• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Looking back I kinda wish I didnt know those pics were fake right away. If people knew the wario factory video existed and they were fake, they could have just let it play out.... no harm wouldve been done. hes returning anway.
It probably wouldn't have taken too long to debunk it even if me or Gamer never pointed it out. Gmod/SFM models have very distinct styles that make them easy to differentiate from the real deal, mostly because they look like they jumped out of Valve games (obviously). But maybe that's just me.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Replaces "Dream" with "Leak"
Quit with the images, fakes and spam while you're ahead, 'mate.

I invented a leak, which was discussed for 5 minutes... That's all...
(To demonstrate the vagrancy of the leaks)
For the record, deliberately creating a fake leak (much less admitting to it) is strictly against this forum's rules.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No, he just didn't post today despite saying he would. He'll be back, I'm sure.

Someone tried to place blame for these wishlists on false leakers seeking attention? They wouldn't bother if they didn't have a thread full of foaming-at-the-mouth users who want people to straight-up lie to their faces, all for the sake of a cheap dopamine rush. Anyone notice how, after the old thread got nuked, the flow of wishlists from GameFAQs decreased to a slim trickle? For those who are tired of this tediousness, no worries, this thread's getting put down in just a few days as well.

Morbi

Scavenger
No, he just didn't post today despite saying he would. He'll be back, I'm sure.

Someone tried to place blame for these wishlists on false leakers seeking attention? They wouldn't bother if they didn't have a thread full of foaming-at-the-mouth users who want people to straight-up lie to their faces, all for the sake of a cheap dopamine rush. Anyone notice how, after the old thread got nuked, the flow of wishlists from GameFAQs decreased to a slim trickle? For those who are tired of this tediousness, no worries, this thread's getting put down in just a few days as well.
I understand your perspective; however, it is not necessarily about people wanting other people to lie to their face. It is about the discovery of debunking a leak, finding the missing pieces, discerning what is wrong with something. That is fun for some people, if you do not enjoy it, that is fine. I would assert that you do not need to frequent the thread if you are "tired of the tediousness;" however, I am certain that you do not have that luxury as a moderator.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I understand your perspective; however, it is not necessarily about people wanting other people to lie to their face. It is about the discovery of debunking a leak, finding the missing pieces, discerning what is wrong with something. That is fun for some people, if you do not enjoy it, that is fine. I would assert that you do not need to frequent the thread if you are "tired of the tediousness;" however, I am certain that you do not have that luxury as a moderator.
Actually, I noticed our Koopa buddy seemed more interested in Capn Muffins leak, but since then, has been much more hostile to these text leaks. I also know he was one of the people who hunted down RosalinaX to debunk her. For w/e reason, he seems to despise these text leaks, not that I blame him. But that's hardly relevant, what one person feels is no business of mine.

After camping out for a good 5 hours, I've seen zero signs from Leakerbros. and no new leaks have been posted. Also still no news from QueenofTermina (I guess she's smart enough to realize it's more believeable if you get in, post, and get out) so with that, I'll return to cleaning my basement. Maybe when I'm back we'll have a new leak to seriously and matur--

Ahahah, can't even type that seriously.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Leakerbros posts every two days I guess, I mean, he did that every single time.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Leakerbro's new leak:

Hi! I'm Leakerbro...
1) Golden Digger (Wario Ware) is the new AT.
2) And Mona (also from Wario Ware) joins the battle.
3) Pac-Man, and Blinky are in the game.
4) Pink Golden Peach is an AT.
5) Mewtwo joins the battle, again.
6) Prepare your body! Now there are battles for up to 6 players!
That's all for today, tomorrow I bring you more information. Have a nice day.
That seems like a fake leaker bros lol

D

Deleted member

Speak for yourself.

Anyway, I found a leak that looks legit, on 4chan, but I am not entirely sure. Take it with a grain of salt:
Smash finally gets Zelda's name right! :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Speak for yourself.

Anyway, I found a leak that looks legit, on 4chan, but I am not entirely sure. Take it with a grain of salt:
I don't see the problem here, open your mind a little pls.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Speak for yourself.

My main character Bird Man isn't on this roster :urg:

Neo Zero

Hey guys, everyones not favorite imposter is back.
1) Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake are not present in the roster. The two games have a platform that can install DLC but there are currently no plans from Sakurai. But that might change soon from namco

2) All veterans I haven't mentioned will be returning from brawl

3) Mewtwo is returning but his final smash is not transforming to a mega evolution before you ask

4) Miis are only selectable through special brawl matches (as well as customizable movesets) through a toggle option. You can save a handful of Miis to your save file. You can only play these matches using a mii with friends or local; not online. They replace the random button box when toggled on; as the special mode emphasizes specific set up matches. They are entirely customizable in the sense that you can give them a mix of other characters special moves with slightly different animations. People also can toggle weight and speed depending on their mii. Everyone however has the same grabs and basic attacks animations but have different percentages based on height and weight. Someone at treehouse made a "Thor" mii and gave him a mix of Kirby's side hammer attack, Marths special recovery, Pikachus down thunder, and DKs punch.

5) Palutena is another newcomer to smash bros, along with Hades. She will be revealed on E3 along with Ness.

7) Isaac from golden sun is in the game as well. He is voiced by Lloyd's (Tales of) VA.

8) There were 4 characters added to the game after the initial roster was decided. A third party rep, ROB, Bandana Dee, Mike Jones. This is according to the latest beta build the team got late last year in 2013 with another build we got in March of this year.

9) There is a namco rep, which you'll have stay tuned who it is

I'd link the thread but I'm not quite sure how. Nice he finally says who we'll see at E3 though, now we know he's full of **** when it happens.
EDIT: Figured it out, I hate 4chan.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/246894694/change-of-plans

Long story short, he says Ness and Palutena at E3 (doesn't specify anyone else). So as soon as Palutena or Ness isn't shown, he's proven fake. He also says he will not be posting anymore, he's done, so this is what we got.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Hey guys, everyones not favorite imposter is back.

1) Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake are not present in the roster. The two games have a platform that can install DLC but there are currently no plans from Sakurai. But that might change soon from namco

2) All veterans I haven't mentioned will be returning from brawl

3) Mewtwo is returning but his final smash is not transforming to a mega evolution before you ask

4) Miis are only selectable through special brawl matches (as well as customizable movesets) through a toggle option. You can save a handful of Miis to your save file. You can only play these matches using a mii with friends or local; not online. They replace the random button box when toggled on; as the special mode emphasizes specific set up matches. They are entirely customizable in the sense that you can give them a mix of other characters special moves with slightly different animations. People also can toggle weight and speed depending on their mii. Everyone however has the same grabs and basic attacks animations but have different percentages based on height and weight. Someone at treehouse made a "Thor" mii and gave him a mix of Kirby's side hammer attack, Marths special recovery, Pikachus down thunder, and DKs punch.

5) Palutena is another newcomer to smash bros, along with Hades. She will be revealed on E3 along with Ness.

7) Isaac from golden sun is in the game as well. He is voiced by Lloyd's (Tales of) VA.

8) There were 4 characters added to the game after the initial roster was decided. A third party rep, ROB, Bandana Dee, Mike Jones. This is according to the latest beta build the team got late last year in 2013 with another build we got in March of this year.

9) There is a namco rep, which you'll have stay tuned who it is

I'd link the thread but I'm not quite sure how. Nice he finally says who we'll see at E3 though, now we know he's full of **** when it happens.

EDIT: Figured it out, I hate 4chan.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/246894694/change-of-plans
So his roster is even more gigantic than we anticipated...

well he's definitely fake BUT I wouldn't mind being wrong here...sadly i'm not.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Sounds fake (duh), but I actually like his leak. Mii playable only in special matches, Palutena AND Hades, plus Isaac (don't care about him, but I kind of feel bad for his supporters xD) would be pretty damn good.

Neo Zero

So his roster is even more gigantic than we anticipated...

well he's definitely fake BUT I wouldn't mind being wrong here...sadly i'm not.
I think almost everyone WANTS him to be right. However, we all know he's wrong. Still, we won't know 100% for sure until E3...who knows...maybe dreams do come true...

Also this probably isn't important, but he attached a sketch of Palutena to his post. It's rather nicely done

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And then, it runs out LeakerBros was right and we have the greatest roster we could have:awesome:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
And then, it runs out LeakerBros was right and we have the greatest roster we could have:awesome:
I KNOW he's fake... he's totally fake. and I refuse to get my hopes up BUT if I'm wrong I don't even feel bad cause the smash roster would be fantastic. Not believing this one is win win haha.

Neo Zero

I'd love that mostly for the reaction of everyone else hahah.

Also note, any other E3 plans aren't mentioned. The main important thing is his two reveals. Anything bonus isn't covered.

Well based on what you see here, You can tell some of it was. I don't know why however his source deliberately gave the wrong information mixed with the right information. It didn't make that much sense to me, which is why I decided to do this in the first place

Again, you all need to let me know if you want to know who's the mystery third party character added at the last minute. I'll eat my breakfast with my computer on in the meanwhile while you all respond. Some of you may want It to be a surprise, which I respect
He flat out says Sal is wrong btw.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So can someone post what the roster looks like now?

D

Deleted member

I think the "leak" is fake, make me eat my own words if it isn't, I'll be happy to do so :awesome:

Neo Zero

...oh lord....his mystery surprise third party character...well I'll just quote it.

There's a Megaman, Sonic, a namco rep, and a mysterious third party rep. I'm not referring to namco; you'll find that out in due time

Now for the reveal, let me tell you it supposedly took Sakurai almost three years. He's been tried this request since June of 2011 and got denied. He just got approval from this company on October of 2013. The team here got the build in march that included this character; along with the other three I mentioned

It's Geno from Super Mario RPG

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Alright he just revealed GENO... this is faker than fake and I'd kill for Geno.

"There's a Megaman, Sonic, a namco rep, and a mysterious third party rep. I'm not referring to namco; you'll find that out in due time

Now for the reveal, let me tell you it supposedly took Sakurai almost three years. He's been tried this request since June of 2011 and got denied. He just got approval from this company on October of 2013. The team here got the build in march that included this character; along with the other three I mentioned

It's Geno from Super Mario RPG"

1402154164094 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't have enough reaction faces of unimpressed stares to do this injustice justice.

Neo Zero

Btw, can someone do the whole character grid thing. I'd like to see what this all looks like at the end, just for curiosity sakes. Don't forget the DK and Zelda newcomer not specified.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Can people finally stop foaming over it now?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Geno
You were doing so well :c

Neo Zero

Your reaction when this leak is actually legit in the end:
All the reaction faces in the world couldn't sum up how I would feel if this is legit :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom