• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Final roster from leakerbros ; most of them are not relevant to E3, except for Hades, Ganondorf, Palutena, Ness, Ridley, Mike Jones.

He said Hades and Ganondorf would appear in the same trailer ; but there were change of plans, with Palutena and Ness being shown at E3. Ridley is still the one going to E3, only being teased.
I assume Palutena and Ness are safe choices, and having them appear would not prove much.
Now to make it believable, we would need a Star Tropic game at E3 to confirm what he is saying. I'll edit to see what else he said.
He never said who were the DK and Zelda newcomers ; I suggest he didn't say so becaus ehe has no data about who is popular in those games, thus not taking the risk to break hopes, and decided to let people have their ideas about those two places.
The fact about Mii being special for local play seems legit ; you don't want to risk to fight characters from other franchises, movies, videogames, or real life. But I suppose Sakurai would at least reveal them at E3, since it's a huge new mechanic, bigger than Boss.
For Geno, well, if Square had to put a newcomer, I easily could see him getting in... Even if him being mentioned kind of sounded like "It's a fake but at least this is my big surprise at the end".
He added that the Sal Romano leak added fake informations. Well, the first leak would be true, while the second part (with chorus men, chrom etc...) would be partially fake (Chorus men and Chrom). Now here goes the problem ; why would the guy Romano takes his information from lies about those two characters ? Could it be random assumptions from him (new FE character = Chrom, but Chorus men... ?) ?
Snake being cut would be a kick for me. But oh well, sacrifices needed.
At least he helped me pass time until E3.
If it comes true, will we have a thread dedicated to this guy's rumor, like the Sal one ?
Sorry for the long post and the possible out of subject talk, but since I don't have anything to add about this rumor, was better to put everything in one post in the thread where we talk about him.
(Red = possible unlockables)
(Blue = possible starters)
(Green = Reveals at E3)
(Yellow = Mii replacing random)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Your ordering is so much better than mine lol. Nicely done Yoshi

There are really only two important things that MUST happen at E3 though imo (if this were true)

1. Palutena and Ness MUST be revealed by the end of E3. Likely would have until the invitational is over.
2. Startropics MUST have a new game made by Retro.

Point 1 is something that could be guessed. However if Point 2 is true, it changes everything. I don't think one person would predict a new Startropics game, made by Retro of all people.

Oh, and anything not mentioned is ok to show up. The only exception I would say is if Chrom is revealed. Of course if Chrom was there on top of point 1 and 2, I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Final roster from leakerbros ; most of them are not relevant to E3, except for Hades, Ganondorf, Palutena, Ness, Ridley, Mike Jones.

He said Hades and Ganondorf would appear in the same trailer ; but there were change of plans, with Palutena and Ness being shown at E3. Ridley is still the one going to E3, only being teased.
I assume Palutena and Ness are safe choices, and having them appear would not prove much.
Now to make it believable, we would need a Star Tropic game at E3 to confirm what he is saying. I'll edit to see what else he said.
He never said who were the DK and Zelda newcomers ; I suggest he didn't say so becaus ehe has no data about who is popular in those games, thus not taking the risk to break hopes, and decided to let people have their ideas about those two places.
The fact about Mii being special for local play seems legit ; you don't want to risk to fight characters from other franchises, movies, videogames, or real life. But I suppose Sakurai would at least reveal them at E3, since it's a huge new mechanic, bigger than Boss.
For Geno, well, if Square had to put a newcomer, I easily could see him getting in... Even if him being mentioned kind of sounded like "It's a fake but at least this is my big surprise at the end".
He added that the Sal Romano leak added fake informations. Well, the first leak would be true, while the second part (with chorus men, chrom etc...) would be partially fake (Chorus men and Chrom). Now here goes the problem ; why would the guy Romano takes his information from lies about those two characters ? Could it be random assumptions from him (new FE character = Chrom, but Chorus men... ?) ?
Snake being cut would be a kick for me. But oh well, sacrifices needed.
At least he helped me pass time until E3.
If it comes true, will we have a thread dedicated to this guy's rumor, like the Sal one ?
Sorry for the long post and the possible out of subject talk, but since I don't have anything to add about this rumor, was better to put everything in one post in the thread where we talk about him.
(Red = possible unlockables)
(Blue = possible starters)
(Green = Reveals at E3)
(Yellow = Mii replacing random)
Why is Bandana Dee Purple? Did something happen with him? This would be anyone's dream roster where most people would be happy, to good to be true so I call fake. Especially with Geno and MIke Jones, that just seals the deal for it being fake.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Oh, and anything not mentioned is ok to show up. The only exception I would say is if Chrom is revealed. Of course if Chrom was there on top of point 1 and 2, I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt.
I think what I posted must be the final roster. He said R.O.B., Geno, the Dee and forgot the last one. Well what you and I posted probably are the final rosters from his POV.

Why is Bandana Dee Purple? Did something happen with him? This would be anyone's dream roster where most people would be happy, to good to be true so I call fake. Especially with Geno and MIke Jones, that just seals the deal for it being fake.
But the Dee is red, not purple, where is the problem ?
I won't say it's 100% fake, I don't want to look stupid if it comes true in two days. That's because it's so close I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. If of course it's fake I'll not be that sad, since I didn't give it much point. But if it's real... Damn, Geno guys, GENO.
Just one thing I don't understand ; how could he have the whole final roster ? Same goes for Sal's informator.
Nintendo pls, keep your information better !

Neo Zero

Well his story is he played two builds, the one in March being this 57 character behemoth.

As for the confusion with Sal thing, the only person I could see him mixing up is Chorus Men and Chibi Robo....and honestly just because they both start with C lol

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I think what I posted must be the final roster. He said R.O.B., Geno, the Dee and forgot the last one. Well what you and I posted probably are the final rosters from his POV.

But the Dee is red, not purple, where is the problem ?
I won't say it's 100% fake, I don't want to look stupid if it comes true in two days. That's because it's so close I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. If of course it's fake I'll not be that sad, since I didn't give it much point. But if it's real... Damn, Geno guys, GENO.
Just one thing I don't understand ; how could he have the whole final roster ? Same goes for Sal's informator.
Nintendo pls, keep your information better !
Ah, the Blue around the Red characters create an illusion for it being Purple.

Also I wanted to add that I have to trust Sal's leak more because this is just some random guy off 4Chan, while Sal says that his source is reliable. Even though I really dislike Chrom being in the game over Robin, and Bandana Dee not being mentioned.

I really want Reggie to drop a bombshell like Smash 3DS will be on the Eshop, "Tomorrow". I think everyone would go beserk, and cause more fuss than Xbox and Sony combined. Even though that is super unlikely. I just want to get my hands on the game, badly.

Let's just hope that the Sal leak wasn't all of the remaining roster, and maybe just the ones revealed at E3 maybe.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I really want Reggie to drop a bombshell like Smash 3DS will be on the Eshop, "Tomorrow". I think everyone would go beserk, and cause more fuss than Xbox and Sony combined. Even though that is super unlikely. I just want to get my hands on the game, badly.
I would have to suddenly upgrade my internet just so I can knock a few seconds off the download :p

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Double Post Warning Received
Reggie lol...

I wouldn't put it past them to make him an assist trophy. It seems low poly the low detail for a character. My guess is that it's just a fun fake. But you never know!

Yup. 0% chance. No way.
Would be awesome. No doubt. I mean GENO? But seriously.. 58 characters? And the fact that it just LOOKS like a fanboy's wishlist...

I'd so love Geno though. After all these years the first Mario RPG is still the best one (followed by Bowser's Inside Story).

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though if the Japanese flipped over Little Mac imagine what they'd do for Mike Jones?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Smash G Smash G
Please don't double post. ^^

And yeah, I doubt Geno would ever be playable, and I'd say that's the biggest indication that this Rumor is false. However... as I am sure Ridley is playable, I'd guess Sakurai mainly made him playable cuz' of his long-term demand. I COULD see him do the same for Geno. The only thing standing in the way for that, is that Sakurai only uses very special third party characters.

Staarih

Smash Master
Geno would be heavenly, so I'd be more than delighted with that sort of a roster. But sadly I have to agree that it does seem very fishy, not only because of Geno, but for some other character choices and the sheer amount of them too.

Last edited:

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
I think the biggest thing going against Leakerbro's 'leak' is the three KI characters. Seriously, 2 is pushing it for a series with only three games, and we wouldn't even really be considering a second KI rep if not for the fact that Sakurai developed Uprising.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I think the biggest thing going against Leakerbro's 'leak' is the three KI characters. Seriously, 2 is pushing it for a series with only three games, and we wouldn't even really be considering a second KI rep if not for the fact that Sakurai developed Uprising.
Well, I Think that just the fact that Sakurai made Uprising is reason enough for him to have two KI newcomers. And I would love that. Palutena is a given, and I'd be happy with Hades or Medusa alike. ^^

JForseti

Smash Journeyman
Well his story is he played two builds, the one in March being this 57 character behemoth.
Now that I think about it, playing a build of the game in March that already had 57 characters may be a bit sus, not even for the fact that it's 57 characters, but because I always get the idea many characters are still not polished enough to be shown (but who knows!).

Neo Zero

Well, minus any delays, logically almost everyone should be polished outside of Bandana Dee, ROB, Mike Jones and Geno, as they were added very late. Even then, they may all be conceptually finished, perhaps just needing number/frame adjustments.

Most reveals are only spaced so far after all in the interest in hype after all. It'd be bad advertising after all to just tell us everything now, which I'm sure you understand.

EDIT: One other thing, I hate to bring this back up but lets remember the faked Best Buy CSS. Using that I determined for an even box, much like Brawl, there could be 44 slots, 50 slots or 54 slots (X Characters+Random). If you subtract the 4 late comers, you get 54 slots just like I figured based off that. With the 4 additions a more Melee like CSS would need to be used though. Mayhaps I can make a quick timeline for these 4 actually and why they would be added much like Sonic was.

Geno: A cult following character that Sakurai specifically wanted. Finally got the ok from Square. If you need a parallel look at Marvel vs Capcom 3, where Shuma was put in the game by Capcom asking Marvel, much to the annoyance of Marvel, however they gave in.

Mike Jones: I doubt Retro has the power to see a character enter Sm4sh, so if I had to guess, Nintendo campaigned this as a sort of advertisement to increase general awareness of the remake. Would likely be a case similar to Roy, or even Greninja in this game, both put in to more promote their products.

ROB: It goes without saying ROB isn't relevant in the year 2014. As such, he was likely the lowest priority vet outside of our two axed Pokemon (Snake likely being axed more because of company issues perhaps). However, extra development time allowed Sakurai to finish him.

BD: Anyone who follows me know that I'm a huge Bandana Dee follower. If I had to guess, Bandana Dee was chosen to give an established series a new character that isn't oversaturated, yet is still going strong. I wouldnt be surprised if it may of came down to a new Kirby rep or a new Star Fox rep, being the two biggest series to not see a newcomer back in the 53 character build. In the end, Kirby was chosen since it still has life today where Star Fox is in hibernation. BD is the 4th main character of the Kirby series, so thus he was chosen (and maybe Sakurai loves his Waddle Dee's)

Last edited:

Ragingtsunami726

Smash Cadet
I have to say I don't think anyone's really thought about Geno but what if his Brawl fanbase was big enough to get him considered this time around? It's a ridiculous thought of course but Sakurai is King Rusemaster. (I do think leakerbro is 100% full of it though)

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Can someone post the sources and stuff for this latest leak?

I really don't feel like going through over 100 pages to find the stuff.

domriver

Smash Lord
I have to say I don't think anyone's really thought about Geno but what if his Brawl fanbase was big enough to get him considered this time around? It's a ridiculous thought of course but Sakurai is King Rusemaster. (I do think leakerbro is 100% full of it though)

As I have stated in the Geno Character Thread. Geno WAS in the TOP 5 alongside Ridley. During Pre-Brawl era. His inclusion wouldn't surprise me. I will be indeed be a very happy camper though. jjejejej Though support for him has dwindled down considerably. =/ * Hopes for the best* :b:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Where's Sal Romano with my glorious "Isaac and Mewtwo are playable" leak?

Tick tock Sal, tick tock.

(Really though I'm surprised we're so close to E3 without a leak that's causing head scratching.)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Where's Sal Romano with my glorious "Isaac and Mewtwo are playable" leak?

Tick tock Sal, tick tock.

(Really though I'm surprised we're so close to E3 without a leak that's causing head scratching.)
If he's going to leak again it will be right before Nintendo's presentation. Since it's at 9 A.M. PST, Sal will probably leak tomorrow if he's got anything.

Dan

Smash Lord
As I have stated in the Geno Character Thread. Geno WAS in the TOP 5 alongside Ridley. During Pre-Brawl era. His inclusion wouldn't surprise me. I will be indeed be a very happy camper though. jjejejej Though support for him has dwindled down considerably. =/ * Hopes for the best* :b:
Didn't everyone kind of just give of on his inclusion though because of the copyright issues with Square? You rarely see him talked about anymore. He's completely impossible to have in the game unless Nintendo dishes out some cash, right?

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Didn't everyone kind of just give of on his inclusion though because of the copyright issues with Square? You rarely see him talked about anymore. He's completely impossible to have in the game unless Nintendo dishes out some cash, right?
Not impossible though probably very unlikely.
Nintendo actually go Square to let them have Geno in a small Camea of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga so we know they're not incapable of making a deal.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
At least this "leaker" has the decency to say that Sakurai spend 3 years meddling with square trying to get it in the game, so at least he's not "GENO IS IN DA GAEM GUYS".
I still believe this leak is fake as **** though

Neo Zero

I wonder how much the use of Geno would cost anyway on a serious note.

I can just imagine those phone calls btw

Sakurai: Yes hello, I'm calling about using Geno in my new Smash Bros.

Square Enix: Never heard of him. However we could maybe make a deal about Lightning

Sakurai: ....Is this what dealing with me is like?

Didn't devlopment start 3 years ago btw?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I wonder how much the use of Geno would cost anyway on a serious note.

I can just imagine those phone calls btw

Sakurai: Yes hello, I'm calling about using Geno in my new Smash Bros.

Square Enix: Never heard of him. However we could maybe make a deal about Lightning

Sakurai: ....Is this what dealing with me is like?

Didn't devlopment start 3 years ago btw?
I would love to see the meltdowns if Lightning was in Smash.

And yes, as far as I know, the development started right after Kid Icarus Uprising was completed.

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
Don't post fake or made-up rumors/leaks.
I found a new e3 leak! This is supposed to be the demo...It looks very legit, cant be fake at all, look at those details! LEEKRUSTER.png

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I don't think everyone was flipping out at your picture. I found it humorous actually but wasn't appropriate for this thread.

The problem is that once one person goes off-topic, especially in a thread with previous problems, the rest tend to go off topic and the rest snowballs from there. Or in the case of pictures, someone posts an off-topic picture and then another user posts another picture.

People rarely read the OP so when they come to this thread and see pictures of random images or non-related E3 leaks, then they assume that's ok to do those actions.

We are not trying to surpress fun but want people to post in areas that are relevant for those type of discussions. That way, there are better discussions and results due to it being relevant in that thread.

The old R&L thread had its up and downs but it was ultimately locked because it failed to do what it was intended for and ended up being a second Social thread.

The character discussion thread is like on its third version. It's been closed before for being hostile, flame inducing, spammy, etc.

I feel the Rumor and Leak Social Group to be a great way to discuss rumors and leaks freely with those determined to find results.
Sorry to bring up the Great Revolt of June 8th 2014 again. Just one thing.

I think you guys are doing great, don't get me wrong. It's just I think everyone can agree some do better than others and some warnings or posts made to tell us to get back on topic are not necessary and the was relevant to the discussion anyway.

The General Thread on the Group is terrible. Let's be real. Who visits groups? Look at the amount of posts can the consistency of posts in there compared to this. The only reason this is bigger is because people can see it. No one is headed over to groups to discuss leaks unless they are told from somewhere else to go there. So long as that thread is in that group we are gonna get zip done. Because a lot of our help for new leaks comes from lurkers who make accounts and bring up great points.

My suggestion is just to move that thread and make it stickied in character discussion. If what you mods are saying about how we should discuss it there is true. And what I'm saying about consistency and how many people go there is true. Then it's the perfect medium. In my opinion the other one was great and should not have been closed. The only people who seem to differ that opinion are the mods. Which I do understand, don't get me wrong Iwata. You guys are the ones who are moderating. But I think it should be our decision since it seems all of us really appreciated that thread.

As someone else said, this is the last time for years we will be able to discuss this stuff. By killing the old thread, splitting up this thread and the other, and hiding the other in groups, you are only suppressing that fun.

TL;DR: To find an equal medium, move the General Leaks Thread from "Groups", over to "Character Discussion" and Sticky it. If what you say is true, it's an equal medium and everyone wins.

Edit:
I found a new e3 leak! This is supposed to be the demo...It looks very legit, cant be fake at all, look at those details!View attachment 15706
This is exactly what should not be posted and you guys should warn. You do a good job on this mods.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I found a new e3 leak! This is supposed to be the demo...It looks very legit, cant be fake at all, look at those details!View attachment 15706
Didn't we already have a discussion about not posting obviously fake (but humorous) leaks here? ._.

But really, I can say with 99.9% confidence that Geno will not be in the upcoming Smash Bros. games. Hope no one has their hopes up...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Apparently, one warning isn't enough...

Do not post made-up, obviously fake or joke rumors/leaks.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
With all the recent leaks and using Brawl CSS logic (sagas in columns) I think the final roster will have this arrangement:

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
With all the recent leaks and using Brawl CSS logic (sagas in columns) I think the final roster will have this arrangement:

Why would you even give that hideous thing the time of day.
plus these rosters have been posted already like three times.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
I think until there's actual evidence this latest "leak" is laughable. It's just some guy on the internet. Why are we giving him so much attention?
I mean yeah, it would be a great Roster. But I'm pretty sure it's wishful thinking that is making people believe. Is there something I'm missing? Some SHRED of evidence?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I think until there's actual evidence this latest "leak" is laughable. It's just some guy on the internet. Why are we giving him so much attention?
I mean yeah, it would be a great Roster. But I'm pretty sure it's wishful thinking that is making people believe. Is there something I'm missing? Some SHRED of evidence?
Not a single shmidgeon.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Aside from how large this roster is (and Geno of all things) which would throw people off; I'm surprised no one nit picked at the other small details that can easily be deconfirmed months ahead of release

A star tropics reboot by retro
Isaac being voiced by Lloyd's Voice actor
Etc

Those are some pretty big claims for such a little guy (please don't make a bane joke, it's getting old)

Neo Zero

I'm surprised there hasn't been a leak since Leakers last post. No schdule, no roster, no image, nothing. Has anyone checked any sites today?

Tides

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoichx
Part of the reason this "leak" is being talked about so much is because frankly, there aren't any other E3 leaks out that people can/want to discuss. That and the roster is eye-candy to look at. I can understand why people don't want to give this leak attention, but there really isn't anything else to give attention to right now.

As for the leak, it would be amazing if it was true. A lot of newcomers, a lot of veterans, and few cuts. I would buy the crap out of this game.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
It only costs 15 minutes between breaks. Calm down.

Anyway i thought people could visualize it better with a sorted roster, and thus get new ideas about it if they want to continue arguing about it. That's all.

Also for me, i wanted to see if there were any inconsistencies in characters placements etc. So far i don't like how it's shaped but who knows. PLus, fun.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I can't believe you still talking about the "I-will-leak-Geno-and-be-polemic" guy...
I'm going check the group topic with more hope in my heart.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My only issue is I can see Square perhaps only giving Geno over to Sakurai if he also put in a rep that could be considered their own.

But then again. They could hear cash dollar dollar signs over a character they used once being in a game that will be played by a ton of people on two different systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom