• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Does it have proof to back it up? :/
I never said it was a proven leak...maybe I should have added the word potential. In any case, I find this believable though I don't want it to be real. I still have some doubts to its authenticity.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I never said it was a proven leak...maybe I should have added the word potential. In any case, I find this believable though I don't want it to be real. I still have some doubts to its authenticity.
No Mewtwo or Ridley?
Sakurai would have to be freaking insane not to add either of them. Does he want his fan-base to hate his guts? That seems to be what he's going for if this guy is telling the truth. Especially since he added Dr. Mario.
That flat out admits that he's willing to bring characters back....just not Mewtwo.
No. I won't believe this. I refuse to.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
No Ridley is completely believable to me. After all, he was a boss in the last game. Mewtwo being cut from consideration happened in 64 and Brawl, so I believe that's possible it would happen again.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
So they say Snake was cut because of being unable to obtain the rights. Kojima the creator of the Meal Gear series did say he would like to see Snake in Smash 4 but it was up to Nintendo.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
For a third time? When people demanded his return?
Why would Sakurai do that?
Because other characters are of higher priority or much easier to make. Dr. Mario is easy because it's Mario with modified stats and clothes. Same with Dark Pit as a Pit clone.
So they say Snake was cut because of being unable to obtain the rights. Kojima the creator of the Meal Gear series did say he would like to see Snake in Smash 4 but it was up to Nintendo.
Maybe Konami owns the rights to Snake and have more of a say over Kojima.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Because other characters are of higher priority or much easier to make. Dr. Mario is easy because it's Mario with modified stats and clothes. Same with Dark Pit as a Pit clone.

Maybe Konami owns the rights to Snake and have more of a say over Kojima.
Geninja is easier to make then Mewtwo?
Ha. No.
Besides, Mewtwo has way higher priority then both Jigglypuff and Lucario.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Geninja is easier to make then Mewtwo?
Ha. No.
Besides, Mewtwo has way higher priority then both Jigglypuff and Lucario.
Greninja is higher priority because XY are most recent games. Jigglypuff is much easier to make as said earlier, and you see Lucario advertised a lot more...especially in the anime. Also, a lot of prominent characters in the games have one.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
You know what this means guys? Mewtwo has been considered for every Smash game to far and only playable in one. I think we deserve an award for being the unluckiest fanbase EVER.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Note I never said confirmed. The leak can still be fake.
Please be fake.

As we get closer to launch I feel my sanity drifting away. Mewtwo is the only character that would make me truly disappointed if it were excluded. I got over Snake awhile ago but Mewtwo's different.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You know what this means guys? Mewtwo has been considered for every Smash game to far and only playable in one. I think we deserve an award for being the unluckiest fanbase EVER.
Not unlucky. Sakurai apparently just hates us since he's willing to taunt us by saying "he's considering it", and then troll us with a false Mewtwo model...and at the end....give us no payout.
Lame ass move...if this is legit, that is.
Same goes for the Ridley fans. Sakurai has been BS'ing them since Melee.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Supposedly that leak provided guarantees DLC. So there's always the hope there if this leak turns out to be true. Not that I want it to be.

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
The 4chan text leak is fake, its just trolling/taking advantage of the vulnerable situation. I just didn't agree with the whole "He's more important/higher priority than Jigglypuff/Lucario" since there is literally no evidence behind it, unless Sakurai has said it himself.

I still believe he's in though. He's top 5, if not top 3, most wanted character in both US & Japan. He's a vet, so they don't need to come up with a moveset. He was planned to be in brawl, and this time around it doesn't seen like there is a time constraint against him (especially if we're counting DLC).

Whether or not he's going to be in the 3DS version at launch is really the only question imo.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The 4chan text leak is fake, its just trolling/taking advantage of the vulnerable situation. I just didn't agree with the whole "He's more important/higher priority than Jigglypuff/Lucario" since there is literally no evidence behind it, unless Sakurai has said it himself.

I still believe he's in though. He's top 5, if not top 3, most wanted character in both US & Japan. He's a vet, so they don't need to come up with a moveset. He was planned to be in brawl, and this time around it doesn't seen like there is a time constraint against him (especially if we're counting DLC).

Whether or not he's going to be in the 3DS version at launch is really the only question imo.
Well that's a relief.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The 4Chan leaker admitted he was lying.

Hope for Mewtwo continues!

Quoting the leaker
"You guys are trolled easily."
"I was lying you ****ing ******."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am starting to have my doubts about Myuutsu
:mewtwomelee:
But we can't lose hope, There is still a chance...
:lucario:

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
I want to believe that the leaker want to bother us and he put Dr. Mario and Pitoo as characters but they're costumes and instead of them are mewtwo and Ice climbers, Thats my dream xD!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
...douche >.>
He's a leaker. The entire purpose of a leak is to spoil the hype and ruin everyone's fun. Of course he's a douche.

Plus, he probably got his source in some massive legal trouble as well. So... Yeah, not a nice or very credible guy.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yeah, the biggest doubt for me with the leak was why they would explain characters that were considered but cut. Also, the name "chorus men" instead of the actual name of the character. Still, it was believable because of how stupid it turned out.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
This is the legit leak. The only legit leak.
Yes...unfortunately....Lucas amongst Wolf and ice Climbers....were cut.
aw.. :( i guess i don't really mind LOL even though Lucas was one of my most used characters.

but do you have any receipts that the leak is legit? Im searching around for proof but I can't find any :(

.. and i came by this image xD

I hope Mewtwo returns though :)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
aw.. :( i guess i don't really mind LOL even though Lucas was one of my most used characters.

but do you have any receipts that the leak is legit? Im searching around for proof but I can't find any :(

.. and i came by this image xD

I hope Mewtwo returns though :)
Yes.

This was provided by the leaker to prove his claim was real. Bowser Jr. confirmed. Bam.
(amongst other things...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom