• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
If it was a big event, Sakurai would have tweeted about it..

Nothing right now, just checked it. His twitter and the Smash website. But man, looking at the roster, it's seriously lacking the dark/villain characters.. I still have my hopes up for that hypothetical dark/villains themed trailer. Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Ridley.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If it was a big event, Sakurai would have tweeted about it..

Nothing right now, just checked it. His twitter and the Smash website. But man, looking at the roster, it's seriously lacking the dark/villain characters.. I still have my hopes up for that hypothetical dark/villains themed trailer. Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Ridley.
Wolf too perhaps? XD Oh, and don't forget Jigglypuff for the lulz. :3

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Does everyone agree on having Mewtwo's Armor as an alternate costume?

If so, what colors should it have?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So pretty much everything we know for the most part.
I gotta feeling

That tonight's gonna be a meh night
That tonight's gonna be a meh meh night

As in, I feel that SDCC will repeat itself and CoroCoro will show us nothing noteworthy.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I gotta feeling

That tonight's gonna be a meh meh night

As in, I feel that SDCC will repeat itself and CoroCoro will show us nothing noteworthy.
Hopefully not. I don't think they would announce Mewtwo so early. They probably will announce him somewhere close to the release of the 3DS version. And so far, Mewtwo is the only thing that's missing in SSB4.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

I like what Project M did. I would take those for costumes again.

Also the scans are all we are getting from CoroCoro, so sadly we will have to wait a little longer for another new character like Mewtwo:cry::crying:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

No, I do not think it should be an alternate costume because it was only relevant to the anime. While Smash Bros does take some influence from the anime like Pokemon speaking their names, I would rather have the characters more influenced by the games.

D

Deleted member

Anime and manga.
The M2 Bind armor from Adventures is based off the armor from the first movie.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
No, I do not think it should be an alternate costume because it was only relevant to the anime. While Smash Bros does take some influence from the anime like Pokemon speaking their names, I would rather have the characters more influenced by the games.
Armor as an alt costume, with a gigantic spoon for melee attacks. Oh, and Femtwo audio. There, now it's relevant to all media~

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

Speed's quote will do just fine~
Highly unlikely as it's completely irrelevant to the Mewtwo of today. Don't count on it people.
But when the current relevant Mewtwo now doesn't have the bind armor in the games to date. The DLC's are the limit!

The femtwo audio isn't too bad. I perfer the sinister speaking Mewtwo audio from Melee & Project M.

Also welcome to SmashBoards @ Supersmashbrothers. Supersmashbrothers. :shades:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
To be honest, I haven't seen a Pokémon movie since that Arceus one... is Femtwo really so bad? Other than, y'know, apparently trying to refuse the call, as 'twere?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
To be honest, I haven't seen a Pokémon movie since that Arceus one... is Femtwo really so bad? Other than, y'know, apparently trying to refuse the call, as 'twere?
The entire movie was bad, with the exception of 4/5 Genesect, who were amazing.

The theme was just "Oh look the Genesect is sad, Ash and friends have to return it to its family (who kicked the Genesect out). And then a female Mewtwo just helps Ash defeat the "mean" Genesects because why not." I hated that movie, but it was not nearly as bad as the Keldeo one. Nothing is worse than the Keldeo one.

The Mewtwo and Genesect one is worth a watch, just for the experience though.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Well, when you put it that way I suppose I won't bother. I still don't see a problem with using the most recent incarnation for audio, though.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Well, when you put it that way I suppose I won't bother. I still don't see a problem with using the most recent incarnation for audio, though.
I made it a lot worse than it is, sorry. It's a good watch, I just hate the way the one Genesect is portrayed. I can't explain it well, but you should definitely watch it, it's well worth a watch.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The femtwo audio isn't too bad.
isn't too bad.
ISN'T TOO BAD YOU SAY.
HAVE I MENTIONED YOU ARE DEAD TO ME FOR NOW

The entire movie was bad, with the exception of 4/5 Genesect, who were amazing.
I hated that movie, but it was not nearly as bad as the Keldeo one. Nothing is worse than the Keldeo one.
Keldeo>Genesect any day for me.

I don't care what Mewtwo sounds like. As long as it makes it into the game I'm happy.
Ultimately I agree despite the possibility of Femtwo.

inb4 alt like Robin :troll:

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
thats not what exactly happened in the movie according Blue but I do mostly question some things in the movie I won't list here

But i agree that you have to watch it to have a clear opinion on Femtwo which I thought she was alright for a brand new mewtwo character

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yep, now you've done it. My stance is now officially: Femtwo is love, Femtwo is life. :troll:
I love overblowing things :troll:

Maybe I should say that I don't hate Femtwo to death as I implied. Like I said, I love overblowing things for comedic effect :p

To me she is only cringe-worthy, not undeserving to exist. I can tolerate her, but only with repeated viewings of The First Movie's Mewtwo scenes.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I don't know if anybody done this but im going to do it.
Mewtwo

Pros:
- A Popular Pokémon.
- Fan Demanded since Brawl.
- Sakurai states him and his team are thinking about it.
- Was Planned for all 3 Games.
- Was teased in the Greninja trailer.
- Sakurai doesn't care how many Reps a Series has.

Cons:
- Jiggs. She has Original 12 status she not going anywhere. Like or not She has Priority over Mewtwo!
- Greninja. Sakurai stated that he and his team were thinking about adding Mewtwo I hope he didn't change his mind for Greninja.
- Time Constraints. However I don't think there will be any cuts this time around Sakurai stated that he was against cuts (so am I) but each Smash Brothers game has at least a few cut characters due to time constraints.
Mewtwo, Bowser, King Dedede were all planned to be in 64 but were cut due to time constraints.
Lucas, Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog were all cut due to time constraints.
The Forbidden 7 were all cut due to Sonic's last minute inclusion, SSE, and having to have a deadline.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Meh, Misty's trophy model in Melee was based off the anime.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Pros:
- A Popular Pokémon.

Cons:
- Jiggs. She has Original 12 status she not going anywhere. Like or not She has Priority over Mewtwo!
- Greninja. Sakurai stated that he and his team were thinking about adding Mewtwo I hope he didn't change his mind for Greninja.
- Time Constraints. However I don't think there will be any cuts this time around Sakurai stated that he was against cuts (so am I) but each Smash Brothers game has at least a few cut characters due to time constraints.
Mewtwo, Bowser, King Dedede were all planned to be in 64 but were cut due to time constraints.
The Forbidden 7 were all cut due to Sonic's last minute inclusion, SSE, and having to have a deadline.
@Omnireader would you kindly gather info from this post if necessary.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo

Pros:
- A Popular Pokémon.

Cons:
Ha. Jigglypuff does not stand in the way of Mewtwo. People would be way, way, way, waayyyyy more upset to not see Mewtwo then to not see Jigglypuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom