• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
See, the problem I have with Midna is she's so limited in context. There's other characters who could be handled well, but Midna is essentially like Blaze the Cat. If you give her a story role, you have to excuse the fact that she's supposed to be trapped in the Twilight Realm, and you'd have to keep bringing the Twilight Realm back over and over to justify her inclusion.

Meanwhile, other characters like Darunia, Groose, Ruto, Nabooru, Malon, Tingle, can all be justified as just being descendants/ancestors of other characters of the same name, like most other major recurring characters. And other characters like Ghirahim (or Saria :D) could just be the same character from game-to-game.

There's a ton of characters who could fill in this notion of being a recurring character in the Zelda games without major problems. Midna, due to where she originates, is EXTREMELY difficult to pull off story-wise. So the only thing that Midna could do is appear in non-canon games or very, very few games where the Twilight Realm is involved (and there's a slim chance of that happening).

I do want Nintendo to make more recurring Zelda characters, there's plenty of potential there. Unfortunately, Midna is a huge problem point when it comes to storylines, and Zelda games tend to rely heavily on the story (even lame stories). Its difficult to even put Midna in as a minor character who just shows up because it would have to be justified by the story.
There is no reason not to bring back the Twilight Realm...or Lorule...or Termina....a lot of these alternate worlds contain some very interesting backstories and lore and a lot of fans are very interested to see them return in another game....ESPECIALLY the Twilight Realm and the character Midna...It isn't really a huge problem if sequels and/or prequels are made to extend the storylines or expand upon them...

I imagine a sequal to TP titled 'Return to Twilight' or a prequal that features events that transpire into the story of Twilight Princess ending when Midna first encounters Wolf Link...the thing is there's a lot of potential for what Nintendo already has as opposed to making new stuff all the time, not that I'm complaining....why do you think Hyrule Warriors did so well we not only got to see fan favourites from the Zelda series but we also got to play as them (save for Skull Kid :()

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, i have an idea........

How about we talk of a hypothetical roster for a villain-only Smash game?

Here's an idea of a villain-only roster (dubbed SUPER CRASH VILLAINS and antagonists)
Bowser
Bowser Jr and Koopalings
King Boo

Kamek

Wario Land Wario
Captain Syrup
Waluigi

Ganondorf
Pig Ganon
Vaati
Ghirahim
Skull Kid

Ridley
Dark Samus
Mother Brain

The original Donkey Kong from the arcades.
King K.Rool

Porky
Masked Man

Medusa
Hades
Eggplant Wizard :troll:(http://angstyguy.deviantart.com/art/Eggplant-Wizard-s-SSBB-Moves-54223163)

King Dedede
Meta Knight
Dark Matter

King Hippo
Bald Bull

Wolf
Leon Powalski
Andross

Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Black Knight from FE
Medeus from FE

Alex from Golden Sun
Saturos with Menardi alt.

Plasm Wraith

Mewtwo
Team Rocket (something like this:http://professorfandango.deviantart.com/art/SMASH-ROCKET-527087689)
Meowth

Zanza from Xenoblade

Third Parties:
Dr. Wily
Dr. "Eggman" Robotnik
M.Bison
Heihachi Mishima
Dracula from Castlevania

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The only reason why I consider Jumpman as a possibility (at least for the next game) is because I think he would be the next surprise retro. I do not care if he's a third Mario or not, what he represents in the roster is very historical, representing Nintendo's arcade era with Nintendo's important arcade game. (Donkey Kong) And there is some appeal with Jumpman with his mischievous behavior and has potential to take nods to other Nintendo arcade games to make him a pretty unique character.

Keep mocking all you want, but I boldly stand for my belief.!It's something I can see Sakurai do as one of the possible surprise additions. That or a Hanafuda character in Smash Bros. 5 and it would essentially complete Nintendo's most important moments in early history.

Thank you for reading~

:drifloon:
Jumpman is still Mario regardless of uniqueness :p

I wonder would Jigglypuff have been the most requested character for Smash 4 if she had been cut from Brawl?
I'm gonna get hate for this, but had she was cut, I would've left her there and came back as DLC

*runs away*

Jiggs earned her place, but that's how I would've done it had she was cut from Brawl

Cranky could work as long as he takes nods to other arcade games. Cranky and his cane is not enough for me personally.
Dude! The cane. THE CANE!!!

It's unique and a new weapon style. Like Morgan went all ass whipping on the Walking Dead

:troll:

Before Brawl: I hope that stupid Kirby ripoff never comes back into Smash.
After Brawl: How dare you Sakurai, cutting one of the Original 12, you heartless monster.
The funny thing was that Jigglypuff was almost cut in Melee and in Brawl.
Source: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/05/31/things-you-may-not-know-about-jigglypuff/
Okay, her being cut in Melee would've made quite an impact for the whole "Original 12" concept

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I still stand by my belief that "repping" is dumb and there is far too much focus on the community of what a series something comes from and not nearly enough of the quality of what is brought. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I honestly see the way you say it and on that note, I do agree, but I really am confused when it's stated tbh.

like, sure, I really don;t liek the mentality of quantity as repping and the mere proportion as repping, but me getting more complex is also talking about repping.

Like, if I tell that there;s some redundancy in certain series, that's still about repping, but it's a bit more justified (it's liek overkill instead of overrep).

The word repping is jsut the fact of representation and Sakurai did said that the repping of franchise was taken into consideration.

So, the way repping is usually evaluated, yep, I really don;t like it, but I won't say repping doesn't exist.....

idk but that opinion has been said in very confusing ways to me......

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I completely and vehemently disagree.
You could say the same thing about Rosalina.
Does it make sense that Rosalina is golfing and racing with Mario and his friends?
Not really. But they excuse it because she's popular.

The overall story is not THAT important to Zelda, at least not so much that they absolutely have to abide by what the previous games said happened.
They could easily just say that Midna has incarnations like Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa, and I'm guessing Tingle? Or maybe in a future game they find a way to fix the Mirror of Twilight. It really doesn't matter.

And more importantly, it doesn't matter to me. I want more Midna, and I want more Ghirahim. And I don't really care whose story has to be retconned to make that happen.

EDIT: Come to think of it, this argument is completely flawed. Tingle has a very specific origin and story in Majora's Mask, yet appears in The Wind Waker and many other games with no explanation.
Tingle isn't a central role in the story of any game (except his own). In Majora's Mask, he's an old man who thinks he's a Kokiri. In every other game?

He's exactly the same. He's still an old man who thinks he's a Kokiri/fairy. In Majora's Mask he's specifically got a father as well, but that's not a huge central thing to his backstory.

Midna is in a special situation. In spinoffs, sure, she could still appear, but its harder to justify her inclusion, unless they create a proper human/hylian version of her to appear in other games (such as games set before the Twilight Realm was created).

And I'm aware that story doesn't matter that much, but you can't compare Mario spinoffs to Zelda ones. All Zelda games are story-based, and they tend to go with a gimmick and justify the story around it, rather than trying to make direct sequels to existing games and the like.

Hyrule Warriors is the first time any Zelda title has even involved major characters from past games barring the main four (minor characters have been recurring characters in the past, though; and yes, Tingle is a minor character in overall Zelda lore, he just has a lot of appearances... in minor roles).

There is no reason not to bring back the Twilight Realm...or Lorule...or Termina....a lot of these alternate worlds contain some very interesting backstories and lore and a lot of fans are very interested to see them return in another game....ESPECIALLY the Twilight Realm and the character Midna...It isn't really a huge problem if sequels and/or prequels are made to extend the storylines or expand upon them...

I imagine a sequal to TP titled 'Return to Twilight' or a prequal that features events that transpire into the story of Twilight Princess ending when Midna first encounters Wolf Link...the thing is there's a lot of potential for what Nintendo already has as opposed to making new stuff all the time, not that I'm complaining....why do you think Hyrule Warriors did so well we not only got to see fan favourites from the Zelda series but we also got to play as them (save for Skull Kid :()
I'd love to see these areas appear again. There's just one problem;

They've never done it to date.

They always create new places to explore instead of reusing old ones. Barring one exception and that's Hyrule itself. They reuse the term "Dark World" in Four Swords Adventures, but its nothing like the Dark World of Link to the Past. I'd love for them to have more coherent worlds, but they've never done that to date.

For example, I think it'd be interesting if Termina is actually connected to Lorule.

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone seen AdamEEntertainment's video on how Banjo & Kazooie are actually viable for smash?

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone mind taking a little survey on what series they think are repped well and what not? http://goo.gl/forms/FqqLSHfFwu
I promise it won't hurt! Okay, maybe it hurts just a little.
Ice Climber and Metal Gear are clearly overrepresented. IC got an entire Smash Run enemy and even music. Snake got that name drop in the 50 fact extravaganza. They have a disproportionate amount of content compared to other, more deserving franchises. :troll:

Random thought - I'm always amused by Mother fans saying the series is underrepresented and needs more stuff. Mother should be thanking its lucky stars that it's even here in the first place. It's a series with three games, none of which repeat the same protagonist. It's not very popular. And there are absolutely no plans to make more. I feel a more business-minded and brutal developer would've said, "don't waste your time on this garbage." I'm pretty glad with the stuff there is. As a fan, obviously I always want more, but I think Mother is fine. Now bring back Fourside.

I honestly see the way you say it and on that note, I do agree, but I really am confused when it's stated tbh.

like, sure, I really don;t liek the mentality of quantity as repping and the mere proportion as repping, but me getting more complex is also talking about repping.

Like, if I tell that there;s some redundancy in certain series, that's still about repping, but it's a bit more justified (it's liek overkill instead of overrep).

The word repping is jsut the fact of representation and Sakurai did said that the repping of franchise was taken into consideration.

So, the way repping is usually evaluated, yep, I really don;t like it, but I won't say repping doesn't exist.....

idk but that opinion has been said in very confusing ways to me......
Oh from a dev standpoint representation absolutely needs to be taken into account. t doesn't matter how amazing your roster is in uniqueness but if you have 3 Mario characters and 8 punch out characters things will not go well.

Now getting out of hyperbole. . . but the community (the fans) focus too much on reps. People refuse to even think of having another mario or pokemon character because they are too "over-repped." It doesn't matter how popular, unique, or important a character is if they come form a series with one too many characters.
Multiple fanbases have become desperate and begun supporting nobodies or characters that offer very ittle to he roster just so that some quote of "repping" can be fulfilled. The Metroid fanbase is probably the party most often guilty of this. I would argue LoZ is as well.
Now I could also go into how AT and stages and items are consistently ignored in repping but that is an entirely different argument. . . Seriously so many zelda items and AT

TLDR, devs obviously should watch how much content each series gets but the fanbase (us) needs to pay a little less attention to it and focus more on characters themselves.

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
Oh from a dev standpoint representation absolutely needs to be taken into account. t doesn't matter how amazing your roster is in uniqueness but if you have 3 Mario characters and 8 punch out characters things will not go well.

Now getting out of hyperbole. . . but the community (the fans) focus too much on reps. People refuse to even think of having another mario or pokemon character because they are too "over-repped." It doesn't matter how popular, unique, or important a character is if they come form a series with one too many characters.
Multiple fanbases have become desperate and begun supporting nobodies or characters that offer very ittle to he roster just so that some quote of "repping" can be fulfilled. The Metroid fanbase is probably the party most often guilty of this. I would argue LoZ is as well.
Now I could also go into how AT and stages and items are consistently ignored in repping but that is an entirely different argument. . . Seriously so many zelda items and AT

TLDR, devs obviously should watch how much content each series gets but the fanbase (us) needs to pay a little less attention to it and focus more on characters themselves.

Phrased like this I find your point even better. In particular I think there are a lot of pokemon and fire emblem characters that would make good smashers.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Well, I meant that, like I never got the number logic and it was so obvious with how it went with mario of how flawed it was top think by numbers.

When we had 4 peopel said it was enough so no more.

After rosalina "nah,. now we are DEFINITELY done with mario".

After bowser jr and dr mario "WHY YOU'RE DOING THIS TO ME?".

Yeah, it just made so little sense.

And as for AT and stage, take it like this: you could complain about the third phase being annoying, you could complain about the music cutting the best part, but I will be forever thankful that the paper mario stage even exist. Seriously do you know what I wanted at least?

just ONE music. Not only I got it, but I got a stage, I have like NO reason to complain, wanting the character is just not a necessity (but I would play the game a lot more).

So stages and AT are repping. Especially the former, it';s really substantial.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pro Tip: When someone voices how they want their voice to be heard to get a beloved character more recognition, do not carefully explain why they'll never get their wish.

Strangely, they don't seem to enjoy it.

D

Deleted member

I remember when 85% of Smash speculators thought that Bowser Jr. was not gonna get in because "MUH REPS" since Rosalina was already revealed....

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
A character added for Mario is one that could have been added to a different series. The idea, supposedly, is that some series are - unfairly - ignored, while other series, which have more than enough content to please fans, continue to get more. A redistribution of representation, I suppose. If you're a fan of F-Zero and you keep getting stuck with Mute City variants for your stage while other series get cool and exciting stages (except you, Pac-Land. You sit in the corner and think about what you've done), you might get a little salty. It's the perception that your favorite series is being treated as an aside while a series that has more than enough to make any superfan happy continues to get more.

I kinda swing both ways on this argument. On the one hand, I don't like the roster to be disproportionately one series. On the other hand, I want Ivysaur to come back and I don't want to cut any more Pokemon reps.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Pro Tip: When someone voices how they want their voice to be heard to get a beloved character more recognition, do not carefully explain why they'll never get their wish.

Strangely, they don't seem to enjoy it.
I'm not saying she can't get more recognition, I just find it iffy in the off chance we do get more recurring characters she'll appear -that- much due to the circumstances...

A character added for Mario is one that could have been added to a different series. The idea, supposedly, is that some series are - unfairly - ignored, while other series, which have more than enough content to please fans, continue to get more. A redistribution of representation, I suppose. If you're a fan of F-Zero and you keep getting stuck with Mute City variants for your stage while other series get cool and exciting stages (except you, Pac-Land. You sit in the corner and think about what you've done), you might get a little salty. It's the perception that your favorite series is being treated as an aside while a series that has more than enough to make any superfan happy continues to get more.

I kinda swing both ways on this argument. On the one hand, I don't like the roster to be disproportionately one series. On the other hand, I want Ivysaur to come back and I don't want to cut any more Pokemon reps.
To be fair, we've only got two Mute City variants. We've also got Big Blue and Port Town Aero Dive.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If you're a fan of F-Zero and you keep getting stuck with Mute City variants for your stage while other series get cool and exciting stages (except you, Pac-Land. You sit in the corner and think about what you've done), you might get a little salty. It's the perception that your favorite series is being treated as an aside while a series that has more than enough to make any superfan happy continues to get more.
To be fair; with the example of F-Zero, your favourite series is officially an aside thanks to Miyamoto's stance on it and Mario Kart 8 taking parts from that series for itself.

Which is a pain, because I'd love to have Goroh upgrade from Assist to playable at some point, but it's not going to happen until F-Zero gets a new game.

D

Deleted member

Something tells me not even a new game would do much for a new F-Zero character, be it Goroh getting promoted or someone else.
Brawl's roster was decided at a point when F-Zero wasn't "dead" yet, but all that influenced was Goroh becoming an Assist.
Even Black Shadow, who (if I recall correctly) was a popular request in Japan in the same vein as Wolf due to the Falcon Densetsu anime that had finished it's initial run months prior was nothing but a trophy.
If F-Zero became "active" again in the future with a new game or two, what would be different than before? That's what's bothering me as a supporter of both options.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Something tells me not even a new game would do much for a new F-Zero character, be it Goroh getting promoted or someone else.
Brawl's roster was decided at a point when F-Zero wasn't "dead" yet, but all that influenced was Goroh becoming an Assist.
Even Black Shadow, who (if I recall correctly) was a popular request in Japan in the same vein as Wolf due to the Falcon Densetsu anime that had finished it's initial run months prior was nothing but a trophy.
If F-Zero became "active" again in the future with a new game or two, what would be different than before? That's what's bothering me as a supporter of both options.
Well; like Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem, it'd probably garner a new fanbase(providing it took off like Awakening or Uprising did).
There's a whole generation who haven't really had the chance to experience a new F-Zero game. Fresh fans=fresh interest. Fresh interest=more interest in seeing a F-Zero character in Smash. I'm not saying it's for sure what will happen, but it certainly wouldn't hinder it any.

I'm guessing if Starfox Zero does well there'd likewise be more support for Peppy/Slippy next time round simply because new fans are experiencing games they hadn't had the chance to be exposed to before.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i would be very happy if the DLC character that we will get later are from those that i did put here, i am sure we wont get more than 5 DLC characters because of the 3DS limitation but this is just what i think will make me very happy for the final roster.

Extra Banjo-Kazooie icon :-)

Attachments

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I remember when 85% of Smash speculators thought that Bowser Jr. was not gonna get in because "MUH REPS" since Rosalina was already revealed....
In my case, I thought the biggest chance Bowser Jr. had after Rosalina being revealed was as a last-minute semi-clone of Bowser.

Would anyone mind taking a little survey on what series they think are repped well and what not? http://goo.gl/forms/FqqLSHfFwu
I promise it won't hurt! Okay, maybe it hurts just a little.
Overrepped: Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus
Underrepped: Donkey Kong, Kirby (specifically newer games), Star Fox, Metroid, Yoshi, Wario (specifically Wario Land)
Fine: The rest

Do you feel your personal wants have been met in this game or by it's DLC: No
Do you feel that the series you like the most has been/is treated well in this game: No (I like Pokemon, Kirby and DK equally much, only the former is represented enough, and the second needs more representation from newer games)

Also, someone actually thinks that Fire Emblem is underrepped?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Overrepped: Kid Icarus
Underrepped: Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Metroid, Wario
Fine: Everything else

I guess I'm fine with Fire Emblem due to two of my favorites making the roster (Lucina and Roy) and even though I don't like Robin, I warmed up to him to stay

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Numerically, no, but you could say that all the potential from the various classes has kinda gone to waste by having 3 Marths.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Overrepped: Fire Emblem
Two Marth-clones is bad for the representation of the series.
Zelda-syndrome will plague the series.

Underrepped:
Cut Series, DK, Metroid

Fine: The Rest

I like Mario, Yoshi, Wario and Kirby, but they're repped fine.
I'm extremely selfish when asking for more Mario characters, no social justice rep warrior.

Some series like Yoshi and Wario could be considered underrepped, but I don't feel gaping holes with the lack of Yoshi Rep #2.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Numerically, no, but you could say that all the potential from the various classes has kinda gone to waste by having 3 Marths.
But Marth, Ike and Robin are all distinct character archetype-wise, design-wise, gameplay-wise and moveset-wise from each other. It is only Lucina and Roy that can be argued to be "redundant."

That said, unlike DK, FE at least got all of its majorly important characters in. We're still missing both K. Rool and Dixie.

Troykv

Smash Master
Overrepped: Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus
Underrepped: Donkey Kong, Kirby (specifically newer games), Star Fox, Metroid, Yoshi, Wario (specifically Wario Land)
Fine: The rest

Do you feel your personal wants have been met in this game or by it's DLC: No
Do you feel that the series you like the most has been/is treated well in this game: No (I like Pokemon, Kirby and DK equally much, only the former is represented enough, and the second needs more representation from newer games)

Everyone has their own opinion about what they think must be "repped".

Note: I don't vote that, but personally I think that Fire Emblem has 4 character and doesn't 5 (Because Lucina is basically a custome with her own voice and a smaller hitbox).

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
F-Zero doesn't have fantastic options for characters.

The beloved Captain's moveset was completely made up, based on the 'fast and dangerous' archetype in F-Zero's gameplay, not it's characters.

So until something radical changes about F-Zero, we won't see a newcomer.

Bhojj

Smash Rookie
I'm a huge F-Zero fan and I don't feel like the series should have another rep.

In fact, the only series I feel they deserve another character are Donkey Kong and "Toon Zelda". And by Toon Zelda I mean I want Tetra so bad.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes... but I still don't see how anyone could actually see FE underrepped (character-wise) when it already has five, unless it's bias.
Not about the numbers, it's about the characters themselves.
Every FE character in the game uses a sword, even the tome user. There's no axe, lance, bow, or a transforming character (like Tiki) in the game, not even as an Assist Trophy.
Also, some of the eras in Fire Emblem are not really represented as well. (Well, they are through music, at least) So it's very understandable in that mindset Fire Emblem could be under-repped.

Similarly, I think Zelda is "under-repped" simply because Ganondorf does not reflect his source material very well. Otherwise the series is represented fine. And yes this is coming from the guy who gets mildly pissed off when people tell him Midna has no chance.

Not about the numbers, it's about the characters themselves.
Every FE character in the game uses a sword, even the tome user. There's no axe, lance, bow, or a transforming character (like Tiki) in the game, not even as an Assist Trophy.
Also, some of the eras in Fire Emblem are not really represented as well. (Well, they are through music, at least) So it's very understandable in that mindset Fire Emblem could be under-repped.

Similarly, I think Zelda is "under-repped" simply because Ganondorf does not reflect his source material very well. Otherwise the series is represented fine. And yes this is coming from the guy who gets mildly pissed off when people tell him Midna has no chance.
Yeah, I get your point. Now when I think about it, Zelda indeed feels somewhat underrepped, it could use another character. I think Midna has a chance, but it's very low, because of the AT and competition with other Zelda characters.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't go by roster spots for series representation so even then, FE doesn't seem overrep considering it gets shafted in every other regard (stages, trophies, items, music, Smash Run enemies and only having one AT).

DK is just underrepresented due to how lazy the things it's gotten(although it's mostly due to being a Mario sub-series) and Metroid has average representation but it's just as lazy and character choices are so damn small and irrelevant it hurts but I guess it works for the isolation thing for Samus.

IMO, the only franchises that springs of overrepresentation is Kid Icarus, Kirby and Mother (aka series Sakurai has attachment to) especially Mother, the amount of the stuff that series get despite being smaller than F-Zero just shocks me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
IMO, the only franchises that springs of overrepresentation is Kid Icarus, Kirby and Mother (aka series Sakurai has attachment to) especially Mother, the amount of the stuff that series get despite being smaller than F-Zero just shocks me.
Mother is probably one of the last series you could say is "over-representation"...

In Smash 64, Ness was a pretty logical character choice, since Earthbound came out a few years before and a new game was in development.
In Melee, the series got two stages because every series got two stages.

In Melee and Brawl, Lucas was going to replace Ness, not stand alongside him.

In Brawl, the representation of the series shifted to Mother 3, since it was recent. That's why Lucas and New Pork City were added, and Fourside was cut (rip Fourside)

In Smash 4, the focus shifted to representing the series as a whole, so it kept Ness and added Magicant as a tribute to the series as a whole in the 3DS version. It only has one stage in the Wii U version as well, and it's from Melee.

Lucas was only added through DLC. He didn't even make the initial roster despite being pretty popular.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
All of the franchise are fine. Mario and Kirby may be missing a few characters though....

I feel like Donkey Kong did not get any more reps because it kinda ties in with Mario. I mean Diddy even has his very own Mario icon!

I would say that Sonic is a littttlee underrepresented though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
MOTHER, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus are fine.

Donkey Kong really is the only series that I seriously think needs more characters.

But then again, I'm biased because I like King K. Rool. No doubt the rest of us are the same, saying series 'deserve' (bleh) more characters because we like said series.

For instance, someone who likes Zelda may think there needs to be more characters, when in reality there are not many good choices left. Someone who likes Fire Emblem may want more mages or ax users, although we already have Robin's tomes, and 'uses an ax' isn't justification for a character. Someone who likes Metriod may want anything, but we already know the issues with the choices available.

But to a fan, those don't matter.

We're all biased to some degree.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
MOTHER, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus are fine.

Donkey Kong really is the only series that I seriously think needs more characters.

But then again, I'm biased because I like King K. Rool. No doubt the rest of us are the same, saying series 'deserve' (bleh) more characters because we like said series.
You're not biased. Donkey Kong is criminally ignored, and this is coming from someone who has 0% interest in it.
For instance, someone who likes Zelda may think there needs to be more characters, when in reality there are not many good choices left.
Um...
No?

Midna, Skull Kid, Vaati, Ganon, etc.?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You're not biased. Donkey Kong is criminally ignored, and this is coming from someone who has 0% interest in it.

Um...
No?

Midna, Skull Kid, Vaati, Ganon, etc.?
Midna, Skull Kid, and Vaati fall under 'important to one game, but not to the series' which is why two of the three you listed are ATs.

Ganon, as explained by ALtTP, is Ganondorf. But Ganon wouldn't be a bad choice, just not likely right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom