• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Bad logic. It could be any score if you think of it that way.
No, he's right. The psychological aspect is important, other than different attitude. I don't mean AT ALL that England should've won, but that disallowed goal sure influenced the match as disadvantage.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
No, he's right. The psychological aspect is important, other than different attitude. I don't mean AT ALL that England should've won, but that disallowed goal sure influenced the match as disadvantage.
No, it's bad logic.

If that goal was allowed the German team might have been even more determined to get goals to keep themselves from losing/drawing. Allowing that goal could've made the Germans win 8-2 for all we know.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Germany were the better team, well done.

But how can you leave one at the back? How can you leave Cole on his own when you've got a free kick. That is just criminal. I can't even do that on Pro or Fifa, they don't let you keep one at the back. You just don't do it. Genius.

Browny

Smash Hater
So... 1 Disasllowed England goal, and TWO goals given to offside Germany... that match should have been 2-2

Oh well, sacrifices are always going to have to be made to force change. If it was England's knock out which is enough to force video referee'ing in future WC matches, then so be it. The germans will get theirs though. Its always a matter of time with this game, when it comes to a culmination of bad calls in a single match allowed to completely alter the outcome :(

Dax

Smash Journeyman
No, it's bad logic.

If that goal was allowed the German team might have been even more determined to get goals to keep themselves from losing/drawing. Allowing that goal could've made the Germans win 8-2 for all we know.
But this is based on nothing, lol. You just can't know how things would turn out and that's it, I don't care about that might or might not. That goal could have totally changed the match (yes, this means that maybe Germany could have won 10-2, we don't know)

That referee error shouldn't have happend and I hope the referee is going to get removed.

Oh and, I personally can't care less about the match I don't cheer for any of them XD

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Just rewatching the goals.

The England defenders are dreadful. Their tactics seem to be "crowd around the guy with the ball and ignore everyone else".

zrky

Smash Lol'd
That was a fun game to watch, but England got owned. I actually think Australia had a better game than England did.
And I just saw the replay of tge disallowed goal (I missed that part of the game) and that was crap. It was a definite goal, without a doubt.

Vibe219

Smash Apprentice
That goal definitely should've been allowed, but Germany was the better team today. Where was England's defense for pretty much all of the German's goals??

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I was thinking the same thing! I Germany got the ball the English seemed to just disappear and let them score.

Atlus8

Smash Master
No, it's bad logic.

I'll have to go with Dax on this one! Hell, there so much evidence to back it up! Sports is full of comebacks because the winning team does start to get affected if they start to lose their lead! An easy example was that 2-0 comeback when USA played Slovania! USA got such a confidence boost when they made the second goal to tie it up! Hell, they even made a third goal, but there was that BS call! If the goal was given to England, I'm sure Germany would've felt the pressure! I still think Germany might have been able to pull it off, but we'll never know . . .

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
But this is based on nothing, lol. You just can't know how things would turn out and that's it, I don't care about that might or might not. That goal could have totally changed the match (yes, this means that maybe Germany could have won 10-2, we don't know)

That referee error shouldn't have happend and I hope the referee is going to get removed.

Oh and, I personally can't care less about the match I don't cheer for any of them XD
The ref will probably just get a warning LOL

u mad england? VAMOS ARGENTINA messico bby

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
No, it's bad logic.

You saw what happened to England when they were more determined to get goals. It's not bad logic.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
****ing farce. Get video technology in the game. There's no excuse. The ref knew the linesman had made a mistake but couldn't change his mind because he saw the mistake on the replays and he would have got ***** if he changed the decision.

First in the England game, now this, it's a joke.

Mexico started brightly, the goal totally deflated them. Poor mistake for the second goal.

Lol at Heinze getting hit by the cameraman and then Heinze pushing the camera.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'll have to go with Dax on this one! Hell, there so much evidence to back it up! Sports is full of comebacks because the winning team does start to get affected if they start to lose their lead! An easy example was that 2-0 comeback when USA played Slovania! USA got such a confidence boost when they made the second goal to tie it up! Hell, they even made a third goal, but there was that BS call! If the goal was given to England, I'm sure Germany would've felt the pressure! I still think Germany might have been able to pull it off, but we'll never know . . .
Never watched that USA v Slovania match but I'm sure there was much more to it than a confidence boost.

You saw what happened to England when they were more determined to get goals. It's not bad logic.
Or it is bad logic and the England team just weren't as good as Germany and had dreadful defenders.

There is any number of events that could've happened during that match that could've changed the outcome somehow. The problem with that argument is I can just say "If England was allowed that goal, Germany could've won 8-2" and I have the same amount of evidence as someone saying that match could've ended in a draw.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
There's is a logical relation between playing more aggressively and allowed the opponent to counter more often/give the opponent more oppertunities because the defense lacks. Naturally playing more defensively causes the opponent to have less oppertunities. You are correct the outcome could have been the same, but based on the fact that England's defense would in fact have been more solid if they had gotten that second goal I can conclude that the chance of Germany having the same amount of goals would have been smaller.

So, why was it bad logic?

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Tevez HEAD OF GOD was ****ing amazing, also his goal from outside WAS PURE SEX!!!! ARGENTINA PARA SIEMPRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They really need to incorporate video technology into officiating football matches at the World Cup.

Lol England got ***** but that 2nd goal hmm... Could've given them the boost to put in a better performance.

Same dodgy **** to give Argentina their goal too LOL

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
In all fairness, I think it's England's just desserts for their goal that shouldn't have counted in 1966.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Lol ancient grudges.

Man, I wanted Mexico to win. That match had 2 really nice goals. Man, Tevez' goal, as well as the Mexican goal were soooo clean.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Went to watch the England game at the pub and went for a Subway afterwards. There were like 4 big guys in England t-shirts with bald heads in the queue when I walked in. So I said 'I sure am proud to be a German today' and grinned at them. I'm gonna get beaten up one of these days.

Top Bottom