• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#EducatedFeet - July 20th, 2013 - Nicholasville, KY (Lexington Jr.)

Side Event?

• Melee

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Marvel

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Injustice

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SSF4AE

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Brawl Low/Mid Tiers

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Brawl All Random

• Smash 64

• Total voters

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I'd just like to state that myself and two others will be coming in from Tennessee to join the Tournament. None of us have ever done a tourney of this Caliber, because there aren't a lot of opportunities in Tennessee. That being said, I'm excited to try P:M for the first time, but myself and my friends are really coming for the Melee Event. Can't wait to join you guys. Really hyped about this event!

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I'd just like to state that myself and two others will be coming in from Tennessee to join the Tournament. None of us have ever done a tourney of this Caliber, because there aren't a lot of opportunities in Tennessee. That being said, I'm excited to try P:M for the first time, but myself and my friends are really coming for the Melee Event. Can't wait to join you guys. Really hyped about this event!
Actually, the melee tournament will not be that big, its brawl that has all the competition.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I assumed that would be the case, but none of us are super into brawl, and this is the only tournament hosting melee within 5 hours of where we live. We'll be participating in brawl, and P:M of course as well though.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
I assumed that would be the case, but none of us are super into brawl, and this is the only tournament hosting melee within 5 hours of where we live. We'll be participating in brawl, and P:M of course as well though.
Okay, that's great! Its good to have people to enter everything, melee will probably be the only thing I won't enter.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Melee will be decent size obviously most ppl play brawl but I know 5 ppl alone that are coming just to play melee plus the ppl that play brawl that will enter obviously there going to be no comparison but at s2d there have been times more ppl showed up to play melee than brawl and although someppl think melee is just down right awful game and refuse to play it and will only play pm it really makes no sense but melee will have a decent tournout there are a few ppl that play here and its not just a downright dead scene , im entering brawl just to see how I do but I dont even play or practice the game you guys should definitely come up though and start coming up to the s2d tournaments when and if they start back up

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Melee will be decent size obviously most ppl play brawl but I know 5 ppl alone that are coming just to play melee plus the ppl that play brawl that will enter obviously there going to be no comparison but at s2d there have been times more ppl showed up to play melee than brawl and although someppl think melee is just down right awful game and refuse to play it and will only play pm it really makes no sense but melee will have a decent tournout there are a few ppl that play here and its not just a downright dead scene , im entering brawl just to see how I do but I dont even play or practice the game you guys should definitely come up though and start coming up to the s2d tournaments when and if they start back up
I love melee, but I lost it so I have no way to practice, and I do not have the money to enter melee each tournament, with all the other events I enter.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
The bias in some of the brawl players against melee is incredible. Stop hating melee so much. For what reason? I actually think melee will have solid turnout. Shout out to the brawl players that have respect for melee and play it. 12 years running and no signs of stopping!

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
The bias in some of the brawl players against melee is incredible. Stop hating melee so much. For what reason? I actually think melee will have solid turnout. Shout out to the brawl players that have respect for melee and play it. 12 years running and no signs of stopping!
In this community, it goes both ways, a lot of melee players hate on brawl for dumb reasons too, people just like to complain, it isn't "brawlers" or "melee players" complaining about the games, it's people.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Im trying to talk luigigosshard in to entering pm if he will because hes pretty much beast at it but im going to bring 2 melee setups 1 pm setup and 3 tvs and im down for doubles in pm and if everybody brings enough setups and it all gets incorperated right I think this will all run smooth and amida if you want to enter melee I got you man im all about promoting the whole ky scene in brawl melee and project m its just 5 bucks let me know I got you man!

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Im trying to talk luigigosshard in to entering pm if he will because hes pretty much beast at it but im going to bring 2 melee setups 1 pm setup and 3 tvs and im down for doubles in pm and if everybody brings enough setups and it all gets incorperated right I think this will all run smooth and amida if you want to enter melee I got you man im all about promoting the whole ky scene in brawl melee and project m its just 5 bucks let me know I got you man!
Only $5? I might just enter anyways.....

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Don't let an
don't let anyone convince you not to enter all games. The melee attendance will be great, as well as pm and brawl

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
I never take a break at any tourny I just play friendlys when I dont have a match but if you guys need help from someone to run the melee tourn part of it id be happy to bring my labtop and help run the melee tournament to help make things run smoother if theres plenty setups tho this should all run smooth

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
You michigan folks should enter melee being that you play pm to and you ally I seen your pm capt falcon im sure he has some melee skills

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
You michigan folks should enter melee being that you play pm to and you ally I seen your pm capt falcon im sure he has some melee skills
I don't enjoy playing melee as much as P:M because tap jump fuqs me up. Not to mention one of the characters I enjoy playing isn't in Melee.

Also Amida can you pm me your details and such (address, phone number, ect.)

What is the latest time we can arrive at your house on friday? I only ask because I get out of work at 3 and then have to go grab everyone then make the 5-6 hour drive. From the sound of it seems that you still live with your parents we wouldn't want to be disrespectful to them and show up super late. Let them know though that we are super appreciative for the housing,

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Actually, with all of the other events I am entering, I will not enter melee, because I want to do friendlies, money matches, and possibly a crew battle. Although I HATE tap jump, I can't use it as an excuse because 64 has it, and it messes you up in that game more than any, because that game has the most ridiculous combos in smash.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Best of 5.

Also Gifts, Amida can actually play SSB64. I've never seen you play SSB64. Can you play SSB64? I don't think you can play SSB64

S
S
B

I am actually pretty decent at 64. Just havent played in a long time cause no one likes to get bodied.

Top Bottom