• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At this point I'm just burnt out by waiting. It'll come when it comes, there are other important things in life anyways.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Multiple points of evidence appear for a Direct: "Oh yeah a Direct is coming"
One thing that has nothing to do with any of it happens: "Direct is dead, see you all in October"

The recency bias effect in full force: We will know in one hour, patience...
On the flipside though, if it's not announced in 6~ or so hours, then we're back to where we were in the first place, completely in the dark without any idea as to what's going on.
We will get the controller leaked from the FCC, so we will get some news either way.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The controller thing could be OLED colored JoyCon combinations we haven't seen with the switch yet, e.g. Black and White, Orange and Brown, etc

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So, who else thinks this Nintendo Maintenance on October 5th means a Direct will happen by then?
We could get a Direct that announces something releasing October 5th that would necessitate the maintenance.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
"Where's My Nintendo Direct Nintendo Come on Impatience go brr That's It? No Smash? REEEE WHY DO THIS TO YOUR FANS >: (((. NOT UWU SUSSY BAKA life is pain, also my waffles aren't ready yet"

-A Nintendo Fan

Dukefire

Smash Master
A lot of us are burnt out since we are waiting for closure on Ultimate's last challenger. Honestly, eyes on the other prizes now then the one not on the shelf yet.
Screenshot_20210918-220852_YouTube.jpg

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Between the Game Boy/Nintendo 64 NSO rumours and now the control listing from the FCC, I'm reasonably confident that an announcement of something will happen reasonably soon, even if reasonably soon is in the next week or two.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Why care when it won't be and a character no one ever even thought about as seen with Terry, Sephiroth, and Kazuya.
Mike, that's definitely possible but not guaranteed.
Most Smash fans just look at the same characters in between a revealed character and an upcoming reveal; ergo, that's why they get so surprised at such reveals.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Mike, that's definitely possible but not guaranteed.
Most Smash fans just look at the same characters in between a revealed character and an upcoming reveal; ergo, that's why they get so surprised at such reveals.
Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, and Terry were the only DLC characters so far who were expected, and that's only because they were leaked beforehand.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spoot. Looks like I'll be working on that day.

If anyone could mind, could they send the link to me through PM? I wanna go in surprised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom