• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Game: The Great Roster Judging Competition (Register for the Villains-only Contest!)

Should everyone use my criteria for judging?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
This forum game is simple. 16 guys post their rosters. Then I choose one to be the judge. The judge should judge all of the rosters and say what is the best one. The guy that wins is the next judge. After someone wins 2 times, that guy gets a point.

Opossum - 1
SmasherMaster - 1

Spots for the villains-only roster contest:

1. @dimensionsword64
2. @ Tepig2000 Tepig2000 (yes, I can play too)
3. @PixelPasta
4. @TCT~Phantom
5. @Opossum
6. @Zhadgon
7. @Toxicroaker
8. @SerPete
9. @The Light Music Club

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
well this one seems unique at the very least, but I'll bite
by the way is this a want or a prediction roster game?
(I want to know which roster to post)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
well this one seems unique at the very least, but I'll bite
by the way is this a want or a prediction roster game?
(I want to know which roster to post)
It's prediction.

Do we have to use the roster maker 8000 to post our rosters? I assume the answer is yes, I am just asking anyways.
You dont need to use it, but I think there's no better way to make rosters anyway. The only thing I want is that I need a picture, lists don't count.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's prediction.

You dont need to use it, but I think there's no better way to make rosters anyway. The only thing I want is that I need a picture, lists don't count.
Yes, that is essentially what I was asking. I was going to post a list, thank you for the response.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I feel that the game is inherently flawed.

For instance, if Tepig2000 chooses someone to be a judge and he has a preference for very safe rosters, then accordingly, the guy with the safest roster will win and become the next judge, who in turn will choose a similar safe roster, and so on. (I hope you understand what I'm getting at...)

Also there is a loophole that two users can vote for each other's rosters and alternatively get to be the judges.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
the safest rosters ARE the most likely. THAT'S WHY they're SAFE. that's also why games like this are boring imo.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Added BluePikmin11, TORNADO BUS DRIVER and Fortanono to the competitors list. We still need 13 competitors to start round 1.

I feel that the game is inherently flawed.

For instance, if Tepig2000 chooses someone to be a judge and he has a preference for very safe rosters, then accordingly, the guy with the safest roster will win and become the next judge, who in turn will choose a similar safe roster, and so on. (I hope you understand what I'm getting at...)

Also there is a loophole that two users can vote for each other's rosters and alternatively get to be the judges.
Created a rules section and added the first rule, which prevents that last thing you said. I'm also going to do themed competitions so it does not get boring, for example, in Christmas I could do a Christmas roster competiton where all characters in the roster must be related to ice in some way.However, the first round will be predictions.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
the safest rosters ARE the most likely. THAT'S WHY they're SAFE. that's also why games like this are boring imo.
A roster including Wii Fit Trainer and Villager (or any AC character) pre-E3 would have been considered a risky roster, where as one with characters like Mega Man, Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, Palutena, etc would have been, and is still, considered a safe one. There's nothing such as a totally safe roster, because many people even regard them as unlikely, because there's still a decent chance we're thrown another curveball.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I was going to give "badges" (which are basically images edited with paint) to users who acomplish certain things, but for some reason I can only upload one file per message. So sadly I won't do this. I would just upload images in the OP saying "This badge was awarded to *Insert Username Here* because he *Insert Some Acomplishment Here*. But I can't do this, I don't know why there's a limit of one image.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Sorry for the double post, but I have more things to say now.

First, I updated the OP with more rules.

Also, you should post your rosters only after one week has passed and the competition begins. The first three users who registered already posted their rosters, but since I did not create this rule before they registered, I will count the rosters anyway. Afterwards, only rosters posted when the competition begins will count.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
I won't mind this roster, but if some judge wants to judge appearance, you would lose. I reccomend making it more nice looking. Also you need to put actual characters instead of series symbols. Do these things and you will be able to participate.
Pretty much this but apart from that i love this roster.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'll bite.

Explanations:
Sheik and ZSS are transformations (and hopefully are both selectable on the selection screen), but I didn't like any of the icons for both.

Takamaru is my retro rep, but I could see others happening, so you should consider him something of a placeholder.

I cut Pokemon Trainer because his development time is the same of three other veterans, and I was keeping myself to a limit of 50 characters, including transformations.

Roy is literally just a placeholder because his icon looked the best. I could see Chrom or Robin getting in as well. (Robin would be my personal choice)

Daitoryo is less of a placeholder than Roy or Takamaru, since I think he's the most likely historical character to be added, but others may take his place.

Pac-Man did not "replace" Snake in my roster, and I could definitely see Snake returning, but I think it's slightly more likely that he'll be cut than that he'll stay, and this is a prediction roster. (I'd be sad to see Snake go, though)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Changed the rules a little,
I'll bite.

Explanations:
Sheik and ZSS are transformations (and hopefully are both selectable on the selection screen), but I didn't like any of the icons for both.

Takamaru is my retro rep, but I could see others happening, so you should consider him something of a placeholder.

I cut Pokemon Trainer because his development time is the same of three other veterans, and I was keeping myself to a limit of 50 characters, including transformations.

Roy is literally just a placeholder because his icon looked the best. I could see Chrom or Robin getting in as well. (Robin would be my personal choice)

Daitoryo is less of a placeholder than Roy or Takamaru, since I think he's the most likely historical character to be added, but others may take his place.

Pac-Man did not "replace" Snake in my roster, and I could definitely see Snake returning, but I think it's slightly more likely that he'll be cut than that he'll stay, and this is a prediction roster. (I'd be sad to see Snake go, though)
and added you to the competition.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
There's still unfilled spots. I would suggest putting Marth and Ness in your roster, or removing these series icons.

EDIT: Just want to say that I don't care for the appearance of the rosters. Also, what about having some specific things the judge must analysis? For example, the user would give 1-10 points for: Character choices, Roster Design and Cut Characters, among other things. I feel this makes it more organized.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I was going to give "badges" (which are basically images edited with paint) to users who acomplish certain things, but for some reason I can only upload one file per message. So sadly I won't do this. I would just upload images in the OP saying "This badge was awarded to *Insert Username Here* because he *Insert Some Acomplishment Here*. But I can't do this, I don't know why there's a limit of one image.
Upload the image of the badge to another website, like Imgur, then link the image into the post via the [ img ] tag. In that way it won't become an attachment to your post.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
UPDATE: Here is my prediction roster (sort-of) and I want to use THAT instead.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
A roster including Wii Fit Trainer and Villager (or any AC character) pre-E3 would have been considered a risky roster, where as one with characters like Mega Man, Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, Palutena, etc would have been, and is still, considered a safe one. There's nothing such as a totally safe roster, because many people even regard them as unlikely, because there's still a decent chance we're thrown another curveball.
That doesn't follow. The fact that those characters got into the roster doesn't retroactively make their epistemological probability increase before they were revealed. The most you can say is that some number of wtf characters are likely. That doesn't increase the chances of any particular character. And I'd argue that the fact there is already one wtf character on the roster decreases the chance of any more wtf characters being revealed.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That doesn't follow. The fact that those characters got into the roster doesn't retroactively make their epistemological probability increase before they were revealed. The most you can say is that some number of wtf characters are likely. That doesn't increase the chances of any particular character. And I'd argue that the fact there is already one wtf character on the roster decreases the chance of any more wtf characters being revealed.
Happy 400th message.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Super ROSTAH!.png

My Explanations

• First 10 franchises from the original game are the top row.
  • Bowser Jr is because I think it's either him or Toad for a Mario character. Toad being shown as Toad has been shown as Peach B.
  • Little Mac because Punch Out is the biggest Nintendo franchise that doesn't have a character.
  • Dixie and K Rool are both in because they both are popular. Kirby had two newcomers in Brawl.
  • Robin to represent Fire Emblum Awakening and be unique for Fire Emblum.
  • Tetra because she is highly requested and is the most reoccurring sidekick character to Link.
  • Ridley because Metroid needs another character and is the most requested new character.
  • Palutena because she's highly requested.
  • Takamaru as a retro character because he is popular and somewhat recent.
  • Mewtwo because it is the most requested character in general.
  • Shulk is one of the biggest IPs that were made since after Brawl.
  • The Mii because Wii Sports is the best selling Wii game.
  • Duck Hunt Dog is there as a retro character and NES Zapper made the NES big.
  • Pacman because the roster would look awkward with three 3rd party characters.
  • Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard and Toon Zelda are all alternate costumes that are accessed by the menu but I didn't find a good picture for all of them.
  • Best of All
NO CUTS!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I agree it's unlikely we're getting another wtf character, but I'm still rather certain the rest of the spots won't be filled by only demanded characters. It's likely that there's going to be at least one more weird leap, probably in the form of ZSS and Pokémon Trainer.

splat

Smash Lord

Tried to make it more Smash 4 than Brawl Extended, so there's only three series getting an additional character, plus two series regaining a cut character. One character is cut, Snake. Including the new series that were revealed already, there's eight new series - despite a 'mere' 47 character slots, as opposed to many of the 50+ rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom