• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JForseti

Smash Journeyman
I still remember something about Sakurai saying he'd like to focus on changing some existing characters rather than adding heaps more new characters (can't find source hope people remember). That's another reason for 57 characters being way too many. Not that Sakurai ever changed his mind...

Neon Borealis

Smash Rookie
A lot of people are probably going to call me an old geezer but here's my two cents

I, along with others such as psychoincarnate and Mario_and_sonic guy have seen a lot since the Nsider days. If anyone has been here at all during the onslaught of "brawl prophets," you know exactly each and every one is a complete ruse cruise. Not because of the characters, far from that. It's because of how the roster was put together. Despite differing opinions, the reality stands each character has a chance. But with all those prophesied rosters we have had back then and now, you can all see they're all a bit too perfect or vague.

My honest opinion that people should have fun speculating. Who cares about the legitimacy of leakerbros and salromanos tipster? I mean really, when people do this kind of stuff before the inevitable reveal at E3 and the games launch; it is because people want to speculate and have fun with these ideas. No one should get ants in their pants over any leaks, it's not worth it. Especially over a video game

What hurts people through every "leaker, tipster, prophet, etc" is that they create a roster that's perfect for some and not others. Take the whole "this third party getting over that third party, this retro rep getting in over that retro rep, this fire emblem rep over that fire emblem rep, etc" situation; people that do this stuff cause a indirect impact by feeding the coal to a potential conflict. If you've been around the announcement of brawl; you'd know each and every one of those people who gave their vision of what the roster was going to be (as if they KNOW for a FACT by having inadequate sources) have caused numerous conflicts amongst fan bases. I'm already seeing people invade retro game communities as of right now and insulting them for liking stat tropics. It's really getting out of hand

TL;dr: It's ok to speculate and have fun with these rumors. It's ok to believe and hope your favorite character is getting in. But in no way you should be angry over them nor start a flame war. Let's be real here, no one is Sakurai; so there shouldn't be any concern here (pun via avatar unintended, I had this for a lot time :p)

Sorry if I said something that was obvious and full of common sense that anyone has but I'm seeing way too many people get uppity over this. For those who forget, let this be a refresher(?) for you :)
I agree with this. Sometimes people take things to seriously and things start getting out of hand. It's fun to speculate and to wish for your favorites. But the roster is set in stone by now. And no amount of complaining will change that. In the end. I may be stepping Into the fire by saying this, in the end. It's only a game. And there are other things in life.

What I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't get angry about the roster if it doesn't have our favorites or pipe dreams. In the end, there's nothing we can do about it and there's no point wasting energy on that.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Funny how things turn out, since back when the game was announced, people were adamant that we wouldn't be seeing a roster greater than 45, and that was after lots of cuts. It just seemed way too crazy for them to grasp!
When the game was first announced it was generally assumed that transformation characters would still exist, once that bombshell was dropped everyone's estimated roster counts shot up. Check it out time wise, there is a direct correlation.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Well dang, I came back and there was like eight new pages of responses to this thread. Usually when that happens, something major has happened, but instead it's just everyone talking about that bullcrap LeakerBros "leak" that's just a bunch of wish list poop.

Oh well. Just two and a half more days until E3 is here.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Tides

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoichx
A supposed screenshot of Yoshi in the Training Mode on the 3DS. Personally, I think this image is fake. What do you guys think?
I think it's fake too. The background quality of battlefield compared to Yoshi looks fishy to me.
Edit: Looks like he was just photoshopped into the image.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We ain't got anything else to do in this thread though. :c
Then don't post in here until there's an actually good leak or rumor OR take it to the Social where off topic behavior is more accepting.

A supposed screenshot of Yoshi in the Training Mode on the 3DS. Personally, I think this image is fake. What do you guys think?
Please don't post or discuss non E3 leaks. For general Smash leaks, join the Leak and Rumor Discussion Group and bring it there. This is not the place to discuss general Smash leaks.

From here on out, replying to any fake or non-E3 leaks and rumors will be a warning and then an infraction. Please keep this in mind.

Last edited:

FalconMegaBuster

Smash Rookie
Then don't post in here until there's an actually good leak or rumor OR take it to the Social where off topic behavior is more accepting.

Please don't post or discuss non E3 leaks. For general Smash leaks, join the Leak and Rumor Discussion Group and bring it there.
Oh, ok. I'm sorry I posted this in the wrong section. I'll take this down and post it somewhere else. Thank you for your understanding.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You do remember that doing it anyway made the old leak thread locked right?

Just saying. This thread didn't have a lot of activity anyway before the @CapnMuffin leak (which I talked too much about).
That was the Rumor and Leak thread.

This is the E3 Rumor and Leak.

But both suffered/suffering from off topic spam.

But there's still a big difference that I think people don't see.

People see the title and ignore the E3 part. It's also not a place for photo dumps or rumor/leak dumps. If you want to bring up an extremely fake yet humorous leak, I suggest taking it to the Social 2.0.

If you see anyone posting overly fake leaks, user-created leaks, commenting in them, or posting non-E3 leaks or rumor, tag a moderator or report it.

I suggest jointing the Leak Group if you want to discuss leaks:
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/smash-4-leaks.1691/

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
These leaks are getting pretty tiring. I don't get why people make them up to begin with, what's so great about getting negative attention when you're wrong? :awesome:

That said, they are sometimes fun to look at when they make sense.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Well, there goes leakerbros. If he is somehow, miraculously, inconcievably right, this will be the best Smash Bros roster in history. Ridley, Takamaru, Mega Man, Little Mac, Issac, Shulk, K.Rool(Assumed), a third FE Rep, and the return of Mewtwo. This doesn't even include the Namco Rep, Zelda Rep, and Chibi Robo(who I am rooting for), Mike Jones, multiple KI reps, Bandanna Dee, and somehow Geno. That's insane. IF this were accurate, I would believe it would be Sakurai's big bang finale of a Smash game, to entice as many people to buy a Wii U(and 3DS) as humanly possible before retiring. I'm not saying I buy it, but with the help of Namco(who has handled 50+ fighting game rosters several times in the past) I'm saying it could potentially, maybe, be remotely possible. 99.99999% false though, unfortunately.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
That was the Rumor and Leak thread.

This is the E3 Rumor and Leak.

But both suffered/suffering from off topic spam.

But there's still a big difference that I think people don't see.

People see the title and ignore the E3 part. It's also not a place for photo dumps or rumor/leak dumps. If you want to bring up an extremely fake yet humorous leak, I suggest taking it to the Social 2.0.

If you see anyone posting overly fake leaks, user-created leaks, commenting in them, or posting non-E3 leaks or rumor, tag a moderator or report it.

I suggest jointing the Leak Group if you want to discuss leaks:
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/smash-4-leaks.1691/
I suggest making another general rumors and leaks thread. They're fun and we get a lot done. Sure we get off topic sometimes but we come back around. Just some constructive criticism. But I think sometimes you mods get a little antsy to "bring us back on topic". Sometimes we need it sure. But sometimes I see circumstances where pseudo-character discussion is going on and the mods are quick to scold them for it when that discussion may be relevant to the leak.

Also the benefits of a general leaks and rumors thread is we can post leaks of any kind. I love this thread because I can come and check on leaks. Not all leaks unfortunately.

Yes. People will get off topic. It happens in the character discussion thread, so why isn't that closed? It definitely shouldn't, don't mistake me for saying that. But by that same logic, neither should have the general leaks and rumors thread. That old thread was the main hub for me finding leaks. I really appreciated that. The group for leaks and rumors does not accomplish the same stuff as a general leaks and rumors thread.

Also, another general thread will really be appreciated due to the 3DS version launching

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I suggest making another general rumors and leaks thread. They're fun and we get a lot done. Sure we get off topic sometimes but we come back around. Just some constructive criticism. But I think sometimes you mods get a little antsy to "bring us back on topic". Sometimes we need it sure. But sometimes I see circumstances where pseudo-character discussion is going on and the mods are quick to scold them for it when that discussion may be relevant to the leak.
I'm gonna stop you right there.

1 - The Social Thread exists for basically everything you're trying to "justify."
2 - We shouldn't have to. Staying on topic, contrary to popular belief, is not that difficult.
3 - "Sometimes" is more than a stretch. Especially around events such as E3, where it's every day/all the time.
4 - Pseudo-character discussion fits into character discussion, which goes, surprise, in the Character Discussion board.

Also the benefits of a general leaks and rumors thread is we can post leaks of any kind. I love this thread because I can come and check on leaks. Not all leaks unfortunately.
We had one of those. It didn't work out. And with the game releases just around the corner, it would be superfluous.

Yes. People will get off topic. It happens in the character discussion thread, so why isn't that closed? It definitely shouldn't, don't mistake me for saying that. But by that same logic, neither should have the general leaks and rumors thread. That old thread was the main hub for me finding leaks. I really appreciated that. The group for leaks and rumors does not accomplish the same stuff as a general leaks and rumors thread.
In case you didn't notice, that thread is also moderated under stricter guidelines than most other threads. Reading the first post alone makes that very apparent. As others have pointed out, if you wish to keep "up to date" with them, join the Rumours/Leaks Social Group.

Also, another general thread will really be appreciated due to the 3DS version launching
There is already one. Use the Search Function.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm gonna stop you right there.

1 - The Social Thread exists for basically everything you're trying to "justify."
2 - We shouldn't have to. Staying on topic, contrary to popular belief, is not that difficult.
3 - "Sometimes" is more than a stretch. Especially around events such as E3, where it's every day/all the time.
4 - Pseudo-character discussion fits into character discussion, which goes, surprise, in the Character Discussion board.

We had one of those. It didn't work out. And with the game releases just around the corner, it would be superfluous.

In case you didn't notice, that thread is also moderated under stricter guidelines than most other threads. Reading the first post alone makes that very apparent. As others have pointed out, if you wish to keep "up to date" with them, join the Rumours/Leaks Social Group.

There is already one. Use the Search Function.
Your points for "there's a thread for this and that" are exactly what I'm saying needs to change. Well, not change, just be less strict. Sometimes in this thread I really notice the mods are too excited too warn people. We're on topic most of the time even when you issue the warnings, and when you guys do, I feel like the discussion was redirecting by itself back to leaks anyway.

We're not idiots as you guys seem to treat us. We know what we're here to discuss, or at least I THOUGHT I did.

When you say pseudo-character discussion belongs there that's a really dumb point to be honest. Say the leaker says Waddle Dee as a character, someone says the leak is false because of that, someone replies with reasons why Waddle Dee should be playable. That would get a warning here. But that was relevant to the leak BECAUSE of how discussing that character provides "juice" for the leak. You don't expect us to just move to that thread to discuss that for a short time correct? That would not make any sense.

You say the General Leaks and Rumors thread didn't work. I lurked there for as long as that thread existed and it was great. For someone who did not have a voice in that thread and thought it went great, then the closing was not necessary.

Sure the character discussion thread is under strict rules (not much worse than this) but at least it isn't closed! Unlike our General leaks thread.

Social group does not move at the same pace as a general thread nor does it substitute one.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
We're not idiots as you guys seem to treat us. We know what we're here to discuss, or at least I THOUGHT I did.
This. All of this. Honestly, all I did was post an image, and everyone was flippin' out. If you've seen my previous posts, I didn't just go off topic constantly previously. I figured I'd lighten the mood up since nobody was posting. Sure, I couldn't have posted at all, but tell me, why are we still talking about LeakerBros? Because we can, and we want to. The purpose of these threads should be to discuss and have a good time, not constant "I'm giving you a warning because you're slightly off topic". I'm not hating here, I'm just saying that you mods should be slightly more lenient with your warnings, as Con0rrrr stated. Yes, warnings show discipline, as I've learned (I don't plan on posting anything funny at this point since I know all the mods will bash me for it), but this situation should be handled if people are seriously going off topic. But yeah, just... basically what I'm saying here is that we're not obviously being stupid, we're just trying to lighten up the mood. I mean, c'mon, we haven't gotten any real leaks. If we don't post at all, then there's no point. Especially since we're very close at E3. However, I do see your guys' concerns, but I think the biggest threats of spam and such are the ones going WAY off topic, flaming, posting "bad" things, etc. So........ yeah
plz don't hurt me
:happysheep:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Your points for "there's a thread for this and that" are exactly what I'm saying needs to change. Well, not change, just be less strict. Sometimes in this thread I really notice the mods are too excited too warn people. We're on topic most of the time even when you issue the warnings, and when you guys do, I feel like the discussion was redirecting by itself back to leaks anyway.

When you say pseudo-character discussion belongs there that's a really dumb point to be honest. Say the leaker says Waddle Dee as a character, someone says the leak is false because of that, someone replies with reasons why Waddle Dee should be playable. That would get a warning here. But that was relevant to the leak BECAUSE of how discussing that character provides "juice" for the leak. You don't expect us to just move to that thread to discuss that for a short time correct? That would not make any sense.

You say the General Leaks and Rumors thread didn't work. I lurked there for as long as that thread existed and it was great. For someone who did not have a voice in that thread and thought it went great, then the closing was not necessary.

Sure the character discussion thread is under strict rules (not much worse than this) but at least it isn't closed! Unlike our General leaks thread.

Social group does not move at the same pace as a general thread nor does it substitute one.
I also agree with all of this and I've literally been AFRAID to speak up about the leak thread being taken down because of how strict things were when it was closed...basically everyone was banned from even arguing or voicing their opinions why a leak thread should exist or how it should look.

Literally one of my favorite things about Smash is discussing the possibilities of what smash could be, what the roster could look like etc... i loved it during the brawl days i love it now and leaks are a big part of that fun. I also believed back when brawl came out that I would be too old by the time the next game came out to be interested in discussing leaks and stuff...I've found I'm not and I hate having leak discussion taken away from the community when discussing leaks can really only happen during a small window of opportunity... basically the year or so leading up to a new smash game. it will be years before we as a community have the opportunity to discuss leaks for another smash game again.

The leak threads might get a bit jumbled and off topic but as Con0rrrr said, I personally never thought it was that bad myself. And at the risk of sounding harsh if the issue is the mods cant manage a leak thread then I really don't think its fair to take that away from the community just because the mods can't handle it.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
The thing I am most surprised about is that, despite a history of some employees being less than honorable, we've heard very little about Nintendo's plans, and most of what I've heard has been very vague (or fake). Nintendo's really been cracking down on making sure their info stays secret. I gotta say I like that.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I really can't comprihend how hard it apparantly is to stay on topic in Leaks and Rumor threads around here. :/

Anyways. That Leakbro-guy-thing, which I never believed in anyways, was confirmed fake, yes?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Guys, this thread's going to stay open for only about another day or so, up until today, aside from verbal reminders, this thread has been pretty good. If you guys are against Social Groups, then let this thread go out on a high note so that there may be another one one day. Why complaints are just now popping up after warning after warning, and especially for those who posted in the original leak thread and who know what we regard as off topic, is ridiculous.

If you have further complaints take it up with Forum Support, but further arguing in this thread will be regarded as off topic spam.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Just saying about LeakerBro's rumor, but he never said Isaac and Ridley were playable ; he said they were in game but didn't openly say that they were newcomers.

Ridley is teased and Isaac has a VA.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Anyways. That Leakbro-guy-thing, which I never believed in anyways, was confirmed fake, yes?
It was never confirmed fake, but the general consensus is that it's fake. It's likely someone's fantasy roster and everyone's projecting their desires onto it since it caters to a ton of audiences and wants. We won't have a roster like LeakerBro's roster 'til Smash 8, and that's assuming it even goes that far.

Ragingtsunami726

Smash Cadet
As far as I know, the only rumor that has any plausible evidence backing it up is the Sal Romano one, right? There haven't been any legitimate leaks for Nintendo's E3 outside of maybe Mario Maker I believe.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Well now that all that revolt business seems to be done with, any new leaks pop up while I was asleep?

Also I suppose you raise a point about Ridley, but why even mention Isaac having a VA if he's just an assist. I wonder btw, would contacting Llyods VA (did he specify if it was ToS or ToS2 Llyod btw?) Have any point? Maybe he has an opinion on this, or we can trick him into being loose on the subject.

JForseti

Smash Journeyman
Well now that all that revolt business seems to be done with, any new leaks pop up while I was asleep?

Also I suppose you raise a point about Ridley, but why even mention Isaac having a VA if he's just an assist. I wonder btw, would contacting Llyods VA (did he specify if it was ToS or ToS2 Llyod btw?) Have any point? Maybe he has an opinion on this, or we can trick him into being loose on the subject.
Great question, I initially thought ToS Lloyd, considering that's still the 'true' voice to me, but it may was well be ToS2.
Considering there's a voice actor for Isaac (according to LeakerBro), I assume it's as a playable character unless someone can point out there are special VAs asked for Smash simply for an AT battlecry or two.

Eitherway, wish so badly the leak would be true, but very unlikely.

Neo Zero

If I had to guess, it would likely be ToS2 Lloyd. It'd fit Isaac MUCH better imo. Perhaps someone could tweet him "Hey Nintendo just revealed Isaac and its said you're voicing him, is that true"? Often times people can slip on social media without thinking before correcting themself.

And no, I still don't believe it, but its a route we could pursue to see if theres any possible legitimacy.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This. All of this. Honestly, all I did was post an image, and everyone was flippin' out. If you've seen my previous posts, I didn't just go off topic constantly previously. I figured I'd lighten the mood up since nobody was posting. Sure, I couldn't have posted at all, but tell me, why are we still talking about LeakerBros? Because we can, and we want to. The purpose of these threads should be to discuss and have a good time, not constant "I'm giving you a warning because you're slightly off topic". I'm not hating here, I'm just saying that you mods should be slightly more lenient with your warnings, as Con0rrrr stated. Yes, warnings show discipline, as I've learned (I don't plan on posting anything funny at this point since I know all the mods will bash me for it), but this situation should be handled if people are seriously going off topic. But yeah, just... basically what I'm saying here is that we're not obviously being stupid, we're just trying to lighten up the mood. I mean, c'mon, we haven't gotten any real leaks. If we don't post at all, then there's no point. Especially since we're very close at E3. However, I do see your guys' concerns, but I think the biggest threats of spam and such are the ones going WAY off topic, flaming, posting "bad" things, etc. So........ yeah
plz don't hurt me
:happysheep:
I don't think everyone was flipping out at your picture. I found it humorous actually but wasn't appropriate for this thread.

The problem is that once one person goes off-topic, especially in a thread with previous problems, the rest tend to go off topic and the rest snowballs from there. Or in the case of pictures, someone posts an off-topic picture and then another user posts another picture.

People rarely read the OP so when they come to this thread and see pictures of random images or non-related E3 leaks, then they assume that's ok to do those actions.

We are not trying to surpress fun but want people to post in areas that are relevant for those type of discussions. That way, there are better discussions and results due to it being relevant in that thread.

The old R&L thread had its up and downs but it was ultimately locked because it failed to do what it was intended for and ended up being a second Social thread.

The character discussion thread is like on its third version. It's been closed before for being hostile, flame inducing, spammy, etc.

I feel the Rumor and Leak Social Group to be a great way to discuss rumors and leaks freely with those determined to find results.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Venus forgive me if this oversteps my bounds, but I don't think you guys need to explain yourselves. I'm sure most people know you're just doing what you think is best, and I appreciate it, and I'm sure others do too. I actually enjoy discussing the leaks themselves, not just posting funny gifs or screaming fake and insulting people or saying how a character does or doesnt deserve to be in, its fun.

I do think you guys should keep the dirty laundry private though, confrontation like that creates tension after all. Just a simple reminder and a few warnings is all that's needed, and if the people warned don't like that, then maybe they shouldn't post here if they can't follow the simple rules. I love fun like you guys that feel looked down on or w/e, but you can do that while still being serious to the subject at hand.

Anyway, ill maybe just tweet both Lloyd VAs and see if either says anything lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom