• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
i did? last i checked it took me 3 ****ing phases to get gorf which was the ONLY lynch i wanted all game besides vult. i know you were scum but i still dont agree that your lynch shouldve been prioritized
on the subject of "planning" one's town play:

I think it might have been more convincing if you had acted less sure of yourself. Because you were adamant about Raz and wrong, I'd written off everything you had to say after that. (I ALSO wrote off Gorf's play as VI play, whoops). In fact, the reason I switched my vote last second D4 was because I noticed Ryker's posts were scummy which made me scared you were a mislynch. My jaw actually dropped when Ryker flipped Town.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
For some reason, it has become a trend on dGames recently to adjust one's town play to their scum play...It might be easier for some people to play that way because they feel a bit more comfortable as scum but it also prevents them from making any major steps toward solid townie play.
never understood the mentality of being more comfortable as scum never want to and never will. if youre town there should be no reason to be nervous about **** if youre genuinely trying bar a power role some kind of inside knowledge or antitown play. ive interacted with people whove told me they stopped themselves from posting **** thatdve made themselves easier to read as town cuz they were worried about other ****** perceptions. if you know your thought process can be communicated to town if challenged then i dont agree with holding back andve seen several instances where doing so actually has the OPPOSITE effect and just makes you look worse. course therell be ****** who **** **** up and fall flat on their face explaining the simplest of **** but so it goes

Kantrip

Kantplay
never understood the mentality of being more comfortable as scum never want to and never will. if youre town there should be no reason to be nervous about **** if youre genuinely trying bar a power role some kind of inside knowledge or antitown play. ive interacted with people whove told me they stopped themselves from posting **** thatdve made themselves easier to read as town cuz they were worried about other *****s perceptions. if you know your thought process can be communicated to town if challenged then i dont agree with holding back andve seen several instances where doing so actually has the OPPOSITE effect and just makes you look worse. course therell be *****s who **** **** up and fall flat on their face explaining the simplest of **** but so it goes
More comfortable as scum isn't a thing I don't really know what he's talking about

I'm more comfortable as town which is why I say whatever I want without worrying about what people think of me.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I think it might have been more convincing if you had acted less sure of yourself. Because you were adamant about Raz and wrong, I'd written off everything you had to say after that.
i cant help the former. well i can but i wont. as to the latter ill go ahead and say thats whack as **** cuz a town player being wrong once doesnt equate to their opinion being worthless. i understand your approach but dont personally subscribe to it. btw the reason i called you cleared d4 was cuz i wanted you to eat up the nkill (i felt like ryker was getting set up as town and tho i expected him d5 to come at me i was hoping to talk him out of me being scum and look elsewhere) in case you were town cuz i felt we were just gonna end up at each others throats. but i at least have more knowledge with what to expect of you as town now

and yeah potato that post i made wasnt made to a specific person just people that may apply to that mentality

Kantrip

Kantplay
This is why you are fairly frequently mislynched.
Yeah I suppose that's true

but it's kind of a double standard to expect a townie to play like they have nothing to hide, but also to expect them to tailor their posts to the people they're playing with

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i know good townies like ee and j who take a minute to reread and edit their post (no more than like 2/3 minutes are consistently taken) before hitting submit and it works well for them. others like macman and kevin can be more stream of consciousness and are okay giving no ****s. if the latter has consistently gotten ****** **** on then it makes sense to consider the former. theres a reason this room isnt full of me/handos/rykers/kevinms tho i personally think thatd be the most ballin and thugged out ****

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah I suppose that's true

but it's kind of a double standard to expect a townie to play like they have nothing to hide, but also to expect them to tailor their posts to the people they're playing with
There is no double standard. Dude. Why don't you roleclaim at the start of every single game? It's because you have something to hide. Why would you talk to someone before immediately outing that you're scumreading them. Because you have something to hide. Why would you not tell that hot chick that you live in your mom's basement? Because you have something to hide. Do you really hate getting laid this much?

Kantrip

Kantplay
There is no double standard. Dude. Why don't you roleclaim at the start of every single game? It's because you have something to hide. Why would you talk to someone before immediately outing that you're scumreading them. Because you have something to hide. Why would you not tell that hot chick that you live in your mom's basement? Because you have something to hide. Do you really hate getting laid this much?
Everyone knows my luck with getting laid

So yeah.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Kantrip even I gotta agree here, you needed to not throw all your info out right when you thought it.

I do, even though I do through everything I think on the table, think about it before I post it.

Filtering is a good term for it.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
kantrip just be yourself mate like people will eventually get a meta on you but right now you're changing your play up so much and you're doing this thing where i feel like you're posturing for the sake of wanting to look town but it's not really natural for you so when you get down the nitty-gritty of things your true colors start to show and people get the idea that you were just doing that because you wanted to look town you get me

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry He said your trigger word. I agree with you, Alex, but I'll let you say it.
what

I feel like being easy to read as town goes hand in hand with not filtering your posts, because if you filter posts it looks put-on and fake.

Also I was kind of joking with my post before, but I appreciate the advice nonetheless
oh

i hate this train of thought and this basis entirely. it's not grounded in anything tangible, it's simply a gut feeling created by your interpretations of a person's post. the man could be real as ****, completely honest in what he's saying and you could say he's scum. hell, he could actually be scum who is pushing another player as scum and be completely honest/reasonable in his reasons but if you say "hey he's scum because he's faking all of this", you're right, but you have absolutely no reason to be. please stop justifying players as scum for faking content because, to this day, i have yet to see someone accurately prove a person is faking content without stumbling upon the actual scummy parts of their play or them actually being town or simply the case falling away.

it's just a stupid buzzword, please stop

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
kantrip just be yourself mate like people will eventually get a meta on you but right now you're changing your play up so much and you're doing this thing where i feel like you're posturing for the sake of wanting to look town but it's not really natural for you so when you get down the nitty-gritty of things your true colors start to show and people get the idea that you were just doing that because you wanted to look town you get me
i really notice how stupid this truly sounds to you and i'm sure you're thinking 'well if im town then i want to look town' but cmon nobody said dgames was full of the best mafia players ever and we're all a bit flawed in our approaches and sometimes people get it wrong and yknow what THAT'S OKAY sometimes you could be playing a great game your reads are accurate and another could strike you down from there because yknow that's how mafia is

S'all Good Man

Ranmaru|Vinyl.
Kantrip, on changing your gameplay. You have done it so much, I would think "DAMN! This must be scum Kanty, he doesn't usually do this!" at times. In fact, this was why I was pushing you SO DAMN HARD in LoLupick. Remember that? I was so mad you weren't lynched lol. But luckily you were town.

Another thing, you omgus alot. I think you do that more as town. If I don't think the same way you do, then oh "ran is scum ok." Like you decide that in a split second. Like that one newbie. I wanted to let turazrock live but you'd be like "OH ran is defending him because SCUMBUDDIES" so I let him die to see I wasn't scumbuddies with him. Hehe.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah. My point is that I don't really have a point of reference for 'usual kantrip play'. I don't get an 'understanding' of kantrip, because he is still experimenting (Before that, in NecroMafia, he was SUPER lurky and I was thinking he may have been disinterested scum). Yes that means that I may fall into the meta trap. Yet should I rule that out entirely? (Kantrip is just trying new things, so null?) But I think the good point in this is that he'll learn from experience.

Top Bottom