• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

NAKAT

Smash Champion
So in my Impulse pool I got V115, Luckay4Lyphe and MPrime.

1 ZSS and 2 Pika's(Luckay went Pika in pools)

It was a great day to be a Fox main...
To be honest, ZSS isn't entirely bad. The dsmash lock is hard to pull off because the move is slow and Fox is fast. That mu is even in my opinion. I think you need to pick up a secondary for Match-ups you aren't comfortable in. It's cool to go solo Fox, but to be successful it isn't worth it. That's my take on things, I'm out.

Jet300

Smash Ace
Well if you're going to go out posting vids, then I should be able to post pics.

[collapse=Rawr]
[/collapse]

Edit: You're getting pretty good at this video editing stuff! I really liked the effect at 1:00 with the sun spots, think you could do some really cool stuff with that one. The one at like 3:50 kind of obscured things too much. The intro and text there was awesome, I expected the same kind of thing at the end but the red text made me sad.

As far as the dancing, I liked what the guy at 2:50 was doing. Moved way more and had some pretty slick stuff with his arms, dancing on the toes was cool. Why you dance sideways the camera Iblis?

[/i'm not a videoeditor/dance corteographer, yay!]
Cool picture, Kuares.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
To be honest, ZSS isn't entirely bad. The dsmash lock is hard to pull off because the move is slow and Fox is fast. That mu is even in my opinion. I think you need to pick up a secondary for Match-ups you aren't comfortable in. It's cool to go solo Fox, but to be successful it isn't worth it. That's my take on things, I'm out.
hey nakat, could you spare some tips on how to deal with diddy

NAKAT

Smash Champion
hey nakat, could you spare some tips on how to deal with diddy
I take Diddy's bananas and use them against him. Don't be afraid of them, use them to your advantage. I camp Diddy to the max, but when he gets in I still know how to fight him. I am not too great at explaining things, so just watch me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdTX6IPGocw (Old Video)

Kuares

Pizza
Cool picture, Kuares.
Thanks, it was a commission I made to a Canadian Animator. I like it alot, so Imma make a poster for my room of it.

Can :fox: lock on walls with shine? Somebody told me he could, but that doesn't sound right at all.

:018:
He can, you can set it up on Delfino on the walls there, or the walls on Yoshi's/Castle Seige. Most people can SDI out of it on Delfino(had a Kirby who got over the tower wall actually), but there's a way to do it in air down to the deathzone and footstool on the other two stages, mostly because people don't know what's going on.

Fox's five head confirmed for next smash:
http://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/smash_bros_whiteboard.jpg?w=584&h=325

Jet300

Smash Ace
Can :fox: lock on walls with shine? Somebody told me he could, but that doesn't sound right at all.

:018:
Yeah, fox can walk lock characters on walls. It can be done on certain transformations on PS1, certain parts of the stage of Delfino. Everyone SDI right out of it though.

Bing

Smash Master
I have Marth has a Main aswell(I main both)

I agree the MU is even tbh, but unfortunately I play really aggressive and it gets me punished pretty good, Like he got the d-smash lock on me twice in one match, then I switched to Marth. Outside of the d-smash I was fine. Doesnt help he was my 1st seed and finished 4th overall lmfao.

Also against Diddy I agree, the more Bananas they use, the easier they make my life lmfao.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
This is way more recent against ADHD in doubles, it'll still help though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiSnDaIafwE
thank, for the most part I should be camping, nair the barrel when hes off stage, go for the banana (and camp SHTL with it in hand), do you know of anyways baiting in the MU? what buttons do you use to get out of grabs quickly? oh and at 13:02 Nice

@Kaures I hope James McCloud gets in

@Bing wait dont you main Zsuit and second fox

@player-1 you always show-up at the right times dont you

MasterGorf

Smash Cadet
Hello, new fox here, Do you guys have any tips for the SHDL, I don't think I'm doing it right because I think i hit the button to fast which just makes it go over their heads. When I try to time it differently it just ends up with me doing it too slow and having the gun put away animation. -.-

Jet300

Smash Ace
Hello, new fox here, Do you guys have any tips for the SHDL, I don't think I'm doing it right because I think i hit the button to fast which just makes it go over their heads. When I try to time it differently it just ends up with me doing it too slow and having the gun put away animation. -.-
Alright, new fox. If you want to do SHDL, you gotta shoot while you falling.

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Forget SHDL, go for SHTL and SHSL.
But really just practice the timing in training mode and you'll get used to it.

I was also worried you'd all vanished but it seems some are still alive out there.

Jet300

Smash Ace
If you want to learn SHTL, you must change one on the block buttons on your GC controller, CC controller or nunchuck controller etc. to jump. Once you do that, it's very simple. Press the block button that you changed to jump and press b at the same time. And make sure press b 3 times.

Deadjayman

Smash Cadet
I find making x special makes performing SHTL so easy and consistent since I only use y to jump and it's a simple, quick finger slide to y for the immediate laser you need after the jump.

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
LOL!!!

I have a question. Can fox out camp Falco with SHTL on battle field?
It's not really about lasers against Falco, it's about Shine. Shine his lasers and then jump out of shine to reduce lag (if you have the tech skill then SHTL out of Shine when hit by one of his lasers. Assuming he is just going to SHL again, he will get hit with all of Fox's lasers).
If Falco tries to reflect the lasers back, punish him for it. Get close enough to Falco while he's lasering so that a shine->SH out of shine(towards Falco)-> (walk a little bit) grab will work.
That or get underneath Falco when he SHDL. Fox has the dash speed to punish ignorant Falcos.

:phone:

Jet300

Smash Ace
It's not really about lasers against Falco, it's about Shine. Shine his lasers and then jump out of shine to reduce lag (if you have the tech skill then SHTL out of Shine when hit by one of his lasers. Assuming he is just going to SHL again, he will get hit with all of Fox's lasers).
If Falco tries to reflect the lasers back, punish him for it. Get close enough to Falco while he's lasering so that a shine->SH out of shine(towards Falco)-> (walk a little bit) grab will work.
That or get underneath Falco when he SHDL. Fox has the dash speed to punish ignorant Falcos.

:phone:
Alright, thanks.

M@v

Subarashii!
NAKAT, I have anti in my pool. Probably ****ed anyway, but if I make it to him, any fox things that work on him?

crifer

Smash Lord
NAKAT, I have anti in my pool. Probably ****ed anyway, but if I make it to him, any fox things that work on him?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8cX1zpWbdo match 2 :D

good luck anyway ;-)
if you not mind, a few tips from me against olimar:
- if u got the right spacing every time olimar jumps (and usually wants to throw a pikmi) he commits. Use this similiar to the commitment falco´s do when they shdl and punish with dash attack or usmash
- when he jumps and does a pikmin throw run under the thrown pikmin
- try to punish his landings with grab/dsmash (or ac uair/bair to grab/dsmash)
- try to nair a lot as approach (behind him) and as gimping tool
- if he ends up low after getting offstage (maybe by a dsmash at mid%) go for a sh dair offstage, his sa whistle will be beaten.
- use shine intelligently and drift often away while landing

good luck mav and NAKAT ;-)

MasterGorf

Smash Cadet
If you want to learn SHTL, you must change one on the block buttons on your GC controller, CC controllers, nunchuck controller etc. to jump. Once you do that, it's very simple. Press the block button that you changed to jump and press b at the same time. And make sure press b 3 times.
Thanks, it's a lot better and smoother now :) I'm getting better bit by bit but I can feel it. ^_^

Jet300

Smash Ace
Thanks, it's a lot better and smoother now :) I'm getting better bit by bit but I can feel it. ^_^
Alright! Now you have to practice how to move with SHTL. You're gonna have to learn to do that, because fox moves his laser to make it quite difficult to catch him.

Top Bottom