• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Anyways, if you're going to bring up the leak here, you have to bring up that question mark. So mysterious...
I still think he's in. It would be a dumb idea not to bring the most requested character in the world from the second best selling video game series of all time back for Smash 4.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Anyways, if you're going to bring up the leak here, you have to bring up that question mark. So mysterious...
I still think he's in. It would be a dumb idea not to bring the most requested character in the world from the second best selling video game series of all time back for Smash 4.
...That question mark could be meaning nothing at all.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
I still have hope for a direct or random trailer reveal like Robin. But with every day that passes by my hope and hype for Mewtwo lessens and i'm slowly searching for a new main to master... I need something to regain the hype for Mewtwo :'(

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Firstly I wouldn't mind Mewtwo being an alt, I would be disappointed but let's be honest if Sakurai ran out of Dev time before he could finish Mewtwo (again) and they had the his model I could see it working out.
Lucario and Mewtwo ARE NOT CLONES but I can see many of Lucario's moves work out for Mewtwo.
Recovery: Yeah this doesn't fit Mewtwo that well, but it could still work.
Side special: Most of us agree that Mewtwo needs a better side special, just colour it purple and that would work.
Neutral special: Do I need to explain this one?
Down special: add some smoke particle effects and it's done.

I'm not saying Mewtwo should or will be an alt, I don't think Mewtwo will be an alt either it just might not be as bad as you all are making it out to be.
In Smash most people care less about how someone plays and more about them making it in, Proof? 90% of Char requests.
The way things are going, I really wouldn't be too miserable about Mewtwo being a Lucina to Lucario. Honestly, Mewtwo had **** for specials in Melee, and everyone did make the points about their similarities. Naturally, I'd rather a full character, buy any playable representation is ok by me. I'm tired enough of the lack of love my (and evidently most of the West's) favorite series are getting compared to a single game in a series which has just returned from a 21 or so year 'nobody knew or cared' hiatus.

Come on Mewtwo. Since Melee, you've gotten two Mega-evos (one of which adds a second type), a signature move, and another film or two. Yes, mewtwo is still relevant. Period.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I would still be shocked if we don't get a direct next week. Otherwise we would only have a Hyrule Direct.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Regardless of the outcome, I have thoroughly enjoyed discussing Mewtwo here with you guys. I stated reading around page 60 and joined Smashboard to discuss my favourite character only a month or so ago.

Before reading this thread I had no hope of his return but now because of you guys Im quite optimistic about it. Hopefully we get the outcome we want and Mewtwo deserves.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Regardless of the outcome, I have thoroughly enjoyed discussing Mewtwo here with you guys. I stated reading around page 60 and joined Smashboard to discuss my favourite character only a month or so ago.

Before reading this thread I had no hope of his return but now because of you guys Im quite optimistic about it. Hopefully we get the outcome we want and Mewtwo deserves.
I just listened to Pokemon The Origins Mewtwo Battle Theme...Sounds so much like something that could be in Smash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G5HIJkkxU0

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Your adorable Mewtwo demands this week be a good one :3
Shiny Juvenile Mewtwo, ftw! <3 xD
Anyways, even if the leak DOES in fact, end up being true....Mewtwo is likely just not unlocked yet, otherwise, he'd just be crossed out like the others. There's faith in both directions, and no good reason to loose hope yet.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Shiny Juvenile Mewtwo, ftw! <3 xD
Anyways, even if the leak DOES in fact, end up being true....Mewtwo is likely just not unlocked yet, otherwise, he'd just be crossed out like the others. There's faith in both directions, and no good reason to loose hope yet.
I find it hard to ignore the fact that Mewtwo was adorable once.

#UsedToBeASweetKid

Steelia

Smash Champion
...Heh.

In spite of all the mayhem and "leaks" getting people's hopes all over the place for Mewtwo, it's nice to see things like this and remember just how hard Game Freak has been pushing him all these years. Official boxart for NA Pokemon Art Academy:

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
...Heh.

In spite of all the mayhem and "leaks" getting people's hopes all over the place for Mewtwo, it's nice to see things like this and remember just how hard Game Freak has been pushing him all these years. Official boxart for NA Pokemon Art Academy:

;~; Gamefreak STAWP...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
...Heh.

hey gamefreak

hey

u lissening

k?

k

MY WALLET ISNT THE SIZE OF THE MOON DAMMIT

micstar615

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just wanted to say Mewtwo is one of my all time favorite characters. He was the most badass thing to me as a kid. Now that I'm an adult I relate to the character more than ever (the movie character and his story). He's really special to me and I've enjoyed him in melee for 13 years. My biggest hope would be that he'd make it in to SSB4. After all these leaks, and him not being there...I'm quite disappointed. I was sure he'd make it in this time. I'm hoping he still has a chance but I'm starting to think otherwise unfortunately. I love this roster, they've added some of my all time favourite Nintendo characters (Rosalina, Lucina and Robin) and some other fan faves (Mega Man, Little Mac) and some very unique ones (Palutena, Pac Man). However if Mewtwo is absent....it'll always feel like something important is missing. I really hope Sakurai has been listening and adds the worlds most wanted character, I'm hoping for the best still.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I think Jiggs beat him to it.
I have faith this isn't the case.

This exact same thing for me.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Jiggs and Mewtwo are not in direct competition with each other.

Jesus where are you guys getting such stupid speculations from?

micstar615

Smash Ace

THANK YOU!

Mewtwo and Jiggs are 2 of my favorite Pokemon, and they both desserve to be there, equally so. I'm an advocate for both of them. The only thing in Mewtwo's way is if Sakurai wants him or not.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

700+ pokemon but only so many slots can be represented in the Pokemon series. We don't even know if any other pokemon that isn't Jigglypuff or Mewtwo are in the roster. 6 is a solid number, 7 is likely, yet 8 is very far-fetched.

The big 3 pokemon demands / suggestions as far as I'm knowledgeable of, are Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, & Sceptile. So on the matter, you could say 6 only, you could say 7 could be the max number.

Last edited:

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
If Mewtwo and Jiggs are both in, that would only be 6 pokemon characters... no more than brawl if you separate pkmn trainer

and PM has 7!

They can coexist

now pray with me that the leak is false guys :p

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
If Mewtwo and Jiggs are both in, that would only be 6 pokemon characters... no more than brawl if you separate pkmn trainer

and PM has 7!

They can coexist

now pray with me that the leak is false guys :p
If you're talking about the leak which has the whole Smash community in an uproar then Mewtwo has more of a chance if it's real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom