the retro series I didn't see many characters I could imagine to be in SSB4 except for maybe Takamaru. Might have put him in it.

I know it's just a game and the analysis represents your opinion, but at least I wanted to share my reasons for putting certain characters in over others (like in the case of Medusa instead of Palutena)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Thx for the analysis. Your Starfox point is a good one, I guess next time I have to kick one of the 4. Talking about Pokemon, I see Lucario as a semi-newcomer if he get's his Mega-form in some way. And for Kid Icarus I guess Palutena and Medusa are on an equal level in terms of likeliness as Medusa is the classic ennemy of Pit.

For the retro series I didn't see many characters I could imagine to be in SSB4 except for maybe Takamaru. Might have put him in it.

I know it's just a game and the analysis represents your opinion, but at least I wanted to share my reasons for putting certain characters in over others (like in the case of Medusa instead of Palutena)
No problem with sharing your reasons guy, others did that too. Your reasons are good too :) . Also I would suggest removing Krystal from Star Fox. It makes more sense since Sakurai can just put in the 3 characters from Brawl and it is done. For Krystal he would need to make a new moveset. Plus even if Krystal is in but Falco / Wolf is not, we won't have 4 Star Fox characters in one game, but we would have got 4 Star Fox characters if counting all of the games.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Now it is time to reveal the scores and announce the winner:

BluePikmin11 - 9/10
TORNADOBUSDRIVER - 9/10
Fortanono - 8/10
Pacack - 9/10
SmasherMaster - 9/10
lonekonwolf - 8/10
splat - 9/10
the smash nerd - 7/10
Cheezey Bites - 9/10
MaskO'Gears - 8/10
Opossum - 10/10
Zhadgon - 9/10
Scatmansworld25 - 9/10
Keybladeguy - 9/10
Shortiecanbrawl - 7/10
Kon - 9/10

Congratulations, Opossum! You won the first competition! This means you will be the judge next round. If for some reason you don't want or can't be the judge, just say it and I will let anyone judge in your place. By winning you won't get any points as every two wins are worth one point, however you won the number one badge because you won the first contest and the badge is worth one point. So now you have one point!

The next competition will be a special Christmas competiton, since Christmas is nearing. The rules are the same but users should create rosters with ice-related characters only. I will open 16 new spots for registration for the Christmas contest.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Nice but I have a question should the character need to be in Nintendo console and how many spots should the roster have?
.n_n.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Nice but I have a question should the character need to be in Nintendo console and how many spots should the roster have?
.n_n.
There is no character limit. About the character needing to be in a Nintendo console I don't know, does Nintendo have a lot of ice-related characters? If you can think of at least 30 ice-related characters from Nintendo it would be great but if there is not that much I will allow characters that haven't been in a Nintendo console. This is a creativity contest anyway since we will never get a Smash with only ice-related characters unless Sakurai wants to release some kind of spin-off.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Is Mario allowed because of Ice Flower?

Also, can we add non video game characters?

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Mario is not allowed. Non Video Game characters are OK.
What about Ice Mario?
EDIT: My entry

If there's anything wrong with it tell me and I will fix it.
[collapse=Explanation]
Mario: I had a tough time deciding between Penguin, Penguin Mario, and Ice Mario. I ruled out Penguin pretty quickly, and then after awhile I decided to go with Penguin Mario for the seniority
Donkey Kong: With a winter theme the first thing I thought was Tropical Freeze. I then had to decide what Viking I wanted an I decided on the Walrus since he seemed like the best fit for smash.
Metroid: Sheegoth is basically a placeholder since I have no knowledge of the Metroid series.
The Legend of Zelda: Kotake was a pretty easy one since she is probably the most recognizable ice enemy in Zelda. Honcho (along with Sheegoth) wasn't even in the original roster. I only added him as a placeholder because ten seemed like such a small number.
Kirby: Chilly and Mr. Frosty are the most reoccuring, and recognizable ice characters in the series.
Pokemon: I went with Abomasnow because he got a new mega evolution this gen (plus what is Christmas without a Christmas tree?) and I went with Kyurem for the major role it has in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.
Kid Icarus: Snowman was the only ice character I could find that could work in smash.
Retro: Do I even need to explain?

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

Explantions:
Yeto and Yeta live in the Snowpeak ruins and Yeto strongly resembles a Yeti
Sylux's homeplanet is Cylosis, which has snow storms.
All the Pokemon are ice type.
The trainers are ice-type trainers

*Made this with the Roster Maker, so I had limited characters to choose from*

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Winter Wonderland.png

Here's my wacky winter wonderland roster.

4th Party characters
Anne and Elsa are from Disney's Frozen. Else has ice powers and Anna is the main character
Jack Skellington and Sandy Claws are from Nightmare Before Christmas, a Christmas movie.
Jack Frost is the spirit of winter and North is Santa Claus. Both are form Rise Of The Guardians.
Buddy is from Elf, a christmas movie.
Santa, Rudolph and Frosty are iconic Christmas figures.
Mr. Freeze, just look at the name.
Kevin is from Home Alone, a Christmas movie, and one of the most iconic.
Ice King and Danny Phantom have ice powers.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Yeah. I should probably choose a new theme for the next competition. I was waiting for all spots to be filled. What do you guys want for the next competition?
I suggest Beautiful Bash Sisters, PokeBrawl or one Character Per Series

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
One character per series sounds great. But I would like to see a 100 character roster competition. That may take a long time to judge tho...

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I suggest Beautiful Bash Sisters, PokeBrawl or one Character Per Series
I'm trying to choose between the first two.

One character per series sounds great. But I would like to see a 100 character roster competition. That may take a long time to judge tho...
Sorry, but I don't think we will ever have a 100 character one because of the reason you said.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I got a new idea. How about a roster where everyone has to be a tag-team like the ice climbers? Here is an example

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Lol, your judging man. Reading "It should be Chrome or Roy."

Can we just step away from sword users in Fire Emblem? Please? For the love of God, they have a ton of classes in there and we only get sword users.

That's about my only issue with your judging. Other then that, loving this thread. I'll be in on the next one.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
And I finally managed to change the title! The game will now be revived! There are 16 spots for the Pokémon contest, where your rosters must only have Pokémon and trainers! Tagging @Opossum here as he is going to be the judge, since he won the first contest. Opossum, please tell me if you don't want to be the judge.

Come on and register guys!!!

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Save me a spot. I already have my roster, I just want to have all 3D images to make it look cool.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
And I finally managed to change the title! The game will now be revived! There are 16 spots for the Pokémon contest, where your rosters must only have Pokémon and trainers! Tagging @Opossum here as he is going to be the judge, since he won the first contest. Opossum, please tell me if you don't want to be the judge.

Come on and register guys!!!
I'll register. Just give me time to make it. Is there any character limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom