• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I think that Magnes had the right idea, but trying to get 8 characters back is going to get us nowhere, they need to be narrowed down if we want ANY results.

Snake has licensing issues.

Almost every Pokemon fan would be content with Mewtwo, so I think dropping Squirtle and Ivysaur for the bigger picture is fine.

IC were dropped due to limitations (I main them in Brawl so it's hard of me to let them go :(), asking for them back isn't a good idea. They were definitely worked on so I am 100% sure if there is DLC and their limitations are fixed, they'll be DLC anyways.

We already have 4 FE characters and a Marth clone. Also Marth already had Roy colors and Lucina has a mechanic which resembles Roy's playstyle (althought not exactly). I don't think Roy has much chance counting all of this.

As such I think we should limit the petitions to ONLY Mewtwo, Wolf and Lucas. That's realistically what we can get. If we ask for more we are just hindering our own efforts.

@ MagnesD3 MagnesD3 I think you should organize a petition where we can get signatures on with only these 3 characters honestly.
I'm working on one for each and I'll make one for those 3 together as well. I gotta eat something first tho :3

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Smash Bros 3DS is going to sell super well. 90% or even 95% of the people that wanted to buy Smash Bros are going to buy it anyways regardless if Mewtwo, Ridley, K Rool, etc didn't make the cut.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Insane people can argue reasons against Ridley and K. Rool. Sakurai's a horrible moveset designer and can't make Ridley work, or the misconception of K. Rool's irrelevance to his franchise.

Mewtwo had absolutely nothing going against him. He showed up in gen 6 with new crap to make him relevant and everything. A character from Melee cut for Brawl even DID make it into this game in the form of Dr. Mario.

This is unforgivable and inexcusable. If you must buy the game, buy used, and wait for Wii U. While the Greninja trailer where Mewtwo was blatantly teased and Ridley’s shadow are some of the biggest insults I can ever imagine when they weren’t teases, Dr. Mario is the final straw.

Sakurai absolutely despises Mewtwo and Ridley to have mocked them so blatantly. More likely than not, he hates us for liking them. Please play Greninja, Sakurai’s literal Pokemon OC he helped design.
This sir...is gold. Sadly.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Well F.

If I hadn't already pre-orderd the 3DS version I wouldn't be getting it, just wait for the vastly superior version.

Someone please make a new project M, and release in PAL this time.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I'm working on one for each and I'll make one for those 3 together as well. I gotta eat something first tho :3

The problem with the one for each is that if we try to bring 8 petitions to Nintendo it will look like we don't know what we want and that it's impossible to "please us". In order to convince Nintendo there needs to be a realistic goal. Something that isn't asking for so much. It doesn't have to be the 3 characters I mentioned exactly, but I think asking for more than 3 characters is overkill.

I already gave my reasons why I think those 3 are the best candidates. I myself hate Lucas, yet I know out of the 8 veterans, he's the 3rd most likely to make it back. (After Mewtwo and Wolf).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm probably going to hold off until the 3DS version until we find out about how the two versions connect or we find out whether or not there will be DLC; Mewtwo was easily one of my most hoped-for veterans, and him not being included is bizarre given how much exposure he got in generation 6. I'll keep an eye on the Treehouse stream tomorrow to see if we get new information about the Wii U version or how the two connect, but as it stands, I am incredibly disappointed with this roster.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The problem with the one for each is that if we try to bring 8 petitions to Nintendo it will look like we don't know what we want and that it's impossible to "please us". In order to convince Nintendo there needs to be a realistic goal. Something that isn't asking for so much. It doesn't have to be the 3 characters I mentioned exactly, but I think asking for more than 3 characters is overkill.

I already gave my reasons why I think those 3 are the best candidates. I myself hate Lucas, yet I know out of the 8 veterans, he's the 3rd most likely to make it back. (After Mewtwo and Wolf).
Shouldn't the three candidates be King K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo...???

Booster

Smash Lord
And I will help to support each one. My followers on twitter will do anything for a shoutout so I can get them to sign!

MagnesD3

Smash Master

I also agree but I'm going to make multiple because those other veterans deserve to be fought for as well. I will work out how many should be on the multicharacter petitions soon.

Booster

Smash Lord
I also agree but I'm going to make multiple because those other veterans deserve to be fought for as well. I will work out how many should be on the multicharacter petitions soon.
I can't support the petition myself because I don't want to give away that personal information, just send me a Private Message/Conversation once they're made and I'll help out.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Looks like I won't be watching the Nintendo stream tomorrow anyways. What will we see there that we haven't in the leaker streams already?

Anyways, roster gets a 7/10.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ridley and K. Rool are newcomers. And Ridley already has some role in the game as we have seen. That doesn't mean it's impossible to get Ridley or K. Rool as DLC, what I did was ask for the "three most probable characters" in my pack. Because I want my pack to be a reality not just a dream. And in order to make that pack a reality it needs to be "realistic" in terms of goals. If we can't get a pack with the easiest to implement (since they can be ported) and most probable characters to be in DLC, then we won't get anything anyways.

If we ask for Ridley or something like that, they might just decide it's not possible and won't do it at all. (Just because Ridley is there)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Hell no.

No way in hell am I hitching my wagon to either of those two. K.Rool has zero chance, and Ridley is already a boss again.

Mewtwo was already a playable character. There's a pretty huge difference.

I agree with @ Chiroz Chiroz . If you're going to push for other characters, Lucas, Wolf, and Mewtwo make the most sense.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I think that Magnes had the right idea, but trying to get 8 characters back is going to get us nowhere, they need to be narrowed down if we want ANY results.

Snake has licensing issues.

Almost every Pokemon fan would be content with Mewtwo, so I think dropping Squirtle and Ivysaur for the bigger picture is fine.

IC were dropped due to limitations (I main them in Brawl so it's hard of me to let them go :(), asking for them back isn't a good idea. They were definitely worked on so I am 100% sure if there is DLC and their limitations are fixed, they'll be DLC anyways.

We already have 4 FE characters and a Marth clone. Also Marth already had Roy colors and Lucina has a mechanic which resembles Roy's playstyle (althought not exactly). I don't think Roy has much chance counting all of this.

As such I think we should limit the petitions to ONLY Mewtwo, Wolf and Lucas. That's realistically what we can get. If we ask for more we are just hindering our own efforts. Asking for 3 characters is asking for a realistic "DLC pack". Also narrowing it down to which 3 exactly we want makes it look organized and that we have a clear idea of what is desired. Asking for 8 is way too much, and gives the idea that the community is divided on what they want and that nothing will please us. As such I say we organize ourselves and petition for a "3 character DLC pack" containing these 3 characters.

@ MagnesD3 MagnesD3 I think you should organize a petition where we can get signatures on with only these 3 characters honestly.
*cough* Snake *cough*

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'm not upset with the characters that made it in, it's the one that didn't make it in that DESERVED his spot most. Mewtwo better be DLC, there's no reason to leave him out and kick fans in the face like Sakurai is...I know people didn't like my Project M mention, but I'm saying ONLY if Mewtwo doesn't make DLC. After what Sakurai said, the whole "We are thinking about it," on Mewtwo...that's really low and unprofessional...unless he did mean DLC. There's also the Wii U connectivity rumor going around that might unlock Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Chorus Men...but that's just a rumor, and last time I believed a rumor, I was disappointed. I've already gotten a giant gash from all the things I argued FOR Mewtwo, Sakurai better not dump salt into the wound by NOT adding him in for DLC...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hell no.

No way in hell am I hitching my wagon to either of those two. K.Rool has zero chance, and Ridley is already a boss again.

Mewtwo was already a playable character. There's a pretty huge difference.

I agree with @ Chiroz Chiroz . If you're going to push for other characters, Lucas, Wolf, and Mewtwo make the most sense.
:facepalm:
You're making me feel silly for asking. My apologies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wait... So Mewtwo doesn't even appear as a PokeBall Pokemon?

I'd be incredibly surprised to see Mewtwo not get some sort of representation in the game.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
*cough* Snake *cough*
If Nintendo has no plans for Snake until now, I don't think a petition will make them renegotiate with 2-3 other companies plus make a completely new contract with Konami. It's not impossible, but it's very improbable.

Again, you guys need to stop advocating for a dream. We either pitch something possible or don't bother pitching anything at all. It's how business works.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I honestly not that surprised. Mewtwo had a lot going for him but we know Sakruai doesn't always go with the logical choices but that is okay. This game will still be my game of the year and I will play it for hundreds of hours. I just want to say that I did enjoy speculating with you guys.

Anyway now that Mewtwo is out, who will you guys be maining? For me it will either be Dark Pit or Pit. Im a big Kid Icarus fan and probably one of the only people who are okay about Dark Pit getting in. Also if anyone wants to add me to their 3DS friends list my friend code is in my information box thingy <---.

I guess the only thing we can do is hope for DLC.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
If Nintendo has no plans for Snake until now, I don't think a petition will make them renegotiate with 2-3 other companies plus make a completely new contract with Konami. It's not impossible, but it's very improbable.

Again, you guys need to stop advocating for a dream. We either pitch something possible or don't bother pitching anything at all. It's how business works.
Snake is possible. Do you have any idea how big of a franchise MGS is?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I honestly not that surprised. Mewtwo had a lot going for him but we know Sakruai doesn't always go with the logical choices but that is okay. This game will still be my game of the year and I will play it for hundreds of hours. I just want to say that I did enjoy speculating with you guys.

Anyway now that Mewtwo is out, who will you guys be maining? For me it will either be Dark Pit or Pit. Im a big Kid Icarus fan and probably one of the only people who are okay about Dark Pit getting in. Also if anyone wants to add me to their 3DS friends list my friend code is in my information box thingy <---.

I "too"(ha), will be maining Pitouey. :3 I absolutely adore Dark Pit's inclusion, as he was my favorite character in the game. <3

The problem is that he's a 3rd party character, unlike the others.

Last edited:

Kinglypuff

Smash Cadet
To every Mewtwo supporter - don't give up !
I believe he is a prime - if not the primary !- contender for a DLC. There's also the rumor that he, the Chorus Kids, Ridley and Dixie are actually in the game and are going to be unlocked with the Wii U version. I'd take that with a grain of salt, but I am SURE that you WILL have Mewtwo at one point or another.

I believe in your chances !

Gustoic

Smash Rookie
Wait... So Mewtwo doesn't even appear as a PokeBall Pokemon?

I'd be incredibly surprised to see Mewtwo not get some sort of representation in the game.
He'd make a great wii-u exclusive stage boss using psychic powers to move the stage and control some hazards.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
This guy on NeoGaf is very adamant: http://t.co/gYumgFobpd

For his sake, I hope he's right. It'd also complete the Roster, forcing Shulk back up a row with the other 4 on the right-side of the Random icon

EDIT: I'd guess a Stage gets unlocked too.

EDIT 2: Have all the Ridley fans taken refuge here?

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Definitely smaller than Pokemon, Mario or Zelda.

I do know how big MGS is, I know what the franchise is, I also know how a business works and what they need to do.

You need to understand what negotiating a contract is. They would need to renegotiate several contracts and negotiate a completely new one with Konami in order to pay the correct tributes to each company (For third parties). Why would you go through all that trouble negotiating all of that and having to give Konami a part of your earnings when you could just as easily make several first party characters with that time and effort and not have to pay anyone for it or renegotiate other company tributes?

This isn't a "Is he possible" thing. It's more of a "What would actually convince Nintendo?". If Nintendo doesn't have plans for Snake its because of licensing issues and a petition won't make those issues disappear. Snake might still be possible, but if he is Nintendo already has plans to include him. It's not going to be because of a petition.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Anyway now that Mewtwo is out, who will you guys be maining? For me it will either be Dark Pit or Pit. Im a big Kid Icarus fan and probably one of the only people who are okay about Dark Pit getting in. Also if anyone wants to add me to their 3DS friends list my friend code is in my information box thingy <---
Donkey Kong, like last time. DK was my first video game hero.

Other characters I like are: Lucina, Ike, Robin, Charizard, Greninja, Little Mac, Rosalina, ROB, Duck Hunt, Palutena, Link, Kirby... it's not like I don't have characters to use that I don't like, because I have a ton of characters to use that I love. DK is definitely my top pick, though. Mewtwo was my most wanted, though, so I defer to DK.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The only way Nintendo should get Snake back is if they force Konami to put MGSV on Wii U. I'm sorry, but if I was Nintendo I wouldn't give that spot to Snake just because. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

FUN FACT: No Trophy mentions of Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong or Chorus Men.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915

I'm late, but yeah. The lack of Mewtwo sucks, but I was prepared for worst case scenario this time. In my case, I'll probably run Marth like in Brawl, but I wanna use some other characters, too. :p

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
Warning Received
Insane people can argue reasons against Ridley and K. Rool. Sakurai's a horrible moveset designer and can't make Ridley work, or the misconception of K. Rool's irrelevance to his franchise.

Mewtwo had absolutely nothing going against him. He showed up in gen 6 with new crap to make him relevant and everything. A character from Melee cut for Brawl even DID make it into this game in the form of Dr. Mario.

This is unforgivable and inexcusable. If you must buy the game, buy used, and wait for Wii U. While the Greninja trailer where Mewtwo was blatantly teased and Ridley’s shadow are some of the biggest insults I can ever imagine when they weren’t teases, Dr. Mario is the final straw.

Sakurai absolutely despises Mewtwo and Ridley to have mocked them so blatantly. More likely than not, he hates us for liking them. Please play Greninja, Sakurai’s literal Pokemon OC he helped design.
Ladies and gentleman, I bring you perhaps what I find among the saddest posts I read thus far. The fact that he was the one legendary that had no relevance to the story and was more or less just filler is as important as say, a pokemon who introduced mega evolution. This means he should be in right? No. It really doesn't. Dr. Mario wasn't necessary, yes, but in his case at least he'll appeal to the melee crowd(not counting you mewtwo fans) in some form.

Unforgivable and inexcusable my ass. Its a damn character. Its like your life was just ruined because you didn't get what you wanted. Boo-hoo, kiddo. It happens. Move on. Mewtwo was never really truly teased when you really think about it. Sure Greninja's trailer can throw you off, but how are you sure that it was for the intent to make you think Mewtwo was in the game? Ridley on the other hand was(since he was shown in the first place) obviously was a stage boss. It even BLATANTLY SAID SO IN THE CAPTIONS.

You further more have no evidence that Sakurai despises Mewtwo nor Ridley and are just making dumb excuses because you didn't get your way. Also, if he really, I mean REALLY hated us, what makes you think he would have ever made this glorious game in the first place? And yes, please do play Greninja, who deserves this slot more than any trash pokemon like mewtwo ever could.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Here's how I'd do the Final Two Rows IF the linking info is what ends up happening:

Ness - Falcon - VIllager - Olimar - WFT - Dr. Mario - Dark Pit - Lucina - Shulk
Pac-Man - Mega Man - Sonic - Mii Fighter - RANDOM - Mewtwo - Ridley - Dixie - Chorus Men

(I hope someone can make a visual representation of this, because I don't know how)

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Ladies and gentleman, I bring you perhaps what I find among the saddest posts I read thus far. The fact that he was the one legendary that had no relevance to the story and was more or less just filler is as important as say, a pokemon who introduced mega evolution. This means he should be in right? No. It really doesn't. Dr. Mario wasn't necessary, yes, but in his case at least he'll appeal to the melee crowd(not counting you mewtwo fans) in some form.

Unforgivable and inexcusable my ***. Its a damn character. Its like your life was just ruined because you didn't get what you wanted. Boo-hoo, kiddo. It happens. Move on. Mewtwo was never really truly teased when you really think about it. Sure Greninja's trailer can throw you off, but how are you sure that it was for the intent to make you think Mewtwo was in the game? Ridley on the other hand was(since he was shown in the first place) obviously was a stage boss. It even BLATANTLY SAID SO IN THE CAPTIONS.

You further more have no evidence that Sakurai despises Mewtwo nor Ridley and are just making dumb excuses because you didn't get your way. Also, if he really, I mean REALLY hated us, what makes you think he would have ever made this glorious game in the first place? And yes, please do play Greninja, who deserves this slot more than any trash pokemon like mewtwo ever could.
Reported for flaming. :) Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom