• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
No! My Birthday is September 10th and all i care about is that there will be early leaks from Japan...
its hard being a virgo. and im still praying mewtwo returns! XD
Edit: man, 20 posts and i just started yesterday :p most of which is on this thread. am i a hardcore mewtwo fan or what?

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I hope for a Mewtwo reveal
the Monday before release on like September 8th.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
ugh... is it sad im more looking foreward to smash 4 than my own birthday this month? (september 20th.)
Not necessarily. Your birthday is something that happens every year. Smash doesn't. It's natural to be more excited for something that doesn't happen often.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
There's a point I want to make about Mewtwo and Greninja that's not related to the silhouette: Sakurai had NO idea that Greninja would be hugely popular. Sakurai may be a genius and he has a good hunch for potential but you can't possibly say he KNEW Greninja would be well received in general, particularly after Zoroark flopped. On top of this, two iconic starters in Squirtle and Ivysaur are getting dumped due to Pokémon Trainer being scrapped. If you were Sakurai would you honestly hedge ALL your bets on an unproven commodity or would you keep a trump card in your pocked in case everything didn't pan out like you wanted?

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
There's a point I want to address about Mewtwo and Greninja that's not related to the silhouette: Sakurai had NO idea that Greninja would be hugely popular. Sakurai may be a genius and he has a good hunch for potential but you can't possibly say he KNEW Greninja would be well received in general, particularly after Zoroark flopped. On top of this, two iconic starters in Squirtle and Ivysaur are getting dumped due to Pokémon Trainer being scrapped. If you were Sakurai would you honestly hedge ALL your bets on an unproven commodity or would you keep a trump card in your pocked in case everything didn't pan out like you wanted?
potentially, mewtwo could be that trump card :p

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
If that were truly his thought process, Charizard & Lucario are pretty strong crowd pleasers to fall back on. Lucario not as much as Mewtwo, but still.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It's strange that Ash didn't even mention his previous encounter with Mewtwo. ...you would think another encounter would stir up some memories of the last time.
-.- Makes it seem like Mewtwo did erases his memories again...

THIS, is the Mewtwo we all know and love. I mean, just look at how epic he looks with his...now iconic....cape! XD
Edit:
My GOD.
Vigilante Mewtwo is best Mewtwo.

I think , for the great final, you must see the final part of Origins. The final duel between Red's Charizard and Mewtwo is EPIC!!
Or rewatch the Mirage Pokemon special, which is on youtube in its entirety like a lot of the Pokemon movies for those too lazy to see it through other means. Actually watched it again not too long ago, and I gotta say, the change in voices, even as strange as it felt for back then, is welcoming compared to the change in voices we got in the anime now. But yeah, the Mewtwo wielding a Rayquaza head along with having the data of every other mirage Pokemon was still too much swag to handle.

I think the reason movie 16 Mewtwo was made was because of Arceus. Remember, movie 1 Mewtwo was said to be the strongest Pokemon in the world but as soon as Arceus came along that became invalid.
While that may be a possibility, it's bull**** reasoning not to bring the original one back, and a lot of retcons have happened in the series before. Mewtwo being the strongest in the world line wasn't the first or last, so they could've brought him back while ignoring that part.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
If that were truly his thought process, Charizard & Lucario are pretty strong crowd pleasers to fall back on. Lucario not as much as Mewtwo, but still.
Not really considering that Mewtwo is heavily requested by fans. Regardless of how popular the four current Pokémon veterans are, Greninja getting over Mewtwo and "replacing" Squirtle and Ivysaur would have outright pissed off Pokémon and Smash fans if Greninja wasn't as well received as he is.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
There's a point I want to make about Mewtwo and Greninja that's not related to the silhouette: Sakurai had NO idea that Greninja would be hugely popular. Sakurai may be a genius and he has a good hunch for potential but you can't possibly say he KNEW Greninja would be well received in general, particularly after Zoroark flopped. On top of this, two iconic starters in Squirtle and Ivysaur are getting dumped due to Pokémon Trainer being scrapped. If you were Sakurai would you honestly hedge ALL your bets on an unproven commodity or would you keep a trump card in your pocked in case everything didn't pan out like you wanted?
This pretty much.
Although Charizard is a good pokemon to fall back on. It is second it terms of popularity. Falling just behind Mewtwo.
If anything, Charizard is the main Pokemon holding Mewtwo back imo. Not Lucario, not Greninja, and definitely not Jigglypuff.
Charizard and Mewtwo are both amazing Pokemon, and Sakurai might have chosen him out of the two. You can't deny it's a possibility, especially since Charizard is dominant in the Meta atm.
But I'm still holding out for the best.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
ERMAGHERD DOCTAH WAHWEE QUOTED MEEEEEEE
I'm not crazy! You're crazy! Especially you Woodman!
: Ayyyyyy. :shades:

Do you want to piss off shippers that much wahwee, 2 Mewtwo's omg
Couldn't resist making that joke, that said I do think the original Mewtwo making a friend/companion would be the next step in his character development.

All I know is that 16 should have followed a bit more in line with the FR/LG arc of the manga.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, Mewtwo is joining the smash, he plays alot differently than before, his moveset is identical to his Super Smash Bros Crusade moveset, but not quite.

Jigglypuff is also in.

Shulk is also a part of the roster but Duck hunt dog isn't.

Dr.Mario's status is unknown.

Also Zero from Mega Man is in, but he looks kinda weird by Classic Megaman, but you get used to it.

And The Leaker joins the smash! to see some info on him go a few pages back.

Toad also joins as a last second playable character and Peach's N-B now uses Toadsworth who counters by hitting foes with his staff.

There is a new mode called, Character Befriender, and by properly answering all of the questions (randomly generated), you can get these characters depending on the console version, which is where data copying comes in
the chances for each is in percentage, to get the others, you must do this again, but you will get no same addition twice.
the % is not on a scale from 1-100 but has no specific scaling.
a * by a character means they aren't playable, but it is something else, stage/hazard etc
R.O.B isn't normally playable, you have to get all 8 R.O.B parts and fuse them in the R.O.B section to unlock him
you have to perfectly answer at least 10 of the 30 questions and there is a match in-between each one, you have to win every match, but you can leave and continue from where you left of at anytime you please. by choosing to do this, it takes away 400,000,000 of your coins, although you can collect these coins back in about 10 minutes by doing Classic Mode on the highest difficulty one time.

Wii U
------------------
Fighting Polygons (each separate) 80%
Shadow 60%
Metal Mario 42%
Mewtwo 29%
Mr.Game&Watch 30%
Ridley 30%
Mii Fighters 3%
Yellow Alloy 80%
Red Alloy 80%
Tabuu Trophy* 30%
Ristar Trophy* 60%
Mewtwo Stadium* 50%
Charizardtwo Sticker* 80%
Meta Ridley Stage Hazard* 10%
Chorus Men Trophy* 20%
Spectator Mode* 24%
R.O.B parts 1* 100%
R.O.B parts 3* 80%
R.O.B parts 5* 60%
R.O.B parts 7* 20%
Wario 47%
Young Link 73%
Mewtwo complete custom part bundle* 10%
Midna 40%
Master Hand 0.05%
----------------------------------
3DS
-------------------
Fighting Wireframes (each separate) 80%
Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik
Tails 32%
Knuckles 20%
Amy 79%
Mii Fighters 3%
R.O.B parts 2* 90%
R.O.B parts 4* 70%
R.O.B parts 6* 50%
R.O.B parts 8* 4%
Yellow Alloy 80%
Red Alloy 80%
Mona Trophy* (Warioware Inc.) 10%
Bowser Jr. 50%
Roy Sticker* 20%
Bowser Jr. Sticker* 80%
Isabelle Trophy* 70%
Mario/Luigi Custom part complete bundle* 10%
Megaman sticker* 40%
Mr.Game&Watch 30%
Chrom Trophy* 32%
Chrom Stcker* 60%
The Leaker Trophy* 20%
Crazy Hand 0.05%
--------------------------------------
Edit: apparently each console gets an Alloy, however the Red alloy appears in both games to even out the
amount of unlockables in each one
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternate Unlock methods for both
------------------------------------------------------
Mewtwo - Play a total of 150 hours combined in all modes (the hours get reduced by 5 for every 1,000 coins you collect) or play a total of 150 matches with no items, handicaps, special rules, or extra human players.
--------------------------------------------
The Leaker
Go to the Prediction Center, and in it, you get asked questions about every single thing that you currently have in your game so far. You get an A. B. C. and D. option, and if you at least get 20 of the questions right you challenge the leaker.
http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo.324191/page-213 go here to learn more
----------------------------------------------------------
Bowser Jr.
Make the name "Dad" then play Bowser against Mario and win the match, then Bowser Jr. should appear
-----------------------------------------------
Ridley
Beat the Cpu Ridley on Pyrosphere 10 times in under 5 minutes. (the best strategy here is to quickly get in the lead so Ridley will come, quickly beat him, then quit the match. (that will still count as total times beaten in 5 minutes) Keep doing this and Ridley is yours.
-----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other Info
- The highest difficulty boss is still Master Hand, but he uses a tiny portion more of his true power, this power is literally strong enough to fully heal Crazy Hand with one tap and instantly destroy you with a single Hand Smash, so watch out! he also has a cool blue aura surrounding him when he's at this state, he also has 500hp and once you beat him he comes back one last time with 100hp.

- Crazy Hand now joins Master hand in every mode and difficulty of Classic mode regardless of how long it takes you and at the highest difficulty, he has 400hp and moves although weaker than the Master's, they are better at comboing in all modes, and he is faster in all modes. in the highest difficulty though, he can instantly give you a game over regardless of your lives if he manages to K.O you, so watch out! he also has a cool red aura surrounding him when he's at this state.

- There is a secret (glitch) technique where if you keep pressing up/down taunt in the exact same way used for the brawl Samus to ZSS without smashball glitch, you can force out Chrom's model from Robin's final smash and play him with full facial expressions and everything else! the only thing is that it still uses Robin's animations and moveset files, but at least we get a secret alternate costume!

- Wario has a smash-taunt where he takes a snapshot with Mona before she gets tasked with a microgame and falls through a hole (this only works on Wario stages)

- Mewtwo has unused sound clips, they read:

1."You humans will pay for your pathetic violence!"
2. "I was nearly disposed of, but i have unsettled business to take care of!"
3. "For a second i thought i was DLC!"
4. "You are a mere Plumber!, how could you be so iconic?"
5. "Foolish Human, how dare you insult me!"
6. "The reign of Mewtwo will be here!"
7. "I will go on to live a life of peace, away from the wickedness of the world, if you have a heart, then join me!"
8. "Mew? how can you fight alongside us? go away!"
9. "Lucario! So i've finally found you! Prepare to meet your demise!"
10. "But you are my enemy! how could you care for me?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to Mewtwo's tone on some of these, I think that the following clips were meant to be connected for interaction purposes, but were ultimately scrapped

1. and 2.

4. and 5.

8. and 10.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is all i have for now guys, if you have any unanswered questions, let me know.
I might update this soon.
Best of Luck!
WHATEVER!!!

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
This is a very good point that I've honestly never thought of. I mean, I always questioned how Sakurai chose Greninja, but never thought about it relating to Mewtwo and how early the final roster was chosen. Although, Greninja was a very smart and almost obvious pick. Ninja-esqe, relatively badass style and one of the three starters. None of the legendaries would have worked this time around and Zoroark was old news.

However. Mewtwo was heavily promoted for X and Y. Mega Evolutions and such. He must have considered this. Hopefully Mewtwo's newfound popularity translates into Sm4sh as well.

Also. I just noticed that the first post of this thread was recently updated. Anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely give it a read.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Ow hey platinum!! what happened to the penguins in your profile picture and is this from the same leak as the bowser jr,shulk duck hunt dog etc?
The thing that shuts this leak down for sure is the information accompanied with the leak. The person claims he got this from the famous "mother******* leaker," but that's not possible because that particular leak was from a video of gameplay and certain other elements of the game for rating purposes. Thus, Mewtwo could not have been unlocked.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ow hey platinum!! what happened to the penguins in your profile picture and is this from the same leak as the bowser jr,shulk duck hunt dog etc?
You mean my blue footed boobies? I wanted to honour Pokken Tournament.
This comes from someone claiming that they had shared images with the Mother****ing leaker

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
The thing that shuts this leak down is the information accompanied with the leak. The person claims he got this from the famous "mother******* leaker," but that's not possible because that particular leak was from a video of gameplay and certain other elements of the game for rating purposes. Thus, Mewtwo could not have been unlocked.
And his icon looks f***ing weird and dosent look real!!

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
looks like someone took mewtwos stadium 1 model (which i will admit, i love.) and plastered it onto a box. AND it looks like its covering up something. i normally am terrible at spotting fake leaks but this? is fake.
Yeah and if he was in the new game they would most likely just slightly update his x and y model!

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Zoom in really close and you see a small circle on the right. Probably a photoshop brush.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
So fellow Mewtwoites, if you believe that the starting roster leak is true then we have 4 starting Pokemon which includes Lucario who was a secret unlockable character in Brawl. Jiggpypuff is of course the 5th Pokemon, but since Melee there has always been another unlockable Pokemon character. My theory is if that is the starting roster it makes too much sense to not have Jiggy and Mewtwo as the unlockable Pokemon.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
though i do think the stadium model could indeed be a good alternate costume. (ill be honest, i love the stadium models best out of any 3d pokemon work. theres a charm to n64 visuals. even today :p)
They do look good but they are outdated and this is the first smash to be in HD so they will use that model as a source and then give it a HD/Modern makeover

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I don't want to believe that starting roster considering there will be gamers who will 'no-life' it & literally get the full roster in a matter of 3 days tops. Seeing how fast that could go the starting roster is too cheezy for my taste. I feel Lucario Jiggly & Mewtwo should all be unlock-able. It's just speculation but:
  • Pikachu is all-time pokemon mascot. Was a starting pokemon in in Yellow version. Has never been an unlock-able due to being one of the Four mascots for Super Smash Brothers..
  • Charizard is a starter. Was a starting pokemon in Brawl's roster. Worldwide popular pokemon. I see no reason for him to be unlockable.
  • Greninja is a starter. Sakurai spilled all the beans about his inclusion & background story. People can't wait to play a newcomer. I see no reason for him to be an unlock-able other than him being a brand newcomer.
  • Jigglypuff has always been a secret-ish unlock-able character since Day 1 aka Smash 64 until now. Probably will stay that way.
  • Lucario was an unlockable in Brawl. Is a poster-boy pokemon that got many buffs to his game-play confirmed to be even stronger. Putting him in the starting roster in terms of pokemon to choose from, perhaps many people will choose Lucario over the other Pkmnto see how buff he really got, & to explore his mysterious & shady Final Smash mechanics. He better not be a starter for WiiU (game I'm getting)
  • Mewtwo hype beyond all hype of a character. One of the only few legendaries ever requested to b e a playable fighter in Smash Bros., & has taken a long hiatus from Smash overall skipping Brawl. People want him NOW & won't rest until seeing him in the game or unlock him themselves. Also has the hype to see how his FS(s) work out whether he gets just one FS or gets both his X & Y form. In general he needs to be kept hidden & secret so that the world doesn't keel over from happiness.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm not crazy! You're crazy! Especially you Woodman!
: Ayyyyyy. :shades:
You're right, Wahwee. You're not crazy...

YOU'RE INSANE
*see if you get the reference :happysheep:*

Couldn't resist making that joke, that said I do think the original Mewtwo making a friend/companion would be the next step in his character development.
But he has a bunch of friends in his clones unless you consider them family. Ah well.

you get some sort of sadistic kicks out of making shippers mad do you doctah wahwee :3

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
So fellow Mewtwoites, if you believe that the starting roster leak is true then we have 4 starting Pokemon which includes Lucario who was a secret unlockable character in Brawl. Jiggpypuff is of course the 5th Pokemon, but since Melee there has always been another unlockable Pokemon character. My theory is if that is the starting roster it makes too much sense to not have Jiggy and Mewtwo as the unlockable Pokemon.
Thats a great theory and does sound true GOOD JOB!!! i never thought about it that way!!! :)

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
dude. this is why im so glad to be a part of this discussion. :3 nobody (cept earlier.) was saying "NO! MEWTWO IS NOT GOING IN NOOB (for bs reasons)" but everyone here is saying "it aint over til launch!!" thats the kind of optimism we need! and *sniff* im just so glad im among friends!:happysheep:

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Don't click the spoiler.
New revelation: I'd be ecstatic if Mewtwo was in the game. Final Smash discussion:

• Mantwo & Femtwo. I'll be fair since I haven't seen the Genesect or Returns or the Mirage-esque Mewtwo specials/movies, so for this sentence I'll say their both decent if not amazing characters. Any distinct quality differences between Mantwo & Femtwo, should be a gender avatar palette swap. The Difference, is what @ --- --- said earlier:
    I still stand by saying that the Male Mewtwo should have also been in the movie (probably being able to turn into Mega X). It would have been perfect: cover up plotholes, appeal to old/new fans, more chances for character development, etc.
    If Palutena & Shulk & MiiFighters get bonus content added to their characters, surely Mewtwo can be an exception of Mega Evolution promotion to the max. I as well as many here have said something along those lines, but if Mewtwo were to be the only pokemon in Smash to have two Final Smashes for both his Mega Evolutions, Unique qualities is something Sakurai would do, especially if Charizard only has his one MEvo FS being MegaCharizardX.
    So MegaMewtwoX would be the Mantwo from Strikes Back, Returns, Mirage?, & Origins (that was male right? God Mewtwo is genderless this is dumb but awesome) palette, & Femtwo from Genesect's Prologue & the movie. Different voice actors ofc, & exact game-play, the unique game-play change is the Final Smash. Thoughts?

If that didn't satisfy you & you'd reply with, "Dude they won't have Two FSes for Mewtwo, even though I'd love it & it'd be badass", Then how about we ask if MegaMewtwo X would be a stage boss for a Pokemon stage perhaps or through a Boss Battle mode, Pokemon could use a boss battle like Rayquaza because I love green & he'd be fine, but a new pokemon Boss & a re-sized MegaMewtwoX to fight against would be dope, for those who say Mewtwo would only get MegaMewtwoY. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
New revelation: I'd be ecstatic if Mewtwo was in the game. Final Smash discussion:

• Mantwo & Femtwo. I'll be fair since I haven't seen the Genesect or Returns or the Mirage-esque Mewtwo specials/movies, so for this sentence I'll say their both decent if not amazing characters. Any distinct quality differences between Mantwo & Femtwo, should be a gender avatar palette swap. The Difference, is what @ --- --- said earlier:

If Palutena & Shulk & MiiFighters get bonus content added to their characters, surely Mewtwo can be an exception of Mega Evolution promotion to the max. I as well as many here have said something along those lines, but if Mewtwo were to be the only pokemon in Smash to have two Final Smashes for both his Mega Evolutions, Unique qualities is something Sakurai would do, especially if Charizard only has his one MEvo FS being MegaCharizardX.
    So MegaMewtwoX would be the Mantwo from Strikes Back, Returns, Mirage?, & Origins (that was male right? God Mewtwo is genderless this is dumb but awesome) palette, & Femtwo from Genesect's Prologue & the movie. Different voice actors ofc, & exact game-play, the unique game-play change is the Final Smash. Thoughts?

If that didn't satisfy you & you'd reply with, "Dude they won't have Two FSes for Mewtwo, even though I'd love it & it'd be badass", Then how about we ask if MegaMewtwo X would be a stage boss for a Pokemon stage perhaps or through a Boss Battle mode, Pokemon could use a boss battle like Rayquaza because I love green & he'd be fine, but a new pokemon Boss & a re-sized MegaMewtwoX to fight against would be dope, for those who say Mewtwo would only get MegaMewtwoY. Thoughts?
i was thinking mega mewtwo x could be armored mewtwo and m1 poster colored alts (to represent mewtwo strikes back) while the default one is the female mewtwo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
But he has a bunch of friends in his clones unless you consider them family. Ah well.
Touche

you get some sort of sadistic kicks out of making shippers mad do you doctah wahwee :3
tumblr_n9ojj0WLZu1r811rmo1_500.jpg

thisisgettingabitoutofhandlet'strytogetbackontopic

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Thats a great theory and does sound true GOOD JOB!!! i never thought about it that way!!! :)
dude. this is why im so glad to be a part of this discussion. :3 nobody (cept earlier.) was saying "NO! MEWTWO IS NOT GOING IN NOOB (for bs reasons)" but everyone here is saying "it aint over til launch!!" thats the kind of optimism we need! and *sniff* im just so glad im among friends!:happysheep:
I'm glad you guys like it, and like I said I have no proof but I'm hoping this is the case as well. It just doesn't make sense to only have one Pokemon unlockable.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Jigglypuff is most likely an unlockable like always and Mewtwo is logically an unlock.

And if the only unlock is a hyped character, it's worth it.
Yeah personally I love unlocking stuff so if we would just start with the original 8 I would love it, but I understand why they can't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom