• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just excited that tomorrow, we'll know the entire roster of this game. Smash Ultimate has been such an amazing celebration of gaming that has lasted very long. It's so incredible that we managed to get this many DLC fighters for the game.
Now hold your horses there. For all we know it might be a reveal date for the final "Sakurai Presents ???". I would still keep expectations low especially to avoid disappointment.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Now hold your horses there. For all we know it might be a reveal date for the final "Sakurai Presents ???". I wouldn't jump to things so soon especially to avid disappointment.
Just like the direct would be in October right? Or it wouldn't be this week because of the Japanese holiday?

I'm fine with getting my expectations low, but sometimes it isn't even the sensible thing to do. This train has been going for so long, it has to stop soon.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
if it's a teaser for a teaser i'm gonna go mad. End this so we can get back to real interesting stuff like Spongebob beating up turtles

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Now hold your horses there. For all we know it might be a reveal date for the final "Sakurai Presents ???". I wouldn't jump to things so soon especially to avid disappointment.
This is an extremely ironic statement coming from you and also a wholly unnecessary one.

If it's an announcement of an announcement we'll still at least know When the roster will be finalized. That's a big moment.

volbound1700

Smash Master
It's bittersweet knowing this ride will be coming to an end. I've been here since the September direct from base game, and now the September direct will end speculation for the game as a whole.

All I hope, more than anything, is that it's a character who is fun to play. I could say I want Travis Touchdown (lmao) or Phoenix Wright, since they're my most-wanted, but the pool is so large that Sakurai could drop anyone on me and make me happy. I'm overall so satisfied with Ultimate it's unreal. Pyra/Mythra was a shock to me in how fun they were to play. So, another surprise like that would be nice.

It's still wild that I actually got a Tekken rep in the end, along with Joker in pass 1 and Terry as well. Crazy stuff. Ultimate has treated me well.
I am kind of glad it is over to be honest. I know that sounds bad.

Tired of getting my hopes up for characters like Doomguy who don't really have a shot.

Tired of divisive speculation.

Not to mention, the Gaming industry has moved on from a lot of the IP that I value. I can't blame Nintendo and Sakurai though as some of these additions were very popular picks. It just wasn't my forte. Give me characters like Crash, Doomguy, Rayman, Bomberman, heck anyone from the Arcade era, etc. Even Assassin's Creed, Nathan Drake, Dovakin, Masterchief, Lora Croft, Jill Valentine, or the Witcher would have brought me hype. I am just not a big RPG guy and the RPGs that I like are far from the Japanese style (Diablo, Elder Scrolls, etc.).

I was very hyped for Castlevania, Banjo-Kazooie, and most of the base game first party picks (Ridley, Inkling, and King K. Rool for example)

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Wait holy crap you were right about the direct announcement. I was silently thinking you all were being pretty silly for trying to predict the exact day a Nintendo Direct would be announced but you got it! How the hell did you pull that off?

Anyways as funny as it would be for this direct to leave us with as much Smash news as we have going in, I highly doubt it. I only joined Smashboards in the latter half of speculation, but it has been an honor chewing the fat with you dudes about hot girl videos, Scrimblo McBimblos, Mii costumes, purple, the Game Awards, and other topics of ever increasing cringe. The time has come for locking in the final predictions for the next few years.

Screw it, Phoenix Wright I guess.

Suppose I should throw in an actual discussion question here too. How long do you think support will last for this game after the final fighter is released? Yknow the tournaments, Spirit Board events, and balance patches. That support died of pretty quick after Smash 4's last DLC soooo

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Also I'm done with bets at this point. Really there's no reason to do them besides rubbing it in when you are right, for a while I said it was gonna be Waluigi, but I retract my bet. I still think it will be him, but it definitely could be anyone and there's no way to know for sure. I'm just gonna go into the Smash Ultimate announcement with no expectations on who it will be. That is the best way to go into the final announcement imo.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I am glad I didnt give up hope. Now, I can be glad to not only get to experience it but also being right about it being done this month. Now, its time to wait to see if we get both the last character and whatever that missing space on FP2 is. I can just hope it really is something.
I’m still banking on the missing space being a three deluxe stages pack

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If all classes are available I'd imagine that the characters themselves are mostly cosmetic and the classes are the actual "characters".
If this is the case then the playable "characters" would probably be:
  1. Personal Class of a spoilery character: Archbishop
  2. Archer/Sniper (Bow)
  3. Emperor/Armored Lord (Edelgard)
  4. Thief/Trickster/Assassin (Sword)
  5. Wyvern Master/Barbarossa (Claude)
  6. Monk/Priest/Bishop/War Cleric/War Monk (Faith)
  7. Bow Knight (Bow, but mounted)
  8. Brawler/Grappler (Gauntlets)
  9. Fighter/Brigand/Warrior/War Master (Sword or Axe)
  10. Cavalier (Mounted Spear)
  11. Commoner/Noble (Likely plays like the class that the given character is meant to be later)
  12. Dancer (Sword I think)
  13. Dark Flier (Flying Spear + Dark Magic for flavor)
  14. Dark Knight/Death Knight (Spear + Dark Magic for flavor; Latter class is only for a spoilery character)
  15. Dark Mage/Warlock/Dark Bishop/Gremory (Dark Magic)
  16. Mercenary/Enlightened One (Byleth)
  17. Pegasus Knight/Falcon Knight (Flying Spear)
  18. Knight/Fortress Knight (Armoured Unit)
  19. Great Knight (Armoured Mounted Unit)
  20. Lord/Great Lord (IIRC, this is the class of the three house leaders before they get their personal classes)
  21. Hero (Sword)
  22. High Lord (Demitri)
  23. Valkyrie/Holy Knight (Mounted Spear + Faith)
  24. Mage (Reason)
  25. Mortal Savant (Sword + Reason)
  26. Myrmidon/Sword Master (Sword)
  27. Soldier (Spear)
  28. Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Lord
It's probably not 100% accurate, but that's still a lot, and any inaccuracies likely mean more differently playing classes.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I am glad I didnt give up hope. Now, I can be glad to not only get to experience it but also being right about it being done this month. Now, its time to wait to see if we get both the last character and whatever that missing space on FP2 is. I can just hope it really is something.
I didn't give up hope either, but I was a little bit surprised that when I searched up "Nintendo direct" today I saw an actual announcement. I searched it the last couple of days and didn't actual expect it to equate to anything.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
New theory: the release of a Deltarune chapter heralds the end of a speciation era. Chapter 1 released the day before the final base game direct, and now Deltarune Chapter 2 released less than a week before the end of the DLC.
And thus Toby Fox himself predents our final character as he's very involved with them...

Little Town Hero protag, who's gimmick is randomized frame data, damage and knockback

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Man, we're really here at the end of the road, huh?

I sure hope people enjoyed themselves more than anything. You really gotta wonder what people will do with themselves as speculation ends for good.
I'll probably be just as satisfied as I would be sad. Speculation drives me insane just as much as it makes me happy. I like speculating characters, but at the same time I'm getting tired of the same 3 names being thrown around over and over again and I'd just like to know the full roster.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Imagine if they did another guessing game.

"The next character is from capcom".
While there'd be a large amount of chaos, most people who like 1 Capcom property generally likes a ****ton of others so this would ironically enough end up being much more positively received, especially as the pool isn't narrow enough for most to get it right in a span of hours

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Although some of us is suspecting we're only going to get a reveal date of the presentation. It should be noted too given how many months it has been that the trailer for the final character is likely long finished, would there still be a reason to suddenly hold it off?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Although some of us is suspecting we're only going to get a reveal date of the presentation. It should be noted too given how many months it has been that the trailer for the final character is likely long finished, would there still be a reason to suddenly hold it off?
There is literally no reason to lol, we're getting the reveal tomorrow.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
While there'd be a large amount of chaos, most people who like 1 Capcom property generally likes a ****ton of others so this would ironically enough end up being much more positively received, especially as the pool isn't narrow enough for most to get it right in a span of hours
Yeah it would probably go something like:

Disconfirmed:
Dante
Extremely Doubted:
Anything Monster Hunter
Arthur
Highly Doubted:
Resident Evil Character
Anything Mega Man
Likely to be Brought Up:
M. Bison
Nero (Mirroring Kazuya's addition)
"They In":
Chun-Li
Phoenix Wright
Crackpot:
Morrigan
Amaterasu
Anyone Else Really

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There is literally no reason to lol, we're getting the reveal tomorrow.
I mean based on that leak or whatever it was, apparently this direct is suppose to have a ton load of content, they may want to show all that stuff first and might not have room for the final fighter thus having an announcement of the final presentation instead.

That and the idea revealing the final fighter in a direct would be anti-climatic and having said presentation with Sakurai notably thanking everyone for the 3 and a half years he had been doing Ultimate has been an honor.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
We are finally getting the direct. We should move on from this defeatist perspective and try to end on a positive note. This the final chance to speculate before all its bare laid.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mean based on that leak or whatever it was, apparently this direct is suppose to have a ton load of content, they may want to show all that stuff first and might not have room for the final fighter thus having a announcement of the final presentation instead.
The direct is as long as they plan for it to be though. If they don't make the announcement it's because they planned not to; You can't run out of time if you're the one setting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom