• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
It would be a nice nod to melee if Mewtwo was the hardest and last to be unlocked.
* Second to last

I'm just pulling your leg. But absolutely, I'd like to work my ass off to unlock characters this time around and not get them given to me by playing one mode.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
* Second to last

I'm just pulling your leg. But absolutely, I'd like to work my *** off to unlock characters this time around and not get them given to me by playing one mode.
Meh, Smash Bros. is about the multiplayer anyway. I'd rather be able to quickly unlock the characters I want to main so that I can practice with them, and then use characters I like when playing someone else. But it's not likely we'll get a mode like that again anyway, if we have anything like SSE it'll be Adventure Mode from Melee again...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Meh, Smash Bros. is about the multiplayer anyway. I'd rather be able to quickly unlock the characters I want to main so that I can practice with them, and then use characters I like when playing someone else. But it's not likely we'll get a mode like that again anyway, if we have anything like SSE it'll be Adventure Mode from Melee again...
Adventure Mode was fun in Melee. :) Can't deny that!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And what if half the roster was unlocked, like Melee?

It would make it much more accessible for parties or playdates while the more important peeps would be unlocks.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915

In response to the whole Mewtwo's not in because leak thing, the leak's not even 100% confirmed. IMO, I'd rather wait until AT LEAST the week it comes out(in Japan) before being concerned. Unlike Snake, even if he doesn't get revealed beforehand, he's still got a shot as unlockable....

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo has a real chance to get in if the leak is real.

Mewtwo has a real chance to get in if the leak is false.

Mewtwo has a real chance to get in, don't count him out yet.

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I got a trailer idea!!

*Screen is slashed, fire appears*
It shows Diamond City in WarioWare's animation style!
*Close in on 9-Volt's House*
He's playing Melee as Mewtwo! (But you can only see it subtly)
9-Volt: "Oh man this game is awesome!"
*Wario barges into 9-Volt's House*
9-Volt: "Wario?! What are you doing here?!"
Wario: "I'm bored! Do you have any games I can tak- Er, I mean borrow?"
9-Volt: "I'm playing Super Smash Bros Melee! This game is just as good as it was when it came out!"
Wario: "That game is lame! I'm not even in it!"
*Wario takes 9-Volt's Brawl Disc and jams it in his Wii*
Wario: This game is way better! I can play as myself! That makes this game ten times better than that old one!"
9-Volt: *his line of sight creates outlines on the character select screen of where the cut Melee bets could've been*
"Man, I can't play as some characters I could in Super Smash Bros Melee! Oh well..."
Wario: "Who cares about that?! Besides, they were stupid characters anyway!"
9-Volt: "Hey! Don't say tha-"
*9-Volt's GameCube starts rumbling and glowing with light from the disc port*
*A huge flash of light blinds everyone and the viewers!*
*The camera pans up and shows Mewtwo clearly angered*
MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!!
*Cut to footage of new Diamond City stage where Mewtwo starts beating up Wario*
Mewtwo attacks Wario with a grab and uses his mind to toss Wario away (this is his FThrow which is his old Side B, Confusion)
Mewtwo shows off his new Side B, Psycho Cut, on Lucario as he approaches.

Mewtwo retains his Shadow Ball, which now moves in a straight path very quickly, and uses it against Robin who is charging his tomes.
Mewtwo retains Teleport as he uses it to dodge DK's Giant Punch and then uses Shadow Claw, retained also.

He uses his retained Down B, Disable, against Little Mac and then uses his new Side Smash which is now Psychic. This new animation shows Mewtwo thinking and then, if it lands, pushing the opponent away as his eyes glow purple.
Mewtwo uses his Down Smash, retained, on Pikachu, who is hanging on the edge as if hoping for mercy.
Charizard tries using Flare Blitz on Mewtwo but Mewtwo grabs him out of it and uses his DThrow which is now Psystrike. Greninja then tries to save Charizard but Mewtwo uses old NAir and knocks Greninja away.

Wario tries to run over Mewtwo with his bike but fails after Mewtwo jumps over it and knocks him back with his new BAir, which is a furious tail swipe that just shows how brutal Mewtwo is.
Meta Knight comes in to try to outsmart Mewtwo by using Dimensional Cape but Mewtwo teleports out of the way and grabs Meta Knight, flings him back with a BThrow which is an animation where Mewtwo holds Meta Knight in place with his mind, uses Barrier and forces MK away by pushing the Barrier wall towards him!
Mewtwo then grabs a Smash Ball, Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo Y and starts absolutely wrecking people with his speedier, more powerful moves.

The Trailer ends with Mewtwo using his evil Melee taunt.
The after credits show Wario knocked out in front of 9-Volt's home and 9-Volt is shown starstruck.
"That. Was. Awesome."

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
My Reaction when Mewtwo is announced....or when anyone goes on about why he should be in...

(yes I made this)
Everything is awesooooome... Provided Mewtwo makes the cut. :p

As for that leak, it's obvious that all the characters aren't unlocked yet – provided it's the real McCoy. Regardless of whether or not you believe the "leak" though, it's best to keep expectations in check and hopes high. Nothing has hindered Mewtwo's return in any way yet.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I wonder what Mewtwo's on-screen entrance would be if it comes back.

The one in P:M is meh at best.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Pokeball entrance :troll:
:idea:

Actually, I honestly think he'll come out of a Master Ball. :eek:
It would make sense considering Master Balls were introduced in Smash4....and he IS a legendary. :smirk:
Just imagine....the Master Ball has always had a dramatic flare for the Pokemon being sent out....Mewtwo's entrance could be very climatic from this alone...

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
:idea:

Actually, I honestly think he'll come out of a Master Ball. :eek:
It would make sense considering Master Balls were introduced in Smash4....and he IS a legendary. :smirk:
Just imagine....the Master Ball has always had a dramatic flare for the Pokemon being sent out....Mewtwo's entrance could be very climatic from this alone...
But... who captured him? XD

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But... who captured him? XD
Pls, it was Red.

Continuity? What's that?

Tabuu declared it non Tabuu anymore to talk about Mewtwo and released him from his eternal darkness :troll:

cwatididthar, 2 references ermagherd

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Was definitely Master hand. He captures trophies & brings them to life, explaining the intro of Smash64, & Melee's cinematic intro.:troll:
Plus Mewtwo was a trophy in Brawl. It all makes dollars.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
It'd be cool if he just appeared in his armor and confinement thing that Giovanni keeps him in
, sort of like Samus's teleporter thing in Smash 64, and either broke free of it, blasting the armor and cables, wires, etc. away or just broke free of the cables and wires and stayed in his armor. Whether or not he stayed in his armor would, of course, depend on whether or not you were using his armored alt. costume.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It'd be cool if he just appeared in his armor and confinement thing that Giovanni keeps him in
, sort of like Samus's teleporter thing in Smash 64, and either broke free of it, blasting the armor and cables, wires, etc. away or just broke free of the cables and wires and stayed in his armor. Whether or not he stayed in his armor would, of course, depend on whether or not you were using his armored alt. costume.
inb4 project m sues nintendo over copying their trailer.

...wait. I just jinxed myself :joyful:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I just realized I've never posted in this thread

I sure hope he makes it back into Smash... he's clearly a fan favorite. And the teasing has only riled us up more.

When the Melee roster first leaked, I flipped out when I read Mewtwo. There were some confusing additions, but Mewtwo blew my mind, I was so excited.

A trailer featuring Mewtwo and Ridley together would be the hypest of all hypes

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer Mewtwo's stage entrance to not be from a pokeball. Unless we're assuming the Player is the trainer, I don't like the idea that Mewtwo can easily be captured. Besides, not all the Pokemom enter in a pokeball. So, it doesn't have to be a trend that Mewtwo follows.

Some of the other suggestions in this thread I'd be down with. Maybe Mewtwo can fly from off screen on to the stage, laugh, or use his Pokemon cry to begin the fight? I'm don't even find PM's entrance that bad. Maybe just change him to facing away from the screen then turning around like he does in X and Y?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Let's face it, Clefairy becoming a pokeball & Jigglypuff becoming a fighter, is kind of lamefest.. While Clefairy is MIA from pokeball land & Jigglypuff MIA from the roster, I'd feel cheated if neither were confirmed pokeballs.:urg:

Oh, Mewtwo you ask? Don't wory, he's getting caught by 4 year olds with the MasterBall.:tired:

Edited after reading @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A 's post:

What is FTFY. . ?:surprised:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom