• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Not to be ungreatful but Nintys last E3 was pretty dry imo.....was hoping for a sequal to SM64 or Sunshine......
And the Smash trailer was average but ofc super hyped i really hope this E3 is better im super excited for it.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Not to be ungreatful but Nintys last E3 was pretty dry imo.....was hoping for a sequal to SM64 or Sunshine......
And the Smash trailer was average but ofc super hyped i really hope this E3 is better im super excited for it.
I will agree that 3D World was a little disappointing, I mean it took till October for the game to look decent but I think mario kart 8 did make up for that (it's freaking gorgeous)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Uh, Unleashed, Colors, Sonic 4 Ep. II and Generations say hello?

Extremely unrealistic and optimistic E3 show:

- Starts talking about announced games that have had very little coverage, like Yarn Yoshi, Hyrule Warriors and Shin Megami TenseiXFire Emblem, showing small trailers of those three games, mostly gameplay trailers with little CGI bits thrown here and there for flash, except SMTXFE, that one should have A LOT of flashing CGI with beautiful animation.

- As Reggie's going to show some standard footage from Smash4WiiU's adventure mode, the lights suddenly go out and then turn a purple hue, the caption 'Villains are taking over Smash!' appears on-screen as three sets of glowing eyes appear from the darkness, two yellow dots step forward to reveal Hades, then the ominous reptilian eyes reveal Ridley, and then the bloodshot eyes reveal K.Rool, a trailer then being shown with them beating the **** out of their opponents, each character's theme song playing at their sections of the trailer, the trailer then ends with K.Rool and Ridley looking at the camera...

- Then the Retro Studios logo fades from black and it suddenly starts splitting apart like at the end of the first Smash4 trailer, the dust blowing off as we see two game logos with a 2015 on top, Donkey Kong Country - K.Rool's Revenge and Metroid - Rising. Rising being the first game on the series where Ridley's actually the final boss and main villain.

- They reveal a trailer for a new 3D Mario game, Super Mario 3D Universe, a succesor to both the 3D games and the Galaxy games.

- Hideki Kamiya walks on stage and talks about Bayonetta 2, giving a release date and talking about the next Starfox game developed by Platinum, set to release during early 2015. He also teases a W101 sequel, possibly for 2015-Q4.

- Ubisoft talks about Watch_Dogs Wii U and all the added features, like a Nintendo music station, several cameos and easter eggs hidden all around, and even the ability to have a Wii U Gamepad skin for your little PDA device. They also show a short trailer for the third game on the Rayman trilogy, being a Wii U exclusive (This time for real!).

- A trailer for Kid Icarus Wii U's shown, this time being developed by Next Level Games and parts of Project Sora, and speaking of NLG, they also tease the next Mario Strikers game with a picture of the charge ball from Mario Strikers Charged, a reflection of Mario visible on the ball as he kicks it towards the screen.

- The presentation ends with a huge, triumphant trailer for Zelda Wii U.
Someone give this guy a Golden Donut!

I would love ALL these ideas, even if they're a bit hopeful.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm sure this E3 will be great for Nintendo. They do have plenty in the works.

Smash Bros U
Smash Bros 3DS
Zelda for Wii-U
Retro's new Game
Miyamoto's new IP
Yarn Yoshi
SMT x FE
X
Bayonetta
Sonic Boom

Plus much more. And of course, hidden titles. It will be a good conferance. I just hope they do have a conferance this time, haha.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm sure this E3 will be great for Nintendo. They do have plenty in the works.

Smash Bros U
Smash Bros 3DS
Zelda for Wii-U
Retro's new Game
Miyamoto's new IP
Yarn Yoshi
SMT x FE
X
Bayonetta

Plus much more. And of course, hidden titles. It will be a good conferance. I just hope they do have a conferance this time, haha.
Don't forget about Sonic Boom, which is Nintendo exclusive.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That is true. The developers did say we'll see more of it at E3. Can't wait for that either~

Especially sice that means there'll totally be a reveal for a second Sonic character for Smash, right? ;)

Just messing with ya.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The answer to life the universe and everything... or at least "how many days until E3"?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That is true. The developers did say we'll see more of it at E3. Can't wait for that either~

Especially sice that means there'll totally be a reveal for a second Sonic character for Smash, right? ;)

Just messing with ya.
(If I had a dollar every time I'm told something like that)
Ok, I'll bite. I really shouldn't be doing this, but here goes.

I know that things are looking grim for representation of the Sonic franchise, and I know that a second Sonic representative is not likely, but what is likely is Nintendo buying SEGA, which is something that most people would expect to be made official at E3. In fact, they may have already done it. And I know that Nintendo buying SEGA won't change anything as far as Sonic representatives go, because the game is too far in development. But if we had any third party franchise getting multiple characters by sheer dumb luck, it would be the Sonic franchise anyway.

Regardless, I still don't think the chances of a second sonic rep reveal are very high at E3 no matter how much I want it.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, is my body ready for E3???

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You keep saying it is very likely that Nintendo will buy Sega, but the only thing I've gotten exlained for that is because of one single person on YouTube talking about that. :/ Any other reason it is 'very likely'? IF it was likely, then yes, E3 would be a good time to reveal it.
I doubt Smash would have more than one Sonic rep even if Nintendo bought them. But anyways, I was kidding, you really don't have to be so serious about that all the time.

Also, lol, Reggie Hulk.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You keep saying it is very likely that Nintendo will buy Sega, but the only thing I've gotten exlained for that is because of one single person on YouTube talking about that. :/ Any other reason it is 'very likely'? IF it was likely, then yes, E3 would be a good time to reveal it.
I doubt Smash would have more than one Sonic rep even if Nintendo bought them. But anyways, I was kidding, you really don't have to be so serious about that all the time.
But the guy in the video made a lot of good points

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
But the guy in the video made a lot of good points
They Always do. But it doesn't change the fact that it's One random guy on YouTube. ^^

Anyways, Sonic Boom. I gess we'll get a Demo on the show floor. I wonder what th reactions will be.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I know that things are looking grim for representation of the Sonic franchise, and I know that a second Sonic representative is not likely, but what is likely is Nintendo buying SEGA, which is something that most people would expect to be made official at E3. In fact, they may have already done it.

Project Diva F 2nd was only just released for PS3 and Vita, and will likely have DLC for months yet. Alien Isolation is coming out for every other home console barr Wii U. If you want to talk about companies being bought out choose one that isn't making big games for other companies right now (with release dates even)...

At this point I would say Rare are more likely than a Sega buy-out, and that's just because they've not announced anything right now for any console despite their hints about Battletoads.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Expecting a Sonic newcomer lol
Any Nintendo owned character has more priority than any second 3rd party char from an already represented company

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
>Expecting a Sonic newcomer lol
Any Nintendo owned character has more priority than any second 3rd party char from an already represented company
We were talking about when/if Nintendo buys SEGA, which to be on topic is something likely to be made official at E3 rather than a direct

D

Deleted member

We were talking about when/if Nintendo buys SEGA, which to be on topic is something likely to be made official at E3 rather than a direct
The game is too far in development, if they did buy Sega, we could expect 1 more in the next game, I don't want this to become SEGA X Nintendo

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I get the feeling that practically everybody here is going to be disappointed by E3. For example, Retro's workers were leaving in droves because they didn't want to get stuck with Metroid forever and OM lead designer or whatever is still in control of Metroid. Or how console Pokemon and Animal Crossing games do horribly.

Really, I don't think I could find a single wishlist here that hasn't already been blown appart by what Nintendo's said and other facts.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
The game is too far in development, if they did buy Sega, we could expect 1 more in the next game, I don't want this to become SEGA X Nintendo
IF nintendo does by sega, huge emphasis on if, 1 sonic character every smash game is enough, tails in 4/5, knuckles in 5/6 etc

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
They don't have to be bankrupt, Nintendo and SEGA have been all buddy-buddy for years, and they're not doing too well lately tbh, they've been firing workers for quite some time.
Sega are doing just fine. Nintendo have no need to buy Sega because frankly, they have one or two successful franchises and a slew of dross. If it were feasible that Nintendo might transition Total War and Football Manager onto the gamepad then perhaps it'd be a more desirable acquisition - as it is, Sega are a big spend for a few decent franchises and a few more needing major work to fit onto the Wii U. There are companies that are a far more likely and far more sensible buy for a company currently making a loss - Nintendo are likely to snap up more indie developers and small companies if they truly intend to focus on acquisitions. They're not going to splurge a ton of money on a company like Sega no matter what 'some dude on YouTube' may say on the matter. Nintendo need to make a couple of indie/small time acquisitions as they did with Monolith and nurture them. Platinum would be a good buy to see. Sega just wouldn't.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
They don't have to be bankrupt, Nintendo and SEGA have been all buddy-buddy for years, and they're not doing too well lately tbh, they've been firing workers for quite some time.
They aren't just gonna sell their company for no reason

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Tecmo Koei are buddy buddy with Nintendo too, more so even... I can't blame you for wanting Sega and Nintendno to be friends, but Sega are not ready to look at mergers...

Square Enix, Tecmo Koei and Sega are all likely to create a strong relationship with Nintendo this gen (they are the only console space with sales in Japan), but none of them are in the aquisition or merger range at this stage... stop deluding yourself.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Tecmo Koei are buddy buddy with Nintendo too, more so even... I can't blame you for wanting Sega and Nintendno to be friends, but Sega are not ready to look at mergers...

Square Enix, Tecmo Koei and Sega are all likely to create a strong relationship with Nintendo this gen (they are the only console space with sales in Japan), but none of them are in the aquisition or merger range at this stage... stop deluding yourself.
Exactly. As I said, I see small acquisitions being more of a likelihood - promising indies and up-and-coming developers. Nintendo have never been a company to splurge a ton of money on acquisitions - they've always bought while they're cheap and showing promise, a la Monolith. I see a Platinum buyout (Platinum themselves have stated they'd love to be second-party Nintendo developers) in order to keep their support. They're the only company who've truly innovated and used the gamepad in a full game since it's conception (excluding Ubisoft's Zombi-U.) and would be a wise purchase. Beyond that I see them searching for new talent and snapping up promising studios while they're still affordable. Think of Nintendo's current financial situation this way - if you'd saved up a thousand bucks and suddenly lost your job, you probably wouldn't consider it an appropriate time to buy yourself a new car.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
No, they're not doing just fine. They have been firing workers over a course of many years, that is not "just fine!" Quit spreading that rubbish!!!
Lots of game companies lately have fired workers. And really, you are spreading a LOT more than anyone else here. ^^

Anyways, back to E3. Do we know the exact dates for any Company yet?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/1/5054296/sega-2014-fiscal-half-year-earnings

They're up in profits for the beginning of this year by almost 20 percent, and have just finished a $140 dollar acquisition.

Yeah, they're dying man.
That does not cover for losing employees, you're only trying to disprove one of many reasons for Nintendo buying SEGA. You need to understand that Nintendo and SEGA have great ties with each other, and many of SEGA's games of late (not just Sonic) have been Nintendo exclusive. So yes, you need to quit spreading garbage

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
That does not cover for losing employees, you're only trying to disprove one of many reasons for Nintendo buying SEGA. You need to understand that Nintendo and SEGA have great ties with each other, and many of SEGA's games of late (not just Sonic) have been Nintendo exclusive. So yes, you need to quit spreading garbage
You just want more Sonic reps, don't you.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can we stick to E3 instead of trying to predict business acquisitions?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
You need to understand that Nintendo and SEGA have great ties with each other, and many of SEGA's games of late (not just Sonic) have been Nintendo exclusive
Which ones?

If there are any acquisitions I expect we'll see them at E3, but Sega will not be one of them.

Platinum, or maybe some of the Kickstarter generation... Rare is pretty much the only 'big' name that I could see Niintendo even considering given their low net and high popularity with Nintendo fans, and that'd need Microsoft to give a reasonable price (something they probably won't do).

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I think the truth of the matter is you're being blinded by desire. Like it or not, Sega are doing well enough to spend $140 million on acquisitions, and are in a year-over-year profit margin of 20%. You're speculating that the dismissal of staff is down to finances - that is evidently not the case. Staff may have left/been sacked for any multitude of reasons, none of which can be called a definitive representation of financial woe. Sega are fine. As for your talk of Nintendo's relationship with Sega - dude, Sega's sales on the Wii U suck. Seriously. Sonic Lost World only sold 640k in 2013. Even ignoring sales you Sega's Sonic line isn't even defensible in innovation standards - they've been producing the same damn games they have for years with little use of the gamepad. Sega are an expensive and senseless purchase - nevermind one Sega have no need to consent to given their financial situation. Platinum are your best bet - they want purchasing and their games aren't stale. They use the gamepad. Not to mention they've brought a smash-hit game sequel exclusively to Wii U as Bayonetta. There's as much chance of Sega being their next acquisition as their is of Ubisoft taking the same spot.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm still working on my e3 prediction roster, but I've also got finals to worry about, so I'll be back with my prediction list sometime next week
I think the truth of the matter is you're being blinded by desire.
Dude, I'm just stating the facts, its not solely about finances, if you don't like it, then take your Anti-SEGA bias somewhere else! because you're not going far enough to prove it as impossible.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I'm still working on my e3 prediction roster, but I've also got finals to worry about, so I'll be back with my prediction list sometime next week

Dude, I'm just stating the facts, its not solely about finances, if you don't like it, then take your Anti-SEGA bias somewhere else! because you're not going far enough to prove it as impossible.
You have no idea what you're talking about - you're being speculative without foundation. Make a topic about it and I'll continue to show you that speculation from 'some dude on YouTube' means absolutely bugger all. Until then I suggest you stop derailing this topic.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Nintendo can't afford to buy out SEGA, 'cos that money's already budgeted for buying out Capcom, Square Enix, Tecmo Koei, Namco Bandai, Rare, Sony and Disney :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom