• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ Kantrip Kantrip
You are right that I had never scum read you. I, however, had never scum read Raz either. I'm looking at the incap as a likely TvT so it's more of a crapshoot man. Unless the uncap votes were to magically appear at a high speed, I wouldn't fear anything yet. IMO the day is really just starting now that there's some extended activity.

Can I still have the compliment?
Yeah and I'm active and Raz is not.

If you think it's TvT I am a better uncap for that reason.

Kantrip

Kantplay
But duuuuuuude you like have liked me what about yolo has you proxying your vote on me?
Wait is this true?

Did Scary just, no questions asked, sheep YOLO onto doing two things completely counter-productive to Scary's own reads?

Dude wtf the game is already pretty slow why the hell would you stall it further by wasting ****ing time?

No you don't get a compliment anymore

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Why do we want to find the other conquest goon first anyways? That just gives DC Comics full control of the Night phases.

Why the **** would we not go after Dabuz's parter first? After a confirmed scum flip, finding the partner through connection is a very efficient way to find the next scum player. Not to mention that if conquest is completely out we should be seeing at the LEAST a subtle change in play style from the DC goons, as they don't have a reason to scum hunt anymore.

@ Fandangox Fandangox

who between potato and raz should i want to live and why?
My thoughts on the matter:

http://smashboards.com/threads/fire...n-conquest-day-2.346599/page-38#post-16301328

http://smashboards.com/threads/fire...n-conquest-day-2.346599/page-38#post-16301543

http://smashboards.com/threads/fire...n-conquest-day-2.346599/page-38#post-16301976

Basically. I find it unlikely that Potassium is on the same team as Dabuz as Dabuz tried to deflect heat on Potassium when he thought he was gonna get lynched. He did the same to Handorin, except even more blatant so Handorin=Dabuz is even more unlikely.

I think Raziek=Dabuz is worth looking into, for the reasons posted in my third linked post.

However Potassium these last few pages has me dislike his slot.

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
^

this is why were not uncapping potato. hes too scatterbrained and flings **** everywhere. raz at least has focus

stick to your ground scary. i give you immunity for all of your actions. youre null to me but arent a priority

Kantrip

Kantplay
^

this is why were not uncapping potato. hes too scatterbrained and flings **** everywhere. raz at least has focus

stick to your ground scary. i give you immunity for all of your actions. youre null to me but arent a priority
I thought it was because I was scum? Also you didn't answer my questions.

I saw what you were doing with getting me to join you on Gorf then asking Gorf his thoughts on me and uncapping me or Raz. Now that that has been answered you can answer me.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
But duuuuuuude you like have liked me what about yolo has you proxying your vote on me?
Actually if I recall he voiced dislike about you. A gut feeling, kind of like what Potasium had against you.

That said can everyone who just joined the gorf wagon to state their reasoning? The only scummy thing I remember Gorf doing was to suggest we wait for a CC when Dabuz claimed. Yolo comes, votes gorf, and suddenly a wagon with no supporting reasoning behind it stars.

Kantrip

Kantplay
1. HollowNote - needs to be replaced so his slot becomes readable
2. Handorin - DC scum/PC scum
3. Gargaglione - town
4. YOLOSWAG - town
5. Gorf - DC scum
6. Raziek - town/PC scum
9. Top Deck BLS - town/DC scum
10. Fandangox - town
11. Gova - town/DC scum
12. ScaryLB59 - town
13. Potassium - town

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
im voting gorf for playing like scum and needing to die

so is there anyone youre looking at for the lynch fanny? i see a lot of analysis regarding dabdabs partner but not much with regards to who needs the noose

potato ima reread your posts in the morning. i was spose to go to sleep but i ended up getting distracted

Kantrip

Kantplay
^That's my direction YOLO

I'm not scatterbrained at all, and my **** throwing at your slot/Scary's slot does not reflect scumreading

Fandangox

Smash Lord
im voting gorf for playing like scum and needing to die

so is there anyone youre looking at for the lynch fanny? i see a lot of analysis regarding dabdabs partner but not much with regards to who needs the noose

potato ima reread your posts in the morning. i was spose to go to sleep but i ended up getting distracted
From my posts I said I found suspicious that Raziek finds Dabuz's slot scummy and keeps voicing dislike for that slot, but doesn't vote him until Dabuz basically gets confirmed as scum. I am not voting Raziek cause he is incapped, so uncapping Potassium is essentially voting Raziek.

I don't think Potassium is PC scum, but he has been very scummy since the fakeclaim, so he could probably be DC scum.
I am gonna laugh off to orbit if both scum teams incapped each other on the first night.

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
i dont understand why this game got inactive. literally everyone is hovering around this thread (even hando) minus hollownote and hes getting a replacement. i understand the game slowing down a bit but yeah guys dont poop out cuz i dont want scum taking advantage of town resting on their laurels

/cheerleading

@Ryker

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, I've been pretty busy for the past couple of days. I'll catch up when I can and stuff.
I mean truth be told, we lynched scum yesterDay, and the games stuck between wanting too see AT LEAST one of their flips.

Anyway, I think you ought to relax. Actually read the game (no you didn't even know dabuz died you need to read). It's okay your slots not getting lynched any time soon so go ahead and read bruh.

Yeh kantrips town and Raz is a town lean at best. Umm uncap Kantrip plz

Aren't you at work, bro?

Kantrip

Kantplay
From my posts I said I found suspicious that Raziek finds Dabuz's slot scummy and keeps voicing dislike for that slot, but doesn't vote him until Dabuz basically gets confirmed as scum. I am not voting Raziek cause he is incapped, so uncapping Potassium is essentially voting Raziek.

I don't think Potassium is PC scum, but he has been very scummy since the fakeclaim, so he could probably be DC scum.
I am gonna laugh off to orbit if both scum teams incapped each other on the first night.
Me being DC Scum would mean that dabuz's partner incapped me.

That would be strange behaviour considering my really weird connection to dabuz after yesterDay that his real partner could use as a scapegoat to protect themself.

My play is going to **** because I react poorly to people pressuring me when I don't think they have reason to and think their approach is wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't really fit on either scumteam at this point (which is why I keep trying to point this out to people who scumread me so they can move on from that).

Kantrip

Kantplay
i dont understand why this game got inactive. literally everyone is hovering around this thread (even hando) minus hollownote and hes getting a replacement. i understand the game slowing down a bit but yeah guys dont poop out cuz i dont want scum taking advantage of town resting on their laurels

/cheerleading

@Ryker
Well if you let me die it'll only get worse

oh and when you encourage people to "not post because you dont care what they have to say"

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
So I'm guessing you have YOLO as solid town to suddenly become his lapdog?
Not necessarily. I really wasn't sure about MiR before the tirade he had when he replaced out. This is likely the marshy head we've seen so far, part of that assumption is I dunno who the other head is lol, but I think this is town marshy so I'm willing to at least give a town lean and hear him out before I go the other way.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Me being DC Scum would mean that dabuz's partner incapped me.

That would be strange behaviour considering my really weird connection to dabuz after yesterDay that his real partner could use as a scapegoat to protect themself.

My play is going to **** because I react poorly to people pressuring me when I don't think they have reason to and think their approach is wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't really fit on either scumteam at this point (which is why I keep trying to point this out to people who scumread me so they can move on from that).
My problem is that even thought your reasoning for not voting Dabuz after the claim is reasonable, he was you biggest scumread at that moment.

We were voting Dabuz because his play was obviously scummy and he was acting too much on self-preservation. Then he claims cop on a what was most likely his biggest selfpreservation act, and then you abandon the wagon and try to convince everyone to vote Handorin on the hope that a wifom-fueled gambit would work out and that he was marked for death anyway.

Him being your biggest scumread shouldn't have made you jump off the wagon and try to convince everyone to act on the chance that he as telling the truth. If you would have acted out of your read on him you would have tried to convince everyone on the intent of climing cop and why he was most likely lying.

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni

yeah i know i read em. but we have a lynch in addition to the uncap situation and i would like to know where your heads at regarding that. if youre still in figuring **** out mode then cool but at least state so. youre focusing the vast majority of your time and play into the incaps and its seriously giving me the willies

Fandangox

Smash Lord
yeah i know i read em. but we have a lynch in addition to the uncap situation and i would like to know where your heads at regarding that. if youre still in figuring **** out mode then cool but at least state so. youre focusing the vast majority of your time and play into the incaps and its seriously giving me the willies
I think its better to wait for the incap to go through first, we will have more information after a flip and be able to work better from there. If we are reaching the deadline and no one is incapped yet I think I would just vote Handorin cause I have given that slot multiple chances to just come and elaborate on his reads and votes, and he still refuses to do so, his jumping of the MiR wagon was very scummy. At this point I'd also wait for Hollownote to replace.

Kantrip

Kantplay
1. HollowNote - needs to be replaced so his slot becomes readable
2. Handorin - DC scum/PC scum
3. Gargaglione - town
4. YOLOSWAG - town
5. Gorf - DC scum
6. Raziek - town/PC scum
9. Top Deck BLS - town/DC scum
10. Fandangox - town
11. Gova - town/DC scum
12. ScaryLB59 - town
13. Potassium - town
Hollow - self explanatory

Hando - jumped in multiple times, sometimes admitting to not having read and still trying to give opinions, and sometimes saying he is caught up and giving **** then not explaining. Literally all he is doing is sitting on a Politoed/YOLO scumread while lurking actively and prod dodging while completely refusing to acknowledge questions towards him or cooperate with us whatsoever. Could be on either scumteam or he could be town, but we will have to deal with him by Lylo and there is no chance of him being replaced like there is with hollow. It's either him or Gorf getting lynched toDay.

Garg - asking good questions making good points keeping it real not a priority

YOLOSWAG - Politoed getting their stance on me out before replacing out reads townie. YOLO getting me to vote Gorf and then asking Gorf for updated thoughts on me was townie. The slot is a pain in the *** to deal with but a townread right now

Gorf - Not scum with dabuz because he was the first to bring up Luigi's Mansion meta with regards to dabuz's play and he's kind of the reason I dove into a dabuz scumread, and then the two of us pushed him and it snowballed until his lynch was unstoppable. However I still dislike his playstyle. It reads very non-conforontational and appeasing everyone, and he throws out a lot of jokes that seem forced at times (he has admitted in the past that this is a problem with his scum meta). Even when he doesn't want something (Hando lynch), he plays it off like "I agree with you and see what you're saying, but..." and then he says what he would prefer (hollow lynch). But he hasn't been doing any actual disagreeing with people in a lot of cases. I could see a potential connection to Hando from this as well as other stuff that has happened earlier in the game. His diction in a lot of cases is also forced to me when Gorf is usually someone who seems really relaxed in thread (it's the walrus)

Raziek - His play alone looks quite townie. He approaches things pretty level-headed (aside from super early game when arguing with Politoed), but he has one of the strangest reactions to dabuz's wagon. He likes it almost immediately, and agrees with people for being on it. He says he may join it later but avoids adding his vote even though he likes the wagon. When the wagon builds steam, he plays devil's advocate for a bit and defends dabuz. Then when the slip is revealed, he votes and puts the final nail in the coffin. The dancing around the wagon early on into diffusing it into hammering it home is a very bad combination when you look at the scum flip from dabuz. If I was looking for connections Raz's would be the strongest one I could find. It's pretty bad that all he could find when looking for dabuz connections was weak reasoning why some inactive players may be his mate.

BLS - I townread soup for replacing out WIFOM but this slot needs to do more. I don't really know what they are. They have a strange connection to Gova that Toed pointed out before they left but I don't have other qualms other than inactivity

Fandango - asking good questions making good points keeping it real not a priority

Gova - Really good play for the most part, most likely town but has that connection to BLS as well as a few things that irk me once in a while. I could see him being the Brosuke of this F&L game and if I was sitting with him in MyLo I would definitely advocate a No Lynch if you know what I'm saying :p

Scary - Actually making an effort to remain active. Sheeping YOLO is dumb but I was fine with the rest of his play so I think he's just selling his soul to the devil for no reason or something

Kantrip

Kantplay
My problem is that even thought your reasoning for not voting Dabuz after the claim is reasonable, he was you biggest scumread at that moment.

We were voting Dabuz because his play was obviously scummy and he was acting too much on self-preservation. Then he claims cop on a what was most likely his biggest selfpreservation act, and then you abandon the wagon and try to convince everyone to vote Handorin on the hope that a wifom-fueled gambit would work out and that he was marked for death anyway.

Him being your biggest scumread shouldn't have made you jump off the wagon and try to convince everyone to act on the chance that he as telling the truth. If you would have acted out of your read on him you would have tried to convince everyone on the intent of climing cop and why he was most likely lying.
At first glance I doubted my scumread on him and bought the cop claim.

It wasn't like "oh he claimed cop but he's still my biggest scumread"

it was like "oh he claimed cop and my reasons for thinking he is scum include playing safe maybe this claim explains his play"

I wisened up and realized I still wanted him dead, but if I'm being honest seeing a cop claim scared me, I really didn't want to accidentally lynch our cop and tried to come up with a statistical compromise that ensured us the best case scenario rather than sticking to my read

Kantrip

Kantplay
(I still did account for the possibility that he could be scum baiting a CC and did call for no one to CC him)

I really was just trying to find a solution that ensured no matter what he was that we would come out on top because, while I still thought he was scum, him claiming cop scared me

Fandangox

Smash Lord
At first glance I doubted my scumread on him and bought the cop claim.

It wasn't like "oh he claimed cop but he's still my biggest scumread"

it was like "oh he claimed cop and my reasons for thinking he is scum include playing safe maybe this claim explains his play"

I wisened up and realized I still wanted him dead, but if I'm being honest seeing a cop claim scared me, I really didn't want to accidentally lynch our cop and tried to come up with a statistical compromise that ensured us the best case scenario rather than sticking to my read
I reacted similarly initially. I started thinking on the possibilities of him either being the cop or not, and what would be the consequences of lynching him depending on the flip. Then I realized that was wrong and thought the best course of action was to work on the intent on his claim, relating it to my read on him. That's why I asked everyone to question why he would claim cop so nonchalantly, since it was consistent with how he played the entire game: Scummy.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Wait is this true?

Did Scary just, no questions asked, sheep YOLO onto doing two things completely counter-productive to Scary's own reads?

Dude wtf the game is already pretty slow why the hell would you stall it further by wasting ****ing time?

No you don't get a compliment anymore
How do you feel it reflects on him? On paper I'd say it's scummy, but I don't know if he's being scummy or just sheepish town. In LM he wasn't against sheeping either, and it just feels the same, you get me?

Oh and then your reads list, cool you do get me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It reflects on a Scary that needs to stop sheeping regardless of his alignment. I don't want to dive into the wifom

I just realized, if DC Comics incapped me then that means dabuz's partner incapped Raz which means Raz can't be dabuz's partner.

Huh.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I feel like it's kinda senseless to have incapped Raz from either POV, aside from maybe going for the lack of connections case.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Second. I'd like to hear about this YOLO.

Did you look at HollowNote's like, two posts, and how he blatantly defends ScumDabuz?
I wouldn't say he blatantly defends the dabuz slot as much as he just makes a terrible "lol I told you so" without exlaining why he thought dabuz might be town.

That said he hasn't been online in a long time, and I doubt he wants to play this game. I'd rather have the slot replaced than just lynch him.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Are we going to wait for a hollownote replacement to allow a chance for reading or are we gonna off the slot?

Looking ahead, if we choose to off the slot, then we should focus our time on trying to figure out the incap situation since we know we have a slot that the majority doesn't really like too much. If we wait on a replacement, they will be pushing the deadline trying to catch up on everything so we wouldn't really get good work out of them until day 3.

Kinda wanna hear thoughts on this? Do we focus on incap and off the hollownote slot or do we wait on replacement and continue as is?

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
Second. I'd like to hear about this YOLO.

Did you look at HollowNote's like, two posts, and how he blatantly defends ScumDabuz?
but man were ****ed if he flips town. he might justve been ****ty town (i told you ****ers not to let him play. good job anyone who was dumb enough to let him join) and id rather have a decent player come in and judge him off of that when we have gorf right on the table

as for why gorf is obviously scum its cuz of his posts

Top Bottom