• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polo

Smash Cadet
found video on english xD will post it anyways

i really want mewtwo as much as charizard :p
I wonder if this thread can go more than ten pages at a time without this video being reposted again ;)
Oh, I can't complain. That video is just too funny :grin: :mewtwopm:

Welcome to Smashboards by the way.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I'll just add that Mewtwo riding Venusaur was an alternative costume for Riolu. I need to stop browsing this Mewtwo thread right before sleeping.

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that post. I bet one of these days I will have a dream similar to that because I browse the thread right before I go to sleep.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
IF Pittoo and Dr. Mario are in, they'll be alts of Pit and Mario respectively.

Mewtwo will be in, but he won't be an alt of anybody. You cannot bet money there. :evil:
I actually bet my friend two tf2 keys that Mewtwo will be playable.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Guys! Good News for Mew2.
Maybe Mewtwo is an alternative Costume for Lucario.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW8bOeqLS2g
As both a Sonic fan and a Mewtwo fan I'll say why I don't see that working out.

Because Mewtwo is his own character and has his own moveset. The same reason Metal Sonic should have it's own moveset, or at least different from Sonic. Like Lucina and Marth.

I'm not sure how I'd react with Mewtwo just being a costume. Even though he'd be in the game, I'd probably be upset.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
with the new smash bros all i want is mewtwo and falco and no we get wii fit trainer welp oh well
Game's not out yet. Don't count your chickens. :evil:

Any difference in mechanics, no matter how small, means a separate roster spot. Play Mewtwo. Then play Lucario. If their mechanics are identical, you're lying.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman

P4 is in P3 position....WTF
And either way, we will say this AGAIN.....MEWTWO AND LUCARIO ARE NOT IN ANY WAY SIMILAR ENOUGH TO BE THE SAME CHARACTER....METAL SONIC IS A DOPPLEGANGER....METWO IS NOT A LUCARIO DOPPLEGANGER...GET OVER IT THIS IS A TIRING ARGUMENT!

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Mewtwo skin for Lucario? Sure, and Jigglypuff skin for Kirby. Charizard skin for Bowser. Lucina skin for Marth, oh wait..

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Guis guis.
What the hell do you mean alternate skin for Lucario? That's just more ******** than saying their clones.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine I can't take it anymore, your Vince McMahon GIF is amazing & I can't stop watching.:shades:

So to the general crowd, I want Mewtwo in so that Lucario can prove to beat Mewtwo in the MU once & for all. It'd be interesting if Mewtwo had the reverse opposite of Lucario's AB% mechanic. Lemme explain:

AB% =AuraBoost% = the more % damage you take, the stronger you get.

New Mechanic for Mewtwo = PsychoBoost%

PB% would give you an extremely powerful boost at the beginning of the match & for each stock you have with 0%. The more damage you take, the less powerful you become, especially going with Lucario losing stocks getting really behind, same would apply to PB%. The farther you are behind, the much more stronger you get on your last stock with rediculous knock-back & damage early %.

Thoughts? & Yes, I went there & said PsychoBoost%.:troll:

This would be a super buff compared to StaminaValue / Fatigue that :pt: had in Brawl, but more upgraded so it's more viable in the beginning, & about the same weakness decay.

A new move could be put in Mewtwo's move-set to 're-charge' your PsychoBoost parameter, so to speak.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Mewtwo is not going to be an alt for Lucario. Their fighting styles are nothing alike. Mewtwo does not punch, kick, or use aura. I would be an insult to Mewtwo to be an alt costume, especially because he is not a clone of Lucario they only share a similar b neutral. Personally I'd rather not have Mewtwo at all over him getting him demoted to an alt., boss, or pokeball.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
As both a Sonic fan and a Mewtwo fan I'll say why I don't see that working out.

Because Mewtwo is his own character and has his own moveset. The same reason Metal Sonic should have it's own moveset, or at least different from Sonic. Like Lucina and Marth.

I'm not sure how I'd react with Mewtwo just being a costume. Even though he'd be in the game, I'd probably be upset.
Metal Sonic should be a boss in Smash Run!
There's no way that can happen!

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
@ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine I can't take it anymore, your Vince McMahon GIF is amazing & I can't stop watching.:shades:

So to the general crowd, I want Mewtwo in so that Lucario can prove to beat Mewtwo in the MU once & for all. It'd be interesting if Mewtwo had the reverse opposite of Lucario's AB% mechanic. Lemme explain:

AB% =AuraBoost% = the more % damage you take, the stronger you get.

New Mechanic for Mewtwo = PsychoBoost%

PB% would give you an extremely powerful boost at the beginning of the match & for each stock you have with 0%. The more damage you take, the less powerful you become, especially going with Lucario losing stocks getting really behind, same would apply to PB%. The farther you are behind, the much more stronger you get on your last stock with rediculous knock-back & damage early %.

Thoughts? & Yes, I went there & said PsychoBoost%.:troll:

This would be a super buff compared to StaminaValue / Fatigue that :pt: had in Brawl, but more upgraded so it's more viable in the beginning, & about the same weakness decay.

A new move could be put in Mewtwo's move-set to 're-charge' your PsychoBoost parameter, so to speak.
Mewtwo is a unique enough character as he is. They just have to buff him and maybe give him the float mechanic that Project M gave him to make him a little more flexible. Or they could change up his moveset entirely. I mean, look at Bowser. The way he plays is very different now.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A they both use it fairly well, just Deoxys has more speed & 100230234x more Sp.Atk than Lugia does.:urg:

@ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine . Sakurai is using some Project M ideas & putting them in Sm4sh, so I can see that. However Mewtwo was leaked as of last year in October 2013, so Sakurai & his developer teams would of had to either:
1. Wait for that to spring out & copy that essentially or,
2. Hypothetically speaking, have that idea already in their minds when they so-to-speak have been developing Mewtwo for Sm4sh.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I heard Mewtwo was spotted Greninja's trailers as a Pokeball is that true?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
^

After thinking about it, MasterBall summon would be even worse treatment for Mewtwo than a Stage Boss. And a regular Pokeball summon is even worse than a trophy.:urg:

Edit: Okay Masterball & StageBoss are kind of even, mostly better in Masterball's favor. Pokeballs = ATs practically & Pokeball summons can be pokemon promotion to playable fighters. It's happened once it can happen in the future again & again.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
. Sakurai is using some Project M ideas & putting them in Sm4sh, so I can see that. However Mewtwo was leaked as of last year in October 2013, so Sakurai & his developer teams would of had to either:
1. Wait for that to spring out & copy that essentially or,
2. Hypothetically speaking, have that idea already in their minds when they so-to-speak have been developing Mewtwo for Sm4sh.
How was Mewtwo leaked?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
So the Project M devs intentionally puts in "leaks," only for them to go completely over our heads.

They really are the other side to Sakurai's coin.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Metros Metros Konig never said clone, he just said alternate costume.:troll: I'd agree that a Mewtwo alternate costume for Lucario would make his Special Shadow Ball again, & it'd get an improvement through AB% making Mewtwo in Smash Bros. viable for once.:troll:

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Firstly I wouldn't mind Mewtwo being an alt, I would be disappointed but let's be honest if Sakurai ran out of Dev time before he could finish Mewtwo (again) and they had the his model I could see it working out.
Lucario and Mewtwo ARE NOT CLONES but I can see many of Lucario's moves work out for Mewtwo.
Recovery: Yeah this doesn't fit Mewtwo that well, but it could still work.
Side special: Most of us agree that Mewtwo needs a better side special, just colour it purple and that would work.
Neutral special: Do I need to explain this one?
Down special: add some smoke particle effects and it's done.

I'm not saying Mewtwo should or will be an alt, I don't think Mewtwo will be an alt either it just might not be as bad as you all are making it out to be.
In Smash most people care less about how someone plays and more about them making it in, Proof? 90% of Char requests.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Being serious to reply to your post @ thebadlamp thebadlamp , add purple visual 'aura' in his specials / attack-move-set, & basically that's all that's needed.
PLUS, MEGAMEWTWOX WOULD BE CONFIRMED! :D I'd be hyped for that sole & only reason imho.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Firstly I wouldn't mind Mewtwo being an alt, I would be disappointed but let's be honest if Sakurai ran out of Dev time before he could finish Mewtwo (again) and they had the his model I could see it working out.
Lucario and Mewtwo ARE NOT CLONES but I can see many of Lucario's moves work out for Mewtwo.
Recovery: Yeah this doesn't fit Mewtwo that well, but it could still work.
Side special: Most of us agree that Mewtwo needs a better side special, just colour it purple and that would work.
Neutral special: Do I need to explain this one?
Down special: add some smoke particle effects and it's done.

I'm not saying Mewtwo should or will be an alt, I don't think Mewtwo will be an alt either it just might not be as bad as you all are making it out to be.
In Smash most people care less about how someone plays and more about them making it in, Proof? 90% of Char requests.
Yeah I don't see a problem with the specials but what about the normal punch kick combo Lucario does? That doesn't fit Mewtwo at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom