• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
(B)> Psycho Cut: blue crescent blade.
Your lack of spoon confuses and angers me. :hulk: :p

Should he keep Teleport? He actually isn't capable of learning it in his own games, but it's too badass of a move to just chuck, I think.
I believe he can learn it via TM in Gen 1 (maybe 2). Kinda like how Pika knows Skull Bash.

Wouldn't mind Barrier replacing Disable, but I'd like to see it act somehow differently than another Shine. Like maybe if you hit it hard enough it can break and be punished in exchange for a large hitbox?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Your lack of spoon confuses and angers me. :hulk: :p

I believe he can learn it via TM in Gen 1 (maybe 2). Kinda like how Pika knows Skull Bash.

Wouldn't mind Barrier replacing Disable, but I'd like to see it act somehow differently than another Shine. Like maybe if you hit it hard enough it can break and be punished in exchange for a large hitbox?
Mew is the only one who can use teleport. Also I just think that since the majority of the world has never seen Mewtwo with a spoon it would be a big wtf moment when they see him.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Me, personally, I would prefer a new Pokemon. I think we have enough G1 Pokemon represented, I would love to see a G2 or G3 Pokemon representative. =P

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I would rather change the guys that Trainer has than not have Mewtwo return.

:phone:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
My Mewtwo special moves list:

(B) Shadow Ball:
...same as before.

(B)> Psycho Cut:
Mewtwo swings his arm diagonally across his shoulder with a blue crescent blade. The attack is similar to Ike's quick draw but has a set distance and will a stronge vertical knockback instead.
14%

(B)^ Barrier:
Mewtwo puts a barrier of psychic energy around himself and flies headfirst in the direction of the analog stick(default straight up) damaging and pushing those who come in contact with the barrier. Range of the attack is equal to that of fox but has no charge up. As a result though it can't do as much damage. It also won't have much KO potential. 12% full hit

(B)v Shock Wave:
Mewtwo creates a wave of electricity along the ground. This attack is a continuous jolt that pushes and hits. It can hit 3 times and go up to 3 character lengths away. During the duration of the attack Mewtwo will also be electrified (like during his nuetral air) but unable to move. You control how many times it hits by how many times you tap the b button so you can cancel at 1 or 2 hits.
1st hit - 5%
2nd hit - 5%
3rd hit - 7% and a slight knockback
(Think of a contiuous thunderjolt)
I'd still say give the Shadow Ball a little more range, at least when fully charged. Other than that, it's pretty solid.

Oh, what if we changed his Side B to Electro Ball? He could surround himeslf with it and charge to one side. Meanwhile, Down B would merge Disable and Confusion into Telekinesis: which sends the eopoonent into a hovering Panic Fall for a short while, long enough for Mewtwo to grab them or do an uncharged Smash attack.

Should he keep Teleport? He actually isn't capable of learning it in his own games, but it's too badass of a move to just chuck, I think.
I could see that side B idea leading to lots of accidental suicides in matches like Ganon's or something. I don't know, merging Confusion and Disable like that might be overpowered.

And while I love Teleport's recovery, I'd prefer Mewtwo with an up+B that actually does damage.

Mew is the only one who can use teleport. Also I just think that since the majority of the world has never seen Mewtwo with a spoon it would be a big wtf moment when they see him.
Agreed, whereas people wouldn't have a wtf moment (or at least not as much of one) if they saw him with a psionic blade of some kind when using Psycho Cut.

I would rather change the guys that Trainer has than not have Mewtwo return.

Same here, or just take out Jigglypuff since she's kinda less relevant than Mewtwo at this point outside of Smash (not to mention she's probably less favored in the Smash community than before with how badly she got nerfed in Brawl), though she may not get the cut if Sakurai himself has some rule for not taking out any of the original 12 at any given point.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Teleport could do some sort of explosion on re-entry. Or something. I don't know. Mewtwo's actual movepool doesn't lend itself to rising attacks.

And I wasn't thinking that Telekinesis would float them for too long, just long enought for Mewtwo to perform an attack. Or should it keep the "facing each other" restriction?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I personally like Teleport the way it is. It was fun to mess around with it in Melee. Heck if Mewtwo made it into Brawl, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it became cancelable like QAC. lol

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Whatever the case someone needs to do something about those horrendous smash attacks. Also his combo needs to be something other than sparkles.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Maybe Teleport could do some sort of explosion on re-entry. Or something. I don't know. Mewtwo's actual movepool doesn't lend itself to rising attacks.

And I wasn't thinking that Telekinesis would float them for too long, just long enought for Mewtwo to perform an attack. Or should it keep the "facing each other" restriction?
Was thinking the latter initially, but now I don't know honestly. Whatever works I guess.

Whatever the case someone needs to do something about those horrendous smash attacks. Also his combo needs to be something other than sparkles.
Have less start lag for the forward smash (and end lag too I think?) and it'll be fine. His downward smash was pretty much good as it was I thought. His upward smash needs the most work though obviously.

I suppose, though I didn't mind the sparkles. Kinda liked 'em to an extent actually, but if you got something better in mind, I'm all ears.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Was thinking the latter initially, but now I don't know honestly. Whatever works I guess.

Have less start lag for the forward smash (and end lag too I think?) and it'll be fine. His downward smash was pretty much good as it was I thought. His upward smash needs the most work though obviously.

I suppose, though I didn't mind the sparkles. Kinda liked 'em to an extent actually, but if you got something better in mind, I'm all ears.
Yeah his down smash was alright. I guess I see why his f smash was so weak seeing as they traded power for range and yes less lag time would be great. His up smash was bad though seeing as you had to hit them perfectly for it to even send them flying. I wonder if they could make it as strong as Lucas's up smash:awesome: That would make my day. As for the combo I don't really have many ideas/options because Mewtwo isn't a real physical character. Maybe just give it a different start up to the combo. Like a left knee -> a right jab -> into the sparkle combo since he does it with his left hand. This way it'll look more intersting than before when the entire combo was sparkles. IDK what do you think?
Can't believe I forgot about this until now, but with the amount of soundtracks Brawl had, I suppose it wouldn't be too much for Mewtwo to have one of these themes (or both) he had before or a remix of them in SSB4 if he comes back, would it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MtoAPgCmPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2p6AUFK2d4
It wouldn't be unreasonable for him to have a track. I would especially love that second one(Mewtwo's Theme). It's perfect smash bros fighting music.:bee:

D

Deleted member

I am all for Mewtwo's return. As a matter of fact, not only is it my most wanted Pokemon, it is also my third most wanted character (behind Mii in 2nd and Mega Man in 1st). If any Pokemon deserves a return, it is most definitely Mewtwo.

Also, didn't Mewtwo kind of levitate in Melee?

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Alright, a new set of ideas:

B: Shadow Ball: As Melee

Side B: Psycho Cut: a wide-angle, pale purple crescent blade that flies forward for a short distance and deals decent damage as it connects.

Down B: Telekinesis: As Disable, except that instead of a Shield Break, it causes the enemy to levitate in a Panic Fall state for a few seconds.

Up B: Teleport: As Melee.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I am all for Mewtwo's return. As a matter of fact, not only is it my most wanted Pokemon, it is also my third most wanted character (behind Mii in 2nd and Mega Man in 1st). If any Pokemon deserves a return, it is most definitely Mewtwo.

1. mewtwo
2. ridley
3. ghirahim

i am all hells of eager for mewtwo to come back. also sorry triple-dash, but i couldn't take mewtwo seriously wielding a giant piece of silverware, no matter how boss he is with it in the manga. i'd keep hearing the Tick in my head.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588

I mean like Peach does.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I already posted an image of it, but I did envision Mewtwo getting a height increase. At the most, I'd like Mewtwo to at least rival Ganondorf's height, but at a closer range.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm all for Mewtwo's return. After all, wasn't he planned for SSBB? It would only be natural that he'd return to the party-fight series.

I hope everyone returns; LUCARIO VS MEWTWO! It sounds like a sick fight, tbh.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo uses Aura Sphere. It's Super Effective. Lucario is eternally shamed for losing to his own signature move.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Mewtwo uses Aura Sphere. It's Super Effective. Lucario is eternally shamed for losing to his own signature move.
lmao. I'd take Mewtwo vs. Genesect any day. Lucario vs. Zoroark would be a more interesting match-up, even if there is the type disadvantage. Really doubting Lucario will return, though, since 5th gen is the newest generation... Jiggs will end up screwing someone over if she keeps coming back. :\

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
though, since 5th gen is the newest generation...
Since when did relevancy and generations suddenly become a deciding factor for character inclusion? If you find proof of this let me know so I can add it to the Directory thread.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Since when did relevancy and generations suddenly become a deciding factor for character inclusion?
Since Lucario was added in SSBB? And Pichu in SSBM?

At the very least, there've been representatives for the current generations in all the Smash games so far. It's to be expected that we'll see someone from 5th Gen take a spot on the roster, at the expense of someone else. If they could cut someone as popular as Mewtwo, who's to say they can't cut someone like Lucario (who was largely unknown prior to his inclusion anyway) and replace him as well... especially since Sakurai is more concerned with keeping a relatively similarly-sized roster as SSBB?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pichu wasn't added because of Generations, it wasn't even originally planned. As for Lucario, there is no evidence it was added for those reasons either, DP also came out in 06 so it wasn't promotional thing either. There's no pattern of inclusions yet as neither generations or relevancy currently hold up. Even if Lucario was added because of gens, Brawl would be the first game to do, which isn't a pattern and cannot be made into a proper claim yet like you're trying to do.

At the very least, there've been representatives for the current generations in all the Smash games so far. It's to be expected that we'll see someone from 5th Gen take a spot on the roster, at the expense of someone else. If they could cut someone as popular as Mewtwo, who's to say they can't cut someone like Lucario (who was largely unknown prior to his inclusion anyway) and replace him as well...
They cut Mewtwo due to time not due to Lucario. If any one character could be blamed it would be Sonic (who technically more popular) for being added at the last minute and changing prioritys.

There also hasn't been any replacements either. Both Mewtwo and Roy were planned and made it far into development but were cut at the last minute. It's obvious that neither Lucario or Ike were there to/or intended to take their places. The closest thing to a character getting replaced is Toon and Young Link.

especially since Sakurai is more concerned with keeping a relatively similarly-sized roster as SSBB?
Looking at that quote it doesn't say anywhere in it that the roster will be the same size as Brawl, if anything it's saying he's reminding us that he's trying to do something more than just Brawl 2.0. There is also a smaller character pool with only a few iconic characters left in it, like Little Mac and K. Rool so it's obvious there's going to be less newcomers this time around anyway, Brawl's roster was well received too so there's more than likely going to be a taboo against cuts more than ever.

They could cut/keep Lucario, they could bring back Mewtwo, they could add a Gen 5 Pokemon. But that's not what I'm arguing about (as much as I'd like to start a Lucario vs Mewtwo vs Zoroark debate :p). Your claims of Generations and Relevance are a shallow argument that have no base behind them other than being minor coincidences that most people don't look into.

If you wish to know how Sakurai picks characters I'd suggest taking a look at the directory thread, in particular this and Iwata Asks.

If a Gen 5 Pokemon does get in it'll be because they add something to the game first and for most, not because they're new or to meet some sort of fanmade quota. If you do find something that disproves any of this then let me know, I'm always open to new infomation and learning from mistakes. ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll put in a new M2 move set.

B: Shadow Ball

Side B: Psychic
A command grab where Mewtwo launches the opponent in the air a fixed distance and leaves plenty of room for juggle combos.

Up B: Teleport

Down B: Light Screen
Mewtwo conjures a short lasting wall that moves forward. This reflects projectiles and shocks the opponent on contact. This move is a staple of many of Mewtwo's combos as it allows specific juggles that are impossible otherwise.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Pichu wasn't added because of Generations, it wasn't even originally planned.
But it DID rep the 2nd generation, is what I'm getting at. Sakurai could have added whomever from 1st, or omitted the 2nd gen altogether, as far as another Pkmn rep was concerned.

They cut Mewtwo due to time not due to Lucario. If any one character could be blamed it would be Sonic (who technically more popular) for being added at the last minute and changing prioritys.
I never said "Lucario cut Mewtwo"? I don't blame the blue dog for anything, just as I don't put pressure on Ike. THAT is more like coincidence to me.

I hear Mewtwo was cut for time, same with ones like Roy, but has anyone proven that? Did Sakurai mention it somewhere himself? And I don't just mean scrapped data on the disc. It tells that there were plans, but it doesn't show how those plans began or ended.

Looking at that quote it doesn't say anywhere in it that the roster will be the same size as Brawl,
We must've read different articles or something, an article I was referring to mentioned Sakurai saying how he wanted to keep things smaller so to focus more on the gameplay; not just "but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive" from the one you posted.

Your claims of Generations and Relevance are a shallow argument that have no base behind them other than being minor coincidences that most people don't look into. [...] If a Gen 5 Pokemon does get in it'll be because they add something to the game first and for most, not because they're new or to meet some sort of fanmade quota.
Lucario's inclusion for being the 4th gen mascot is a coincidence? He wasn't even that popular, and he still made it in.
From a business standpoint, this shouldn't need to be publicly expressed; it should be common sense. There's adding characters for nostalgia (ICs), and then there's adding characters to appease to the modern crowd, which is what Lucario is designed to do. And this will likely continue on into the next Smash game. If no one gets cut, then great; what I thought of Sakurai's decisions for character priority were off, and I'll take that. But if suddenly we see Lucarios and Ikes disappearing and Zoroarks and Kroms emerging...

It sounds like you put a lot of faith in characters sticking around because they're popular and go on lists Sakurai asks for. That's not bad, it's probably more healthy to think like that. I'm more pessimistic when it comes to it, I try seeing more of what goes down on the business end -- if you want your games to get noticed, you'll add someone from a game more recent, and later replace them down the road as their services have expired.
Out of nearly all the chars on SSBB's roster, Lucario feels the most... expendable. But these are all the views I've made, doing my own homework on this.

...also, the Mewtwo vs. Lucario debates are ridiculous. :d

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Since when did relevancy and generations suddenly become a deciding factor for character inclusion?
Game and Watch is nodding to this.

Mewtwo was originally planned for SSBB, and in SSBB, Pokemon Trainer was in, with 1st generation Pokemon?

G&W is holding a sign now. It says, "Relevancy is Bull****"

And to note for ya'lls: This is the Smash Universe, not the Pokemon universe. Mewtwo VS Lucario would still be awesome. So would Ridley VS Mewtwo.

Then again, Mewtwo VS anyone means he came back, so thats all that matters.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
But it DID rep the 2nd generation, is what I'm getting at. Sakurai could have added whomever from 1st, or omitted the 2nd gen altogether, as far as another Pkmn rep was concerned.
What I was getting at was that they weren't added with the intent or point of repping a Generation. Yes, Pichu did rep Gen 2, but that wasn't the reason it was added.

I never said "Lucario cut Mewtwo"? I don't blame the blue dog for anything, just as I don't put pressure on Ike. THAT is more like coincidence to me.
My mistake then.

I hear Mewtwo was cut for time, same with ones like Roy, but has anyone proven that? Did Sakurai mention it somewhere himself? And I don't just mean scrapped data on the disc. It tells that there were plans, but it doesn't show how those plans began or ended.
That's true, there is no proof in that they were cut for time. However, it can heavly be assumed because of the amount of data they each had (ex. Mewtwo had a voice, announcer mentions, a single player ending pic). Sakurai has stated that Dixie was planned to make it in but complications arose. There's more data for M2 and Roy so it can be assumed that they were there until outside complications (which can be heavly assumed due to time since they were in Melee and Brawl started off of Melee's engine).

We must've read different articles or something, an article I was referring to mentioned Sakurai saying how he wanted to keep things smaller so to focus more on the gameplay; not just "but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive" from the one you posted.
Yes, but he never said anything about a definite size for the roster, only that it becomes tougher to balance, which goes against what you said about him having stated specifically a size for the roster:

especially since Sakurai is more concerned with keeping a relatively similarly-sized roster as SSBB
This is an unrelated opinion of mine, but I wouldn't be surprised if Namco was brought in to help with balance and manage the roster.

Lucario's inclusion for being the 4th gen mascot is a coincidence? He wasn't even that popular, and he still made it in.
There's no evidence that he was added for being the 4th Gen mascot. If you can find some, I'll be glad to take a look at it and save it in directory thread.

Lucario was well recieved and is arguably more popular than Zoroark. But seeing as I don't have nor want to back this particular claim up I'll leave this up to opinion. It's off-topic from what I'm trying to get at anyway.

From a business standpoint, this shouldn't need to be publicly expressed; it should be common sense. There's adding characters for nostalgia (ICs), and then there's adding characters to appease to the modern crowd, which is what Lucario is designed to do. And this will likely continue on into the next Smash game. If no one gets cut, then great; what I thought of Sakurai's decisions for character priority were off, and I'll take that. But if suddenly we see Lucarios and Ikes disappearing and Zoroarks and Kroms emerging...
Problem is is that there is no evidence to Sakurai's opinion or reason for Lucario's inclusion. Why he was included is beyond me, and it's also why it's hard to argue his return beyond his aura gimmike, but there is no evidence towards him, or any other character for that matter being added because of a bussiness standpoint, even Roy and Ike. Kinda tough to use Lucario or Zoroark to promote too, when DP came out two years before Brawl and BW/BW2 will come out way before Smash 4.

I won't lie, it makes sense and is a win-win situation for Nintendo. But for the bases of arguing for or against a character's inclusion, based off of what we know and have proven so far, it's way off.

It sounds like you put a lot of faith in characters sticking around because they're popular and go on lists Sakurai asks for. That's not bad, it's probably more healthy to think like that. I'm more pessimistic when it comes to it, I try seeing more of what goes down on the business end -- if you want your games to get noticed, you'll add someone from a game more recent, and later replace them down the road as their services have expired.
Out of nearly all the chars on SSBB's roster, Lucario feels the most... expendable. But these are all the views I've made, doing my own homework on this.
That's fair. We're both free to hold onto our own opinions in the end anyway. :bee:

Though to be fair, characters can also be added for nostalgia similar to how Punch Out Wii and Uprising were marketed. Not to mention if Pichu or Roy wasn't added in Melee like planned, the lastest character would have been from 1995 (1998 if we count Sheik and human Ganon :laugh:).

...also, the Mewtwo vs. Lucario debates are ridiculous. :d
I totally agree. XD

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just wanna see a cinematic fight for Mewtwo and Lucario. But heaven knows Mewtwo won the fight.

If not, then that Lucario is a hax.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Amnesia only boosted power in the first gen. And I wouldn't want to use that, on the off chance that I lose Teleport.

D

Deleted member

---, I will gladly take this argument to the Lucario thread.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I think he should have his original moveset from the distribution of black and white and have some of his specials dedicated to 'mighty mewtwo'.
Unfortunately, this would mean replacing lucario, but that's what we've all been expecting anyway. It could have aura sphere (which is on mighty mewtwo) much the same as lucario has now.

He could also have shadow ball, to make it more relevant to the anime, he could aim it much like egg toss, but only from a 45 - 90 degree angle, so it can't end up anywhere lower than the top of mewtwo's head, and can't go behind him either.
His side B could be brick break; in relation to the games, it would have to deal low(ish) HP, have minimal starting lag (since it's very accurate in-game), and deal 50-75 percent knockback. This can also break sheilds in one hit, and stun the opponents.

His Up B could be poison jab, in the anime, poison jab moves incredibly quickly, and so, he could stall in the air doing a spin to build up poison on an out-stretched arm above him, and his tail below, and then move upwards as quickly as lucario's extremespeed for 2.5 seconds, and can indefinately control himself so could plough into edge-guarders with his outstretched hand (is it as hand) if he may please. Also the hand above him makes this recovery better since he only has to have his hand near the ledge for it to automatically, grab it, and nothing else. Renders him helpless at the end.

His final smash could be psystrike; it launches rays of psychic energy in an outstretched * with a line going through the middle. The lines are approximately the size of a mewtwo, but since they travel all the way across the screen, will be difficult to miss. Extremely deadly if used in the middle of the stage since a lot of dodging would include jumping, especially on stages such as battle-field or green greens. This also sets off items such as bob-ombs.

Tell me what you think about my move-pool for mewtwo!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't expect much changes in Mewtwo's Neutral and Up specials, but Confusion and Disable really need work. I could see Confusion get revamed, much like how Kuma suggested it last page. Kuma and me discussed this plenty of times before and agree that a Psychic attack as a command grab attack with about, double or trice the range (or more) that Confusion had with strong knockback as to follow up combos with would be a good idea. I also think that maybe Mewtwo's Teleport should be longer and maybe allow him even to follow up an aerial with. Disable, well, I'd rather see it replaced with another move. And I think Light Screen would be a good idea to as Kuma suggested.

Other buffs I'd like to see are in his Smash moves. They where near useless in Melee cause either they where not really strong enough, had low priority or range, or where too slow. Up Smash could imo have some 'gravitation' on it, where the move kind of pulls characters into it. Forward Smash needs to have a much bigger hitbox, and kill much, much better. Maybe even give him super armor frames on it (as Mewtwo concentrates a lot and I doubt it's focus would be easily disturbed). Down Smash needs to be either like Lucas' is in Brawl, but with more range.

Other moves I think would be nice to have buffed are Neutral Air (doing way more damage with increased range and especially priority), the jab (super armor or even projectile blocking powers when he goes in second mode) Forward Air (even stronger, and more range / priority again) Down Air (make it spike) and of coarse: his grab range. It could even be a ranged grab I feel much like Link and Samus, but instead of a Hookshot / Clawshot or the Grapple Beam, Mewtwo uses a psychic energy force. Could be used on characters as Ness, Lucas and Isaac (Golden Sun) as well as they are also psychics. Mewtwo's tilts are surprisingly good, so they could stay mostly the same. Though forward tilt could use a power buff as well, or a better hitbox.

And overall, Mewtwo needs more weight. I think the current weight of Samus could work well, or around or in between Wario's and Captain Falcon. He should certainly be heavier than Lucario is now, or even Charizard, if only just a little. Mewtwo is taller than Charizard anyway so it wouldn't be out of place.

Another thing I thought of to buff Mewtwo is a 'passive skill' called Pressure, as his ability in the Pokemon games. However, this time Pressure would make moves go stale faster on Mewtwo if used in succesion (think Marth or Jigglypuff's F Air spam) to make him far less subject to combos, even though his weight would be buffed. This would be to keep him heavy, but not really 'feel' heavy but more floaty like he was in Melee. Mewtwo should still stay floaty however, but his traction needs to be drastically better.

Psystrike would make for a nice Final Smash though.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Mewtwo should NOT be heavier than Charizard. In all honesty I think Mewtwo should have the weight that Lucario had in Brawl and Lucario should have a weight more like Capt. Falcons.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Which is heavier than Mewtwo would be. Charizard's weight would be fine, even a point or two heavier would work to as Mewtwo is taller than Charizard. And it's all about his height / weight imbalance really. If he wasn't as easy to hit, he wouldn't be so easy to kill. It's very simple really. :rolleyes:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mewtwo should NOT be heavier than Charizard. In all honesty I think Mewtwo should have the weight that Lucario had in Brawl and Lucario should have a weight more like Capt. Falcons.
Mewtwo really needs a weight boost, but it has to be more around Wario's weight standards. Besides, even heavyweights can be floaty; Samus.

yoshiking27

Smash Rookie
I would like to see Mewtwo be in SSB4 but the reason why he was removed from the game was the consideration of Mewtwo being overused on online play, since he's boss.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
From Pokedex:

Charizard: 5'7" 200 pounds
Mewtwo: 6'7" 268 pounds

obviously pokedex shouldn't be taken literally for smash, but when I think mewtwo I think heavyweight.

Mewtwo should be somewhat quick and heavy, with weak physical attacks and weak smash attacks. With his teleporting and jumps he shouldn't really be floaty, but his speed and teleporting should make him good at spacing and avoiding getting comboed easily. His focus should be on his special moves to represent his high special attack stat in the games. He would keep shadow ball, but I think he should be given new and more powerful down B and side B.

Overall he would be very difficult to KO but also would have a limited movepool (given his weaker physical attacks he would rely mostly on special moves) and lack strong finishers. He would be more of a careful character, his focus would be on mainly staying out of the fray and use projectiles (shadow ball), waiting for your opponent to make a mistake to capitalize on rather than taking the initiative himself

EDIT: This is just MY OPINION of how I imagine him based on the games.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Mewtwo really needs a weight boost, but it has to be more around Wario's weight standards. Besides, even heavyweights can be floaty; Samus.
This.
Having altered SSBM, making a speedier, stronger, and heavier Mewtwo (two points heavier than SSBB Charizard), he's still surprisingly easy to KO compared to others like Ganon and Bowser due to lack of friction and low gravity. Weight is only a small factor of it. Make him heavy, but keep the gravity/friction physics low and floaty. Totally fine by me.~

I would like to see Mewtwo be in SSB4 but the reason why he was removed from the game was the consideration of Mewtwo being overused on online play, since he's boss.
He was obviously cut because he was more god tier than Meta Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom