• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I also want an X port announcement

and the off chance something Project X Zone is shown. Either ports of the first two, or a third in development. Though for the latter I think that’s best for TGS.

Weren’t Chrom, Lucina and “Seven” revealed for PXZ2 at TGS 2015?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY.

We're going in blind with only 32 hours top for leakers (fake or otherwise) to work so let's see what's coming our way.

Y'all might wanna do one last post to your character support threads.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I've been out of the speculation game for a while now.

Who are genuinely the serious front runners for final character?
Like has there been any legit rumours/leaks at all? I feel like I haven't heard any recently.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's hoping that people don't get disproportionately upset because the final character isn't the one specific character that they wanted. (though given that people are still upset about Bayonetta being the final Smash 4 character 5+ years later, I have a bad feeling that people will be upset regardless of who it is)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Just when all seemed lost and I decided to just watch anime Star Wars on Disney+ to pass the time, then comes the Direct at LONG LAST!

Roth Direct.png

NO MORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE MR NICE GUYYYYYYYYYY

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've been pretty inactive in this thread in the last few months. As much as I love smash speculation, I'm very happy that it will come to an end finally this week. If I had to make a prediction, I would go with Arle, but honestly at this point it could be anyone.
Keep in mind the most we might get out of this direct is a release date for the Sakurai presentation.

So keep expectations low.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I know I'll be opening the can of worms a lot of us swear not to prevent salt, but I'll take one more shot at it.

Who do you think will be Challenger 11? First party? Third Party? A character under people's radar? A character requested by a lot of people? Take a guess.

For me, either Crash Bandicoot or Rayman.
My top two predictions are Lu Bu and Scorpion/Sub-Zero. I don’t think very many people will agree with me on either of those lol.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Here's hoping that people don't get disproportionately upset because the final character isn't the one specific character that they wanted. (though given that people are still upset about Bayonetta being the final Smash 4 character 5+ years later, I have a bad feeling that people will be upset regardless of who it is)
Im never getting the characters I want so Im good with anything at this point

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
I feel it's important to point out we might not get the final smash reveal tomorrow. They're putting a lot of emphasis on the fact that this direct is going to focus on "games launching this winter."

We could still get a reveal, but I wouldn't count on it.
They would likely say that Smash was in the direct if we were getting a reveal.

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice

Like has there been any legit rumours/leaks at all? I feel like I haven't heard any recently.
None. There are no frontrunners, and there haven't been for a while.
wait, what's this about the FCC?
IIRC, Nintendo filed a patent for a product that people believe is an N64 controller for the Switch, and documents in the patent are supposed to be confidential until this Friday, suggesting it will be revealed soon. It doesn't have anything to do with threats.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
So, to play a little with the requests that are high as of now.
SGT 5 is currently one of the top predictions since the game will be released soon. Can everyone else fill in the other characters still highly requested? I haven't been watching for a while.

SKX31

Smash Master
Wow Richter Vs. Min Min seems to be one of those weird matchups where they both win...

That would just make him Sonic. :4pacman:
I'm thinking more :ultwario: 's Bike, but that works too. :roll:

God, can you just imagine the playstyle of Sonic with the added floaty neutral of Kirby or Jigglypuff. And in Smash Ultimate's online?
Doesn't touch the ground for a minute straight.

:4pacman:

And I'm pretty sure this time around the post-release reception won't play as much of a role as it did for Bayo; meaning that it is decently likely that a lot of people will be upset regardless of how CP11 turns out. Not only since there likely won't be another Smash game within the next 3 years, but also due to Ultimate's status as the most successful Smash game in terms of raw sales (I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the number of people who bought FP1 / FP2 roughly equalled or even surpassed Brawl's totals - that'd be a bit more than 50 % of Ultimate's install base).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
None. There are no frontrunners, and there haven't been for a while.

IIRC, Nintendo filed a patent for a product that people believe is an N64 controller for the Switch, and documents in the patent are supposed to be confidential until this Friday, suggesting it will be revealed soon. It doesn't have anything to do with threats.
I was joking/exaggerating with the threat bit, as noted by the :secretkpop:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Most people would say "no", but there is that one guy who's absolutely convinced that it's Nahobino, so I guess he gets that title by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom