• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
What is this thread's opinion on Chibi Robo getting in? He's getting pretty popular with Zip Lash (although us people who played from the start are sad that it's not a traditional Chibi...), and he's been around for over 10 years now. I realize ballot characters aren't just those with the most merit, but he does seem like he's got a solid chance of being added.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
What is this thread's opinion on Chibi Robo getting in? He's getting pretty popular with Zip Lash (although us people who played from the start are sad that it's not a traditional Chibi...), and he's been around for over 10 years now. I realize ballot characters aren't just those with the most merit, but he does seem like he's got a solid chance of being added.
I feel like he's very possible, but only for the next Smash game. He's not that popular at the moment, but he has the chance to become so once his next game is released, and people can see what he's all about.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I feel like he's very possible, but only for the next Smash game. He's not that popular at the moment, but he has the chance to become so once his next game is released, and people can see what he's all about.
Well the game comes out in October, and those of us who are already pushing for him are gaining in numbers from the advertising of the new game. He'll definitely be gaining a good amount of support all the way through the closing of the ballot.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I kinda want more Sonic characters (he's starting to appear in more Nintendo games than ever now).

Right now he's all by his lonesome...
I was kind of surprised that Sonic didn't get much of any new stuff in Smash 4 (just a stage and some non-remixed songs if I remember right). I figured that SEGA would push for more representation in Smash given what Namco and Capcom got, but they may be fine with just Sonic.

Personally, I'd be totally down with another Sonic character, especially since other characters from the series aren't already part of Sonic's moveset like they are Mega Man's and Pac-Man's (e.g., Rush and Beat for Mega Man and the ghosts for Pac). Tails would be my pick since he and Sonic are a pretty iconic duo and his gadgets could help give him a unique identity. I don't have any real problems with Knuckles though.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not entirely well-versed with Chibi Robo because we never really talk about him, at least not when I am around. But I believe he is, at the very least, owned by Nintendo. So, as far as I am concerned, he is more likely than say Shovel Knight if we adhere to the Amiibo logic.

That being said, I am not too fond of him as a character. He seems like he would be a unique addition, he just does not pertain to my interests.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm going to close my eyes. Once I open them again, we'll have a new Smash related announcement.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Stoll keepinf then closef.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
My reaction if Chibi Robo were to get in would be "Huh, neat".
Like, I really don't care if he got in one way or another, though honestly, I would prefer to see a more interesting character (by my standards, of course) win the ballot.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I'm not really a die-hard supporter of him, but he would be a solid choice thanks to the electrical whip.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I guess if you haven't played Chibi Robo games, you definitely can't see the full potential of the character. He could have a wonderful moveset without pulling a single thing from Zip Lash.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Concerning DLC, it does not pass the "Would I pay money to have this character before considering moveset?" test for me. I'm only saying it won't sell to me just based on its games and character, but it would have to be fun/great to play as like :4feroy: ended up being. I'd have to rely on how its official moveset would appeal to me if he gets in. It does have my interest with the tools I know it has, and its chances seem to be favorable compared to the majority of the characters I want to be results of the fighter ballot.

D

Deleted member

Is there any leaks, rumors or something that we could talk about?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Well other than Shovel Knight there IS this one. . . http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/308409096#p308411832
And no they are not saying region locked DLC.

Dixie is awesome but you know. . .leaks are leaks.
Eh, the idea that they have the "final 3 characters" decided before the ballot is even over irks me. I'd be cool with Dee and Dixie, but not really Shovel Knight. But I'm not buying this leak anyway.

D

Deleted member

I hope Shovel Knight doesn't become a Butt Monkey of Fake Leaks.

The sad thing is that i see this happening.....

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
>Shovel Knight gets an amiibo
>Shovel Knight will be leaked til Smash 4 development has been stopped with an official statement by Sakurai/Nintendo

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Yeah I'd definitely prefer Chibi Robo to Shovel Knight. Nintendo characters should always come first in this game.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm going to rage hard if Isaac doesn't become playable and yet someone like Shovel Knight does. Would also be pretty pissed if Dixie got in over K. Rool despite the later being much more popular than her.
Eh, the idea that they have the "final 3 characters" decided before the ballot is even over irks me. I'd be cool with Dee and Dixie, but not really Shovel Knight. But I'm not buying this leak anyway.
I'm gonna have to go in to hibernation...

EDIT: Oh crap, quoted the wrong post lel.

Try again, you didn't keep them closed long enough.
^

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This feels like March of 2014 all over again........

Only withouth the Pic of the Day (good times).

I remember every single day from Monday to Friday, we checked out the Sm4sh website to see if there was any new details.

Now the only thing we can do is wait.....and wait....and wait.............

Does anybody found any other rumors we could talk about?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
The extent of leaks outside of the 4chan one are just imdb ones so... We're on our own as far as discussion goes.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well other than Shovel Knight there IS this one. . . http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/308409096#p308411832
And no they are not saying region locked DLC.

Dixie is awesome but you know. . .leaks are leaks.
Maybe I should start galavanting as 'Anonymous' on various forums claiming I was fired and start spreading rumours about character DLC...

So if anyone sees any leaks or rumours regarding Midna, Dark Samus, Ridley, or Impa....you know it's not me :p

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wish I could be a fly on the wall at Sora Ltd to see what the plans are for the rest of Smash DLC.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I actually think Chibi would be a great character to have. More robots and diversity with an unique gimmick

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Made this Strawpoll for those interested in voting...
Characters were chosen based on their rankings from my Top 10 thread as well as their given 'categories' being; Newcomers, NPC's, Third-Party, and Veterans. They are loosely grouped together, and some liberties were taken, such as Pokemon Trainer, Squirlte and Ivysaur being grouped together to allow for more characters, as well as adding Takamaru and Captain Toad/Toad onto the poll...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This feels like March of 2014 all over again........

Only withouth the Pic of the Day (good times).

I remember every single day from Monday to Friday, we checked out the Sm4sh website to see if there was any new details.

Now the only thing we can do is wait.....and wait....and wait.............

Does anybody found any other rumors we could talk about?
Thing is we don't know about what will happen with Directs, especially considering they might retire them until they find someone to do Global Directs and Japan Direct post-Iwata

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd argue he has a better chance than most, but there are still a lot of characters ahead of him.

We'll probably have to wait until the next Smash game, but I'm still crossing my fingers for this game.

Characters were chosen based on their rankings from my Top 10 thread as well as their given 'categories' being; Newcomers, NPC's, Third-Party, and Veterans. They are loosely grouped together, and some liberties were taken, such as Pokemon Trainer, Squirlte and Ivysaur being grouped together to allow for more characters, as well as adding Takamaru and Captain Toad/Toad onto the poll...
Voted for K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Wolf, Ridley, Captain Toad and Bomberman. Black Mage and Gengar were the only ones of my Top 8 that weren't in the poll.

Well, he has better chance that most other characters, but I don't think he is very likely for this Smash, but I can see him getting into Smash 5. I wouldn't mind him getting in, though.

Last edited:

Joseppo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yosemite_JIT
Now that the newcomers are going to be chosen from the ballot, I don't think we're going to see anything until October. I hope I'm mistaken because everyone is thirsty for news, including myself, but I can't stay positive on this one.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
As long as I live, I will never understand Bayonetta's sudden rise for popularity for Smash. It's not gonna happen...

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I had no interest in Chibi Robo until they announced Zip Lash. Which, I guess, was one of their goals with that game (and the amiibo) - to get people interested in Chibi Robo.

Now he seems like a pretty good candidate for Smash 5. The whip could certainly make him a unique character.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
What did everyone put for the reason they wanted their character?

On the chibi robo topic - im fine with the idea of him getting in even though i didn't play his game because from what i heard he would probably be a grapler of sorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom