• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
What if leakerbros actually worked for retro, made this gigantic lie about smash to get people pay attention to him, all in the hope to hype people of a star tropics reboot?

Look at the guys last post. It seems odd, really odd. Someone else brought this up, and it got me thinking

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I do expect another Mario rep because of that Mario stage. Namely because every new stage thus far has had some sort newcomer attached to it.
Living Room, Find Mii, Tomodachi Life stage, Balloon Fight, Pyrosphere, Garden of Hope, Windy Hill, Pilotwings. Three of those could have Mii with them, but...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Living Room, Find Mii, Tomodachi Life stage, Balloon Fight, Pyrosphere, Garden of Hope, Windy Hill, Pilotwings. Three of those could have Mii with them, but...
Pyrosphere is Ridley if playable, Garden of Hope is clearly Olimar's since it was revealed with him. Windy Hill is Sonic's since revealed with him. Balloon Fight is argued to be R.O.B's new home stage. The others are easily Mii.

polonight

Smash Journeyman
Miis may not be out of the equation, plus most of these have been basically been deconfirmed. If Miis were in I would kill someone if their moveset didn't come from Tomodachi Life.

AT for Living Room, Villigar for Balloon Fight, Olimar for Garden of Hope (Winged). Windy hill I assume is sonic's new stage, and Pyrosphere could be in for ZSS. The amount of Pit Icarus stages makes me think we will see a newcomer from them but since none of these stages have not been revealed 1 week before E3 I feel their newcomers wont be revealed.

The only exception being Miis because they are freaking everywhere and I could see them being announced at E3 if they are in.

EDIT: I would love for a Nintendog to be a playable character just because of the hilarity of seeing Link & Samus being chased and killed by a puppy.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Pyrosphere is Ridley if playable, Garden of Hope is clearly Olimar's since it was revealed with him. Windy Hill is Sonic's since revealed with him. Balloon Fight is argued to be R.O.B's new home stage. The others are easily Mii.
You said every new stage had some sort of newcomer to go along with it. That's what I was getting at.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I found this in the "Funny SSB4 Picture Captions" thread.

EDIT: Well, this was posted in the wrong thread. I feel stupid now.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It'd be more fitting here. This place is just for E3 leaks/rumors.
Oh, crap. I posted this in the wrong thread. Darn it. Well, now I see why Gameboi was confused.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
It's generally best to assume all leaks are fake until proven otherwise.
Well, thing is, the trend among fighting game leaks in recent years is that:

A.) They've all come in one big leak, not steadily across multiple ones.
B.) They listed everything on the roster by name; none of this vague crap.
C.) Most of them were released not long (a month to days) before the origin game was.
D.) Any inaccuracies genuinely attributed to time constraints, a lack of first/second/third party support or, sometimes, both.

Honestly, any leak that does not fit the first three criteria (all in one piece, listed accurately, within a month or less of release) should immediately be cast into skepticism, no matter what kind of evidence it has to prove it otherwise accurate. That includes the Gematsu Leak.

Based on the information we have, we shouldn't be taking any leaks seriously 'til we have an official release date from Nintendo and it's down to around a month or less, and even then should take them all with a grain of salt.

Yet, y'know, here we are.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Gosh i love that leakerbro rumor so much. It's got characters I don't want at all. But it does have characters I want EXTREMELY bad. Everyone is happy.

Then he shot himself with a Geno sized bullet

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
So I know the leak may be fake, and probably is, but come on I can't be the only one that thinks Sakurai would totally put Geno in the game. I mean the more people say Geno would never happen, the more I think he might. I can honestly say if I was playing smash bros. and got Geno as an incoming challenger I would be more surprised and excited then I have been for any other hidden character, simply because i never really thought it was possible he would be in it in the first place.

But hey that's just me, either way I hope the 57 character roster is real.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
But hey that's just me, either way I hope the 57 character roster is real.
Thing is, the only possible scenarios I could imagine where we get a 57+ character roster is if Sakurai knows 100% for sure this is going to be his last Smash, either by choice or by force, and wants to go out with a bang and not a Gematsu-level whimper, or Nintendo was willing to give him more time and resources to expand upon the game more than originally intended.

Honestly, it would be a great way to bring in as many people as possible to purchase the Wii U, which is kinda something they need to do. I'm sure the Mario Kart 8 more than doubling Wii U sales definitely helped, but Smash could definitely do with making a larger impact.

Having said that, I'm just as skeptical as anyone else here. :p

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Thing is, the only possible scenarios I could imagine where we get a 57+ character roster is if Sakurai knows 100% for sure this is going to be his last Smash, either by choice or by force, and wants to go out with a bang and not a Gematsu-level whimper, or Nintendo was willing to give him more time and resources to expand upon the game more than originally intended.

Honestly, it would be a great way to bring in as many people as possible to purchase the Wii U, which is kinda something they need to do. I'm sure the Mario Kart 8 more than doubling Wii U sales definitely helped, but Smash could definitely do with making a larger impact.

Having said that, I'm just as skeptical as anyone else here. :p

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
51-53 characters is what I'm expecting.
Funny how things turn out, since back when the game was announced, people were adamant that we wouldn't be seeing a roster greater than 45, and that was after lots of cuts. It just seemed way too crazy for them to grasp!

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Funny how things turn out, since back when the game was announced, people were adamant that we wouldn't be seeing a roster greater than 45, and that was after lots of cuts. It just seemed way too crazy for them to grasp!
Well, we have traditionally gotten an increase of 13 or 14.

39 + 13 or 14 = 52 or 53

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Well, we have traditionally gotten an increase of 13 or 14.

39 + 13 or 14 = 52 or 53
I hope you're not implying that Sakurai has a pattern. Remember what happened to the last guy?

Anyway, I was referring to back when the game was first announced, when people were debating on how much the roster would increase. Most people insisted that the roster wouldn't reach over 45, and that was WITH roster cuts. Cutting all the last minute additions, questionable returners and semi-clones - Lucas, Wolf, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Lucario and Ike - made it 39 - 7 = 32 + 13 or 14 = 45 / 46.

What did you think I was referring to?

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Takamaru, possibly K. Rool, Ridley, Robin, Mewtwo, ISAAC... and now Geno?! Why do you do this to me, LeakerBro, why do you taunt me with your beautiful fake roster like this D8 *despairs*

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't go too nuts with the roster size. Remember when the Brawl roster came and no-one believed it because it was "too small"? And that it didn't have sexy blue fox in it?

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
It seems no one believes Leakerbro anway, so it's kind of pointless to beat a dead horse. However, for those with amnesia, last year in the few days just before E3 there was a guy on NeoGaf who absolutely swore that we would be seeing a StarTropics reboot done by Retro studios among some other garbage. E3 passed, and he was banned. For the few who are even considering the possibility that this is true, I think it's safe to say it's the same guy.

Or maybe his information was just a year late. ("Kind of like Sal, right?". Shut up).

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
It seems no one believes Leakerbro anway, so it's kind of pointless to beat a dead horse.
Most of the people don't believe the LeakerBro Leak, but everyone's been pretending they do to see how many times he'd shoot himself in the foot.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If by some off chance that Geno shows up at E3.

I still wouldn't take it as LeakerBros being right.

Sakurai always does play catch up with the wants of the fanbase a little late.

It's one of his faults as a developer.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I can see it happening.

*Ken wins Invitational*

*Sakurai appears on stage*

Ken: What are you gonna do Sakurai? Play as a newcomer? Who? Pacman, Mii, Ridley?

Sakurai: No

*What appears to be garden gnomes come falling from the ceiling of the venue*

As the audience is screaming, one person in the audience shouts "This is Geno!"

Cheers are heard from the audience. But those cheers are slowly being silenced by the falling Genos knocking out the attendees.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I hope you're not implying that Sakurai has a pattern. Remember what happened to the last guy?

Anyway, I was referring to back when the game was first announced, when people were debating on how much the roster would increase. Most people insisted that the roster wouldn't reach over 45, and that was WITH roster cuts. Cutting all the last minute additions, questionable returners and semi-clones - Lucas, Wolf, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Lucario and Ike - made it 39 - 7 = 32 + 13 or 14 = 45 / 46.

What did you think I was referring to?
well actually before the direct most people counted zero suit samus/samus and zelda/sheik and pokemon trainer as single "spots" so going from most people expecting 45 characters max to 50 characters max wasn't actually a HUGE increase in thinking more characters would be added so much as how places on the roster would be counted.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people are probably going to call me an old geezer but here's my two cents

I, along with others such as psychoincarnate and Mario_and_sonic guy have seen a lot since the Nsider days. If anyone has been here at all during the onslaught of "brawl prophets," you know exactly each and every one is a complete ruse cruise. Not because of the characters, far from that. It's because of how the roster was put together. Despite differing opinions, the reality stands each character has a chance. But with all those prophesied rosters we have had back then and now, you can all see they're all a bit too perfect or vague.

My honest opinion that people should have fun speculating. Who cares about the legitimacy of leakerbros and salromanos tipster? I mean really, when people do this kind of stuff before the inevitable reveal at E3 and the games launch; it is because people want to speculate and have fun with these ideas. No one should get ants in their pants over any leaks, it's not worth it. Especially over a video game

What hurts people through every "leaker, tipster, prophet, etc" is that they create a roster that's perfect for some and not others. Take the whole "this third party getting over that third party, this retro rep getting in over that retro rep, this fire emblem rep over that fire emblem rep, etc" situation; people that do this stuff cause a indirect impact by feeding the coal to a potential conflict. If you've been around the announcement of brawl; you'd know each and every one of those people who gave their vision of what the roster was going to be (as if they KNOW for a FACT by having inadequate sources) have caused numerous conflicts amongst fan bases. I'm already seeing people invade retro game communities as of right now and insulting them for liking stat tropics. It's really getting out of hand

TL;dr: It's ok to speculate and have fun with these rumors. It's ok to believe and hope your favorite character is getting in. But in no way you should be angry over them nor start a flame war. Let's be real here, no one is Sakurai; so there shouldn't be any concern here (pun via avatar unintended, I had this for a lot time :p)

Sorry if I said something that was obvious and full of common sense that anyone has but I'm seeing way too many people get uppity over this. For those who forget, let this be a refresher(?) for you :)

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people are probably going to call me an old geezer but here's my two cents

I, along with others such as psychoincarnate and Mario_and_sonic guy have seen a lot since the Nsider days. If anyone has been here at all during the onslaught of "brawl prophets," you know exactly each and every one is a complete ruse cruise. Not because of the characters, far from that. It's because of how the roster was put together. Despite differing opinions, the reality stands each character has a chance. But with all those prophesied rosters we have had back then and now, you can all see they're all a bit too perfect or vague.

My honest opinion that people should have fun speculating. Who cares about the legitimacy of leakerbros and salromanos tipster? I mean really, when people do this kind of stuff before the inevitable reveal at E3 and the games launch; it is because people want to speculate and have fun with these ideas. No one should get ants in their pants over any leaks, it's not worth it. Especially over a video game

What hurts people through every "leaker, tipster, prophet, etc" is that they create a roster that's perfect for some and not others. Take the whole "this third party getting over that third party, this retro rep getting in over that retro rep, this fire emblem rep over that fire emblem rep, etc" situation; people that do this stuff cause a indirect impact by feeding the coal to a potential conflict. If you've been around the announcement of brawl; you'd know each and every one of those people who gave their vision of what the roster was going to be (as if they KNOW for a FACT by having inadequate sources) have caused numerous conflicts amongst fan bases. I'm already seeing people invade retro game communities as of right now and insulting them for liking stat tropics. It's really getting out of hand

TL;dr: It's ok to speculate and have fun with these rumors. It's ok to believe and hope your favorite character is getting in. But in no way you should be angry over them nor start a flame war. Let's be real here, no one is Sakurai; so there shouldn't be any concern here (pun via avatar unintended, I had this for a lot time :p)

Sorry if I said something that was obvious and full of common sense that anyone has but I'm seeing way too many people get uppity over this. For those who forget, let this be a refresher(?) for you :)
I went to Nsider. Your name seems familiar...did you make Mario sprite comics, per chance? My name on Nsider was "Puddin_Masta"..........Hey now, I was 13......haha

Oh, and I do agree with what you are saying.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
Even funnier is that people were predicting numbers like 45 in brawl. We've really been reigning in our expectations this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom