• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You know...I've come to realize we're kind of like the little minions that are loyal and go on and on about our Master's return...but when he finally does return, we all celebrate the mass destruction he will bring upon the Smash Universe....
Kind of evil, don't you think?

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
You know...I've come to realize we're kind of like the little minions that are loyal and go on and on about our Master's return...but when he finally does return, we all celebrate the mass destruction he will bring upon the Smash Universe....
Speak for yourself. I'm trying to revive my minion here.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

People are worshiping Ridley, so we're on a good note.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I am happy to see this has become civil again. Keep it that way. :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Are you trying to make me pitty Lucario? Because I would of been sad to not see Lucario return, Lucario is very relevant to Pokemon to this day. He's the very first pokemon to Mega Evolve in the series and he's stupidly powerful like Mewtwo. (He's also my favorite Fighting type) I want both Lucario AND Mewtwo.
No.

Just supporting your point of fans being unpleasable.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Btw the weapon-sized battle spoon is Manga-exclusive only? As far as Mewtwo in anything that's media that is canon?

I'm still for the idea of a gigantic spoon so he can whack the Pokeball Alakazam summon & all, including using it on the Sm4sh cast. Just wondering how high of a chance that Spoon implementation has.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Hm. It's been a while since I've popped in here.

I'm of the opinion that relevancy=/=recency. Jiggs hasn't had much in recent years, but is apparently still an iconic pokemon for reasons. But if you're looking to X/Y for which pokemon deserve to stay in, Well, someone needs to fill out that new-fangled Fairy Type.

Also, is there a reason we can't have both? Pokemon is a franchise with literally hundreds of characters to choose from, I think they can afford being a little bloated in representation.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Btw the weapon-sized battle spoon is Manga-exclusive only? As far as Mewtwo in anything that's media that is canon?

I'm still for the idea of a gigantic spoon so he can whack the Pokeball Alakazam summon & all, including using it on the Sm4sh cast. Just wondering how high of a chance that Spoon implementation has.
Not likely, but I'd rank it higher than the tail for "things Mewtwo should be physically smacking people with."

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Not likely, but I'd rank it higher than the tail for "things Mewtwo should be physically smacking people with."
Fair point. Noted & sure when speaking for most of us(?), that we too want the spoon, of silver kinesis power. The handle / hilt of the spoon is a B-air idea, spinning, or swinging the spoon in a crescent attack is U-air idea, F-air & N-air must definitely either stay or re-vamp to something alternate differently but keep the same element to the attack, Darkness / Electric. As Darkness was the main element type of attack from the main users who utilized the type of attack in Brawl who are ATM MIA, will return & hopefully Mewtwo makes Darkness along with Robin's Nosferatu, more promoted & noted.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I hope the spoon never makes an appearance in his moveset. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I just think most of his tail attacks need to go away.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I hope the spoon never makes an appearance in his moveset. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I just think most of his tail attacks need to go away.
This.
While the tail should have some purpose in his moveset, it should not be as prominent....also...a spoon? Come on people, that's not even part of the games....
Give Mewtwo more "Psychic" attacks.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Agreed. I don't like the spoon. The tail attacks I'd be okay with if they lowered the amount of tail attacks he had.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I like Mewtwo's tail attacks. The animations are great, and it's logical that when you have that big, hefty tail behind you, you're going to whack people with it on occasion. Just, you now, cut back on 'em, is all.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Lettuce all join together in unified prayer.
Great now we gotta be in your salad party too?:urg:
My confidence for speaking of us all, was striked down, impaled by the very spoon.:urg: Dishonor

I like Mewtwo's tail attacks. The animations are great, and it's logical that when you have that big, hefty tail behind you, you're going to whack people with it on occasion. Just, you now, cut back on 'em, is all.
Melee or Project M? Your reply decides what my reactionary post will say.:smash:

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
This.
While the tail should have some purpose in his moveset, it should not be as prominent....also...a spoon? Come on people, that's not even part of the games....
If the anime has a presence, one should not be faulted for wanting the VASTLY SUPERIOR manga to also have presence.

Give Mewtwo more "Psychic" attacks.
Spoons have been associated with the Psychic type from the start. Abra line is, in fact, based on Uri Geller, best known for claiming psychic ability via bending spoons. Mewtwo has a BFS (that's "Big Fething Spoon") in the manga, the manga is superior in every way to the anime, and we're grabbing crap from outside the games anyway.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If the anime has a presence, one should not be faulted for wanting the VASTLY SUPERIOR manga to also have presence.

Spoons have been associated with the Psychic type from the start. Abra line is, in fact, based on Uri Geller, best known for claiming psychic ability via bending spoons. Mewtwo has a BFS (that's "Big Fething Spoon") in the manga, the manga is superior in every way to the anime, and we're grabbing crap from outside the games anyway.
The manga is not relevant in Smash, sorry to say.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I think the forward tilt/down tilt attacks are fine. Those seem fitting. I don't think having both of them would be too great, though. His back air looks so weak and dainty. And his up tilt could easily be something more fitting. Like a psychic uppercut.

The difference in this case is that Mewtwo doesn't use it as a psychic amplifier. He uses it as a weapon. Which is unorthodox and unfitting. The Abra line has always been about the spoons. The spoons are part of Kadabra's and Alakazam's sprites.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

I can most definitely vouch for this as far as the video games go. Alakazam being the spoon bender that he is was notifed in the pokedex entry about him.
But Mace wait a minute! Pokedex entries are BS anyways! Plus Sakurai would never give Mewtwo a spoon!
Then why does Alakazam get spoon features in the pokemon spin-off games like Stadium / Stadium 2 / Colosseum / XD / so on, etc. etc.? as his fainting animation. And as his animation way of doing side-scrolling attack moves too.

I also liked quoting myself arguing at myself.

This said it's natural to give a spoon that signifies a correlation with Psychic type pokemon to none other than the strongest Psychic or strongest pokemon ever. Mewtwo. With the biggest spoon. Also TwistedSpoon for the pokemon psyhic increasing STAB item for a reference.
The manga is not relevant in Smash, sorry to say.
But still, manga-wise Speed's right. Manga has little if not nothing to do with Super Smash Brothers.. Maybe a few references here & there. but nothing mechanic-worthy of implementing into the game-play of characters.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Neither are the games. Neither is the anime. Neither is anything but Smash itself. Your point?
You could argue that. Pokemon Trainer was Red from the games. Lucario has his voice from the anime and same with Mewtwo.

Sakurai also said he picks Pokemon for Smash by the recent anime movies and games so I would argue that they are both pretty relevant in Smash.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
And the point I'm actually trying to make is that the spoon is in fact more appropriate than having Mewtwo physically hitting people with any part of its body.

I'd even go so far as to say Mewtwo's game should be entirely ranged, but I'm pretty sure we all know that's not going to happen.

EDIT: The comparison I want to draw is Spacegodzilla's moveset in Save the Earth. For starters, let's just say I'd be satisfied with Mewtwo having a tether grab that doesn't draw in on top of being heavier. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Melee or Project M? Your reply decides what my reactionary post will say.:smash:
Can't play Project M, my Wii's disc drive has been dead since last July.
And the point I'm actually trying to make is that the spoon is in fact more appropriate than having Mewtwo physically hitting people with any part of its body.

I'd even go so far as to say Mewtwo's game should be entirely ranged, but I'm pretty sure we all know that's not going to happen.
That spoon would look completely ridiculous. And Mewtwo is Psychic, yes, but it's still six-foot-seven and weighs 269 pounds. If it hits you with it's arm, it's still going to hurt.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
So evil that we debate on a voice for our master! MUhahahahahahahahahaha!

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
That spoon would look completely ridiculous. And Mewtwo is Psychic, yes, but it's still six-foot-seven and weighs 269 pounds. If it hits you with it's arm, it's still going to hurt.
Mewtwo's a six-foot cat-wallaby with a beer belly and you're worried a spoon would be ridiculous? :confused:

This is the go-to representation of mental might. Hitting someone with your fist is not. Especially if Mega Mewtwo Y is the FS of choice (and let's face it, she probably will be), it makes much more sense to downplay those contact moves.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Mewtwo's a six-foot cat-wallaby with a beer belly and you're worried a spoon would be ridiculous? :confused:

This is the go-to representation of mental might. Hitting someone with your fist is not. Especially if Mega Mewtwo Y is the FS of choice (and let's face it, she probably will be), it makes much more sense to downplay those contact moves.
Anything holding a giant-*** spoon is going to look ridiculous. And the 'go-to representation of mental might' is a giant eating utensil? Whatever you say, man. Also, since when does Mewtwo have a beer belly? You sure we're talking about the same Pokemon, here?

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
So evil that we debate on a voice for our master! MUhahahahahahahahahaha!
Our master has no voice. Only influence on the thoughts within our mind. Master tells us what's to think and the sounds we hear are our own perception of it's presence. The voices change as we change and there will be nothing but carnage when master returns.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Can't play Project M, my Wii's disc drive has been dead since last July.
That is a bummer. But you can just install hom-- @ SaucyDancer SaucyDancer has you covered.

By that event, then your likings are Melee. I have nothing to debate about, it's your subjective opinion, so I respect it.

The animations for his D-throw tail smacking is cool. Needs a knock-back effect that launches them straight upward, what is up with a trail strike coming from above & then getting sent at a 40 / 130 degree angle? TF is this

His D-tilt skate-like 360 spin tail sweeping was believably cool, at the time.

His F-tilt, not to borrow a Lucario aspect, I feel could be something darkness-related like Lucario's Aura F-tilt. Good poking & shield pressure move, something I can see Mewtwo do very well rather than hitting someone with his tail in front of him, it also just looked he threw it out there as a move on a whim, to me anyways.

His U-tilt at the time was cool-looking since he practically does a levitating backward flip lashing his tail in an arc above him, getting a huge buff in Project M being too cheezy & turned me off, for being too impressive of a anti-air tilt. If Mewtwo got a tail move for his future U-tilt, it needs to be balanced between his Melee's & PM's frame data & hit-bubbles.

His Bair just seemed "meh" when using it, making a weird SFX when used & hitting someone, wagging his tail behind him is underrating his strong muscular tail's potential to do more than that kind of knock-back, sorta like his PM Bair.

& finally his U-air which I'm okay with staying, was more of a combo stringing move in Melee anyways as other Uairs were also. I'm content with it's return or a re-vamped Uair emphasizing his Darkness elemental type of move.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If you had to choose between the spoon or the armor from the anime, which would you rather have? Can't be both.
Anything holding a giant-*** spoon is going to look ridiculous. And the 'go-to representation of mental might' is a giant eating utensil? Whatever you say, man. Also, since when does Mewtwo have a beer belly? You sure we're talking about the same Pokemon, here?
It's Smash...there's a lot of ridiculous things in it.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Our master has no voice. Only influence on the thoughts within our mind. Master tells us what's to think and the sounds we hear are our own perception of it's presence. The voices change as we change and there will be nothing but carnage when master returns.
Dude...your so wise!

But not as wise as our master >: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom