• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think the truth of the matter is you're being blinded by desire. Like it or not, Sega are doing well enough to spend $140 million on acquisitions, and are in a year-over-year profit margin of 20%. You're speculating that the dismissal of staff is down to finances - that is evidently not the case. Staff may have left/been sacked for any multitude of reasons, none of which can be called a definitive representation of financial woe. Sega are fine. As for your talk of Nintendo's relationship with Sega - dude, Sega's sales on the Wii U suck. Seriously. Sonic Lost World only sold 640k in 2013. Even ignoring sales you Sega's Sonic line isn't even defensible in innovation standards - they've been producing the same damn games they have for years with little use of the gamepad. Sega are an expensive and senseless purchase - nevermind one Sega have no need to consent to given their financial situation. Platinum are your best bet - they want purchasing and their games aren't stale. They use the gamepad. Not to mention they've brought a smash-hit game sequel exclusively to Wii U as Bayonetta. There's as much chance of Sega being their next acquisition as their is of Ubisoft taking the same spot.
Source?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I'm still working on my e3 prediction roster, but I've also got finals to worry about, so I'll be back with my prediction list sometime next week

Dude, I'm just stating the facts, its not solely about finances, if you don't like it, then take your Anti-SEGA bias somewhere else! because you're not going far enough to prove it as impossible.
Anti...Sega...saying they aren't dying...is anti sega.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Posted in the message previous to that one mate. :)
Found it on google- they don't want to be bought out, but are more than okay with developing exclusively for Nintendo and being second party. That's an idea i can get behind.
And make sweet, sweet love to.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Found it on google- they don't want to be bought out, but are more than okay with developing exclusively for Nintendo and being second party. That's an idea i can get behind.
And make sweet, sweet love to.
I'd love to see Nintendo formalize their relationship more securely and nurture Platinum as a developer. I truly believe they're one of the most innovative and talented teams going today and deserve to have Nintendo backing them to the hilt. What I wouldn't give for a sequel to Wonderful 101, and Platinum's take on Starfox...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'd love to see Nintendo formalize their relationship more securely and nurture Platinum as a developer. I truly believe they're one of the most innovative and talented teams going today and deserve to have Nintendo backing them to the hilt. What I wouldn't give for a sequel to Wonderful 101, and Platinum's take on Starfox...
I love to see them take on Starfox. Them or Retro. Whatever Retro touches is gold. Actual gold. My copy of DKC:TF was actually just a chunk of gold. I jest.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I love to see them take on Starfox. Them or Retro. Whatever Retro touches is gold. Actual gold. My copy of DKC:TF was actually just a chunk of gold. I jest.
Retro are fantastic too. I think I'd prefer to see them on Metroid, mind - Platinum are at their best when their leaning towards zany, and I think they could put a better spin on a new Starfox given their approach to humor within games. I laughed the whole way through Wonderful 101, it was magnificent. Starfox could do with that touch, in my opinion. I'd like to see Retro being some darkness and foreboding to a new Metroid - something with emotional resonance.

D

Deleted member

Retro can revive any Nintendo franchise and I know it will be good, as for Platinum, good god! Please make a Wonderful 101 sequel

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I will agree that 3D World was a little disappointing, I mean it took till October for the game to look decent but I think mario kart 8 did make up for that (it's freaking gorgeous)
Im actually really hyped for MK8 it looks great i thik it will be the best MK since Double Dash.

Really hope they bring back Diddy/Petey/King Boo

MK7 Roster was atrociously bad.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
They don't have to be bankrupt, Nintendo and SEGA have been all buddy-buddy for years, and they're not doing too well lately tbh, they've been firing workers for quite some time.
I really dont wanna be rude but please dont spam this thread with that stuff.....i like this thread and i see it growing as we get closer.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Im actually really hyped for MK8 it looks great i thik it will be the best MK since Double Dash.

Really hope they bring back Diddy/Petey/King Boo

MK7 Roster was atrociously bad.
There are apparently 30 characters 3 which we haven't seen yet and I hope they'll be diddy, bowser jr and birdo

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
You keep saying that
So? It's true - why would Nintendo make another character reveal right before E3, when they can surprise the heck out of everyone with some newcomers and veterans alike at the conference? It's common sense - I don't see a new reveal at all until E3, and if we do get one, you can be damn sure it'll be a veteran.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So? It's true - why would Nintendo make another character reveal right before E3, when they can surprise the heck out of everyone with some newcomers and veterans alike at the conference? It's common sense - I don't see a new reveal at all until E3, and if we do get one, you can be damn sure it'll be a veteran.
Only time will tell

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What time on the video, I ain't watching 60 minutes.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I think they might reveal C. Falcon alongside Ganon to show differences, and probably two newcomers.
As for May, maybe a vet; Ness or Jigglypuff, if either is returning. Not counting on a reveal, though.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What time on the video, I ain't watching 60 minutes.
this is the roster........so dry.....

3 unlockable are probaly Baby Rosalina, Gold Mario and That peice of **** bumble bee.........so bad.........hope smash is better.....i doubt it.....
Screenshot_2014-04-28-23-35-56.png

So dissapointed.........wow...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I get the sneaking suspicion that Nintendo will try DLC with MK8. Whether that's a good thing or not is another question.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

3 unlockable are probaly Baby Rosalina, Gold Mario and That peice of **** bumble bee.........so bad.........hope smash is better.....i doubt it.....
View attachment 13165

>no funky kong
dropped

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I at least got a start with my E3 Predictions list. It's not finished yet, but here's what I have so far

Newcomers

Shulk
Chrom
Krystal
PacMan

Veterans

Falco
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

View attachment 13165

We aren't expecting the roster to expand as the characters are unlocked?

*Looks at roster*

No Dry Bones. :/

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

View attachment 13165

Dude full rosters shown some of them probably have to be unlocked besides thats only a rumored final roster i mean its still possible 3 maybe 4 more boxes get added

(To define a little better we saw the brawl final roster could we tell who had to be unlocked or not before starting to show which characters have to be unlcoked)

Oh ps for one of them
Theres a rumor that diddy kong is one of them from a spanish magazine

D

Deleted member

View attachment 13165

I agree that the roster is pretty bland, but that means that Smash 4's roster must also be bland?

LOGIC

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
E3 spoilers:

Every character you don't want with a decent shot at being playable will be confirmed.

You will cry your eyes out until you realize they're actually awesome.

Basically, Miis and Pac-Man will be confirmed.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
E3 spoilers:

Every character you don't want with a decent shot at being playable will be confirmed.

You will cry your eyes out until you realize they're actually awesome.

Basically, Miis and Pac-Man will be confirmed.
Eh, I can stand Pac-Man as long as Snake returns, it's more like Chrom and Miis for me.

Sonsa

Smash Champion

View attachment 13165

Why don't they put Dr. Mario in XD
But really, only Mario Kart game I played was Double Dash, but sis and I are interested in MK8. Are King Boo and Piranha Plant guy not cool anymore? And where's Diddy? Or Birdo? Or Bowser Jr? Hm. Well for E3! Even though I don't know much about recent Mario Kart stuff, I wanna predict Nabbit, ...Cranky Kong...?, and um... hell, I dunno, Baby Dr. Metal Mario. What's with this order too? Bowser should be next to his Koopalings and Toad should be next to Toadette and Yoshi aughta be next to Shy Guy! Oh well.

Top Bottom