• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
People keep using the term 'free dessert' but keep in mind this is paid DLC unless these clones are actually 'FREE' then that term doesn't apply...the base roster is different than DLC...
I believe he was using the term as more of "additional content for as little cost possible." For instance, if we did, hypothetically speaking, get a clone for DLC, the character would be a bonus character in regard to the development of DLC.

Scenario 1: We get three unique DLC characters.
Scenario 2: We get three unique DLC characters and a clone character.

Hence, "free dessert."

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I believe he was using the term as more of "additional content for as little cost possible." For instance, if we did, hypothetically speaking, get a clone for DLC, the character would be a bonus character in regard to the development of DLC.

Scenario 1: We get three unique DLC characters.
Scenario 2: We get three unique DLC characters and a clone character.

Hence, "free dessert."
The clone scenario does not apply as "free desert," though, if you have to pay for it. It only works if its bundled with another character.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Of course not, but as I stated, I do not think he was referencing the price of DLC so much as the amount of DLC that we might get.
I still can't see them release a full clone character. The most I can see is a slightly more cloney semi-clone.

Morbi

Scavenger
I still can't see them release a full clone character. The most I can see is a slightly more cloney semi-clone.
I highly doubt it was well. But I just felt as though dude was jumping on his post because it had the word "free" in it and he did not bother to read the context of the word.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Here's how the "Free Dessert" thing work

If you get a newcomer DLC character (doesn't matter who), you get either :pichumelee:or:younglinkmelee: for free with no charge

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Here's how the "Free Dessert" thing work

If you get a newcomer DLC character (doesn't matter who), you get either :pichumelee:or:younglinkmelee: for free with no charge
Presented to you by Perfect World Inc.!

Seriously, we all know that's not going to happen. Even making models take work and work means money and money means they need to make more money.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I highly doubt it was well. But I just felt as though dude was jumping on his post because it had the word "free" in it and he did not bother to read the context of the word.
The context is, Sakurai comparing the Roster to a 'Gourmet Meal' and the added clones are 'Free Dessert'...We get them with the roster as an added bonus as opposed to getting them separately when we buy the game....as I stated, unless these clones are actually 'FREE' or if they are indeed bundled with another character (with no extra charge and if Suzaku Castle with Ryu is any indication it most likely won't be) then this does not apply to 'paid' DLC...

I'm just pointing out that people keep comparing this to the base roster...'odd-ball characters', 'obscure characters', 'easy to make clones' are what can be added to the base roster and Sakurai could easily get away with it (most of the time) because we are not paying for these characters separately, whereas paid DLC, aka additional content that we are paying for separately from the base roster, is a completely different story...I feel like some people aren't keeping this in mind...

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I guess "free dessert" is kind of a weird way to describe paid DLC. I mostly used that term because that's what Wintropy used to describe clones when she asked her question and that's more or less how I understand Sakurai views clones added to the base game.

Basically, I meant "free" as in doesn't take a "slot" from a unique fighter, so basically what MorbidAltruism said. I edited my post to clarify that.

I don't know what the chances of us getting a new clone or semi-clone are (I agree with JaidynReiman about semi-clones probably being more likely than full-on clones). However, I think it would make sense for Sakurai and co. to take into account development time when deciding on what DLC fighters to make, whether that means adding a cut Brawl veteran or repurposing moves or a character model from a fighter that's already in the game.

I say that mainly because Sakurai has mentioned that from here on the focus will be on "fan service" and he very well may view releasing as many ballot fighters as possible, even if it means some will be similar to other fighters on the roster, as a way to appeal to fans of as many characters as possible.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sorry, I guess "free dessert" is kind of a weird way to describe paid DLC. I mostly used that term because that's what Wintropy used to describe clones when she asked her question and that's more or less how I understand Sakurai views clones added to the base game.

Basically, I meant "free" as in doesn't take a "slot" from a unique fighter, so basically what MorbidAltruism said. I edited my post to clarify that.

I don't know what the chances of us getting a new clone or semi-clone are (I agree with JaidynReiman about semi-clones probably being more likely than a full-on clone), but I think that it would make sense for Sakurai and co. to take into account development time when deciding on what DLC fighters to make, whether that means adding a cut Brawl veteran or repurposing moves or a character model from a fighter that's already in the game.

I say that mainly because Sakurai has mentioned that from here on the focus will be on "fan service." I wouldn't be surprised if he viewed releasing as many ballot fighters as possible, even if it means some will be similar to other fighters already on the roster, as a way to appeal to fans of as many characters as possible.
I just want to clarify that I wasn't singling you out or anything, but just using that as an example, I see it a lot around the site where people keep looking at the base roster as reasoning behind why certain characters can be added as DLC...

For example...Marth and Ness were relatively unknown when they were added so that makes sense for <insert generally obscure character here> to be added to DLC so they can get more exposure....
Another example...Wii Fit Trainer fits the joke character niche just like <insert odd-ball character here> if he became DLC...
Final example...Dark Pit and Lucina were easy to make clones that took almost no development time, so <insert obvious clone character here> can get into DLC because they'd be an easy to make clone of <insert their original counterpart here>...

I'm not saying Sakurai won't give us any clones for DLC, but I think there are other factors that need to be taken into consideration other than 'they are easy to make'...Pichu and Young Link for example have vet status in their favour in addition to them being easy to make clones...I personally feel they have served their purpose back in melee and seeing as the general public doesn't really like them very much, vet status may not be enough...

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I just want to clarify that I wasn't singling you out or anything, but just using that as an example, I see it a lot around the site where people keep looking at the base roster as reasoning behind why certain characters can be added as DLC...

For example...Marth and Ness were relatively unknown when they were added so that makes sense for <insert generally obscure character here> to be added to DLC so they can get more exposure....
Another example...Wii Fit Trainer fits the joke character niche just like <insert odd-ball character here> if he became DLC...
Final example...Dark Pit and Lucina were easy to make clones that took almost no development time, so <insert obvious clone character here> can get into DLC because they'd be an easy to make clone of <insert their original counterpart here>...

I'm not saying Sakurai won't give us any clones for DLC, but I think there are other factors that need to be taken into consideration other than 'they are easy to make'...Pichu and Young Link for example have vet status in their favour in addition to them being easy to make clones...I personally feel they have served their purpose back in melee and seeing as the general public doesn't really like them very much, vet status may not be enough...
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't really think you were singling me out either, so no worries about that. I just felt like I should clarify.

I agree with you about the bit in bold. I feel like the chances of getting a relatively obscure character, especially one from a series that hasn't had a character in Smash yet, as a new clone or semi-clone isn't super likely to happen (I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it if it did happen though). I think that if we get a new clone or semi-clone, it'd probably be a character with decent support in the ballot who has similarities to a fighter already in the roster.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Maybe we'll get an extra and unexpected character depending on availability of assets
Like, say, hypothetically
Has an active character model
Who already has animations that fighters use
And a character who continues to be highly requested
But no good, worthwhile or in-character role in the current game whatsoever
And is a Dragon
Who is Purple
And from the Metroid Franchise
By which I mean Ridley

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I feel young again. I don't think anyone here missed me?

Also that Layton rumour made gamexplain less reliable lol

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Maybe we'll get an extra and unexpected character depending on availability of assets
Like, say, hypothetically
Has an active character model
Who already has animations that fighters use
And a character who continues to be requested
But no good, worthwhile or in-character role in the current game whatsoever
Who is Purple
By which I mean Nabbit
I fixed it for you.

I need a thief in Smash.
And a new Mario character.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
We need so many characters that the full list won't fit into anyone's head!
  • painter
  • wizard
  • witch
  • samurai
  • eagle
  • evil goddess
  • pop star
  • 4D person
  • rock star
  • elemental monster
  • fisherman
  • baker
  • pirate
  • general
  • toilet roll
ect ect ect

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I fixed it for you.

I need a thief in Smash.
And a new Mario character.
I actually could see Nabbit make it as a playable character in Smash 5 if he keeps on making appearances. At least, am embracing the idea before I set my mind too hard on Toad again, and be dissapointed in the end, again (even though I think Rosalina and Bowser Jr. are actually pretty damn cool).

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I've seen a fair amount of people complaining about Pikachu Libre being in Pokken, claiming that Hawlucha would have been a much better character etc.
Reminds me of something, huh:4lucina::4drmario::4darkpit:?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I've seen a fair amount of people complaining about Pikachu Libre being in Pokken, claiming that Hawlucha would have been a much better character etc.
Can't say I blame them honestly. 700+ Pokemon, including a fan favourite who is a lucha libre Pokemon and you pick Pikachu TWICE on a roster with TEN characters?

Yeah, people have the right to question this on such a small roster. This is even more a bizarre choice than on Smash when you still have a little bit left to add new characters.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There's a lot of uncertainty concerning how many characters we might be getting for Pokken since its the first game in its series we have nothing to really base anything off of...As it stands the CSS allows 14 characters and given the current roster we have that's 4 more characters...of course the CSS can always expand to allow for more characters but if it remains the same for the final console release then a small roster size doesn't really allow for any characters that share a similar niche...in this case the Luchadore...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My friend @ smashkirby smashkirby made this moveset for a Pilotwings character in Smash, he really wants to know what you think of it.

Playstyle and Moveset:
Ground Speed - 5/10: Lark has decent speed on the ground.

Air Speed - 9/10: I'm intending for Lark to have an AMAZING air game, if not the best air game in the Smash series as a whole to reference his being a pilot (or pilot-in-training?) and all.
Size 5(?)-6(?)/10: I've envisioned him to be, say, :4littlemac:'s height? Maybe a bit taller.

Weight 4/10: Lark is a light-ish character that can be launched fairly easily. Not to Glass Cannon proportions obviously, but still somewhat light due to his size and all. Again, the slight lightness referencing his whole pilot persona. Overall, about as light as :4luigi:.
Fall Speed 4/10: Again, referencing his whole pilot persona from the Pilot Wings games, Lark falls at an unusually slow rate.

Jump Height 10/10: Lark's jump height is definitely above average. Because he can fly with the help of his Birdman suit! (For 3 jumps.)

Traction 3/10: Lark has somewhat decent traction, but he does slide just a tad bit when turning.

Lark's playstyle and moveset involves him using various pilot gear to fight as well as utilizng his Birdman suit from Pilot Wings 64, resulting in him using some moves similar to Falco, but different in function. I wanted to make Lark somewhat average on the ground, decent speed, power, and endurance. But in the air, that's where Lark would TRULY shine. Speedy, Durable, and his air game overall would equip him with some of the most deadly combos.

Normal Attacks:
Jab Combo: Lark begins with one large poke from the right wing of his Birdman suit. A swipe from the left wing, and a forced slam from both wings, Very similar to :4palutena:'s side smash. Only difference is that the wind box is not as large, and the knockback is nowhere near as great. This move can be infinitely held, with Lark rapidly "poking" his opponents with the tip of the wings, ending the wing slam.
Side Tilt: A VERY large swipe with the left wing of his Birdman suit. Similar to :4zelda:'s side tilt, but a windbox is produced, destroying weak projectiles, and not as much knockback.
Up Tilt: Performs an upwards triple kick with the Jumble Hopper spring shoes in the style of :4pit: and :4sonic:'s UTilts. The final kick does a lot more knockback, but just enough so that Lark can follow up with a multitude of aerial attacks

Down Tilt: Lark sweeps the floor with the right wing. No knockback or wind box, but can be used rapidly and repeatedly to trip opponents

Dash Attack: Lark rushes in with a big headbutt to his opponents, courtesy of his helmet. Does amazing knockback, and can KO at very high percentages.

Final Smash:
Cannon: The cannon from PW 64 is used by Lark in a manner almost identical to that of the Dragoon item in Brawl and Smash 4. A colossal cannon comes out of nowhere, dropping from the sky. Excitedly, Lark hops inside preparing to fire himself at his opponents from the foreground. Be very careful though, as Lark has quite a small window of time to fire himself at his opponents. He has a span of 15 seconds. If he does not fire himself in that window of time, the FS will abruptly cancel itself, and Lark will return to the stage as if nothing had just happened. If he does fire himself however, Lark will deal MASSIVE damage and knockback to whoever he manages to hit, to the point where it is almost always going to be a OHKO. BTW, it should be noted that the FS one-use only, so Lark must time the attack right, and position himself carefully.

Taunts:

Side: Lark makes a funny face in whatever direction he's facing.
Up: Lark takes off his helmet, blows on it, uses his elbow to wipe it clean, and straps it back on his head. BTW, during the time Lark's helmet is taken off, his messy, unkempt, semi-spiky hair can be seen. Obviously, this will be the only giveaway that Lark and Nester, the mascot of Nintendo Power, ARE in fact, the exact same person.
Down: Lark attempts to rapidly flap the wings of his Birdman suit, actually lifting himself off of the ground for about 3-5 seconds, he then gets tired and falls back down onto the ground, landing on his butt. All with a cheerful little smile.

Entrance:
Lark flies in via his Gyrocopter, and uses a parachute to float safely down to the ground. However, the parachute ends up covering his body, and he quickly struggles to get out from under it and eventually gets out.

Victory Poses:
1. Lark jumps up high into the air happily shouting "Yahoo!!!"
2. The little penguin from Lark's side special attempts to waddle over to Lark, but instead Lark walks over to it, and gives it a big hug.
3. Lark basically performs his entrance animation from the start of a match, but this time, he can't get out from under the parachute.

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me with palette swaps. I'm planning on having it that Kiwi (also from Pilot Wings 64) would be an alt. skin of Lark. I envision the costumes to be like this:

Lark:
Normal outfit (Red, white, yellow, orange) (Blue jeans) (Red sneakers) (Red and white helmet)
Goose (A character also from Pilot Wings 64) (United States-themed (Red, white, and blue) version of Lark's pilot outfit) (Red jeans) (Blue sneakers) (United States-themed helmet)
Hawk (Pilot Wings 64 character) (Red, Navy blue, and black version of Lark's pilot outfit) (Black jeans) (Black sneakers) (Yellow and green helmet)
Civilian outfit (Red baseball cap turned backwards, Black t-shirt with the #28 written on it) (Blue jeans) (Red sneakers)

Kiwi:
Normal outfit (Pink, cyan, purple, and orange pilot suit) (Pink shorts) (Orange shoes) (Pink helmet)
Ibis (PW 64 character) (Green, orange, and black version of Kiwi's pilot outfit) (Green shorts) (Yellow shoes) (Black helmet)
Hooter (PW 64 character) (Blue, white, and yellow version of Kiwi's pilot outfit) (Blue shorts) (Black shoes) (Blue and cyan helmet)
Civilian outfit (Yellow dress) (Cute little brown dress shoes)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
My friend @ smashkirby smashkirby made this moveset for a Pilotwings character in Smash, he really wants to know what you think of it.

Playstyle and Moveset:
Ground Speed - 5/10: Lark has decent speed on the ground.

Air Speed - 9/10: I'm intending for Lark to have an AMAZING air game, if not the best air game in the Smash series as a whole to reference his being a pilot (or pilot-in-training?) and all.
Size 5(?)-6(?)/10: I've envisioned him to be, say, :4littlemac:'s height? Maybe a bit taller.

Weight 4/10: Lark is a light-ish character that can be launched fairly easily. Not to Glass Cannon proportions obviously, but still somewhat light due to his size and all. Again, the slight lightness referencing his whole pilot persona. Overall, about as light as :4luigi:.
Fall Speed 4/10: Again, referencing his whole pilot persona from the Pilot Wings games, Lark falls at an unusually slow rate.

Jump Height 10/10: Lark's jump height is definitely above average. Because he can fly with the help of his Birdman suit! (For 3 jumps.)

Traction 3/10: Lark has somewhat decent traction, but he does slide just a tad bit when turning.

Lark's playstyle and moveset involves him using various pilot gear to fight as well as utilizng his Birdman suit from Pilot Wings 64, resulting in him using some moves similar to Falco, but different in function. I wanted to make Lark somewhat average on the ground, decent speed, power, and endurance. But in the air, that's where Lark would TRULY shine. Speedy, Durable, and his air game overall would equip him with some of the most deadly combos.

Normal Attacks:
Jab Combo: Lark begins with one large poke from the right wing of his Birdman suit. A swipe from the left wing, and a forced slam from both wings, Very similar to :4palutena:'s side smash. Only difference is that the wind box is not as large, and the knockback is nowhere near as great. This move can be infinitely held, with Lark rapidly "poking" his opponents with the tip of the wings, ending the wing slam.
Side Tilt: A VERY large swipe with the left wing of his Birdman suit. Similar to :4zelda:'s side tilt, but a windbox is produced, destroying weak projectiles, and not as much knockback.
Up Tilt: Performs an upwards triple kick with the Jumble Hopper spring shoes in the style of :4pit: and :4sonic:'s UTilts. The final kick does a lot more knockback, but just enough so that Lark can follow up with a multitude of aerial attacks

Down Tilt: Lark sweeps the floor with the right wing. No knockback or wind box, but can be used rapidly and repeatedly to trip opponents

Dash Attack: Lark rushes in with a big headbutt to his opponents, courtesy of his helmet. Does amazing knockback, and can KO at very high percentages.

Final Smash:
Cannon: The cannon from PW 64 is used by Lark in a manner almost identical to that of the Dragoon item in Brawl and Smash 4. A colossal cannon comes out of nowhere, dropping from the sky. Excitedly, Lark hops inside preparing to fire himself at his opponents from the foreground. Be very careful though, as Lark has quite a small window of time to fire himself at his opponents. He has a span of 15 seconds. If he does not fire himself in that window of time, the FS will abruptly cancel itself, and Lark will return to the stage as if nothing had just happened. If he does fire himself however, Lark will deal MASSIVE damage and knockback to whoever he manages to hit, to the point where it is almost always going to be a OHKO. BTW, it should be noted that the FS one-use only, so Lark must time the attack right, and position himself carefully.
Taunts:
Side: Lark makes a funny face in whatever direction he's facing.
Up: Lark takes off his helmet, blows on it, uses his elbow to wipe it clean, and straps it back on his head. BTW, during the time Lark's helmet is taken off, his messy, unkempt, semi-spiky hair can be seen. Obviously, this will be the only giveaway that Lark and Nester, the mascot of Nintendo Power, ARE in fact, the exact same person.
Down: Lark attempts to rapidly flap the wings of his Birdman suit, actually lifting himself off of the ground for about 3-5 seconds, he then gets tired and falls back down onto the ground, landing on his butt. All with a cheerful little smile.

Entrance:
Lark flies in via his Gyrocopter, and uses a parachute to float safely down to the ground. However, the parachute ends up covering his body, and he quickly struggles to get out from under it and eventually gets out.

Victory Poses:
1. Lark jumps up high into the air happily shouting "Yahoo!!!"
2. The little penguin from Lark's side special attempts to waddle over to Lark, but instead Lark walks over to it, and gives it a big hug.
3. Lark basically performs his entrance animation from the start of a match, but this time, he can't get out from under the parachute.

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me with palette swaps. I'm planning on having it that Kiwi (also from Pilot Wings 64) would be an alt. skin of Lark. I envision the costumes to be like this:

Lark:
Normal outfit (Red, white, yellow, orange) (Blue jeans) (Red sneakers) (Red and white helmet)
Goose (A character also from Pilot Wings 64) (United States-themed (Red, white, and blue) version of Lark's pilot outfit) (Red jeans) (Blue sneakers) (United States-themed helmet)
Hawk (Pilot Wings 64 character) (Red, Navy blue, and black version of Lark's pilot outfit) (Black jeans) (Black sneakers) (Yellow and green helmet)
Civilian outfit (Red baseball cap turned backwards, Black t-shirt with the #28 written on it) (Blue jeans) (Red sneakers)

Kiwi:
Normal outfit (Pink, cyan, purple, and orange pilot suit) (Pink shorts) (Orange shoes) (Pink helmet)
Ibis (PW 64 character) (Green, orange, and black version of Kiwi's pilot outfit) (Green shorts) (Yellow shoes) (Black helmet)
Hooter (PW 64 character) (Blue, white, and yellow version of Kiwi's pilot outfit) (Blue shorts) (Black shoes) (Blue and cyan helmet)
Civilian outfit (Yellow dress) (Cute little brown dress shoes)

Thanks! @BluePikmin11! BTW, you forgot something:

Smash Attacks:

Side: Lark performs a grounded dive, sliding into any opponents in his path. Similar to his dash attack, but doesn't travel as far, and does more knockback. Can KO earlier than his dash attack as well.
Up: With the help of his Jumble Hopper spring boots, Lark hops upwards with SO much force, that his helmet sends opponents flying straight upwards, allowing him to follow up with many aerial attacks. KO at...I don't know. 100%? 110%? 120%?
Down: Lark rapidly spins along the ground, similar to :4peach:, but attacking with his right foot and left wing. Does a lot of damage, but the knockback will leave a bit to be desired. The most damaging of all his Smash Attacks, but has the least knockback.

Grabs:
Lark will grab with one hand.
Pummel: Lark head-bangs the opponent with his helmet.
Forward: Lark performs a Judo Throw, sending opponents flying headfirst. Has a VERY small windbox for nearby opponents.
Backward: Lark tosses the opponent over his head and behind him, backhand-punching the opponent away.
Up: Lark tosses the opponent upwards, using his helmet to send them further upward.
Down: Lark tosses his opponent downwards, jumping high into the air, and then landing, performing a big body slam onto them. Supposed to reference the Skydiving mini game from Pilot Wings 64.
Aerials:
This is where I thought Lark would TRULY shine in terms of attacks and combos BTW, with the exception of his DAir, all of his aerial attacks are multi-hitting.

NAir: Lark performs a seriously rapid spin in the air, similar to :4falco:, but more damaging, and the knockback is almost non-existent, meaning he could folow up with some more aerials
FAir: Lark spreads the wings of his Birdman suit extending them forward, rapidly jabbing at his opponents.
BAir: Basically performs a "winged" version of Fox's FAir, but instead the wings are directly behind him, rather than directing them diagonally like Fox's feet when he performs his FAir.
UAir: Lark rapidly flaps the wings of his Birdman suit above him, doing multiple hits. Has a windbox that goes a distance. Think of :4gaw:'s UAir in Smash 4, but the windbox isn't as strong (Don't know if :4gaw:'s UAir in Brawl had the same effect.)
DAir: Lark sends himself downwards, head-first. Can meteor smash at any frame, but only if the opponent is hit by his "actual" head. The opponent will NOT be meteor smashed if they are hit by the side of Lark's head or any other part of his body. (Think of the :4miibrawl:'s Headache Maker DSpecial.)

Specials:

B: Boost Ring - Although not necessarily used in this manner in the games, this move utilizes the floating rings/orbs that are a staple of the Pilot Wings games. When used, Lark places a floating ring in front of him which can be passed to give him an instant momentum boost to dash into opponents, sending them flying from the collision. However, opponents can also go through this ring as well, which can be used to their advantage as well, rushing into other opponents (including Lark!), and doing damage to them as well. As a matter of fact, if the opponent uses the ring to crash into Lark, he actually takes more knockback, similar to if :4duckhunt:'s Trick Shot is sent flying back at them. BTW, depending on the character's weight, the move could cause less knockback or more. For example: if :4kirby: goes through a ring, his knockback is very small, so you don't need to worry about lightweights. If :4mario: or any middleweights walk through, the knockback is...decent, to say the least. But, if any heavyweights, such as :4bowser: were to go through, watch out! Get out of the way as soon as possible or you'll be sent flying into next week! Don't worry though, because if you happen to place the ring just right, it could be used as a trap to rush an opponent offstage, sending them so far away, so fast, it won't be too likely that they'll be able to make it back to the stage.

Side+B: Penguin Dive - Lark tosses a Penguin in the direction he is facing which opponents can send sliding back at him, if he's not careful. When sliding into opponents, the Penguin will do decent knockback and damage if it hits. If the Penguin does NOT hit, opponents may trip over the VERY small trail of ice it leaves behind. The Penguin can be struck away like the Waddle Dees. Upon landing on the ground, the penguins will just waddle around and do nothing, before disappearing. Sometimes they might steal an item and bring it back to Lark.

Up+B: Rocket Belt - This move works as a recovery (similar to :4rob:'s U-Special), but the thrusters burn opponents behind or below you. Unlike the item, this Rocket Belt cannot be used "infinitely" like the item, and instead bursts upwards with blazing speed and does great knockback at the start of takeoff. Similar to :4palutena:'s Rocket Jump, but travels MUCH higher vertically. Sadly, this move has little to no horizontal recovery.

Down+B: Parachute - This move would work like :gawmelee:'s N-Air in Melee, and would also grant you super slow falling speed like :4peach:'s U-Special. However, the move itself does NOT give Lark extra altitude, but it is great for covering long horizontal distances while falling. (Only damages the second it opens. Afterwards, if you're not careful, Lark can be gimped from recovering if the opponent were to hit him. If they end up hitting the parachute, the opponent takes damage)

jamesster445

Smash Lord
So apparently Nintendo is bringing Smash bros to PAX this weekend along with some other games. Potential DLC announcement anyone?

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
Hi guys i know this is out of the topic but ummmm how do i post a thread in the forum section ? cuz i created a Conversation (u can check it out) and i don't know how to uploaded on the forums.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Shouldn't be impossible. Capcom let major characters like X and Zero become costumes. Smash Bros too can lay claim to featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series.
If that happens give me RE Mii Fighter costumes of Chris and Jill as gunners. But we need more Sega franchises. Especially Phantasy Star, Bayonetta, Shinobi, Jet Set Radio and SMT/Persona

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If that happens give me RE Mii Fighter costumes of Chris and Jill as gunners. But we need more Sega franchises. Especially Phantasy Star, Bayonetta, Shinobi, Jet Set Radio and SMT/Persona
I doubt they would do Chris or Jill as gunners, because having realistic looking guns in Smash is a no no. For Sega I could see Joe Musashi as a sword fighter and Axel Stone as a brawler, maybe Ryo Hazuki or Kazumai Kiryu as brawlers too.

D

Deleted member

So apparently Nintendo is bringing Smash bros to PAX this weekend along with some other games. Potential DLC announcement anyone?
Remember when people thought that we were gonna get a character during last year's VGX?

And then we got Cranky......

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Y'know, i'm honestly starting to believe that we might not be seeing another Direct until Early October when the Ballot ends. What i'm thinking will happen is either...

1) We get a general Direct in early October that announces everything related to the Smash Ballot and DLC in general.

2) We get a Smash Direct in early October for all the ballot DLC and then a general Direct in November like last year. Presumably, this general Direct would also reveal Wolf as Star Fox Zero is coming out that month and that Wolf's release would coincide with the November 20th release date of Star Fox Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom