• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe him, but for real, I would absolutely love that Mii idea, with the customizable movesets like only locally to mess around with. A guy can dream.....

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I will say though, it would be pretty funny if Geno really was added now considering everybody stopped believing/caring about him after Brawl.

Other then that though, yeah, don't trust this "bro" at all. Just three more days until this craziness is over...

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
the thing is if Leaker Bros gets one thing right, just one thing right, he will have footing to stand on to continue his purge for the months to come!

domokl

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Guys... Leakerbro is full of it. If you can't see that, you're in serious denial. Bandana Waddle Dee? Mike Jones? GENO? These are pipe dream fanwank characters. It's not believable in any way.
Bandana Dee IS NOT a pipe dream but mike and Geno are.

Guys... Leakerbro is full of it. If you can't see that, you're in serious denial. Bandana Waddle Dee? Mike Jones? GENO? These are pipe dream fanwank characters. It's not believable in any way.
Bandanna Dee is far from a pipedream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Warning Received
Bandana Dee IS NOT a pipe dream but mike and Geno are.
I agree with this sentiment; Bandanna Dee does not objectively discredit the leak one way or another. As the most prominent Kirby character right after Meta Knight and King Dedede, it is not a stretch. Characters like Geno; however, are a stretch for various reasons. The most notable being the notion that he is not a Nintendo character.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Warning Received
Bandana Dee is a pipe dream. It is no different than Geno.
That isn't really true either, Bandanna Dee has been in a large number of games and was playable in one recently, while Geno is a third party character who was in one game more than 10 years ago, and then had a cameo appearance later. Neither one is very likely, Geno is just less likely.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That isn't really true either, Bandanna Dee has been in a large number of games and was playable in one recently, while Geno is a third party character who was in one game more than 10 years ago, and then had a cameo appearance later. Neither one is very likely, Geno is just less likely.
Well Toad has been in a larger number of games too and unlike Bandana Dee, it isn't a random enemy. Yet he isn't playable in Sm4sh. The only way Waddle Dee would be playable is if Sakurai decide to give priority to the Kirby series again, because it is his creation. And that would be kind of awful. If he want to give priority to a series he worked on, then let it be Kid Icarus instead.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Warning Received
Well Toad has been in a larger number of games too and unlike Bandana Dee, it isn't a random enemy. Yet he isn't playable in Sm4sh. The only way Waddle Dee would be playable is if Sakurai decide to give priority to the Kirby series again, because it is his creation. And that would be kind of awful. If he want to give priority to a series he worked on, then let it be Kid Icarus instead.
Toads are a random race too, sure there's a specific Toad who seems a bit more important than the rest, but that's no different from Bandana Dee who at least has a unique and entirely canon name and identity.

I don't think Bandana Dee is terribly likely mind you, but he's nowhere near as unlikely as Geno, who I feel very comfortable in saying is flat out impossible at this point in time.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
i was refreshing on the last page waiting for my message only to realize it was on the next page.sorry:ohwell:

Morbi

Scavenger
Bandanna Dee is a random enemy now? I have never heard that one before. :rolleyes:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
....Didn't this conversation happen yesterday that ended with a mod warning?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Seriously, guys, this isn't a bandana dee discussion thread. =P If there's nothing interesting happening, take discussion to other places.

None of the recent leaks have been interesting to me, so i've been spending my time elsewhere.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looks like it's time for some tough love.

Shroob

Sup?
He said the G word...... Confirmed we went back in time and this is now pre-Brawl speculation.

Anyways, it's fake... can we please move past it now?

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
He said the G word...... Confirmed we went back in time and this is now pre-Brawl speculation.

Anyways, it's fake... can we please move past it now?
Fake or not (lol) it has reached the end of it's discussion really. All that we can do with it now, like every other leak, is just wait for E3, and keep an eye out for any new leaks

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Fake or not (lol) it has reached the end of it's discussion really. All that we can do with it now, like every other leak, is just wait for E3, and keep an eye out for any new leaks
We can wait for E3, and talk about the same leak ad infinitum.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Speak for yourself.

Anyway, I found a leak that looks legit, on 4chan, but I am not entirely sure. Take it with a grain of salt:
Whoa, sounds like whoever made that picture was feeling extremely passive-aggressive. They just sell Photoshop to any schmuck these days, huh? Should probably take a break from the internet for a couple years 'til they learn how to have fun.

Anyway, finally caught up with the past three pages or so, and I don't know why everyone's acting so surprised that LeakerBros keeps shooting himself in the foot like he does. Still, it's worth entertaining at least mildly, in my opinion, 'cause what if the guy actually turns out to be right?

Not that there's a ghost of a chance that'll occur, but on that off chance.. you never really know.

Still, all the evidence we have is pretty much against the leak and there's absolutely nothing favoring it, plus that many newcomers.. they'd have a hard time revealing most of those in the time it'll take to release the game between E3 and mid-September.

Last edited by a moderator:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Yeah guys, I think Bandana Dee is far from likely but by no means was I equating him with Geno. That's why Geno was in all caps. I'll never understand Bandana Dee's popularity around here, but I can admit that he may be in Smash some day. Geno, no. Never.

Whoa, sounds like whoever made that picture was feeling extremely passive-aggressive. They just sell Photoshop to any schmuck these days, huh?
I can confirm that nobody needs to sell you Photoshop for you to be able to use it. *cough* piratebay *cough*

I think the saddest thing about the Leakerbro roster is that he "leaked" a 58 character roster with Hades, Bandana Dee, Mike Jones, and Geno on it and he still cut Snake... :(

Last edited:

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Geno, New DK rep (probably k Rool), Ridley, Palutena, Shulk, Isaac and Mike Jones? To me, that roster would be godlike, and since I haven't found any magic lamps lately, I can't believe it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's a "leak" with Geno, Hades and Mike Jones that some are believing?

...why?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If it didn't have Geno and Mike Jones, it'd be SOMEWHAT believable. Although the roster is a bit big I think. Hades is popular, as much as I'd prefer it if Medusa got in over Hades due to seniority.

That said, no one is seriously believing it. Its an E3 leak, so that's what this topic is to discuss. A blatantly fake E3 leak, but still a leak.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Its the only thing they have

I choose to believe its fake, but if it ends up being real, my jaw will drop so hard, its gonna break the table....
I can't believe the validity of any roster with Mike Jones on it tbh, and Geno is just the icing on this lie of a cake.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
We've completely bastardized the word "leak". This is the "rumors and leaks" thread, and yet nobody ever calls them "rumors". They're only leaks if they turn out to be true.

The board auto-censored my non-swear, but if you're wondering what the missing part of that word is, it's a child without a mother.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Geno?

I don't believe it at all.

But I want to.

We've completely *******ized the word "leak". This is the "rumors and leaks" thread, and yet nobody ever calls them "rumors". They're only leaks if they turn out to be true.

The board auto-censored my non-swear, but if you're wondering what the missing part of that word is, it's a child without a mother.

Last edited:

polonight

Smash Journeyman
I can say that if my suspicion are correct, E3 is going to disprove every leak. Mega Sceptile, Mario Character and probably fire emblem with a 3rd party rep.

This is because 3rd gen remakes were planned during the development of X & Y.
We conveniently have a Mario stage and fire emblem stage announced the week before E3.
And there is no other time to announce a 3rd party.

If I am right Sal's leak is probably dead in the water.

Also Geno? Mike Jones? I doubt it.

EDIT: The only reason I'm saying this is because they have all been announced conveniently before E3. No-one is expecting another Pokemon or Mario rep (certainly not a Pokemon rep so soon) so it'll probably shock people.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can say that if my suspicion are correct, E3 is going to disprove every leak. Mega Sceptile, Mario Character and probably fire emblem with a 3rd party rep.

This is because 3rd gen remakes were planned during the development of X & Y.
We conveniently have a Mario stage and fire emblem stage announced the week before E3.
And there is no other time to announce a 3rd party.

If I am right Sal's leak is probably dead in the water.

Also Geno? Mike Jones? I doubt it.
I'm betting E3 will disprove all leaks as well, but we'll see.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
It's generally best to assume all leaks are fake until proven otherwise.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I do expect another Mario rep because of that Mario stage. Namely because every new stage thus far has had some sort newcomer attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom