• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Ladies and gentleman, I bring you perhaps what I find among the saddest posts I read thus far. The fact that he was the one legendary that had no relevance to the story and was more or less just filler is as important as say, a pokemon who introduced mega evolution. This means he should be in right? No. It really doesn't. Dr. Mario wasn't necessary, yes, but in his case at least he'll appeal to the melee crowd(not counting you mewtwo fans) in some form.

Unforgivable and inexcusable my ***. Its a damn character. Its like your life was just ruined because you didn't get what you wanted. Boo-hoo, kiddo. It happens. Move on. Mewtwo was never really truly teased when you really think about it. Sure Greninja's trailer can throw you off, but how are you sure that it was for the intent to make you think Mewtwo was in the game? Ridley on the other hand was(since he was shown in the first place) obviously was a stage boss. It even BLATANTLY SAID SO IN THE CAPTIONS.

You further more have no evidence that Sakurai despises Mewtwo nor Ridley and are just making dumb excuses because you didn't get your way. Also, if he really, I mean REALLY hated us, what makes you think he would have ever made this glorious game in the first place? And yes, please do play Greninja, who deserves this slot more than any trash pokemon like mewtwo ever could.
You had me agreeing with you up until you called Mewtwo trash. That's unnecessary.

I love Greninja, but seriously... that was not called for. Even if you think Mewtwo sucks, you could show us all a little respect by not spitting in our faces over the whole thing due to one ****poster tantrum-thrower.

ShookedOnes

Smash Rookie
is as important as say, a pokemon who introduced mega evolution.
Uh, Mewtwo did this too. He was the first mega-evolution ever shown by TPC, even before we were informed about the mega-evolution mechanic.

And yes, please do play Greninja, who deserves this slot more than any trash pokemon like mewtwo ever could.
Mewtwo eclipses Greninja and Lucario in popularity, that alone makes him more deserving regardless of whether or not he ever appears in Smash again. Go hate somewhere else and stop being mad people still care more about Mewtwo than your favorite characters.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Soooo there was that Wii U menu that had the 3DS link icon. They could be just making that rumor up about Mewtwo/Ridley/etc. being additional Wii U characters but it all makes sense. For hype, for the INCOMPLETE CSS, for everything.

Don't give up guys. Also, there's DLC. In the mean time, this game still looks fun :)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Let's get a petition rolling for Mewtwo. Someone make it, I know a lot of places where I can put it to get people to sign it!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Several of you need to calm down.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Ladies and gentleman, I bring you perhaps what I find among the saddest posts I read thus far. The fact that he was the one legendary that had no relevance to the story and was more or less just filler is as important as say, a pokemon who introduced mega evolution. This means he should be in right? No. It really doesn't. Dr. Mario wasn't necessary, yes, but in his case at least he'll appeal to the melee crowd(not counting you mewtwo fans) in some form.

Unforgivable and inexcusable my ***. Its a damn character. Its like your life was just ruined because you didn't get what you wanted. Boo-hoo, kiddo. It happens. Move on. Mewtwo was never really truly teased when you really think about it. Sure Greninja's trailer can throw you off, but how are you sure that it was for the intent to make you think Mewtwo was in the game? Ridley on the other hand was(since he was shown in the first place) obviously was a stage boss. It even BLATANTLY SAID SO IN THE CAPTIONS.

You further more have no evidence that Sakurai despises Mewtwo nor Ridley and are just making dumb excuses because you didn't get your way. Also, if he really, I mean REALLY hated us, what makes you think he would have ever made this glorious game in the first place? And yes, please do play Greninja, who deserves this slot more than any trash pokemon like mewtwo ever could.
way to call my favorite pokemon trash.... :/ this is the most requested veteran, you know. and mewtwo wasnt relevant in rbgys story but that didnt stop him before. he was neither confirmd or denied, which got my hopes up. i am upset mewtwo isnt in, but i pre-ordered the game, and no doubt i will love it anyway. it doesn't mean i can't mourn my favorite pokemon not being in....

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
Let's get a petition rolling for Mewtwo. Someone make it, I know a lot of places where I can put it to get people to sign it!
Or you could, you know, don't since it won't get you anywhere.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
-flaming blah blah blah-
The Mewtwo flaming destroys any credibility to an otherwise solid post.

Several of you need to calm down.
It's honestly sad that getting people to calm down requires mod intervention.

But thanks, Wily.

Or you could, you know, stop posting in this thread since it probably won't get you anywhere. People can do what they want; what is one man behind a monitor to judge them?

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Soooo there was that Wii U menu that had the 3DS link icon. They could be just making that rumor up about Mewtwo/Ridley/etc. being additional Wii U characters but it all makes sense. For hype, for the INCOMPLETE CSS, for everything.

Don't give up guys. Also, there's DLC. In the mean time, this game still looks fun :)
Actually, that kinda makes sense! If the Connectivity leak is true, that'd be a GENIUS move for Sakurai to pull. Think about it, Mewtwo AND Ridley fans would instantly go get Wii U's/3ds's if they didn't already have one, meaning the Wii U sales will go up which would mean more money for them! Plus there's Dixie and Chorus Men, who have a decent amount of fans behind them as well, ergo more cash for the big N. I'm starting to think that this is legit, because I REALLY wouldn't put it past them to pull this trick for more $$$.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'm probably one of the biggest fans of Mewtwo (and one of the regulars in this thread) but I'm surprised I'm one of the least angered.

It'll be okay guys. There's are plenty of chances for him. If not, well, let's just enjoy the game. Can't change what Sakurai already decided on. I'm down for a petition though.

Let's just not ruin this experience by letting it turn ugly.

Actually, that kinda makes sense! If the Connectivity leak is true, that'd be a GENIUS move for Sakurai to pull. Think about it, Mewtwo AND Ridley fans would instantly go get Wii U's/3ds's if they didn't already have one, meaning the Wii U sales will go up which would mean more money for them! Plus there's Dixie and Chorus Men, who have a decent amount of fans behind them as well, ergo more cash for the big N. I'm starting to think that this is legit, because I REALLY wouldn't put it past them to pull this trick for more $$$.
Exactly. Thank you. Let's look forward to that.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

It's honestly sad that getting people to calm down requires mod intervention.

But thanks, Wily.

Or you could, you know, stop posting in this thread since it probably won't get you anywhere. People can do what they want; what is one man behind a monitor to judge them?
not really angry, just bummed. i am skeptical about things that could add characters post game.... ill just play it and love it. doesn't it strike it as odd that jigglypuff is the only secret pokemon? i mean... this is the first time this has happened since... the first game. im honestly shocked, surprised, and saddened that there werent more secret characters. its odd that the last character is a veteran. this all feels... like something is hiding.

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
I will stay optimistic until I hear from Sakurai: "Mewtwo will not be in this game"
And it would at leas be nice for him to be real with the fans and explain why such a highly demanded character couldnt make it in... please just a legit interview with a proper explanation

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/09/11/wii-u-and-nintendo-3ds-smash-bros-to-get-additional-characters-by-linking-versions/

Last edited:

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
I see how it is. I call perhaps the most popular fanbase's character trash in an otherwise reasonable post and it automatically counts as flaming. If that isn't the most strict and certainly unreasonable punishment I've seen on a forumbase than I don't know what is. I will retract the statement, but I still think you guys should chill out. At least from what I've read I'm not telling Sakurai to piss off or sending him death threats on twitter.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was hoping for Mewtwo as well, but it seems his return wasn't meant to be now. Oh well, guess my Melee main stayed in Melee.

Anyway, do try to keep things calm. There's no need to insult and overreact over a character's presence or absence, after all.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
There's some evidence that lines up with the final 4. First no matter how you look at it, I believe the Gematsu leak was correct. It just had outdated info. Sakurai stating that chrom was originally going to be in supports that. And he said the chorus men are in which is evidence to it being legit. Then when you go to the ESRB. Leak there was a question mark over mewtwos tile which makes sense due to him questionably being in the 3ds version of the game, just not right away. The Ridley part comes in that shadow analysis where his shadow was only a bit bigger that bowsers shadow and of course all the teasing from Sakurai

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I hate when haters come into a support thread and rub salt on wounds that's already badly damaged. Take your rude uncalled for opinions to the characters you hate support thread somewhere else.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I see how it is. I call perhaps the most popular fanbase's character trash in an otherwise reasonable post and it automatically counts as flaming. If that isn't the most strict and certainly unreasonable punishment I've seen on a forumbase than I don't know what is. I will retract the statement, but I still think you guys should chill out.
Don't look at me. All I do is mention the one thing that destroys a post's credibility. I'm not being irrational or exaggerated in any way. Worry about those who were truly offended by your words instead of someone who wasn't.

And tempting the rules is kiiiiiiind of a bad idea. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

And here I thought the GC adapter was a thing. I also thought that throw lag was reduced and that players were given "regrab immunity" in the game.

Wait you mean those things ARE real and that the popular opinion got things going and got decisions like this done? WOW! But I thought you were implying popular vote doesn't matter? I am so confused, who should I believe, actual real events that happened in the past or your almighty, all-knowing opinion based on nothing?

Learn your facts little boy, you still need to do a lot of growing up :3. I won't be trolled by a little kid.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
And here I thought the GC adapter was a thing. I also thought that throw lag was reduced and that players were given "regrab immunity in the game".

Wait you mean those things ARE real and that the popular opinion got things going and got decisions like this done? WOW!

Learn your facts little boy, you still need to do a lot of growing up :3. I won't be trolled by a little kid.
uh

wow

The Gerbil

Smash Cadet
Fellow Mewtwo fans.

While I am distraught like the most of you here, we cannot give up just yet. It may sound like strawgrasping, but unless Mewtwo (and Ridley, Dixie, and Chorus Kids) is shown as a trophy, there is a realistic chance he can become DLC for when the Wii U version releases. And by realistic I do not mean 1%.

Once Mr. Sakurai says he has no plans for DLC, or if Mewtwo is spotted as a low-poly trophy, then Mewtwo is officially deconfirmed. Until then it's fair game.

Do me a favor, don't let the denouncers bring you down by calling us in denial or that we're strawgraping. Also do not feed the occasional troll that ventures in this thread in hopes of getting it locked.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
A pokemon unlocked by linking versions...
Ridley is too big for 1 version...

...makes sense.

Ok roster rage delayed until post livestreams

Edit - not too hopeful though

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
This is just a rumor. Don't believe it until you either get video evidence or confirmation from Nintendo.

This rumor is based on a "source" who "gained credibility" by giving information to a user that was already publicly known by everyone, only the user didn't know it was publicly known and when the information got confirmed the user thought the "source" was real.

I personally don't trust it. It's the same as trusting any of the "copy cat" 4chan leakers.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
This rumor is based on a "source" who "gained credibility" by giving information to a user that was already publicly known by everyone, only the user didn't know it was publicly known and when the information got confirmed the user thought the "source" was real. I personally don't trust it.
Perhaps the leak itself might end up not being trustworthy, but as I said, the idea would be the exact kind of thing the Big N would take advantage of for reasons I already posted before. Plus, Mewtwo and Ridley are most wanted characters, Dixie Kong would be a good 3rd rep for DK, and Chorus Men would represent an interesting handheld game.

Last edited:

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
And here I thought the GC adapter was a thing. I also thought that throw lag was reduced and that players were given "regrab immunity" in the game.

Wait you mean those things ARE real and that the popular opinion got things going and got decisions like this done? WOW! But I thought you were implying popular vote doesn't matter? I am so confused, who should I believe, actual real events that happened in the past or your almighty, all-knowing opinion based on nothing?

I feel like everything you just said was the exact opposite of what you were intending. I'm not really sure what you're using the troll term for, but that is definitely not what I was here to do. I'm here to express my opinions, but apparently you think otherwise. On a separate note, I don't think of myself as "almighty" as you claim I do. I could almost ask you the same end question, honestly, hence the trolling part.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Perhaps the leak itself might end up not being trustworthy, but as I said, the idea would be the exact kind of thing the Big N would take advantage of for reasons I already posted before. Plus, Mewtwo and Ridley are most wanted characters, Dixie Kong would be a good 3rd rep for DK, and Chorus Men would represent an interesting handheld game.

Getting characters through linking versions is a possibility, Nintendo has done it before with games, but I wouldn't count on it. And even if they did do it, that might not be the characters they might go with either.

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
man i went to sleep hoping to wake up to great news..... Im still gonna get the game but I am a bit irritated. I just dont understand why Mewtwo was not included in the game. I would at least like to hear Sakurai say why he was not included. And everytime i see dark pit i get pissed off. Why not give the fans what they want? it just makes no sense.. oh well, still excited to play the game and cant wait for it . just have to hope for possible DLC i guess

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I feel like everything you just said was the exact opposite of what you were intending. I'm not really sure what you're using the troll term for, but that is definitely not what I was here to do. I'm here to express my opinions, but apparently you think otherwise. On a separate note, I don't think of myself as "almighty" as you claim I do. I could almost ask you the same end question, honestly, hence the trolling part.

"Or you could, you know, don't since it won't get you anywhere." - This is a statement. There's no opinion or "probability", you claimed that you are 100% sure it won't get me anywhere. Hence "almighty".

Your opinion (because that is what it is, it isn't fact) is based on nothing but your desire to make others mad and fight as can be seen in all your previous post (hence why I said "trolling"). You come into a thread advocating for a specific character and call that character thrash and say he doesn't deserve to be in the game. You are entitled to your own opinion, everyone is, but no one asked you to come into this thread to insult the very character this thread is based on. In fact that is a ban-able offense on the forums. You are literally trying to entice fighting, you must be a sad person.

I didn't actually say anything at all to call myself "almighty". I actually just gave you 2 REAL examples of things that got changed in the past year JUST because of popular opinion. Something you claimed "doesn't matter and won't help". Thus proving you wrong.

Thanks for your participation on the conversation. You won't be able to hold it up.

(Edit: Also I don't think you know what hence actually means).

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
This rumor is based on a "source" who "gained credibility" by giving information to a user that was already publicly known by everyone, only the user didn't know it was publicly known and when the information got confirmed the user thought the "source" was real.

I personally don't trust it. It's the same as trusting any of the "copy cat" 4chan leakers.
Neither do I, I want Mewtwo in as much as everyone else here but I can't stress enough that we shouldn't be putting an ounce of faith in text leaks. We already did that, and look where we ended up.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*sigh*

Until we get more info on DLC or whatever, I shall be taking my leave from this thread. It's been a fun ride with all the supporters, and even with the devastating blow we've been given, I think it's been my best time on SmashBoards so far. At worst you'll see me lurking at times, but right now I'd like to move on and continue discussion in the other sub-forums and not stay hooked on the absence of a single character.

Godspeed, friends.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
These final four remind me of the final four in playstation allstars (crash, cloud, wander and snake) hopefully this one turns out to be true though

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
"ESRB" leak confirmed. Disappointment.

Came in to find solace amongst the other disenfranchised supporters. Found idiots trying to pick fights. Rage.

I will go on record as saying that, while I am still getting the 3DS version when it comes out on the third, I am not, barring extraordinary circumstances, going to buy the Wii U version. Sakurai, Nintendo, have lost any trust I may have had in them with this blunder. Let's look forward to vindication, shall we?

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I still dont believe Mewtwos out. He just has way too much going for him. The only real possibility to not include him would be that Ninty is too lazy. Which i dont think is the reason.

They will release him alongside the Wii U version to help the Wii U and new Smash sell the max amount.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
"Or you could, you know, don't since it won't get you anywhere." - This is a statement. There's no opinion or "probability", you claimed that you are 100% sure it won't get me anywhere. Hence "almighty".

Your opinion (because that is what it is, it isn't fact) is based on nothing but your desire to make others mad and fight as can be seen in all your previous post (hence why I said "trolling"). You come into a thread advocating for a specific character and call that character thrash and say he doesn't deserve to be in the game. You are entitled to your own opinion but no one asked you to come into this thread to insult the very character this thread is based on. In fact that is a ban-able offense on the forums. You are literally trying to entice fighting, you must be a sad person.

I didn't actually say anything at all to call myself "almighty". I actually just gave you 2 REAL examples of things that got changed in the past year JUST because of popular opinion. Something you claimed "doesn't matter and won't help". Thus proving you wrong.

Thanks for your participation on the conversation. You won't be able to hold it up.
Well, I can being that you're accusing me of being a troll and calling me out like I said it was fact(when I told you it was opinion). It is an opinion, but that shouldn't stop you from doing it. I'm not saying I'm right nor wrong, its all on fate. I just don't think it would work as(unless by Sakurai and/or his staff otherwise) it likely won't be seen nor picked up. Sorry, but that is how it is.

If I was really trying to entice fighting, I would have made it all the more obvious, but again, this is not my intention. Also, I'm a pretty happy person, thank you very much. You're truthfully embarrassing yourself by trying to make me look like a terrible person. Now then, unless this persists any longer, I'd like to end this argument and perhaps set a truce.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Mewtwo. the most popular character in Melee very high demanded veteran in SSBU/3DS... Brings back Dr. Mario
Sakurai Logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom