• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I'd like to go on record as stating that I consider the "Original 12" theory to be utter bullcrap, and as with my stance regarding Ridley and Mewtwo the silence regarding Jigglypuff should be taken to mean that she will not be returning, the alternative not to be considered.

Stupid creampuff never should have been playable to begin with. :facepalm:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I'd like to go on record as stating that I consider the "Original 12" theory to be utter bullcrap, and as with my stance regarding Ridley and Mewtwo the silence regarding Jigglypuff should be taken to mean that she will not be returning, the alternative not to be considered.

I have always thought that Jiggypuff was a bit of a gimmick but to be fair Jigs had no mention in the lead up to Brawl and wasn't even announced to be in the game before release as she was a secret character.

If a character isn't revealed pre-release that doesn't mean they aren't in the game it just means that their last shot is being a secret character.

D

Deleted member

I don't hate FemTwo, but the voice and the characterization feels rather off.
EDIT: And between when I was typing this and when I got back to post this, we've moved to a different subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Ha. Jigglypuff does not stand in the way of Mewtwo. People would be way, way, way, waayyyyy more upset to not see Mewtwo then to not see Jigglypuff.
It's the TRUTH. Yes people would be upset but if they had to put Jiggs or Mewtwo on the Chopping block who would they choose?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026

I don't really like to O12 argument much either.

Mainly because when it comes to Mewtwo vs. Jigglypuff, I feel like the Jigglypuff fans are incredibly hostile towards the Mewtwo fans for that coveted fifth slot, them and there "O12, Jiggz ain't goin' nowheres" mentality.

Jigglypuff being one of the LAST characters to be included in Brawl should be testament that the O12 argument is weak; not that I want Jigglypuff cut, as I think the pink 'puff and our psychic feline can co-exist perfectly.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
If a character isn't revealed pre-release that doesn't mean they aren't in the game it just means that their last shot is being a secret character.
As I said. When it applies to Ridley and Mewtwo, they're unlockable. When it applies to Jigglypuff, she's no longer around. Best-case scenario, we get a trailer confirming the former two that disconfirms the creampuff at the same time.

You know. Like Chrom. :chuckle:

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It's the TRUTH. Yes people would be upset but if they had to put Jiggs or Mewtwo on the Chopping block who would they choose?
Jigglypuff would be the one to go.
Heck, I know even Sakurai himself would choose Mewtwo over Jiggs if it comes down to those two.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Tbh why are people going to a hypothetical expunge war between Mewtwo & Purin? Have we already forgotten Brawl was going to have 7 playable pokemon had it not been for SSE?. . .

Sm4sh has the ability to be on par with that idea of 7 if not more, & continue on with that plan. That is of course UNLESS the developers decide either one of them are boring & treats them as the Pariah of their franchise Universe, which may or may not happen. Controversy time!

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Tbh why are people going to a hypothetical expunge war between Mewtwo & Purin? Have we already forgotten Brawl was going to have 7 playable pokemon had it not been for SSE?. . .

Sm4sh has the ability to be on par with that idea of 7 if not more, & continue on with that plan. That is of course UNLESS the developers decide either one of them are boring & treats them as the Pariah of their franchise Universe, which may or may not happen. Controversy time!
It could go either way...

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
No. >> It's a fan-made concept that's been forced down the throat of the community.
NOOOOO. Your wrong. Your blinded and need to see the Truth.
Jigglypuff would be the one to go.
Heck, I know even Sakurai himself would choose Mewtwo over Jiggs if it comes down to those two.
How come when Sonic was demanded in. He had to start putting characters on the Chopping Block? Why didn't he choose Jiggs instead of Mewtwo
(I'm a Huge Mewtwo supporter. Not Bashing or Trolling)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
NOOOOO. Your wrong. Your blinded and need to see the Truth.

How come when Sonic was demanded in. He had to start putting characters on the Chopping Block? Why didn't he choose Jiggs instead of Mewtwo
(I'm a Huge Mewtwo supporter. Not Bashing or Trolling)
Um, because Jigglypuff is wayyyy easier to develop and save time with? Sakurai probably thought the fans would be appeased with Lucario, but he sees now that that is not the case.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Um, because Jigglypuff is wayyyy easier to develop and save time with? Sakurai probably thought the fans would be appeased with Lucario, but he sees now that that is not the case.
He had Mewtwo's data from Melee! He could have just Copy Paste him in!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
This is still on the topic of Mewtwo in Sm4sh, but how many supporters have posted here saying they'd support him in Sm4sh, whether being DLC, Pokeball summon, Stage element, Boss, or playable status?

How many Mewtwo supporters are there in this thread?

Lucario would never suffice Mewtwo fans who want Mewtwo, Sakurai should have realized Lucario =/= Mewtwo & his fan-base. Lucario instead got Lucario fans who support him & love him in Smash Brothers.
True but IF Mewtwo got no changes upon his Melee data, you know regular Smashers wouldn't touch him at all with game-play right, especially competitive? I know what you mean / how you feel, because you're a fan & you want him in the game, but a Melee Mewtwo in Sm4sh won't cut it. Not even close~ Shoutouts to @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A :troll:

Edit: Wooo@@ Go me my 1,000th post message

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
They would also need to update his model for the new game.
Edit:

Enjoy.
Are you trying to make me pitty Lucario? Because I would of been sad to not see Lucario return, Lucario is very relevant to Pokemon to this day. He's the very first pokemon to Mega Evolve in the series and he's stupidly powerful like Mewtwo. (He's also my favorite Fighting type) I want both Lucario AND Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
They would also need to update his model for the new game.
Project M Team put Mewtwo in their game less than 900 hours. Sakurai's No everyday man he could have had that done faster that you can say REGGIE LOCALIZE MOTHER 3.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Project M Team put Mewtwo in their game less than 900 hours. Sakurai's No everyday man he could have had that done faster that you can say REGGIE LOCALIZE MOTHER 3.
Do you realize how long 900 hours is? Sakurai's team would need to spend at least a week dedicated to recreating Mewtwo to equal that. Maybe even two weeks....heck, maybe even a month. -.-

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Double Post
If Mewtwo could be copy pasted explain Project M's need to spend a month creating animations for him.
Liquid you know I can Argue with the Brother of Dark and the Brother of Light!

You guys are taking me as a troll!

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
You guys are taking me as a troll!
Hold on hold on, I'm posting.:p
On the topic of a Melee Mewtwo just copied pasta onto Sm4sh's engine, not only would it fail to work from the huge lack of updated visuals & a new needed model, Mewtwo at that point is better off as an extra no more than DLC, period. Melee Mewtwo is 110% de-confirmed, even Femtwo has better chances than that.:urg:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Do you realize how long 900 hours is? Sakurai's team would need to spend at least a week dedicated to recreating Mewtwo to equal that. Maybe even two weeks....heck, maybe even a month. -.-
...erm
The big difference is, the PM team consists of fans making the project in their off-time. In other words, going to work, living out their daily lives, hanging out with their irl buddies, and doing everything unpaid. Sakurai's team consists of MULTIPLE paid people doing this for a living, probably for about 8 hours a day? Only here, they can half the character creation workload - one can make a model, one can make textures, and *several* could work on animations, all simultaneously with the best possible character-creating equipment, *including* Nintendo dev kits.

Yeah, it still takes a long time to make a character. But the PM team has it way worse than a several-hundred-man-team from Namco.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'm surprised by the lack of new moveset talk and final smash debates in this thread....

Its so odd not to see it in such a place.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Telekinetic grabs, generally ranged attacks, heavy, floaty, melee attacks involve giant spoon, FS is Mega Mewtwo Y, anything I missed?
Don't forget to add in the very demanded decrease of tail hit-box moves that Mewtwo doesn't need. Yoshi is basically the only SSB character throughout history right now who deserves to make it a third let alone half his move-set. Mewtwo's a cat & has a tail but let's not go overboard with it. . . . . .& make him a clone to Yoshi for tail aspect game-play.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh look. ANOTHER clone.
Git your *** out of this thread you sorry son of a gun.
No need for unnecessary warnings.

Stop huffing your speed, Speed :3

I kid, but really, it's in our best interest to stop.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Don't forget to add in the very demanded decrease of tail hit-box moves that Mewtwo doesn't need. Yoshi is basically the only SSB character throughout history right now who deserves to make it a third let alone half his move-set. Mewtwo's a cat & has a tail but let's not go overboard with it. . . . . .& make him a clone to Yoshi for tail aspect game-play.
That'd be why I mentioned the spoon for Mewtwo's melee attacks, yeah~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom