• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Game: The Great Roster Judging Competition (Register for the Villains-only Contest!)

Should everyone use my criteria for judging?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
At first I tought we won't get 16 competitors, but now we only need one more!

Also added Shortiecanbrawl to the competition.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
And Yoshi/Toad/Peach/Bowser/Waluigi could be third place. If there is a 3rd place.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
k0ri81.png

The judging will start now. I will judge in order of registration, so the first roster to be judged is BluePikmin11's roster.

I will first analysis if the series are well represented. Let's start!

Mario series: This series has Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser. While this is not that bad, a Mario newcomer would be really good.

Donkey Kong series: This series has DK, Diddy + Dixie and King K. Rool. It's almost perfect, the only thing that could make it better would be Dixie being a separate character.

The Legend Of Zelda series: This series has Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link. Perfect!

Metroid series: Samus, Zero Suit Samus and Ridley is the obvious and perfect choice.

Yoshi series: Just Yoshi? Looks OK. I would like a newcomer but doubt it will happen.

Kirby series: Kirby, Meta Knight and King Dedede is all we need. So this is good.

Star Fox series: Fox, Falco and Wolf is the best choice to represent the series. Perfect.

Pokémon series: Lucario should replace Zoroark. Do that and it is perfect.

F Zero series: While a newcomer won't hurt, just Captain Falcon alone is the best choice.

Mother series: Ness and Lucas is perfect.

Fire Emblem series: Marth and Chrom is good, but Ike is not an obvious choice for a cut. Ike would make it perfect.

Kid Icarus series: Pit and Palutena seems good.

Wario series: Just Wario, OK.

Pikmin series: Just Olimar, OK.

Retro series: Ice Climbers, Prince Sable and Takamaru is good enough. Prince Sable is really creative!

Obscure/historical series: Daitoryo, R.O.B., Mr. Game and Watch and Lip is good. Lip and Daitoryo are really cool choices too.

Other series: I doubt Dr. Kawashima's chances, but he is a cool choice anyways and actually has some small chances.

Third-Party series: Perfect if it wasn't for Snake being cut, tought he's the most likely cut.

Now series balance. I think the series balance is really good, the bigger series having more characters, the previously under-represented series getting new characters and having a good amount of retro characters, historical characters and third parties.

Overall, these are the bad and good points:

Bad

- Despite almost being perfect with the character choices, there are three wrong things. The first is Ike being replaced with Chrom while it would be best if both him and Chrom were in the roster.

- The second is Zoroark replacing Lucario. Zoroark should be removed and replaced with Lucario, because Lucario is a much more likely choice.

- The third and final one is Diddy being a tag team with Dixie, both should be separate characters.

Good

- A lot of creative choices, these creative choices being Prince Sable, Daitoryo and Dr. Kawashima.

- Good series balancing.

- Under-represented series getting newcomers.

- Almost no cuts, while two of them are bad, there's a cut that is not that unlikely, and that is Snake. It would be better if he returned, but he's not a unlikely choice for a cut. Not that I like Snake being cut, I would heavily dislike that.

And that was my analysis of BluePikmin11's roster. Everyone can comment in it, but nothing will change the score BluePikmin got. The score will only be shown after I have analysed all rosters and decided the winner.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So are you gonna review the other rosters soon.
(Also side note: I added Zoroark instead of Lucario because he would offer something more unique than the aura, his illusion ability)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Just one last update. I'm tried of being "safe".

The question mark is my original character Galaxian.
Sorry guy, but the judging has started. I will consider the previous roster.

So are you gonna review the other rosters soon.
(Also side note: I added Zoroark instead of Lucario because he would offer something more unique than the aura, his illusion ability)
That's a good reason for Zoroark, the reason I think Lucario is better is because Zoroark's moment of fame has passed while Lucario is having a second moment of fame in this generation, with his mega evolution and one Lucario being given to you in the game. Answering your question, I plan on judging one or two rosters a day, because if I rush to judge all rosters quickly the reviews will end up being of low quality.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
5d6zsdN.png

I will now judge TORNADOBUSDRIVER's roster.

First series representation.

Mario series: The adition of Paper Mario is really good. Mario definitively needs a newcomer.

Donkey Kong series: Just perfect! It is exactly what is needed.

The Legend Of Zelda series: While I think it is more safe to assume we won't get a Zelda newcomer, Toon Zelda/Tetra is really the best choice for one.

Metroid series: 100% perfect.

Yoshi series: Yoshi alone is the most likely choice, but a newcomer would be good.

Kirby series: While it is more likely that Kirby won't have a newcomer, if it does have one it is Bandana Dee.

Star Fox series: See Metroid section for a third time.

Pokémon series: I guess you should see the Metroid section for a fourth time.

F Zero: Captain Falcon alone is the most likely choice, but a newcomer would be good.

Mother series: 100% perfect again.

Fire Emblem series: It is good but I can't see Lucina being playable, even if she is with Chrom. I feel as if she is not that important and does not add too much to the game as she is too similiar to Marth.

Kid Icarus series: Pit and Palutena seems good.

Wario series: Wario alone is the most likely choice, but a newcomer would be good.

Pikmin series: 100% perfect once again.

Retro series: Good enough. I'm glad you added Mach Rider and Sukapon because people tend to just add Takamaru and call it a day.

Obscure/historial series: Looks good enough.

Other series: All of the choices are good.

Third-Party series: Aside from Shantae, it looks perfect.

Also series balance is really good. So, these are the bad and good points:

Bad

- Two wrong character choices, first one is Lucina,

- And second one is Shantae

Good

- Creative choices like Sukapon and Dillon

- Good series balance

- and best of all, No cuts!!!

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Sorry guy, but the judging has started. I will consider the previous roster.

That's a good reason for Zoroark, the reason I think Lucario is better is because Zoroark's moment of fame has passed while Lucario is having a second moment of fame in this generation, with his mega evolution and one Lucario being given to you in the game. Answering your question, I plan on judging one or two rosters a day, because if I rush to judge all rosters quickly the reviews will end up being of low quality.
Okay, but you haven't judged mine yet. Can you please make the switch?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Here you go, the link goes to the Daitoryo thread where you can learn more about this character and his roots to Nintendo (it can be said that is who started Nintendo long time ago).

Daitoryo

.n_n.
....wow, didnt know how empty my life was until now.
HOLY **** THAT WAS AWESOME, YES PLEASE!!!!!!

Thanks.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
....wow, didnt know how empty my life was until now.
HOLY **** THAT WAS AWESOME, YES PLEASE!!!!!!

Thanks.
Do I have your support? If so, please respond in the Daitoryo thread. (I'm the owner)

To Tepig:
I like the way you're doing this. I think you'll like my roster except for the fact that it has Pokemon Trainer cut. We'll see, I guess :)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Do I have your support? If so, please respond in the Daitoryo thread. (I'm the owner)

To Tepig:
I like the way you're doing this. I think you'll like my roster except for the fact that it has Pokemon Trainer cut. We'll see, I guess :)
Pokémon Trainer cut? Yeah I will dislike this. Squirtle is one of my mains.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Wait it started?

I didn't even notice. Crap.

Can I post mine right now or am I disqualified?
You will need to wait for next round, sorry. You said you would play but I was only counting as registered the users who posted their rosters, and you did not post in time. I would let you play even after it started, but all of the spots have been filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom