• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
But those are still Falcom games? Localization being made by other people and not them does not make those games as invalid Falcom games on the Switch. This is random to the point I barely get your point, if I'm being honest.

This is like saying the Ace Attorney DS games don't count as Capcom games because Nintendo were the ones who did the localization for Europe.
that's not just localization Falcom already localizes them for Playstation, NIS publishes those games as well as port them, all Nintendo falcom games are handled like this, basically a 3rd party pay's falcom and then publishes falcom's games on other platforms, so Falcom doesn't work with Nintendo in the process.

here's a fun test, search "Falcom" in the eshop and see if Ys or Trails show up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
]

tbf the esrb leak was correct and gematsu was probably correct but outdated.
oh but kens thumbs up wasn't real enough for you? :nifty: i just smashed every leak within the past eight years together. could've added a gaming mag april 1 article at the end for a little bit more spice for the one girl from 2001 in here

View attachment 303286
Please do us all a favor and never post that image again
every time an obvious fake leak is posted until you all learn some gosh darn common sense

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Be pretty big whiplash going from the biggest JRPG of all time (not named Pokemon) to a Falcom game, ngl.
That's why a Falcom rep will ideally Falcom Punch its way into the mainstream via a Smash inclusion. :4dedede:

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Steve was revealed at 3 AM in Sweden
Isn't everyone raving at 3AM in Sweden? Coincides perfectly.
Hold your horses! Lemme check.

7 AM PT = 16.00 Swedish Time (4 PM). There.

Irrelevant, its always 3 A.M. in Sweden. :4pacman:
Now that is always true. :4pacman:

But you wanna know what makes it truly Swedish? Besides IKEA and moose signs? Everyone uses "jävla [swearword]" (when jävla - devilish is the literal translation - is in itself a swearword), smörgåsbord are practically everywhere, and the local drinks are served in every bar (as well as the state-run alcohol shop chain, locally known as "The System Company" in a translated sense). Including the beer fit for F-Zero racers:

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
All this talk about the next fighter being someone hardly anybody has brought up before is driving me nuts. I’m not even gonna day why, I’ve beaten y’all over the head with it enough, I’m sorry.
When people expect the unexpected, the most surprising thing is the most mundane.

See: Byleth.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
It could be worse.

They may not even release in the near future.

Which, if Amiibo theory somehow still lives on, that means they could potentially drop mid/late March or early April lol.
I've missed this, though. We used to get a trailer and then wait a month+ for the fighter. It's exciting imo - we only know some of the moves, so it's fun to spend a while thinking about how the character will play. I like it more than revealing the character and getting their presentation three days later, especially since it makes the wait less agonizing. I'd rather wait two months, get a trailer, then wait a month for the release, as opposed to waiting three months but the release is days later. I'm a fan of knowing things more ahead of time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Still perplexes me that people are trying to construct constraints about what kind of character can or cannot be revealed when. You're really overthinking it.

Past E3 usually providing a megaton, you're unnecessarily putting yourself in a box trying to extrapolate from precedent. A character has to have a Nintendo association for a general Direct? What are you on about, Cloud was revealed in a general Direct, and he invalidated the entire notion of Nintendo association being relevant. Pokemon can only be revealed in a Smash Direct? ....what? Why? The reasoning for that one begins and ends with it not having happened otherwise yet.

Peoples' compulsion for some predictable order is really making them swing for the fences. But it doesn't work like that and it's not as complicated as you're making it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Zelda and Pokemon are both getting anniversaries but we all know how anniversary's have been for speculation.

Still, maybe this lack of a patter will be broken.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I don’t think the hoho Sakurai posted means anything. If I’m not mistaken that’s kinda the way to joke laugh in Japanese. Like “haha IF there is info on Smash? Of course there’s info on smash!” At least I think it’s something like that.
ほう (hou) isn't used to express laughs, it's used when you noticed or get interested to something. ほうほう (houhou) becomes more of a joking manner. So it means like "I'm listening" or "you cought my attention".
"Hmm..." is better translation I think.

Laughs would be something like ホホッ (hoho / elegant a little overbearing), ほほ (hoho / elegant a little softer), ほっほ (hohho / a gentle laugh of an old man), フォッフォッ (foffo / old man with full beard or Alien Baltan).

But this doesn't change anything anyway.
I think the tweet means nothing.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
:079:

Ok but for real tho if anyone wants to scout Zhuge/Imran/PracticalBrush12’s pages for info...
This actually brings a valid point. Some people like myself would rather not be spoiled. Now...do I make my exit today or tomorrow before any possible leaks?

toonito

Smash Ace
with 2020 coming out to a close and 2021 on the horizon by this time next year Fighter's Pass 2 will be decided.

3 SPOTS LEFT!

Ladies and Gentlemen....LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEE

IN ONE CORNER WE HAVE RYU HAYABUSA, RAYMAN, AND DOOOOOOOM SLAYEEEEEEER

IN CORNER 2 WE HAVE REIMU HAKUREI, CRASH BANDICOOT, AND KOOOOOOS-MOOOOOS

IN CORNER 3 WE HAVE LLOYD IRVING, YURI LOWELL, AND CHUUUUUUUUN-LIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IN CORNER 4 WE HAVE.......

NONE OF THE ABOOOOOOOVEEEEEE

FIGHT!
let's go! i have no idea who it'll be!

we'll see which of the 9 speculated characters above gets the 1st nod or will Sakurai swerve everyone again?

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Big if true.

Impossible! We can’t have any FF7 characters be announced in a general direct :4pacman:
Seriously though, you all laughed when I said they were gonna release Sephiroth again. You won’t be laughing tomorrow. I can guarantee that.:4pacman:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Shroob

Sup?
I've missed this, though. We used to get a trailer and then wait a month+ for the fighter. It's exciting imo - we only know some of the moves, so it's fun to spend a while thinking about how the character will play. I like it more than revealing the character and getting their presentation three days later, especially since it makes the wait less agonizing. I'd rather wait two months, get a trailer, then wait a month for the release, as opposed to waiting three months but the release is days later. I'm a fan of knowing things more ahead of time.
Well, that's your opinion.

I'd argue that the reveal and then waiting approach works against it tbh. Like, when Banjo was revealed, I was ecstatic as all hell, but I had to wait until he came out, so by the time he did, that hype phase was more or less gone. I was happy he was coming, sure, but it became less "HOLY **** HE'S IN SMASH!" and more "Okay, Banjo's coming in September, cool, got time to wait I guess."

To contrast, Steve and Sephiroth being revealed soo close to their release dates allowed that "HOLY CRAP!?!" to never really lose its luster. Because they were coming sooner than later, it gave us less time to get used to them. It was less "Remember when Sephiroth was shown off 2 months ago?" and more "HOLY **** HE COMES OUT SOO SOON!"

Know what I mean?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm pretty sure Hero proved that you don't need to be big in the West to be revealed at E3.

Oh yeah, and I'm going in mostly on Arle Nadja. I have a good feeling about her and she has some things going for her from Puyo Puyo's increased popularity and Sega pushing the I.P.

I'm also keeping an eye out for Crash, Reimu, and Phoenix Wright.

Speaking of Phoenix, imagine this scenario.

The direct starts and immediately we are thrown into an Ace Attorney trial. People are on the edge of their seat waiting to see if it's Smash or a new AA game. Then, they drop the bomb.......they show Joker as the defendant who stole an invitation. That invitation of course belongs to Phoenix himself. Afterwards, we get the announcement of the Great Ace Attorney collection and AA7.

I have a funny feeling this could happen.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
You clearly didn’t check hard enough. I’ve seen Ys Origins on the eShop, for one.
it. was not. published. by Falcom.

it doesn't matter if a game Falcom made is on the Eshop as long as Falcom didn't publish it it isn't their game.

sure they made it and own the ip and it is their game on other platforms but the switch version is entirely NIS, Not Falcom.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

it doesn't matter if a game Falcom made is on the Eshop as long as Falcom didn't publish it it isn't their game.

sure they made it and own the ip and it is their game on other platforms but the switch version is entirely NIS, Not Falcom.
I don't even know where to begin with this post.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Closest I can think of is this:

Probably nothing, though.
Love the fact that Dante, Master Chief, Pyramid Head, and Hayabusa are all on that games list... :007:

Shinobi does this all the time tho I follow them so I see them all the time.

SKX31

Smash Master
Hey, SKX31 SKX31 , here's a little surprise for you.

Yo,

WTF?

OUT OF ALL THE CHA
- oh that makes sense. Still, hyped!

Absolutely nice to see, especially since MOBAs like Dota's lore has been unjustly in the background and DK - nah, not going to repeat that acronym, might cause people here to imagine the more famous DK - Dragon Knight has been long defined by his kinda static gameplay (Play early game, push your first tower with the first couple Dragon transformations, get involved in teamfights, push even more / teamfight even more, get fed with late-game items and the fully upgraded Dragon transformation if the game hasn't ended yet). So it's nice to see other aspects of him expanded upon.

Especially since the concept itself is cool - I mean, we're talking a knight that transforms into a dragon and back (with cooldown for each dragon transformation, but still).

predicting scorpion, as i usually do

and when i come back from work and see 100 notifications and half of them are tags, i'll know :jojo:
If that happens, I'll let you know so that Might can indeed be Tested in Smash.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

"They own it, but they don't own it."

No, that's not how it works, at all.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I haven't been around these parts in months, I know nothing about what's going on haha

are there any potentially-credible rumors or leaks heading into this direct?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Yo,

WTF?

OUT OF ALL THE CHA
- oh that makes sense. Still, hyped!

Absolutely nice to see, especially since MOBAs like Dota's lore has been unjustly in the background and DK - nah, not going to repeat that acronym, might cause people here to imagine the more famous DK - Dragon Knight has been long defined by his kinda static gameplay (Play early game, push your first tower with the first couple Dragon transformations, get involved in teamfights, push even more / teamfight even more, get fed with late-game items and the fully upgraded Dragon transformation if the game hasn't ended yet). So it's nice to see other aspects of him expanded upon.

Especially since the concept itself is cool - I mean, we're talking a knight that transforms into a dragon and back (with cooldown for each dragon transformation, but still).
There's hoping that it leads to cool stuff down the line. Like a show focusing on Rubick would have grand potential.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I haven't been around these parts in months, I know nothing about what's going on haha

are there any potentially-credible rumors or leaks heading into this direct?
There's four we regularly discuss, but I'd take them with a grain of salt.
  • One says that Chun-Li, Lloyd, and Yuri were planned but scrapped/dropped for whatever reason. They could be added, but they could just as easily not be added. Said rumor was from around the base game, and correctly called for Erdrick/Hero, Steve, and maybe Sephiroth.
  • One claims an LoL character will be coming, as well as a Hollow Knight Mii with Sealed Vessel. It correctly guessed a Trials of Mana event and LoL games on the Switch, but it's also over a year old. I think its past its expiration date now.
  • One calls for a Falcom character, as well as a lot of Falcom titles getting ports that were each called correctly. It's from summer of last year, so I think this is its last chance.
  • One predicts KOS-MOS, Crash, and Reimu, as well as no returning Miis. It correctly guess Sephiroth, and that's about it. Wouldn't put any stock into this one; It's highly unlikely that someone would know four characters that far in advance.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
:079:

Ok but for real tho if anyone wants to scout Zhuge/Imran/PracticalBrush12’s pages for info...
I'd rather no leaks. We're just hours away from the reveal.

I mean, they could leak the character if they want but problem is, if they do, that will spread quickly because Smash is popular, so it would be hard going to the Direct without learning who's the fighter because people would talk about it on social media.

Unless they leak the character like 5 or 10 minutes before of the Direct, but I don't see the point in doing that.

Closest I can think of is this:

Probably nothing, though.
As NonSpecificGuy said, Shinobi usually does that kind of tweets all the time.

By the way, he's right. Holiday 2001 saw an absurd amount of good and historic games. I still think PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/Dreamcast era is the best one.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman

SKX31

Smash Master
There's hoping that it leads to cool stuff down the line. Like a show focusing on Rubick would have grand potential.
As you commented previously, him playable in Smash would be a disaster. I'm primarily considering the fact that Rubick, in addition to having Kirby's exact damage multiplier on the copied spell, also has no cast time (start up frames) on his spells.

You'd have instant Charged Shots (and similar stuff like Gigaflare) with the guy.
Might be better with another representative from that game.

(He'd be an hilarious AT though.)

Unless they leak the character like 5 or 10 minutes before of the Direct, but I don't see the point in doing that.
Zhuge's done that with Steve - the whole "can't believe dataminers didn't catch this" thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom