• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Netherlands played pretty well, so many chances that it should have been more then 2 goals.
Lol at the last minute awarded penalty to Slovakia and unnecessary yellow to the keeper. There was no point in that :p

Chile just never really had a chance in that game.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
So guys, thoughts on the matchup between ARG vs GER?

Germany is looking a lot weaker then 2006, but they got a pretty good defense, while Argentina's defense is not that good. I think first goal is going to win the match.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Netherlands was runner up twice in '74 and '78 while Uruguay won the first one in '30 and the major upset in '50 against Brazil in Brazil.

Go Uruguay!
I know, I sorta meant that as in more modern terms. Because frankly most people right now think of Germany, Brazil, France and Italy (although both were eliminated), as the favorites to win any WC. If we have previously amazing teams play in the finals that would help the general population to stop being so closed minded about who has the ability to win.
I will be ecstatic if Brazil or Germany don't win :)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
paraguay.

All the games lately have had pretty huge gaps between teams...3-1, 4-1, 3-0 haha hopefully it isn't the case for Japan tomorrow xD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
paraguay.

All the games lately have had pretty huge gaps between teams...3-1, 4-1, 3-0 haha hopefully it isn't the case for Japan tomorrow xD
inorite lol :laugh:

hmmm.... I hear Paraguay is good (I haven't seen them play yet), but let's hope that Japan makes it ok?

Browny

Smash Hater
#2 vs #3 ranked teams match tonight... spain vs portugal. I plan on getting up at 4am to see this lol PORTUGAL BETTER NOT DO WHAT THEY DID AGAINST BRAZIL ARGHDAFGSGF

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I expect Spain to starve Portugal of the ball.

Argentina vs Germany can go either way, same with Uruguay vs Ghana. I expect Brazil to beat Holland.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I expect Spain to starve Portugal of the ball.
Aside from this, I also won't be surprised if Ronaldo "falls" again every time someone barely touches him.

I'm torn of the Japan/Paraguay game today. I want Japan to move on but also for another south american team to move. Ah, this sucks. Go both teams! :p

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
paraguay and japan are pretty close...anyones game.

I kinda wish endo went for the shot in his free kick...

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Both teams are playing pretty good. It's going to end in Penalty shots tbh.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
[x called it.
well, i'm not a fan of either team, but I'd much rather have Japan pass than Paraguay.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
you're awesome kewl <333

yeah i really wanna see Japan win this and move on. I'm dieing so bad right now =.= UGHHHH SO NERVOUS

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Honda got it...but its all up to paraguay's last goal....

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dax

Smash Journeyman
**** it. Oh well, Paraguay will get destroyed as japan would have by spain\portugal anyway.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Lol @ us 3 editing.

It was a really good game, even though it ended in penalties.
Both team's defense was really top notch. Japan's offense has been better though.

Overall a good game, I hope the same from Spain vs Portugal.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
**** it. Oh well, Paraguay will get destroyed as japan would have by spain\portugal anyway.
well obviously. The main goal for both those teams for this game was to try to get Top 8 for the first time at the world cup.

That being said, I hot paraguay gets 8-0'd. >:UUUUUUUUU
Lol @ us 3 editing.

It was a really good game, even though it ended in penalties.
Both team's defense was really top notch. Japan's offense has been better though.
yeah lol, thats pretty funny

yeahhhhhh I agree...it sucks that it ended with penalties though =.=

poor komano was crying at the end :< so sad.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't mind Japan losing at all. Paraguay is and has always been a better team than them. Tougher competition and much more consistent. It makes more sense for them to in quarters than for Japan, no offense to ppl who root for Japan.

:059:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Poor Japan :ohwell:
If the coach can keep a consistent team I'm sure they can make it to te semis next time.
Now I need to watch the game since I couldn't this morning (yay for dvr!).

I want Spain to win over portugal only because of Casillas, he's just great imo, haha.

Btw, tery, the vuvuzela chart made my day :laugh:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Coentrao is that dude.

Casillas hasn't impressed me this tournament as usual. Reina is better imo.

Top Bottom