• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
In my opinion if there is character DLC Mewtwo will be one of the main characters Nintendo uses to market it. Im happy with the roster but if Mewtwo does get added down the line then that will just make it even better.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
After Sakurai blurted out that he was "thinking about" adding Mewtwo in, this legit feels like a slap in the face. Here's to hoping the rumors of WiiU/3DS connectivity is real, since it's Mewtwo's final chance barring DLC.

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
I still dont believe Mewtwos out. He just has way too much going for him. The only real possibility to not include him would be that Ninty is too lazy. Which i dont think is the reason.

They will release him alongside the Wii U version to help the Wii U and new Smash sell the max amount.
I hope so. but Sakurai did say that they will both have the same characters. Its just not fun being in this position....again. If he is skipped again i will lose a lot of respect for nintendo. They aren't oblivious to fan hype and requests for mewtwo to be back. But instead they bring back Dr. Mario??? wth no one asked for him..... He's a clone. sorry yall im just venting. it just sucks really sucks.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if the lock was still on the screen in allstars mode after the last character was unlocked ( ROB )

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Mewtwo. the most popular character in Melee very high demanded veteran in SSBU/3DS... Brings back Dr. Mario
Sakurai Logic.
(reposted)

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Mewtwo. the most popular character in Melee very high demanded veteran in SSBU/3DS... Brings back Dr. Mario
Sakurai Logic.
I don't think it is simple as that. Mewtwo is an entirely new character who would take a very long time to put into the game. Dr Mario could be added easily towards the end of development. You shouldn't see clones as characters that take up roster spots. They are characters that add to the final roster without too much work.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Sakurai Logic.
uuuuh Dr. Mario seems like he (and dark pit) was supposed to be a costume like Lucina.

but obviously that didn't pan out.

So hes obvious why he'd be back as Mewtwo is an original character and harder to implement than say.... a clone.

I don't think Sakurai made a questionable choice.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Sakurai Logic.
Well to be honest Dr. Mario probably takes like 1/5 of the effort Mewtwo requires at most. Probably even less. Still I feel like cutting all 3 clones and delaying the game 2 or 3 weeks would have been well worth Mewtwo's inclusion.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I can understand why they may not have added some fan favorite like Ridley, as he is a new character they'd have to come up with interesting moves that could work for him. Mewtwo on the other hand is a fan favorite that HAS ALREADY BEEN IN A GAME, therefore they could have AT LEAST used his Melee moveset, with a few tweaks. There's no reason for Mewtwo to be gone, so the connectivity or DLC would make most sense. Connectivity means more people buy both version and both systems = more cash, or with DLC, he is a character that many would get a DLC pack for JUST for him. I wouldn't say he's cut, it doesn't make sense to leave him out, especially if Sakurai showed that Melee has characters that can skip Brawl. Ice Climbers could also return in DLC, as they can have more time to fix the bugs they originally were having with them. Look at Mario Kart 8, it had really no reason to get DLC, but they went with it anyways and added back a fan favorite Dry Bowser, Mewtwo could easily get that sort of treatment for both smash games. Plus, as others have mentioned, there hasn't been any Pokeball with him in it, or any sort of trophy to completely destroy his chances.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Do you guys know if Neo Zero had anything to say after all this? He also claimed that he had a source that said there were more characters, was he lied to like Zipzo was?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Here is the Mewtwo petition I linked in my thread. More to come.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-a...c-to-super-smash-brothers-wii-u-and-3ds#share

Guys sign this petition. Let's see if we can actually get a good number of signatures.

Do you guys know if Neo Zero had anything to say after all this? He also claimed that he had a source that said there were more characters, was he lied to like Zipzo was?

Yes, he was lied to.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Yeah there is a good chance that happened. I honestly feel kinda bad for Zipzo. He was a Mewtwo fan like the rest of us and got super hyped when he thought we would get Mewtwo back. He made a mistake. If you look through these pages you will see countless times where people have claimed Mewtwo is 100% back at the slightest detail because they were too hyped. Its a shame he got wrong information though.

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
I don't think it is simple as that. Mewtwo is an entirely new character who would take a very long time to put into the game. Dr Mario could be added easily towards the end of development. You shouldn't see clones as characters that take up roster spots. They are characters that add to the final roster without too much work.
The ground work for mewtwo is already there. He was in melee, some of his character data was in brawl. Its not like they had to completely start from scratch. I cant imagine it would take that much longer to the point they could not include him at all.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Guys sign this petition. Let's see if we can actually get a good number of signatures.

Yes, he was lied to.
I'm assuming your second quote was supposed to be a response to my post right? (I think you quoted the wrong post :p)

That sucks, would've given the theory that there were more characters to be obtained by linking the 2 versions some leverage if he had a source that claimed there were more characters

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
The ground work for mewtwo is already there. He was in melee, some of his character data was in brawl. Its not like they had to completely start from scratch. I cant imagine it would take that much longer to the point they could not include him at all.
Every character was totally remade in Smash 4. It seems as if no assets were used from past games. If Mewtwo were in, everything would need to be done from scratch and that takes a lot longer than a basic copy and paste, which is what the clones are.

Clones dont take away roster spots from other characters. They add to the roster to increase its numbers.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Well. This is heartbreaking, but then again, I did expect to see him still not confirmed when I came back. I've had about 4 hours sleep, pretty much pulling an all-nighter over this. It's been killing me.

Yes, I'm upset. But no, I haven't given up. There are things that justify that Mewtwo wouldn't be revealed yet. Like this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2g5lol/reasons_why_the_hype_train_has_not_ended_and_why/

I don't believe this is the end. Mewtwo has far too much going for him not to come back. I'm taking it as a good sign that we still haven't heard or seen anything. I seriously doubt Sakurai would leave him out this time around when he's been planned for every game so far. Don't forget guys, Sakurai was the one that took the LIBERTY to respond with 'we're thinking about it!'

So, something prompted him to stand up and answer. Don't forget that.

I've tried my best to remain optimistic for so long, and it's hard to now, but I'm not going to throw in the towel and say this is it just yet for Mewtwo. Because thinking that way is stupid. Mewtwo is the poster boy for the 6th gen. He's got 2 Mega Evolutions. He made a comeback years later with a new movie and new special (even if the Mewtwo in that was a female). He's still extremely relevant to the franchise and Sakurai would damn well know this. If he wasn't, why would he STILL be so popular now even though it's been 1998 since he first came about?

If Mewtwo does appear as a trophy, alongside Dixie, Chorus Men and whomever else was rumoured as the final 4, then we know we're done for. Until then, don't give up. We've come so far, no use backing down just yet because of the utter disappointment we've had of not seeing Mewtwo at all. It will only be over when Sakurai makes it clear he's not in the game, and this hasn't happened yet.

As for the trolls in the thread, y'all can get stuffed.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I'm assuming your second quote was supposed to be a response to my post right? (I think you quoted the wrong post :p)

That sucks, would've given the theory that there were more characters to be obtained by linking the 2 versions some leverage if he had a source that claimed there were more characters
Oh yea, I quoted the wrong post, let me fix that.

To explain what happened. Apparently Neo's source 100% confirmed beyond a doubt he was an NoA employee. Neo says he's sure of that.

Then to prove he was part of the team on the game he showed Neo pictures f the demo build Japan got days before it was released. "Proving he was part of the team handling the game".

He then told Neo A LOT of stuff, all of which turned to be 100% false. (He said Lucina was unlocked by playing Arena Ferox 20 times and described both DHD and Dark Pit. Everything was incorrect).

My belief is the guy is an actual NoA employee that knew nothing about Smash 4 but was able to get the pictures because they are just lying around on the office (since the demo didn't have any new information anyways).

He then made everything else up just to screw with Neo or whatever.

That or it was someone who got pictures of the demo before it was released and used them to convince Neo he was an NoA employee somehow. (And not just a guy with some unreleased pictures)

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, RATS!!!! I was really hoping Mewtwo would be in with that female American voice actress behind him. Oh well, may as well face the possibility that he may never come again.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
You know what I'm not going to count any character out until the Wii U version comes out. Something is just not sitting right.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's hard for me to rule out the possibility of DLC or characters being added by linking the two versions together at this point, especially when the select screens seem so odd on the 3DS version (seeing as there's clearly room for four more characters and one more stage). I suppose we'll find out about the latter in a few months when the Wii U version comes out, but I'll try to keep my hopes up.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
If Sakurai announces Mewtwo crosslinking during the Japanese live-stream it would surely be his second greatest troll (behind only Ridley's crosslinking)

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
If Sakurai announces Mewtwo crosslinking during the Japanese live-stream it would surely be his second greatest troll (behind only Ridley's crosslinking)
I would applaud him for it actually.

Because, it'd mean us consumers never "won" against his trolling, which would definitely leave me surprised/hyped.

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
Every character was totally remade in Smash 4. It seems as if no assets were used from past games. If Mewtwo were in, everything would need to be done from scratch and that takes a lot longer than a basic copy and paste, which is what the clones are.

Clones dont take away roster spots from other characters. They add to the roster to increase its numbers.
His moveset was already conceptualized. Pretty much every characters move set has been the same since melee with some changes here and there. So even if they could not use any data from the pervious games and had to re make every character from scratch, then including mewtwo would not have taken any longer than any other character. It just seems he was not a priority even though he was one of the most highly requested characters.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Why would Zipzo lie like this? Creating false hope, just like that. He was so credible for legit information about Smash 3DS during last weekend. And gained a good reputation, why would he throw that reputation away by creating a lie like this? This makes him no better than MotherF****ing Leaker, and all the other fraud "leakers" out there.

Zipzo KNEW we would believe him, he KNOWS :mewtwopm: has a big demand. So just, why. I am severely disappointed in him, and after this i'm not so sure i can put my trust into anyone anymore.
Sooner or later I think most people will come around recognizing the kind of person Zipzo is.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
And I do hope that's the case. Either that or make a DLC trailer...although that'd be a bit early.
Direct ends. Then the cross appears. Dr mario screwing around in a lab (he's the only character that hasn't been in the livestream at all) then... Mewtwo recreates the beginning of Pokemon movie 01. Insert some stuff with the other 3 here. (Ridley being last and only partially shown for max troll)

9001/10 would cry every time. (Possibly literally)

micstar615

Smash Ace
Oh yea, I quoted the wrong post, let me fix that.

To explain what happened. Apparently Neo's source 100% confirmed beyond a doubt he was an NoA employee. Neo says he's sure of that.

Then to prove he was part of the team on the game he showed Neo pictures f the demo build Japan got days before it was released. "Proving he was part of the team handling the game".

He then told Neo A LOT of stuff, all of which turned to be 100% false. (He said Lucina was unlocked by playing Arena Ferox 20 times and described both DHD and Dark Pit. Everything was incorrect).

My belief is the guy is an actual NoA employee that knew nothing about Smash 4 but was able to get the pictures because they are just lying around on the office (since the demo didn't have any new information anyways).

He then made everything else up just to screw with Neo or whatever.

That or it was someone who got pictures of the demo before it was released and used them to convince Neo he was an NoA employee somehow. (And not just a guy with some unreleased pictures)
I see, thanks for the clarification, Neo still seems unsure of it all it seems :/ I'm also hearing from another user that Neo had the same source as the Gaf journalist guy :/ however, if the unlock methods are false and the source indeed suggested them, he loses much of his credibility immediately imo. Ugh I can feel myself beginning to grasp dem straws, it's frustrating :/

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I can't shake the feeling that NoA is going to going to have some new stuff with their stream tomorrow. Yeah, we literally just watched several people play through the game, but still.

I'm going to keep this avatar and signature until the WiiU version releases (or update its look); if Mewtwo is truly proven to not be accessible in this version of Smash, I'll get rid of both by then.

I'm gonna take whatever shred of hope, whatever tiny possibility there is at this point, and run with it. I pretty much gave up earlier, but I'm back on the hype train, now.

I don't think this thread should be locked anytime soon.

Whats crosslinking?
Linking the 3DS to the WiiU game for extras. Although I wouldn't like it, I'd like Mewtwo in this game a lot more.

All characters have been unlocked though. The game gives you a message when it happens.
True, but who's to say that these are only all of the characters for now?

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Duskinja said:
Unforgivable and inexcusable my ***. Its a damn character. Its like your life was just ruined because you didn't get what you wanted. Boo-hoo, kiddo. It happens. Move on.
Not going to bother to respond to the rest of this apologist post, but this is the part I wanted to quote.

I’m 23, and was 17 when Brawl came out. I spent nearly a good third of my life on these various forums discussing these characters, arguing for K. Rool and Mewtwo. All I wanted were the most highly requested characters – I’m not over here asking for nobodies like, say, Birdo, Sylux, Dark Pit, Knuckles, Diglett, or Greninja.

Yes, I’m angry as hell that nearly a third of my life was wasted in anticipation of this game. My younger self thought the final Brawl reveal was disappointing, but that roster is golden compared to this.

Worse, I can’t entirely move on yet. Trust me, I’d love to leave this crappy game behind. I want to get past having to adhere to the whims of one man, but I still have to wait for the possibility of actual characters in the Wii U release. Yes, I’m aware that it will probably be the same and equally disappointing, but the fact there’s a possibility is just letting Sakurai drag out my misery for months, much like the infamous Ridley tease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom