• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ohhhhhh... Geno? It's almost as if he's saying that the leak is fake and we should all go home.

I really like his Palutena sketch though.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Your reaction when this leak is actually legit in the end:
I'd be beyond a reaction image if we got ridley, mike jones, takamaru, AND Geno... but this will never ever EVER happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Someone on 4chan brought up a fair point: Namco is working on the game. Tekken games have a ****load of characters AND are extremely balanced.

Not saying LeakerBros' leak is legit, BUT with this information in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Then again, Geno...

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it... was Gematsu's leak ever discussed before E3 last year here on Smash Boards?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Now that I think about it... was Gematsu's leak ever discussed before E3 last year here on Smash Boards?
Not that I know of, from what I understand he only posted his "guess" for what would be revealed at E3 on some forum and it was after wii fit trainer was shown that he revealed his "guess" was actually a leak e-mail he got from some reliable source and decided to put it up on a forum just in case it was legit.

This is a big part of why just because pacman mii and littlemac didnt show up at E3 doesn't mean he leaked that was what was going to happen.

Thats how I understand what happened anyway I could be off.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't think so. I mean, think about the logic of someone back then.
"Mega Man? No way, Capcom abandoned him, they'd never allow it."
"'Animal Crossing Guy'? Sakurai literally said that the Villager was not fit for Smash Bros."
"WII FIT TRAINER?! Sakurai makes some weird choices, but there's no way he'd go THAT far."
"Little Mac? He was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, and I'm pretty sure he's gonna stay that way."

D

Deleted member

Maybe after seeing the third parties chars, Square thought: "well, that's a good way to make easy money"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
They would have actually said that the Villager's boxing gloves and the Smash-themed boxing ring stage deconfirmed him.
That too. I forgot about that line of reasoning. :laugh:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
"'Animal Crossing Guy'? Sakurai literally said that the Villager was not fit for Smash Bros."
"WII FIT TRAINER?! Sakurai makes some weird choices, but there's no way he'd go THAT far."
"Little Mac? He was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, and I'm pretty sure he's gonna stay that way."
Exactly. I love how so many people say the Gematsu characters were "obvious" when it's really just hindsight bias, it's ridiculous cause those quotes are exactly what you would have heard a year ago predicting those characters.

On to a current E3 leak...

My biggest issue with Leakerbro is the number of newcomers... not because it isn't possible (as it's been pointed out namco can handle big rosters) but the real issue here is the reveal trailers and the fact the 3DS version comes out in the summer.

now i'm not positive if we will get ALL of the newcomers reveal trailers before the game but since sakurai specifically said he was doing them while announcing characters in the lead up to the game since people just went online and looked at the videos from subspace anyway, it makes me think that we very well might have ALL of the newcomers revealed before the games launch to show off the trailers they made for them.

with a HUGE number of newcomers and not much time...and given how slowly we've gotten new comers over the past YEAR, I just seriously doubt this... even if SOME newcomers reveal videos are saved until the game comes out I don't see a huge number of newcomers trailers not being shown, and with a roster like this there would almost certainly have to be.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Exactly. I love how so many people say the Gematsu characters were "obvious" when it's really just hindsight bias, it's ridiculous cause those quotes are exactly what you would have heard a year ago predicting those characters.

My biggest issue with Leakerbro is the number of newcomers... not because it isn't possible (as it's been pointed out namco can handle big rosters) but the real issue here is the reveal trailers and the fact the 3DS version comes out in the summer.

now i'm not positive if we will get ALL of the newcomers reveal trailers before the game but since sakurai specifically said he was doing them while announcing characters in the lead up to the game since people just went online and looked at the videos from subspace anyway, it makes me think that we very well might have ALL of the newcomers revealed before the games launch to show off the trailers they made for them.

with a HUGE number of newcomers and not much time...and given how slowly we've gotten new comers over the past YEAR, I just seriously doubt this... even if SOME newcomers reveal videos are saved until the game comes out I don't see a huge number of newcomers trailers not being shown, and with a roster like this there would almost certainly have to be.
Well the newcomer thing is a rather simple issue to solve. Just do what Mario Kart 8 did, have a direct right before launch and just show EVERYTHING.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
More info from leakerbro:

"Enjoy E3 everyone! And especially stay tuned for Retro Studios reveal of Star Tropics! I hope you all will like it

With that, I depart. Good-bye everyone"

1402156487501.jpg

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
But even all of those newcomers sound more plausible than Geno. Who honestly still remembers him, outside of the Internet? The company who owns him, Square Enix, hasn't done anything with him outside of a small cameo in Mario & Luigi, and if they were offered the chance to have one of their own characters in Super Smash Bros, they would've chosen someone else like Cloud or Slime, not someone who's merely a one-shot character at best.

Any leak that has Geno in it is immediately fake to me.

D

Deleted member

What if the videos started to be posted on Miiverse weeks before launch, anyway, I don't believe the leak because of one reason alone: all the newcomers are highly wanted and none of them is like WFT, Sakurai loves to put this kind of characters and this roster is way too optimistic, but as I said before, make me eat my own words if it's true :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It wasn't, because at that point it was disguised as an "unlikely prediction" by Sal Romano himself, it wasn't until after the Direct that Sal Romano came out and said it was actually leaked to him.

Neo Zero

More info from leakerbro:

"Enjoy E3 everyone! And especially stay tuned for Retro Studios reveal of Star Tropics! I hope you all will like it

With that, I depart. Good-bye everyone"

View attachment 15633
I ship it.

But even all of those newcomers sound more plausible than Geno. Who honestly still remembers him, outside of the Internet? The company who owns him, Square Enix, hasn't done anything with him outside of a small cameo in Mario & Luigi, and if they were offered the chance to have one of their own characters in Super Smash Bros, they would've chosen someone else like Cloud or Slime, not someone who's merely a one-shot character at best.

Well his logic is that Sakurai has specifically tried for a while. I remember Brawl had a large cult following for Geno in the West at least, but what about the East. For that matter, what about for 4?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are you f****** kidding me? Seriously tho, why people even *consider* Cloud

Neo Zero

Knowing Square Enix it'd be there prized cash cow. Lightning.

And yes I know, has to be on Nintendo and all, but come on, Square does nothing but push Lightning lol.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
He's highly recognizable to the average consumer. Don't take this wrong way, I don't want him playable like the rest of you, I'm just looking at this objectively.

Why would Square Enix allow the inclusion of Geno in Smash? Why would they squander the opportunity to push for a much more marketed character in this day and age in favor of a character who's only remembered as a meme?

Neo Zero

Well it wasn't easy, hopefully I didn't forget anyone

Mii being Random, and I didnt have a Namco rep slot so I just put Pac-Man. 57 characters in all (lol) if true

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
That just looks like one of the insane Melee fan rosters

Last edited:

Reila

Man, CoroCoro just leaked with tons of information about the new Pokémon games. I wish there was info about Smash in that damn magazine as well.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Guys... Leakerbro is full of it. If you can't see that, you're in serious denial. Bandana Waddle Dee? Mike Jones? GENO? These are pipe dream fanwank characters. It's not believable in any way.

TheLightningGamer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7316-4338
I just got became a Smashboards member, so I'll put my two cents in.

I believe this leak is 70% true. This is because the Wiif Fit Trainer and Villager were not common choices. I say this since Wii Fit is definitely a surprise character, and Sakurai had previously said that he though the Animal Crossing world was too peaceful to represent in Smash. I think Chrom, Shulk, and Palutena are very good choices, but I'm a bit skeptical on the Chorus Men. I just feel it'd be weird to have two surprise characters. But, again we just have to wait another...

Reila

Guys... Leakerbro is full of it. If you can't see that, you're in serious denial. Bandana Waddle Dee? Mike Jones? GENO? These are pipe dream fanwank characters. It's not believable in any way.
But no one is believing it. :p

D

Deleted member

I just got became a Smashboards member, so I'll put my two cents in.

I believe this leak is 70% true. This is because the Wiif Fit Trainer and Villager were not common choices. I say this since Wii Fit is definitely a surprise character, and Sakurai had previously said that he though the Animal Crossing world was too peaceful to represent in Smash. I think Chrom, Shulk, and Palutena are very good choices, but I'm a bit skeptical on the Chorus Men. I just feel it'd be weird to have two surprise characters. But, again we just have to wait another...

I think you're in the wrong thread, but anyway, welcome to the Boards! The Hype Train is currently riding to its Final Destination(lol), we'll reach it in just some days

TheLightningGamer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7316-4338
Oh, stupid me! I though this was the Gameatsu Thread, must have misread. Thanks for the welcome, and yes the hype is real!

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I'm looking through both this thread and the 4chan one, but can't exactly understand this leak. I read something's about geno and mike jones but could some one please care to summarize this 'leak'?
(Though if proven fake already ignore this)

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Im sick of this LeakerBros douche getting so much undeserved attention.

He's now messing with us and knows it. Geno isn't happening. He was killed by hitler in 1776.

Last edited:

Reila

Im sick of this LeakerBros douche getting so much undeserved attention. He's probably some child molestor or creep with a dead body in his closet for all we know.

He's now messing with us and knows it. Geno isn't happening. He was killed by hitler in 1776.
Was this really necessary?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Im sick of this LeakerBros douche getting so much undeserved attention. He's probably some child molestor or creep with a dead body in his closet for all we know.

Don't say things like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom