• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It isn't getting brought up that often but aren't Monolith Soft working on a 3DS game too? Maybe we'll finally see footage of it or at least some kind of trailer at E3.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I hope the 3DS Version is better than brawl im pretty sure it will be.

Ugh.......really wish the WiiU version came out first.
All the more to make us even more excited. Save the best for last.

(At least I hope it WILL be the best version.)

Bartholin

Smash Cadet
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just gonna leave my thoughts in here: If, and a big if, we get Pac-Man(what I'm mostly neutral), its bye-bye for Snake, 1 3rd party is good, 2 are great, 3 is perfect, but 4 is unacceptable. This is a Nintendo All-Stars game, while 3rd party chars are cool, I don't think we should get above 3.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Just gonna leave my thoughts in here: If, and a big if, we get Pac-Man(what I'm mostly neutral), its bye-bye for Snake, 1 3rd party is good, 2 are great, 3 is perfect, but 4 is unacceptable. This is a Nintendo All-Stars game, while 3rd party chars are cool, I don't think we should get above 3.
I think 4 is fine as long as the characters are popular enough and have enough uniqueness to make them fun to play as

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think Nintendo will put some time aside to speak about Smash Bros during their time on stage.
I think during that time we'll see a good trailer with a villains theme, similar as to how they've "invaded" the E shop.
Furthermore we still have plenty of vet villains yet to be reviled, perhaps they're being saved for E3.
There's Wolf, Meta Knight, Ganondorf, and Wario.
Also there is a handful of expected/ wanted/ or anticipated new comer villains such as Ridley and King K. Rool and to some extent Mewtwo.
E3 was huge for Smash last year and it'll be huge, maybe even larger then the year before.
Characters at Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool level of demand require a large platform to be announced at, just as Megaman was.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I don't think that anything they show at E3 could top the smash bros direct. I'd be happy with some more gameplay footage, fu$#@#% hype explosion if they give a f#@#$%# release date.

I feel the main event at E3 will be the new zelda,
or the rumored new ip that miyamoto is workin on.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
LOL 3 is perfect and 4 is unacceptable.
I like the balance of your thoughts.

D

Deleted member

LOL 3 is perfect and 4 is unacceptable.
I like the balance of your thoughts.
I think I didn't expressed my thoughts right. 3 is perfect, for me at least, because then you can make a free-for-all with the companies' mascots(Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Snake/Pac-Man), but four, as I said, it's a Nintendo All-Stars game, it should be balanced with chars that have some significance to Nintendo's history(Mega Man and Sonic), that's why I never thought that it was right to put Snake, if they are chars like Mega Man that were born on a Nintendo Console or that remained exclusive during a long time, I have no problem, but even that, a 4th 3rd party char shouldn't prioritize a 1st party char

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest

Seriously, we're getting Dragon Quest at E3, and that makes me really hopeful for Slime in Smash Bros...

Given that:

if they are chars like Mega Man that were born on a Nintendo Console or that remained exclusive during a long time, I have no problem, but even that, a 4th 3rd party char shouldn't prioritize a 1st party char
So, how you feel about Slime getting in?

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I never played a Dragon Quest game(please don't kill me), but, isn't it a generic enemy? I might be wrong, but I think a DQ char would be more fitting
That's alright, RPGs aren't for everyone, but yes, it is a generic enemy, but it's also the series mascot... it's like Pikachu, in Pokémon he's just a random encounter, but he's the most iconic character in the series. Slime also has his own spin-off series where he's the protagonist, so there's that too...

No DQ heroes really stand out among the others, and none would come close to the iconicness of Slime even if they did...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's alright, RPGs aren't for everyone, but yes, it is a generic enemy, but it's also the series mascot... it's like Pikachu, in Pokémon he's just a random encounter, but he's the most iconic character in the series. Slime also has his own spin-off series where he's the protagonist, so there's that too...

No DQ heroes really stand out among the others, and none would come close to the iconicness of Slime even if they did...
Well OK, I think I would see him as the new ROB(I like ROB)
Btw, RPGs are truly my thing, my favorite game of all time is a RPG, I think I should try DQ

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I'm not too sure how realistic everyone may or may not find these to be, but I've a mind that they are (for the most part) fair possibilities at this years E3. This list is going to be Nintendo-centric:

- Nintendo confirms to be returning to a live press-event format. A part of this is admittedly the fan in me knowing that their software would bring excitement regardless, but I do believe the live audience reactions further influence not only the post-show press hype, but also to the majority that will be watching live through the streamed event. On the other hand, going with the Direct presentation allows for a more smooth presentation overall, along with something that would provide more time for information as well.

- The Legend of Zelda for the Wii U is revealed. I do believe this game is going to be Nintendo's closing act, and if it is anything akin to the premiere reveal of Twilight Princess, we are in for a treat. Confirmed for a 2015 release.

- Nintendo will finally pull the curtain and reveal the Majora's Mask remake. Whether it be for 3DS or Wii-U, I don't care, I just want my Majora's Mask (though seeing it re-imagined in HD would make me melt).

- A new 3D Mario game for the Wii U is announced. It will be more of a Super Mario: Galaxy type experience, with perhaps a little to be shown, slated for a 2015 release.

- Miyamoto will reveal his new I.P. It has been stated by the man himself that for the past few years, this game has been occupying quite a bit of his time. What it could be exactly is anyone's guess, but I would like to believe that it is something at least on the level of Pikmin, in terms of making the attempt to branch out a new character / series, and not something like Wii Music.

- Retro Studio's will announce their new project. The studio had confirmed that in November of 2013, prior to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze's release, development of their new game had been started. The most popular assumption is that they have once again been given the helm of the Metroid franchise, but we really don't know (personally, while I do believe they are the best known studio for Metroid, I wouldn't be opposed to see them tackle something like Starfox, or their own new I.P.).

-Monolith Soft will showcase a new trailer for X, further revealing what the game is like, some story elements, and an official title. At minimum, a release window will be announced, if not a release date. Shulk will also be revealed either along side their game, or it will create some kind of segway for him to be revealed in SSB4's presentation.

- Continuing with Monolith Soft, I believe they will additionally reveal the 3DS title that they have been developing as well. I'm guessing it will remain in the J-RPG genre, having to do much with fantasy-like elements and what-have-you.

- Atlus's Shin-Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is revealed with a game play and story trailer, and an announced release date.

- Yoshi Yarn is given a game play trailer, revealing a beautifully crafted game and a release date.

- Super Smash Bros. information to be revealed, and a new trailer. I'm going to say 4 - 5 newcomers (Shulk, King K. Rool, Chrom, Palutena and a 3rd party) along with a few returning veterans (with what I believe will be a fairly strong presence for the Legend of Zelda franchise at E3, Ganondorf comes to mind just for representation of said franchise, and if any newcomer is to be revealed from Zelda, this E3 conference is probably the best chance to do so), and the rest we'll have to find out upon release. The 3DS iteration will have its Summer release date announced, while the Wii-U's iteration will have its month elaborated upon. Inter-connectivity between the two versions will be briefly explained, as well as other specifics such as online modes, etc. I do believe we will get a full timed match as well.

- The recently trademarked " Project S.T.E.A.M." will be revealed with a trailer, and will be Nintendo's attempt at getting their own high-caliber FPS.

- Platinum Games will showcase the final trailer for their upcoming Bayonetta 2, and will have a firm release date given. The studio / Hideki Kamiya will also announce a new game that they are developing, and while it may not be Wii-U exclusive, it will release on the Wii-U (unless a further partnership came about with Nintendo, and something like Platinum Games Starfox does come to fruition).

- Tecmo Koei's "Hyrule Warriors" collaboration is given a new trailer, with an official title and release date confirmed. In addition, the newley announced Fatal Frame 4 for the Wii-U will also receive its premiere trailer (it will look great) and be announced to release internationally.

- Ubisoft will mention how well Watch Dog's has been on other consoles, and will proceed to brief upon (with game play) what new features and functionalities the Wii-U version will be receiving.

- Square Enix will reveal a new Bravely Default 2 trailer while briefing upon its unexpected success in the West, confirming international release's. One or two things Dragon Quest related will be revealed for Wii-U and 3DS respectively, and perhaps a remake or sequel to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Kingdom Hearts 3 will be confirmed for Wii-U.

- Big Red Button's "Sonic Boom" will be on stage, showing what looks to be the best Sonic game in the last decade, possibly ever (I'm optimistic on this one). Visually impressive, some nice features, etc. Release date will be announced.

- Sega will proceed to announce their new Sonic game as well (perhaps Sonic Adventure 3 solely for inducing hype?). It will be released on Wii-U, in addition to the other consoles, and will be slated for a next-year release.

- Nintendo will announce a few additional 3rd party games to come to the Wii-U in the future (such as Kingdom Hearts 3, maybe Destiny. . . I don't know). There will likely be announcements I expect from studio's I've not listed such Level-5, etc. As with all of the companies (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft), one or two (big) notable surprises aren't beyond expectation either, and I genuinely do believe that this E3 (overall) may be the best one in a long time, and could be something special for many fans of "the big 3", especially Nintendo.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Calling Palutena and Mii. Why? BECAUSE I'M CRAAAAAAAZY! There's a theory behind it.

Every newcomer reveal has followed a pattern.

Villager: Green Background
Mega Man: Blue Background
Wii Fit Trainer: Green Background
Rosalina: Blue Background
Little Mac: Green Background
Greninja: Blue Background

So, following this pattern, we will get a green background person (According to my predictions: Palutena (Hair Color) or Bowser Jr. (Although unlikely) (Same as bowser) for a green and Mii (Official Color for the Wii) or Chrom (Hair Color) for a blue.)

I feel that Palutena and Mii are most likely out of those.
We may also get Pac-Man after to break the pattern. Then, I predict no NEWCOMER reveals until release.

As in veterans, I think we'll get Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon, Ness, Meta Knight, and Wario, unless any of them are revealed before E3.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I don't think a live event will be that good for Nintendo, as we've all speculated there's ALOT of stuff potentially coming, and live events can only go on for so long... They may do something on the floor, but I expect more of an overview than anything. I honestly see Nintendo just going all out with content and doing 2-4 hours worth of Directs (per region, more if you watch both Japanese and American directs like you should).

Also Creo's list is really good, but I think I'll add a few more things that have a pretty good shot.

- New Wii U model (slim, or something) or a significant update (2 gamepad support etc.) announced. New Bundles are fairly likely too I would say.

- Nintendo's new Quality of Life platform... whatever it is.

- Youkai Watch (more info on 2 for Japan, a reveal of the series coming westward for us lot)

- Indie Games! (they're really pushing it, and I could see A Hat in Time, Knite and the Ghost Lights and plenty of others getting floor time)

- Any Aquisitions and Mergers that may have happened (Rare ltd rumours are unlikely, but to be sure it'd win them the show in a heartbeat)

And just to be open whatever happens I wouldn't be surprised at a Battletoads game with how much Rare have been entioning that recently... if it's on Wii U or XBone (and therefore if I'll play it or not) is the question I'm interested in!

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Why is everyone so obsessed in a Majora's Mask remake? Or just remakes in general!

remakes aren't whats going to sell systems, if Nintendo wants to pull a rabbit out of the hat, it's going to need some new and interesting IP's and games! People who want the Majora's Mask experience already have a game for that, it's called Majora's Mask!

I'm hoping to see more of the upcoming games Nintendo have been teasing us with! Bayonetta 2, "X" (what sort of name is that?), Smash Bro's and Hyrelulian warriors are high on my "very excite" list. Hopefully we actually get some more dammed info about these games! Release dates and full length game-play would be nice.

Hopefully looking into Nintendo's new, newer and lesser used IP's is on the E3 agenda. So many good franchises that have been left to dust lately :(. Let's see some Starfox, F-zero, Mother or other series that are just asking for a revise!

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I- Big Red Button's "Sonic Boom" will be on stage, showing what looks to be the best Sonic game in the last decade, possibly ever (I'm optimistic on this one). Visually impressive, some nice features, etc. Release date will be announced.
Uh, Unleashed, Colors, Sonic 4 Ep. II and Generations say hello?

Extremely unrealistic and optimistic E3 show:

- Starts talking about announced games that have had very little coverage, like Yarn Yoshi, Hyrule Warriors and Shin Megami TenseiXFire Emblem, showing small trailers of those three games, mostly gameplay trailers with little CGI bits thrown here and there for flash, except SMTXFE, that one should have A LOT of flashing CGI with beautiful animation.

- As Reggie's going to show some standard footage from Smash4WiiU's adventure mode, the lights suddenly go out and then turn a purple hue, the caption 'Villains are taking over Smash!' appears on-screen as three sets of glowing eyes appear from the darkness, two yellow dots step forward to reveal Hades, then the ominous reptilian eyes reveal Ridley, and then the bloodshot eyes reveal K.Rool, a trailer then being shown with them beating the **** out of their opponents, each character's theme song playing at their sections of the trailer, the trailer then ends with K.Rool and Ridley looking at the camera...

- Then the Retro Studios logo fades from black and it suddenly starts splitting apart like at the end of the first Smash4 trailer, the dust blowing off as we see two game logos with a 2015 on top, Donkey Kong Country - K.Rool's Revenge and Metroid - Rising. Rising being the first game on the series where Ridley's actually the final boss and main villain.

- They reveal a trailer for a new 3D Mario game, Super Mario 3D Universe, a succesor to both the 3D games and the Galaxy games.

- Hideki Kamiya walks on stage and talks about Bayonetta 2, giving a release date and talking about the next Starfox game developed by Platinum, set to release during early 2015. He also teases a W101 sequel, possibly for 2015-Q4.

- Ubisoft talks about Watch_Dogs Wii U and all the added features, like a Nintendo music station, several cameos and easter eggs hidden all around, and even the ability to have a Wii U Gamepad skin for your little PDA device. They also show a short trailer for the third game on the Rayman trilogy, being a Wii U exclusive (This time for real!).

- A trailer for Kid Icarus Wii U's shown, this time being developed by Next Level Games and parts of Project Sora, and speaking of NLG, they also tease the next Mario Strikers game with a picture of the charge ball from Mario Strikers Charged, a reflection of Mario visible on the ball as he kicks it towards the screen.

- The presentation ends with a huge, triumphant trailer for Zelda Wii U.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
A trademarked one

And to be fair X2 was amazing, even if the series has slowly lost a lot of it's luster since (the X3 games were still well worth playing though, not so much Rebirth).
"X" very much reminds me of the rock band "Live". Yeah the name is short, edgy and all, but search up "live band" and you'll never be able to find them. It's could even be worse with "X" considering what that means on the internet!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I love Live!

But yeah, when you're an X fan you quickly learn the subtitles to search for :p (X:BtF atleast, as that's the first one).

Monolith's Game will get a new name, whatever it is, partially because Egosoft will get prissy if they don't, and partially because of the search issues.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I feel like this might happen

But if ridley is playable

I feel mewtwo and ridley could be in the same trailer because they are both the most requested characters

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think Nintendo will put some time aside to speak about Smash Bros during their time on stage.
I think during that time we'll see a good trailer with a villains theme, similar as to how they've "invaded" the E shop.
Furthermore we still have plenty of vet villains yet to be reviled, perhaps they're being saved for E3.
There's Wolf, Meta Knight, Ganondorf, and Wario.
Also there is a handful of expected/ wanted/ or anticipated new comer villains such as Ridley and King K. Rool and to some extent Mewtwo.
E3 was huge for Smash last year and it'll be huge, maybe even larger then the year before.
Characters at Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool level of demand require a large platform to be announced at, just as Megaman was.
This would be the greatest.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Uh, Unleashed, Colors, Sonic 4 Ep. II and Generations say hello?

Extremely unrealistic and optimistic E3 show:

- Starts talking about announced games that have had very little coverage, like Yarn Yoshi, Hyrule Warriors and Shin Megami TenseiXFire Emblem, showing small trailers of those three games, mostly gameplay trailers with little CGI bits thrown here and there for flash, except SMTXFE, that one should have A LOT of flashing CGI with beautiful animation.

- As Reggie's going to show some standard footage from Smash4WiiU's adventure mode, the lights suddenly go out and then turn a purple hue, the caption 'Villains are taking over Smash!' appears on-screen as three sets of glowing eyes appear from the darkness, two yellow dots step forward to reveal Hades, then the ominous reptilian eyes reveal Ridley, and then the bloodshot eyes reveal K.Rool, a trailer then being shown with them beating the **** out of their opponents, each character's theme song playing at their sections of the trailer, the trailer then ends with K.Rool and Ridley looking at the camera...

- Then the Retro Studios logo fades from black and it suddenly starts splitting apart like at the end of the first Smash4 trailer, the dust blowing off as we see two game logos with a 2015 on top, Donkey Kong Country - K.Rool's Revenge and Metroid - Rising. Rising being the first game on the series where Ridley's actually the final boss and main villain.

- They reveal a trailer for a new 3D Mario game, Super Mario 3D Universe, a succesor to both the 3D games and the Galaxy games.

- Hideki Kamiya walks on stage and talks about Bayonetta 2, giving a release date and talking about the next Starfox game developed by Platinum, set to release during early 2015. He also teases a W101 sequel, possibly for 2015-Q4.

- Ubisoft talks about Watch_Dogs Wii U and all the added features, like a Nintendo music station, several cameos and easter eggs hidden all around, and even the ability to have a Wii U Gamepad skin for your little PDA device. They also show a short trailer for the third game on the Rayman trilogy, being a Wii U exclusive (This time for real!).

- A trailer for Kid Icarus Wii U's shown, this time being developed by Next Level Games and parts of Project Sora, and speaking of NLG, they also tease the next Mario Strikers game with a picture of the charge ball from Mario Strikers Charged, a reflection of Mario visible on the ball as he kicks it towards the screen.

- The presentation ends with a huge, triumphant trailer for Zelda Wii U.
"How to save Wii U"

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I hope the 3DS Version is better than brawl im pretty sure it will be.

Ugh.......really wish the WiiU version came out first.
Yeah, I wish the Wii U one kinda came out first too... I wanna unlock characters on the big screen surrounded by amazed friends instead of get the huge surprise on the small one. But really, this is the right move. More people who would've just gotten the Wii U version will buy a 3DS out of impatience. I know I wouldve done the same if I wasn't ganna get both anyway. But hey look at the bright side! Smash Bros this summer!!

E3 predictions! I still think we'll see Pac-Man, Miis, Wii U exclusive mode, custom moveset details, other customizable things, 3DS - Wii U connectivity details, other modes and stages, aaand no veterans! E3 will start out with Newcomer trailers, like last time. They gatta start out with a bang! It's E3! Everythings grabbing your attention from the first second! You think they'll start with items? It made sense to announce Greninja at the end of the direct cause they had a lot to cover including veterans because they tied into announcements like no more transformations, and they needed a strong closer to get ya hype! Smash Run was interesting, but not everyone cared. Greninja got us running to yell our favorite parts at each other! If they showed Greninja at the beginning then we might not have focused to the rest of the info for a few minutes. Thats why the direct was so great presentation-wise! So for E3, I think we'll see Mii and Pac-Man trailers, and then some gameplay as they elaborate on modes and things, and maybe show off another newcomer? I doubt it though just cause... 8 is a good amount of newcomers. Its a bunch, its an even number, and it leaves a good number more to unlock! (I think 6 more)
So yeah.

Other E3 predictions? Um. Maybe a Zelda Wii U game finally, definitely more Kingdom Hearts 3 details, umm... I dunno! They'd really surprise me with a new Megaman game XD It would have to be really good though, I dont think people would support anything Megaman-related from Capcom unless it was perfection at this point :p

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Man I wish I could hibernate until E3. The wait is killing me.

In terms of Smash, I think we'll get a 3-4 minute trailer and a 10 minute developees direct.

For Nintendo, I'll be back with my thoughts as I'm on my phone.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
This was bugging me for a while because the said game could have already been in development months before but I really wonder if it's paper mario. So, does this means we could see a new paper mario game announced for wiiu this e3?
Certainly possible if you ask me. Out of the new possible WiiU games, to me its chances are second only to Animal Crossing U.

Showmethesmash

Smash Rookie
I'm not too sure how realistic everyone may or may not find these to be, but I've a mind that they are (for the most part) fair possibilities at this years E3. This list is going to be Nintendo-centric:

- Nintendo confirms to be returning to a live press-event format. A part of this is admittedly the fan in me knowing that their software would bring excitement regardless, but I do believe the live audience reactions further influence not only the post-show press hype, but also to the majority that will be watching live through the streamed event. On the other hand, going with the Direct presentation allows for a more smooth presentation overall, along with something that would provide more time for information as well.

- The Legend of Zelda for the Wii U is revealed. I do believe this game is going to be Nintendo's closing act, and if it is anything akin to the premiere reveal of Twilight Princess, we are in for a treat. Confirmed for a 2015 release.

- Nintendo will finally pull the curtain and reveal the Majora's Mask remake. Whether it be for 3DS or Wii-U, I don't care, I just want my Majora's Mask (though seeing it re-imagined in HD would make me melt).

- A new 3D Mario game for the Wii U is announced. It will be more of a Super Mario: Galaxy type experience, with perhaps a little to be shown, slated for a 2015 release.

- Miyamoto will reveal his new I.P. It has been stated by the man himself that for the past few years, this game has been occupying quite a bit of his time. What it could be exactly is anyone's guess, but I would like to believe that it is something at least on the level of Pikmin, in terms of making the attempt to branch out a new character / series, and not something like Wii Music.

- Retro Studio's will announce their new project. The studio had confirmed that in November of 2013, prior to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze's release, development of their new game had been started. The most popular assumption is that they have once again been given the helm of the Metroid franchise, but we really don't know (personally, while I do believe they are the best known studio for Metroid, I wouldn't be opposed to see them tackle something like Starfox, or their own new I.P.).

-Monolith Soft will showcase a new trailer for X, further revealing what the game is like, some story elements, and an official title. At minimum, a release window will be announced, if not a release date. Shulk will also be revealed either along side their game, or it will create some kind of segway for him to be revealed in SSB4's presentation.

- Continuing with Monolith Soft, I believe they will additionally reveal the 3DS title that they have been developing as well. I'm guessing it will remain in the J-RPG genre, having to do much with fantasy-like elements and what-have-you.

- Atlus's Shin-Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is revealed with a game play and story trailer, and an announced release date.

- Yoshi Yarn is given a game play trailer, revealing a beautifully crafted game and a release date.

- Super Smash Bros. information to be revealed, and a new trailer. I'm going to say 4 - 5 newcomers (Shulk, King K. Rool, Chrom, Palutena and a 3rd party) along with a few returning veterans (with what I believe will be a fairly strong presence for the Legend of Zelda franchise at E3, Ganondorf comes to mind just for representation of said franchise, and if any newcomer is to be revealed from Zelda, this E3 conference is probably the best chance to do so), and the rest we'll have to find out upon release. The 3DS iteration will have its Summer release date announced, while the Wii-U's iteration will have its month elaborated upon. Inter-connectivity between the two versions will be briefly explained, as well as other specifics such as online modes, etc. I do believe we will get a full timed match as well.

- The recently trademarked " Project S.T.E.A.M." will be revealed with a trailer, and will be Nintendo's attempt at getting their own high-caliber FPS.

- Platinum Games will showcase the final trailer for their upcoming Bayonetta 2, and will have a firm release date given. The studio / Hideki Kamiya will also announce a new game that they are developing, and while it may not be Wii-U exclusive, it will release on the Wii-U (unless a further partnership came about with Nintendo, and something like Platinum Games Starfox does come to fruition).

- Tecmo Koei's "Hyrule Warriors" collaboration is given a new trailer, with an official title and release date confirmed. In addition, the newley announced Fatal Frame 4 for the Wii-U will also receive its premiere trailer (it will look great) and be announced to release internationally.

- Ubisoft will mention how well Watch Dog's has been on other consoles, and will proceed to brief upon (with game play) what new features and functionalities the Wii-U version will be receiving.

- Square Enix will reveal a new Bravely Default 2 trailer while briefing upon its unexpected success in the West, confirming international release's. One or two things Dragon Quest related will be revealed for Wii-U and 3DS respectively, and perhaps a remake or sequel to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Kingdom Hearts 3 will be confirmed for Wii-U.

- Big Red Button's "Sonic Boom" will be on stage, showing what looks to be the best Sonic game in the last decade, possibly ever (I'm optimistic on this one). Visually impressive, some nice features, etc. Release date will be announced.

- Sega will proceed to announce their new Sonic game as well (perhaps Sonic Adventure 3 solely for inducing hype?). It will be released on Wii-U, in addition to the other consoles, and will be slated for a next-year release.

- Nintendo will announce a few additional 3rd party games to come to the Wii-U in the future (such as Kingdom Hearts 3, maybe Destiny. . . I don't know). There will likely be announcements I expect from studio's I've not listed such Level-5, etc. As with all of the companies (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft), one or two (big) notable surprises aren't beyond expectation either, and I genuinely do believe that this E3 (overall) may be the best one in a long time, and could be something special for many fans of "the big 3", especially Nintendo.
Wow, retro doing star fox.... You just blew my mind. If they show all that there will be a few more happy wii u owners getting around. Hope u are wrong about showing palutena though.... Would be Sakurai admitting defeat. We know she is in, leave her hidden and keep everyone guessing.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Still Think Nintendo should get a Main Pokémon game, a great Animal Crossing game, and a original Online-focusing shooter (first party) on the Wii-U. New Leaf was a very big deal, and people have wanted a main Pkmn game for a console since forever, and it would undoubtebly move some systems. And a well made FPS with that Nintendo magic could work very well with all the generic shooters we're getting (that sells like hell).

In fact, I expect at least one of those Three things to be announced at E3. ^^

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If we get to E3 with no ridley potd i would not be surpised what so ever if ridleys fate was shown im sure on playable (just 70% not getting my hopes up) and mewtwo will probably be shown too (because mewtwo is the most requested above ridley and get this mewtwo premoted something yet again this time one of the happy meal toys at mcdonalds for x and y)
Pac-man (the s flag and galaga fighters and bringing more hype than we think speaks for itself)

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Ok, heres an idea for the next mario 3d game that will be shown at E3.

Intro movie: Peach is outside of her castle and all the toads are helping her renovate it. You can see toads carrying new paintings inside of the castle and taking out old ones. Mario is helping to fix the plumbing in the basement after all the water got drained from the moat in Mario 64. Bowser takes advantage of this and captures peach and takes over the castle. Mario sees the aftermath of Bowsers attack and theres a note.

Dear, Mario
I FINALLY GOT THAT SLICE OF CAKE I WANTED [smg2 reference] AND THE PRINCESS IS MAKING IT FOR ME!!!
yours truly- -
Bowser

Camera pans up to show "Super Mario U"

Trailer of new levels via the new paintings and then old levels like bob-omb battlefield are still there.

Basically a mix of Super Mario 64 and a new game.

I want this is E3 so badly.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Meta Knight = Mewtwo: The dark, mysterious, brooding, and morally ambiguous character. Super strong, super cool.
Pit = Palutena: The Kid Icarus rep.
ZSS = Ridley: The Metroid rep who interrupts the fight with a slick (and perhaps unexpected) reveal. Fangasms are had.
Wario = Mii: The quirky, humorous character who breaks the cool character combo and reminds us that this is Smash.
Snake = Pac-Man: The third-party rep.
Yes please. All of this.

This is my wet dream. If all of that happened, i would die of ecstasy.

Top Bottom