• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Hurt My Baby! (feat. B-team crew battle between Tucson & Phoenix!)

k9.

Smash Ace
No the metaphor was actually good, but i just don't agree with the way you see the game, and that's fine. We all don't agree every time.

Jane

Smash Hero
oh, yeah forsure. in the end everyone just has to realize mk is here to stay so wipe them tears and train harder.
or quit when you find a better game to compete in :D

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
muscle cars/boss SUVs/performance cars are mks?

economic and inexpensive cars are mid and lower? i sure hope so i love my ugly small chevy metro <3

Saffy

Smash Ace
@saffy why is it that most of the brawl community play as mk?!?!?! why dont you ever see it so diverse in big tournaments? its mostly top tiers and mk tier. a character can help a lot when it comes to winning. you also gave 3 bad MUs for ICs but how many does mk have? 0

more options with a character to me makes it easier for a win than less option with a character.
You don't play at a top level to understand what separates a good player from a bad player regardless of character. I don't even fully understand it as I am obviously not a good player but There are bad mks all over the place. You can't say someone is only "good" because they use metaknight or insert top tier character here. They are good because they outplay their opponent.

I can name quite a few players who do use top characters at a high level but also would beat everyone in this state with a mid/low tier if they showed up to a tournament one day.
If you choose to use a bad character then go do that, but don't complain when someone picks a better character. You can't blame your losses on tiers, blame it on what you were doing wrong in your matches.

Rob would you do $50 (or 50 filiberto burritos XD) for me to get top 10 on PR with :pit: or :zelda:? Leggo!

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
So i should blame it on picking a sorry character and just pick a higher tier character?!?!?! i know many players that did just this. ;) I love my sorry characters it just gets lame when someone loses with their mains and have to pocket mk everything hahaha but oh well i guess thats how they want to win.

also people need to stop complaining about ICs :p especially the mk mains

Hmmmmm so you will only go pit and zelda?!?!?!?!?! Im in! you can only pick those 2 characters! if you dont make top 10 or you use a different character all season then i win $50?????? (ill be going rob against you since i want to make sure you dont make it to top 10.)

Jane

Smash Hero
muscle cars/boss SUVs/performance cars are mks?

economic and inexpensive cars are mid and lower? i sure hope so i love my ugly small chevy metro <3
no, nonstandard characters are muscle cars/suvs/etc. you have to "pay more at the gas pump" to use them. but theyre rarer and cooler. meanwhile the staple high tiers are the cars with good gas mileage. theyre more common and they save more money than the other cars.

Saffy

Smash Ace
So i should blame it on picking a sorry character and just pick a higher tier character?!?!?! i know many players that did just this. ;) I love my sorry characters it just gets lame when someone loses with their mains and have to pocket mk everything hahaha but oh well i guess thats how they want to win.

also people need to stop complaining about ICs :p especially the mk mains

Hmmmmm so you will only go pit and zelda?!?!?!?!?! Im in! you can only pick those 2 characters! if you dont make top 10 or you use a different character all season then i win $50?????? (ill be going rob against you since i want to make sure you dont make it to top 10.)
How about I use ONLY :zelda: but you have to ONLY use :lucas: ? Same rules apply for me & you. No other characters. I'm just using a far worse character than you according to the tier list. :I

I'll give you $50 if you can keep your position as top 7 or improve, and you give me $50 if I can jump up from HM to Top 10? ;D Sounds like a fun challenge. This does not apply to doubles though just singles :).

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
@saffy my challenge is harder to do with just lucas. keeping a high position on pr instead making any positions in top 10. i know it will be hard to do this with just lucas thats why i use rob as well which is still hard.

im sure you arent capable of making it higher than me with just zelda but keeping a pr position for myself will be harder. it doesnt seem like a fair challenge at all

@everyone else gold digging n***as!!!

Saffy

Smash Ace
Very fair since you are confident you can beat me. O well time for :snake: :metaknight: and :pit: then.
I could probably get top 8 on pr with just :zelda: if you gave me a few months with the character. you don't have any confidence with lucas? :(
On the 11th I'm aiming for top 5-7 though soo watch out ! :]

:phone:

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Here's how I see it, and this is my new mindset this season.

MK is going to be around forever, and I've learned to deal with him. I'm not allowing the fact that it's MK intimidate me in my matches any longer, because that fear is what is preventing me from toppling my opponent in my matches, not my character. Mekos proved that anybody can win with enough knowledge and hard work.

My point? I'm not going to john about High Tiers anymore, nor do I care if I'm in a horrible MU, I have faith in my character and I need to grow to cover Ike's weaknesses instead of complaining about them. MK, Olimar, Falco and even Ice Climbers. I plan to become Top 5 in the state and to do this I need to grow immensely and focus in my matches to get to the next level. I can win with Ike, I will win with Ike.

And then I'll fight for my friends.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
I have plenty of confidence with lucas but that doesnt give me mekos power. I at least use lucas a fair amount in tournaments. The least you can do is use your zelda and win a few sets.

Kevin i have confidence you can do that with ganon but not your bowser.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
@ aaven ill prevent this so beat me! Hahahaha

You got it sir. I'll be studying that ROB matchup extensively.

You don't have Mekos power? Well that sucks because I have San power. <3
I chose Ike so I'm going to keep going until I wreck with him.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
So much dumb arguing over MK.

not sure if I'm going, school starts this week. maybe though

Saffy

Smash Ace
But rob why are you relying on a higher tier to win tho? What I see is you are afraid you would lose your pr spot if you switched to Lucas... >.> Like Aaven said mekos can do it, even fae and pink fresh. Zelda is 2nd worst with a poor recovery and doesn't have the tools to be an aggressive character. >.> IMO you have a very fair deal.
my Zelda beat ominous's g&w and went almost even with your rob with just 6 hours of wifi practice. :o i also got 1400 points on allisbrawl ladder with just Zelda. I got this!!!! I'm so down to win that $50.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Definetly going to make it to this one. Bringing 2 others, maybe more for brawl/Project M

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Kevin, you better start raising some money fast man, I ALSO want to MM your Bowser (with my sleek Sheik). Let's do it for $5.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
@saffy didnt i say i was only going lucas all this season!?!?!?! to get my lucas better that is what i must do yo. also when we first met you cant base how well you do just by the first few games. i now wreck your zelda easily even with my lucas hahahaha.

also stop using wifi results with normal play. theres a difference yo

i think i can still make pr with lucas but i dont think i can get 7th or higher just yet, my lucas still needs practice

Saffy

Smash Ace
@saffy didnt i say i was only going lucas all this season!?!?!?! to get my lucas better that is what i must do yo. also when we first met you cant base how well you do just by the first few games. i now wreck your zelda easily even with my lucas hahahaha.

also stop using wifi results with normal play. theres a difference yo

i think i can still make pr with lucas but i dont think i can get 7th or higher just yet, my lucas still needs practice
IF THAT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER. You haven't played my Zelda since that first day we met wtf lol how can you say that? I think it's fair cause lucas is a better character so you should be able to place higher if tiers make the player :O amirit?

There is a difference from wifi I agree, but still it's an accomplishment regardless.I guess you wouldn't know since you never played wifi.
But yeah you got a whole season to make him better?

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
ive played your zelda when we hangout too or just friendlies. we have never played a serious tournament match or anything and youre bragging about a zelda. my lucas has beaten your zelda. dont make yourself seem good. i never said all it takes is just a higher character to place better in tournaments. obviously it takes some player skill as well.

you know i admire players like stevo, kira, mekos, pink fresh, fow, fae, (players that use lower tier characters that place well) because to me it takes more player skill to utilize what little options they have.

you couldnt place on pr with ICs, snake, mk, peach and whoever you have been using since you have been in the smash scene yet i placed pr my first season, 3rd and 4th with rob on the AZ smash scene. why? because im a better player than you.

so why bring up wifi if you know i dont play wifi. you showed me how laggy it can get and its my choice not to care for it. its like me bringing up something you dnt even play and brag about it :p

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
9:30 pm start time for projectM? Dizzayum! I can come for a while before then to play project M. I will probably bounce around 6:00 pm. I have like 8 virgins I can bring if anyone is interested.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Yummy are you going to ReveLAtions? I need a Doubles partner and you're the dude for the job.

Also, enough salt about the tiers please.

k9.

Smash Ace
9:30 pm start time for projectM? Dizzayum! I can come for a while before then to play project M. I will probably bounce around 6:00 pm. I have like 8 virgins I can bring if anyone is interested.
read this wrong lol. nevermind.

Top Bottom