• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh that's great to hear. a Direct finally upon us, the final chapter of Ultimate will soon come to a close.

I bet there is just one final question we've been dying to know for a very long time now...

How is :ultmario: going to get his butt kicked this time?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Oh that's great to hear. a Direct finally upon us, the final chapter of Ultimate will soon come to a close.

I bet there is just one final question we've been dying to know for a very long time now...

Oh..
Buddy.

what if the whole roster gets their butts kicked?

Also, inb4 the trailer's just Cp11 saving the gang from Dharkon

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
FEW 2?

What did it say?
This is what it said:

Also Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo you can read too it if you're interested in it.

Wake up FE babies, it's time for a leak.

Fire Emblem Warriors 2

- Much like how Age of Calamity featured only BotW’s world and characters, FEW2 will be much the same, but with Three Houses.

- The game takes place in one single route seperate from the others seen in Three Houses.

- Said route is a ‘golden route’ with pre and post-timeskip eras, where the Three Houses + the Ashen Wolves and the Church band together against the common threat of the Agarthans/Those Who Slither in The Dark (TWSITD), who play a more proactive role in the story, and are the main enemy from start to finish.

- Despite how fan service-y the plot sounds and previous sentiments from the devs in interviews about a true route/ending in FE3H, it was deemed appropriate due to crossover Warriors games largely being fan service in nature.

- The story will delve into largely untouched corners of Fodlan’s history, including the time before Sothis’ appearance beyond mentions in books in the Abyss Library, as well as a deeper history of TWSITD and how they influenced events of the past such as the War of Heroes. Certain countries and related characters will also play a larger role in the story and have their lore expanded, including Brigid, Abinea, Sreng, Morfis, Almyra, and one other.

- There will be four new playable characters added to the Ashen Wolves house that will play major roles in the story, with the four hailing from Albinea, Sreng, Morfis, and another country further east than Almyra respectively, as was hinted in the previous point.

- Note that said country in the east is where the Wo Dao originally comes from as indicated in OG FE3H itself, but was never given a name.

- FEW2 also hails the return of the Battle of Gronder Field returns as a major story moment, but this time with the resistance army fighting against TWSTD’s forces.

- You start the game by picking one of the Three Houses to teach as you did in FE3H. FEW2 maintains the slice-of-life elements and teaching systems established in FE3H but with various QoL changes.

- Recruiting and Adjutants return, both with a change.

- Due to story circumstances, everyone eventually unifies together, but unrecruited characters will appear as green ally units that can be adjutants, but not be playable. Also, if certain characters are NOT recruited pre-timeskip, they may die due to story circumstances post-timeskip and made permanently unplayable.

- The game also takes place on an updated Garreg Mach Monastery map, with new areas accessible and various new activities available that were not featured in OG FE3H, and actually makes use of the largely unused recreational room in FE3H for recreation activities (obviously).

- Aside from the four new Ashen Wolves members, FEW2’s base roster lands at 45 characters, featuring all playable characters from BE, BL, GD, AW, Church + Byleth, Jeritza, Anna, Kronya, and a playable final boss, a mutated form of Nemesis.

- Unknown if unplayable characters like Jeralt, Rhea, Randolph, Ladislava, Rodrigue, Nader, and Judith will be playable in the future with DLC. This similarly applies to the Agarthans (Cornelia, Myson, Thales, Solon, OG Nemesis, etc).

- Movesets in FEW2 have been changed in order to address the complaint of clones from the first game and to make sure FE3H’s customisability is still in tact.

- Every class available for playable characters in FE3H returns, including the DLC classes, and gender exclusivity on classes has been removed. So yes, you can finally have Pegasus Knight Hubert, and Gremory Linhardt, Brawler Marianne, and War Master Mercedes.

- The game releases November 2021.

- Also, in other ‘no ****’ news, two new FE games are simultaneously in development. One is an Echoes style remake of FE 6/7 that will be marketed as a singular experience slated for 2022 release, and the other is a new FE game made from the ground up a la Three Houses with an unknown release date. KT is partially assisting on development of the Echoes game as the development of FEW2 has wrapped up.

Also, shout out to my fellow Catherine and Shamir degenerates, you know who you are

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Got some 3rd party game predictions for the direct I wanna throw out there because why not
Genshin Impact
GTA Remaster Trilogy

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
SMT V is going to be the most featured game in the direct with the 4th story trailer, the dub reveal and the Eshop preorders going online.

It is not nearly as low as you think.
From a game that hasn't released yet... For a character from a third party game that is releasing, even if we assume the worst case scenario for smash, and assume the character could maybe release, like a week at most before SMT5... Yeah, no TBH. SMT has a shot, cos what series doesn't, but, like Roy was a character over 20 years ago, who was fully in house, and was literally a complete derivative of Marth, shaving off any real concern for him releasing before his game as he was just easy to make. Nahobino is the exact opposite of all of that, especially when we have Sakurai going on record to say that he likely isn't going to ever do another Roy situation. Greninja could be used as a counter argument ig, but at least X and Y were out by the time of their reveal. Like sorry but probably not. It would help if people didn't feel so enticed to try and stigmatize all Nahobino discussion, which is just peculiar, because, as said, the game hasn't even released yet. You'd expect this kind of stuff to happen to Demi-Fiend etc but apparently Nahobino is so likely, we can start saying in absolutes that he's in even though SMT5 hasn't released, which is also a legitimate factor against his inclusion...

SKX31

Smash Master
Hbox' "I'm Stalling" intensifies.
Well, sometimes it doesn't go exactly as he plans... :roll:

Whichever way Mario gets his butt kicked... he's been through worse.

(Loud sound and shaky camera warning)

Not even Nintendo managed to kill him when they tried to. :4pacman:

Actually...This thread will permanently close before the big reveal so that does mean that if it's someone I'm not familiar enough with to care about I can't even go see reactions to it...sadness.
Wouldn't the mods want to keep the thread around just for a little bit longer though? Perhaps until CP11 releases - judging by how there's been a week or so between most reveals and releases.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
There's a lot of characters I'm open to. Obviously I hope it's Reimu but I'm not picky. So long as they look interesting I'm down. More than anything I'm excited for this to just be over so I can lock onto modding.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
lol, a 45 character playable base roster?
It sounded believable up till that point
Tbh, I felt the same at first, but then I remembered that there are Musou games with 45+ character rosters with unique movesets for every character.

So never say never I guess...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
So..
What are all your verdicts of Packs 6-10?
What packs do you like?
What packs do you dislike?
Why?
Go, go go!

volbound1700

Smash Master
My final prediction is that we are getting a third-party character but it will be a more low-key one compared to Kazuya and it is likely to be one that wasn't highly requested. So a Falcom character maybe? They haven't been disconfirmed.
I am still leaning towards maybe Rayman for 3rd-party.

However, a first-party Pokemon or Legend of Zelda rep sounds very feasible right now.

I doubt we get a Fire Emblem. Nintendo would know there would be a lot of frustration with getting another FE rep.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My final prediction is that we are getting a third-party character but it will be a more low-key one compared to Kazuya and it is likely to be one that wasn't highly requested. So a Falcom character maybe? They haven't been disconfirmed.
Low key?

This may be how Bubsy wins.

Lord help us all.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If all classes are available I'd imagine that the characters themselves are mostly cosmetic and the classes are the actual "characters".
That was what I concluded too. Honestly, the clones in FE Warriors, despite how much I enjoyed them, kind of irked me in the end.

This feels like a nice solution to that.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
So..
What are all your verdicts of Packs 6-10?
What packs do you like?
What packs do you dislike?
Why?
Go, go go!
Min Min - Good FP new addition.
Steve - Great addition even if I don't have any connection to Minecraft
Sephiroth - Very split on this pick. Would rather see a new IP but you cannot deny iconic-ness of Sephiroth. I also don't understand the hype of FF7 but I cannot deny it so probably a good pick. I just personally do not have any connection
Mythra/Pyra - Not a great pick, IMO but I can see why they were added being a first-party franchise. I thought Shulk covered Xenoblade series fine. This was the weakest pick to me. I would have rather seen an entirely new Nintendo IP (like Golden Sun). However, I know why Nintendo added it.
Kayuza - Great pick. Tekken and Namco deserved a spot.

Overall - I never owned any of the games on this list with the exception of recently buying FF7 and I am struggling to even play it. All of the picks made sense from a Nintendo/Gaming perspective but they definitely had very little hype for me personally.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's bittersweet knowing this ride will be coming to an end. I've been here since the September direct from base game, and now the September direct will end speculation for the game as a whole.

All I hope, more than anything, is that it's a character who is fun to play. I could say I want Travis Touchdown (lmao) or Phoenix Wright, since they're my most-wanted, but the pool is so large that Sakurai could drop anyone on me and make me happy. I'm overall so satisfied with Ultimate it's unreal. Pyra/Mythra was a shock to me in how fun they were to play. So, another surprise like that would be nice.

It's still wild that I actually got a Tekken rep in the end, along with Joker in pass 1 and Terry as well. Crazy stuff. Ultimate has treated me well.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
It's bittersweet knowing this ride will be coming to an end. I've been here since the September direct from base game, and now the September direct will end speculation for the game as a whole.

All I hope, more than anything, is that it's a character who is fun to play. I could say I want Travis Touchdown (lmao) or Phoenix Wright, since they're my most-wanted, but the pool is so large that Sakurai could drop anyone on me and make me happy. I'm overall so satisfied with Ultimate it's unreal. Pyra/Mythra was a shock to me in how fun they were to play. So, another surprise like that would be nice.

It's still wild that I actually got a Tekken rep in the end, along with Joker in pass 1 and Terry as well. Crazy stuff. Ultimate has treated me well.
I'm just excited that tomorrow, we'll know the entire roster of this game. Smash Ultimate has been such an amazing celebration of gaming that has lasted very long. It's so incredible that we managed to get this many DLC fighters for the game.

No matter who they end on, even if it's not someone I want. It's exciting to see this celebration of gaming finally come to an end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom