• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Don't be too surprised if we just get an announcement for the date of a final Smash presentation. Not trying to be pessimistic, just trying to prepare for all possible outcomes.
That’s kinda what I’m feeling too

showing the final character in a direct would be too anticlimactic, they’d wanna keep the suspense going while emphasizing this is the end

maybe a few last non-character surprises there as well

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
My predictions are known. Anyone know a fun bet to go along with it? Last time I outed myself because of Byleth which was so fun to do before the pandemic hit. Now I need a similar reason to feel alive again :4pacman:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Ah, at last. Now we won't have to deal with the same complaints and pessimism every friggin day there's not a direct. That got old quick.

At this point I've truly hit the "Let's just see what happens phase." Old me would be through the roof, but eh. By now my interest has kinda waned from having it drawn out so long. More than anything I'm hoping there's some more games that catch my interest so I can get back into that groove of having a cool new game/port to play each month. That kinda slipped during the pandemic... Along with all my other schedules...
Can I get a XC3 reveal? I know it's focusing on games this winter but that doesn't mean there can't be a few 2022 games.
To be fair most of winter is gonna be in 2022 anyways so :drshrug:

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
I recently dreamt that the final fighter was Cinderace. During the presentation after the fighter reveal trailer, Sakurai revealed his lifelong obsession with soccer/football, and spent the entire moveset breakdown segment giddily describing how every one of Cinderace's moves is based on real footballer's manoeuvres and gushing about how excited he was to finally bring his beloved sport to life in Smash.

While initial reception to the fighter ranged from tearful outrage to bored indifference, the general consensus eventually shifted to bemused acceptance after Smash fans were begrudgingly won over Sakurai's disarmingly charming fanboyism.
This generated a fresh wave of Sakurai memes, to the director's chagrin.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
We absolutely are getting the FP11 reveal in this Direct, by the way. Don't let the doomposters fool you. Every single Direct since Ultimate's DLC really got going has revealed a fighter. Even before that, they felt compelled to drop a release window and announce that there'd be a misc. content update.
I'm just saying, since a lot of people are clinging onto cynicism.

Last edited:

Baba

Smash Journeyman
We absolutely are getting the FP11 reveal in this Direct, by the way. Don't let the doomposters fool you. Every single Direct since Ultimate's DLC really got going has revealed a fighter. Even before that, they felt compelled to drop a release window and announce that there'd be a misc. content update.
I'm not trying to be a doomposter, I'm just trying to prepare for every outcome. This is the LAST character. They might treat it differently from the previous announcements. Smash 4 had a "final presentation" so it may be the same case here.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Well, I'm looking forward to the announcement of Mario Party Again, Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud HD, "Metroid Prime 4 still exists please believe me," and not CP11 :D

I hope Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud HD comes with the rest of the games in the series though, it's really annoying that the Wario Attempts To Rob the Royal Bank of England And F***ing Dies, and the prequel, Waluigi Enters College and Struggles With Student Debt, aren't in a single release yet

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm not trying to be a doomposter, I'm just trying to prepare for every outcome. This is the LAST character. They might treat it differently from the previous announcements. Smash 4 had a "final presentation" so it may be the same case here.
Smash for had three characters left in the pipeline and only one of those had already been revealed prior. This is not the same thing, at all. This is, by all accounts, simply another character. They just so happen to be the last one.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
TBF the only doomposters that exist are the ones who are hyper fixated on Nahobino being the last character lmao cos they know if 11 shows up here, then he isn't happening. Even then its one guy. Even if smash did somehow miss tomorrow, the chances of it happening after the release of SMTV are so astronomically low, that it's kind of a longshot just based on that alone lol.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Smash for had three characters left in the pipeline and only one of those had already been revealed prior. This is not the same thing, at all. This is, by all accounts, simply another character. They just so happen to be the last one.
Hey I mean I hope you're right.

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
absolutely and I'm going to be tuning out for that part. I haven't watched any footage of it since E3 because Nintendo is spoiling way too much of it.
Same. I've been looking forward to this game since 2002 and I want to go in as close to blind as possible.
All I know is Samus has a new suit and gets chased by robots.

Firox

Smash Master
Here's hoping that people don't get disproportionately upset because the final character isn't the one specific character that they wanted. (though given that people are still upset about Bayonetta being the final Smash 4 character 5+ years later, I have a bad feeling that people will be upset regardless of who it is)
This is a likely concern. If I can at least recognize the character, I'll count it a win. If I have ask "WHOOO?" then disappointment might be warranted. To your point though, I think even the most talked about characters will garner irrational hate just by virtue of being the last DLC.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hot take I actually prefer we get an Ultimate Final Video Presentation

not only cuz I feel showing the last character off in a direct would be anticlimactic and I want Ultimate to go out with a bang and a solid retrospective

but also cuz I guess I wanna know more about the other games coming in the direct proper. Splatoon 3, whatever Monolith’s new projects are (please let an X port be one of them), and more. I guess my tunnel vision for Smash is waning and I wanna see more of Nintendo’s offerings at large

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Ultimate's final DLC fighter isn't going to get any special treatment. Just another reveal, another Sakurai Presents, and perhaps a brief lament at the end of said Sakurai Presents. There's hardly anything wrong with that, either.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

not only cuz I feel showing the last character off in a direct would be anticlimactic and I want Ultimate to go out with a bang and a solid retrospective

but also cuz I guess I wanna know more about the other games coming in the direct proper. Splatoon 3, whatever Monolith’s new projects are (please let an X port be one of them), and more. I guess my tunnel vision for Smash is waning and I wanna see more of Nintendo’s offerings at large
Agree, but only if they properly build up the Sakurai Presents so the reveal is in the middle. Opening with a lukewarm trailer is much less hype than getting that sweet sweet “oh and one more thing”

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
TBF the only doomposters that exist are the ones who are hyper fixated on Nahobino being the last character lmao cos they know if 11 shows up here, then he isn't happening. Even then its one guy. Even if smash did somehow miss tomorrow, the chances of it happening after the release of SMTV are so astronomically low, that it's kind of a longshot just based on that alone lol.
SMT V is going to be the most featured game in the direct with the 4th story trailer, the dub reveal and the Eshop preorders going online.

It is not nearly as low as you think.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now that we know it's happening, I'm holding out for the final DLC character and seeing whether that FE Warriors 2 leak on 4chan is real, because I need it to be expeditiously.
FEW 2?

What did it say?

Staarih

Smash Master

I dunno, having just a "final presentation occurs on date X" announcement would probably be more anticlimactic. I think at any rate, we'll get to know who the character is, most likely via a trailer which would only eat like 1-2 minutes and have a separate Sakurai Presents set for a later date, in which he can go through any potential extra stuff.

But I mean, you never know. Thankfully we'll be wiser soon enough.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sakurai will reveal Bayo 3 in the Direct.

Little did we know that Bayo 3 was never actually a game, but a Smash character. As we all know, Smash always ends in disappointment, so what better way to do so than to include an actual game box as a character as well as crush every Bayo fan's hopes and dreams.

Last edited:

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai will reveal Bayo 3 in the Direct.

Little did we know that Bayo 3 was never actually a game, but a Smash character. As we all know, Smash always ends in disappointment, so what better way to do so than to include an actual game box as a character as well as crush every Bayo fan's hopes and dreams.
I am still holding out hope that they are bringing Bayonetta into SMT V as a cameo and they can’t reveal her until the dub is revealed so they waited to show Bayonetta 3 until they showed the cameo to try to advertise both games.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Here's hoping that people don't get disproportionately upset because the final character isn't the one specific character that they wanted. (though given that people are still upset about Bayonetta being the final Smash 4 character 5+ years later, I have a bad feeling that people will be upset regardless of who it is)
Every single DLC character got hate so that is true. At least there is a good chance the character won't cause +80k dislikes like Byleth.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I'd rather know as soon as possible.

It would also be pretty difficult to make me feel an anticlimax when it comes to a reveal trailer. It would either have to be as slow paced as Isabelle's Trailer, someone I don't know (which, to be fair, isn't the most difficult thing in the world since it's happened 4 times now), or someone I actively don't want, which are all picks that are hard to justify over others in their series (which is why I don't want them).

Actually...This thread will permanently close before the big reveal so that does mean that if it's someone I'm not familiar enough with to care about I can't even go see reactions to it...sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom