• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Game: The Great Roster Judging Competition (Register for the Villains-only Contest!)

Should everyone use my criteria for judging?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
UPDATE: Here is my prediction roster (sort-of) and I want to use THAT instead.

OK. The rosters will only "count" when the judging starts in 11/07, so until that time everyone can change their rosters as much as wanted.

Also, added SmasherMaster, lonekonwolf and splat to the competitors list. We still need 9 users to start!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Upload the image of the badge to another website, like Imgur, then link the image into the post via the [ img ] tag. In that way it won't become an attachment to your post.
Thanks guy! I will do that!

Also, I decided which criteria I will use to judge rosters, I will give points if these things are done right: I will first analyse series representation (number of characters, for example, you would lose points if you do some weird thing like giving Mother more characters than Pokémon). If the series is properly represented I will give you a point. I will count retro series, one character series(except for Wario, Yoshi, F Zero, Metroid or Mother in case they only have one character in your roster), and third party series as one series. For example, Sonic, Metal Gear and Pacman would count as Third Party Series. Then I will analysis the choice for newcomers. Since this is a prediction roster round, unlikely characters make you lose points, and popular / creative choices win you points. I will create a poll asking if everyone should use this criteria for their judging.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
We have eight right now. I think that we should just start it unless somebody else shows up and posts a roster.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
A fine looking roster​
Pokémon having more slots than Mario just doesn't feel right. I see it a lot, and it still irks me.

My Roster is more of a prediction of the planned Roster, with cuts due to time/3DS limitations/Square Enix coming later.

EDIT: Added Lip, and removed Male Wii Fit Trainer, though it seems odd with his different body shape, the alt costumes from M have convinced me it's possible for him to be an alt, and so he should be such. Plus Lip is another good choice for Retro. Also properly outlined Chrom and Lucina..
EDIT 2: Reuploaded picture, this time without Zelda/Sheik repeat and returning Jigglypuff. No change to the intended Roster (even though Marth's reveal makes me less sure of an awakening rep).

Do you want a prediction of the final roster, after such, or will this suffice?

Also I feel the need to justify my lack of Miis by saying how much of a legal nightmare they'd be. Seriously, it's take maybe a day before a video goes up on youtube of celebrity look-a-like Miis beating each other up... Or worse... Hitler... Just Hitler...

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Pokémon having more slots than Mario just doesn't feel right. I see it a lot, and it still irks me.

My Roster is more of a prediction of the planned Roster, with cuts due to time/3DS limitations/Square Enix coming later.

Do you want a prediction of the final roster, after such, or will this surfice?

Also I feel the need to justify my lack of Miis by saying how much of a legal nightmare they'd be. Seriously, it's take maybe a day before a video goes up on youtube of celebrity look-a-like Miis beating each other up... Or worse... Hitler... Just Hitler...
I don't see why I should not accept it. I'm going to add you to the competition.

EDIT: Done!

splat

Smash Lord

I am aware that this isn't really the place to do so, but I would like to explain my choice for a bit.
Note that Sakurai does not count the amount of slots - he counts the amount of playable movesets. So for Brawl, we had more Pokemon characters than Mario characters as well.

Also, I tried to look at the essence of series when selecting my characters. The DK series - the DK:Country series, as I look at it - are all games in which you play with two main characters who battle through a lot of baddies to beat the final boss: so I picked two main characters, DK and Diddy, and said final boss, King K. Rool. The StarFox series is a team-based rail shooter with tons of antagonists: so we have the main character, one of his teammates and then one of the antagonists. In it's core, I think the big four Mario characters are enough - other characters are usually just filler (I love most of them, but honestly, they aren't as important to the 'plot'). While I think the size of the series warrants five characters, I don't think there's a character that's important enough to appear on the roster. Same goes for Zelda - we have the triforce, an ally (in Sheik), and a different timeline of the main character.

However, Pokémon is a game that revolves around lots and lots of different monsters - picking four characters out of the lots is just very hard due to the sheer amount of equally important options (especially since a lot are seen as mascots).
I had the same trouble with Fire Emblem, which brings tons of new characters with every new game too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh, sure. I'll give it a go. :p

Fortanono

Smash Ace