• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Hurt My Baby! (feat. B-team crew battle between Tucson & Phoenix!)

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman

Don't Hurt My Baby!

The University of Advancing Technology

The tournament's name is a reminder to not hurt people's babies, which includes Wiis, controllers, or in SS's case at APRD9, his TV:

(The famous line can be heard at 14:25): http://youtu.be/LVZipXe02EA?t=14m

2625 W Baseline Rd, Tempe, AZ 85283
Room: On the second floor, in the tile-floor room in the hallway across from the bathrooms

Head T.O. RaveRemix (Luis) 480 522 6912
Head T.O. KiraFlax (Kevin) 480 294 9440

Schedule (please note the slight time changes):
11:30pm- Friendlies/Warmups
1:00pm- Doubles
3:30pm- Singles Pools
5:00pm- Lunch
5:30pm- Singles Brackets
8:30pm- Tucson vs Phoenix B-Team Crew Battle
9:30pm- Project M

Payouts
Singles:
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%

Doubles/Project M:
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Entry Fees
Singles: $5/Per Person
Doubles: $5/Per Person
Project M: $3/Per Person

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5v5 Phoenix vs Tucson B-Team Crew Battle!
$5 Entry Fee per player

PHOENIX
SS [Captain]
Yoshiken
Aaven
Zynetic
OptimusPrime

TUCSON
SmileyFace [Captain]
TommyDerMeister
Wafty
Relic
Lance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule Set: Japanese
1. 3 stocks
2. 10-minute timer
3. Best-of-3 sets (WF, LF, and GF will be Best-of-5)
4. Double elimination
5. All items off
6. Team attack on
7. Changing controls allowed
8. Pause is turned off
9. No standing infinites for stalling purposes
10. No bugs/glitches of any kind
11.No Infinite Dimensional Cape (incidental use of IDC is tolerable)
12. Ledge grab limit of 50
13. No scrooging (player may travel under the stage once from the ledge)
* "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
Exceptions to Rule 13:
When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage.
[There is one other exception, but I don't understand it. I'll update this once I get a clarification from RAIN, or if someone else can figure out what it means from the Japanese version.]
14. Double MK is banned

Set Format:
Game 1:
1. Stage-striking order and controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors
2. Rock-Paper-Scissors loser strikes one of the three Starter stages
3. Rock-Paper-Scissors winner strikes one of the remaining two Starter stages
4. Players select their characters (players may elect to have a double-blind character selection)

Game 2 (and so on):
1. Loser may select controller port
2. Winner may ban a stage from the Counterpick list
3. Loser selects one of the remaining stages
4. Winner chooses character
5. Loser chooses character
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until the set is decided

In the event that a match goes to time, the victor will be decided by the following steps, in order:
1. Number of ledgegrabs (if one player exceeds 50 ledgegrabs, that player will be declared the loser)
2. Number of remaining stocks
3. Amount of damage percent
4. If stocks and damage percent identical, the match will be replayed on the same stage, with each player at one stock.

Stages:
Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpicks
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
I should be able to make it to this. I think this should be the tourney to start enforcing time restrictions. We need to try to finish the tournament before 2am.

Jane

Smash Hero
if i go, i want in on the rockband tourney. i can do guitar or vocals well.

also, what happens if some ahole team chooses an easy song and then another, more badass team, chooses a hard song? and the gay team gets a really high score in comparison to the team that chose the hard song? and they were both equally mildly unentertaining performances? what happens then? :x

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Make it like smash. 2/3, agree on starting song, get to cp songs. Both teams play all songs in the set.

But then again, it's ****ing rockband. Who cares LOL.

:phone:

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Jard start being a TO with rave at least things will run smoothly on time -_-

also people need to start bringing setups gets annoying! a tv is less than $10 at goodwill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also also people need to help pick up their trash and keep the venue clean! i had to clean up the mess myself

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Yummy let's team for this, I'll make sure I actually get the day off this time. : P

Also, I'm going to make sure to place Top 10 consistently this season.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
they normally have sells on every other thursdays. they pick a color on the price tags that thursday and if the item has that color the price is cut in half. i was lucky to go on the day they picked electronic color

Saffy

Smash Ace
God damn it I would **** you all at Drums in rockband.. to bad I always have to leave early. =[

Edit: Also Shawn if your brother is looking for a partner I'd def team with him :D

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I LOVE rock band but i'm not that good. I can play guitar and bass on Hard and some songs on expert but I haven't played in a while. Bass is my favorite though.

I like Vocals too =)

TGZ_Freean

Best 64 player in AZ. Best Solo 64 Luigi Main.
NNID
Marabio
3DS FC
3566-1594-3271
I love how I was automatically placed on team haha.

Jane

Smash Hero
oh my god.

bohemian rhapsody. gg. no other songs needed.

edit- lmao, so thats like, the only song i would really wanna sing. i'm gonna sing the **** out of that song though.

Saffy

Smash Ace
My wario and snake may debut at this in doubles/singles <3

EDIT: Anyone want to team? I'll give you free pizza =]

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I am requesting a double's partner for my luigi, if anyone's interested :).

Also, I will not be joining in on the Rock Band tournament, but I am almost positive that Angela will be. She absolutely loves Rock Band, and has been to a few tournaments before.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Please be my Doubles partner Kurtis! The level of chemistry we have in Doubles is ridiculously good, to the point that it should scare the Straw Hat N*ggas.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
My wario and snake may debut at this in doubles/singles <3

EDIT: Anyone want to team? I'll give you free pizza =]
I'll team with you if Yummy plans on teaming with someone else. I haven't heard anything from him so far. Is Tyrant still in town?

Saffy

Smash Ace
Tyrant just left. Idk if he will be back for the next one.. regardless I probably wouldn't team with him since he doesn't allow me to go any character besides peach :(. Though I'm sure he would hit up Yummy or Kyle to team with.
If you would like to team if Yummy doesn't want to, I'd be up for it :3 Snake/Ike sounds cool unless you go marth.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
If you would like to team if Yummy doesn't want to, I'd be up for it :3 Snake/Ike sounds cool unless you go marth.
Nice.

Nah I'm going solely Ike, tried using Marth once last season and got *****. Guess I'm just used to fighting for my friends.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Ike/Metaknight is a good team too. :)

But I heard they might host this in Tucson. If so I won't be able to go if that is true.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Ike/Metaknight is a good team too. :)

But I heard they might host this in Tucson. If so I won't be able to go if that is true.
Yeah it is, if we do team I don't mind who you use, as long as we're having fun. :)

And I think you can rest easy, Tucson couldn't get a venue until the next tournament after this one.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
We should have the Tucson Vs. Phoenix B team crew battle at this tournament. We are going to have some good talent for this so don't underestimate our abilities because if Tucson destroys whoever you send we are going give you **** for ages to come.

k9.

Smash Ace
^Hype, who is your captain? How much money is the captain willing to put down?

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
It's a team effort. We don't need a captain. Z and I will put money down. The only question is how much can Phoenix put down because we can call pretty much any bet.

k9.

Smash Ace
i will put 100 down on PHX crew. and we will make it 5 dollar entry for the people entering the crew battle.

Can you guys tell us your people that you are discussing for the crew battle, and i will give you a list of PHX B team.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Not to be rude but I have something to say:

To the people who are going to be running this.

DO NOT START SINGLES AT 9:30 PM... that's really not acceptable. You could have the whole tournament over by 8 if you would keep on everyone's ***. I was told I could enter singles at the last one and nothing happened. I literally just sat there 4-5 hours because all the Tv's were taken . Doubles ran until 9:10 PM. I got to play a friendly vs MeowK, Shane and a CPU and that's it LMFAO.

The Schedule says:
12:00pm- Friendlies/Warmups
3:30pm- Singles (Pools/Double Elimination Bracket)

So I do expect it to be starting at that time.
Otherwise state that those times are not official or could be changed.
But anyways I would even help run it. I would atleast go around and make people play their matches. That's the only way it'll run smoother and faster.

Also Wafty, if Aaven doesn't want to team and you don't have a partner we should:

:wario: + :wario: ;D it's a broken team.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
I will help enforce the time restrictions. The problem I see happen is postponing events because people can't show up at a certain time. The tournament before last didn't start doubles until 3 because there were not enough TV's and only GV7 and a few others were there around 12. Phoenix needs to show up at 12 and bring set ups. Tucson arrives around 1230 every time. If there aren't enough people at 1pm for Doubles then Double's wont be ran and we will just have friendlies until 330pm. We will be cutting people if they don't place well in pools and that is to make sure I never have to leave at 230am again.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Not to be rude but I have something to say:

To the people who are going to be running this.

DO NOT START SINGLES AT 9:30 PM... that's really not acceptable. You could have the whole tournament over by 8 if you would keep on everyone's ***. I was told I could enter singles at the last one and nothing happened. I literally just sat there 4-5 hours because all the Tv's were taken . Doubles ran until 9:10 PM. I got to play a friendly vs MeowK, Shane and a CPU and that's it LMFAO.

The Schedule says:
12:00pm- Friendlies/Warmups
3:30pm- Singles (Pools/Double Elimination Bracket)

1:00pm- Friendlies/Warmups
4:00pm- Doubles
11:00pm- Singles (Pools/Double Elimination Bracket)

^ More accurate. I agree with Saffy 100% though

Top Bottom