• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Okay guys
I read up on the last few pages

@ Kantrip Kantrip
I don't like your vote on Gorf. It has no reasoning behind it

@ YOLOSWAG YOLOSWAG
I also don't like your lack of explaining

I don't just want to vote on Handorin yet because although he's scummy, he's pretty inactive

I don't like MiR/YOLO's slot at all

I'm null on Gorf

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay guys
I read up on the last few pages

@ Kantrip Kantrip
I don't like your vote on Gorf. It has no reasoning behind it

@ YOLOSWAG YOLOSWAG
I also don't like your lack of explaining

I don't just want to vote on Handorin yet because although he's scummy, he's pretty inactive

I don't like MiR/YOLO's slot at all

I'm null on Gorf
Well it has weak reasoning behind it.

It's like when there's a gut feel that persists even though you can't explain it, and it's a really strong gut feel but you just know that no one else sees it even when you try to explain it.

But then YOLO came along feeling it too and I thought I could work with that.

I'm totally down to lynch Hando too

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think Vult's approach is a bit mechanical but I like him significantly more than Hollow for just being here.

YOLO's going for Gorf without explaining reasoning is entirely null. I have a feeling he doesn't really have anything play-wise on Gorf, and suspect his read is as gut/meta/diction central as mine.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Well it has weak reasoning behind it.

It's like when there's a gut feel that persists even though you can't explain it, and it's a really strong gut feel but you just know that no one else sees it even when you try to explain it.

But then YOLO came along feeling it too and I thought I could work with that.

I'm totally down to lynch Hando too
Alright, but can you at least try to describe that gut feeling or what gives it off?

And ask yourself this: Is that "gut feeling" really strong enough for you to claim scum with such conviction as to start a wagon on him?

Because for me, Gorf doesn't exactly come off as town, but he's not doing anything scummy either. I don't know what to think of it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright, but can you at least try to describe that gut feeling or what gives it off?

And ask yourself this: Is that "gut feeling" really strong enough for you to claim scum with such conviction as to start a wagon on him?

Because for me, Gorf doesn't exactly come off as town, but he's not doing anything scummy either. I don't know what to think of it.
In my recent post where Fanny wanted me to elaborate on the reads list I posted, I outlined the feels for Gorf as best as I really can.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I think Vult's approach is a bit mechanical but I like him significantly more than Hollow for just being here.

YOLO's going for Gorf without explaining reasoning is entirely null. I have a feeling he doesn't really have anything play-wise on Gorf, and suspect his read is as gut/meta/diction central as mine.
It's not really all that null.
I don't expect him to come about with a wall post of explanation, but I think it's odd how anxious he is to go through with that wagon, especially without bothering to try and just say why we should care what he has to say.

Kantrip

Kantplay
People don't need to do or say scummy things to come off as scummy.

It can come from diction, phrasing, things sounding forced, meta differences, acting out of character with no good reason.

Sometimes you can get false alarms from using tells like that and you'll just pick up on someone playing differently as town, but sometimes it's the real deal

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's not really all that null.
I don't expect him to come about with a wall post of explanation, but I think it's odd how anxious he is to go through with that wagon, especially without bothering to try and just say why we should care what he has to say.
The only reason, as town or scum, to not explain a push like that is because you can't explain it.

Scum cares about what people think of them, if they can come up with a reason to shut people up they will because they want people off their back

Town doesn't care what people think as much, they just want scum to die, so if they can't put their read into words they just won't bother

That's how I see it at least

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
People don't need to do or say scummy things to come off as scummy.

It can come from diction, phrasing, things sounding forced, meta differences, acting out of character with no good reason.

Sometimes you can get false alarms from using tells like that and you'll just pick up on someone playing differently as town, but sometimes it's the real deal
Yea, I feel you
Some of his "casual" tone feels a bit forced and insincere to me.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
The only reason, as town or scum, to not explain a push like that is because you can't explain it.

Scum cares about what people think of them, if they can come up with a reason to shut people up they will because they want people off their back

Town doesn't care what people think as much, they just want scum to die, so if they can't put their read into words they just won't bother

That's how I see it at least
Yea, like I said, I don't expect YOLO to write an essay to prove his point.

He's just not giving me any reason to give a **** about why he thinks Gorf is scum. Ya know?
Like I'm down to listen, but just saying "Gorf is scum. Vote on him, you're dumb if you don't" doesn't mean anything to me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yea, I feel you
Some of his "casual" tone feels a bit forced and insincere to me.
His play is just off in so many subtle ways I have trouble amassing into anything significant. That's really what it is. There's some forced jokes, awkwardly phrased posts, strange reactions to things, commenting/not commenting on weird things, trying to agree with people in many cases even when he doesn't actually agree with them, and lots of other small things.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yea, like I said, I don't expect YOLO to write an essay to prove his point.

He's just not giving me any reason to give a **** about why he thinks Gorf is scum. Ya know?
Like I'm down to listen, but just saying "Gorf is scum. Vote on him, you're dumb if you don't" doesn't mean anything to me.
It's my belief that he doesn't have anything on Gorf other than the same problems I have, and it would hurt his ego to admit he's trying to assemble the hardbody crew off of a gut read.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
It's my belief that he doesn't have anything on Gorf other than the same problems I have, and it would hurt his ego to admit he's trying to assemble the hardbody crew off of a gut read.
Yea, alright.
You convinced me on the Gorf wagon not being total ****

I'm still gonna remain null on it though, and see how things play out through the day.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hey Garg, it's clear what your thoughts on the whole YOLO thing is and the whole me thing is, and it's now also clear that you're not really keen on looking toward Hando. What direction are you looking at?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Hey Garg, it's clear what your thoughts on the whole YOLO thing is and the whole me thing is, and it's now also clear that you're not really keen on looking toward Hando. What direction are you looking at?
I'm not exactly intent on lynching Hando but I don't think that direction is bad.
He's been pretty scummy and I don't think he'll ever become active.

Aside from that, I'm holding my thoughts to see how the day plays out before I make any strong decisions.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Garg what are your thoughts of Fandango and Scary?

What do you think Raziek is going to flip assuming he is incapped?

If Hando and YOLO continue to refuse to answer questions, how should they be dealt with?

#HBC | Gorf

There's some forced jokes, awkwardly phrased posts, strange reactions to things, commenting/not commenting on weird things, trying to agree with people in many cases even when he doesn't actually agree with them, and lots of other small things.
You didn't pull that out of thin air though. Just saying it doesn't make it so, and that's what my problem with the wagon has been. It's literally the embodiment of scum reading me for reasons, and like what the hell am I supposed to say about that? Support your case if you're gonna follow through with it please, if not let's get-a moving.

Sans the fact that he's better than the slot he replaced (obviously), what's your read on Vult? It seems like you're implying town here but I don't wanna think that if that ain't the case.

#HBC | Gorf

I'm not exactly intent on lynching Hando but I don't think that direction is bad.
He's been pretty scummy and I don't think he'll ever become active.

Aside from that, I'm holding my thoughts to see how the day plays out before I make any strong decisions.
Okay, so what are you waiting on then?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Vult has just started existing after replacing into a slot that has essentially not been in the game. Too early for me to really feel comfortable assigning a lean one way or the other

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
You didn't pull that out of thin air though. Just saying it doesn't make it so, and that's what my problem with the wagon has been. It's literally the embodiment of scum reading me for reasons, and like what the hell am I supposed to say about that? Support your case if you're gonna follow through with it please, if not let's get-a moving.
I'm not in support of the wagon, but I think that's fair reasoning.
You're not doing anything fundamentally or mechanically scummy but I would be lying if I said that you have come off with an off-beat tone.

Like, your sarcasm right here seems like your trying to mask how defensive you are, rather than being sincerely nonchalant about it.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
You're not doing anything fundamentally or mechanically scummy but I would be lying if I said that you have come off with an off-beat tone.

Like, your sarcasm right here seems like your trying to mask how defensive you are, rather than being sincerely nonchalant about it.
EBWOP: I would be lying if I said that you have not come off with an off-beat tone.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
i want to know why you wanted those reads if it's something that scum cares about

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

EBWOP: you're trying to mask

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
i.e there's an implication there

that you might be doing scummy things / are scum

and it's worth noting

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ok. I have freedom to post without switching accounts, but I don't want to read 20 pages. I'll do what I can, but probably not tonight.

#HBC | Gorf

No sarcasm fueled that post whatsoever. I actually can't do anything about votes on me with no support on the votes, and I actuallly would appreciate either seeing support for the case or moving on from it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
i want to know why you wanted those reads if it's something that scum cares about
I was asking Raz for his read on me so he would commit to calling me town/scum before we started fighting tooth and nail to be the one to survive incapping (if that was going to happen).

Getting him to commit to a read forces him to be consistent in his approach. If he calls me town he can't start attacking my play and pointing out why it's bad as reasoning why he should be kept alive, since he's already established he thinks I'm town. In that case his points have to revolve around why he is a better choice to keep around as town.

If he calls me scum then he is free to elaborate on why I'm scum and make a case or whatever, but I really just wanted him to commit to a read. When he made his catch up, he just focused on connections to dabuz and said I was very unlikely to be his partner. But he never touched on his actual reads on anyone.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Okay, so what are you waiting on then?
As I said before, I'm waiting for the day to play out more so I can develop more well-informed opinions on things.
I would prefer that more than lynching an inactive who made a few scummy posts.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh and it's worth mentioning that he's completely ignored this request of mine and has continued to be useless for everything except telling us "dabuz's partner was probably an inactive"

Why anyone wants him saved over me is beyond me. Must be from historical meta or something

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
No sarcasm fueled that post whatsoever. I actually can't do anything about votes on me with no support on the votes, and I actuallly would appreciate either seeing support for the case or moving on from it.
I assumed you inferred that his stance on you was illegitimate because you felt that he had no reasoning.

#HBC | Gorf

As I said before, I'm waiting for the day to play out more so I can develop more well-informed opinions on things.
I would prefer that more than lynching an inactive who made a few scummy posts.
No. I'm saying what are you waiting on? Like, anybody/anything in particular? It's just, like, this game's kinda approaching enigma status and if you have something, like, do you at least have a reason not to dish it out?

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf I'm curious what your direction is now.

You wanted Hollow before, but now with Vult's replace in do you agree that Hando is probably the best choice after all?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Garg what are your thoughts of Fandango and Scary?

What do you think Raziek is going to flip assuming he is incapped?

If Hando and YOLO continue to refuse to answer questions, how should they be dealt with?
Fanny is leaning town for me. He posts good stuff and is sensible through and through

I don't like Scary, because he kinda just comments on things

I don't know how Raz will flip, but I like you a lot more because you contribute more and I generally like what you contribute

I don't like either Hando or YOLO's slots, so I think Hando should be lynched if nothing comes to greater priority toDay and it depends how things play out for me to decide anything like that for YOLO

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
No. I'm saying what are you waiting on? Like, anybody/anything in particular? It's just, like, this game's kinda approaching enigma status and if you have something, like, do you at least have a reason not to dish it out?
There are particular things I'm looking at but nothing I'm expecting. I want to see how things play out to see the best direction.

Top Bottom