• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Eggman is playable, there is only one option.

Sonic had standard attacks based from Sonic the Fighters, so any theoretical secondary Sonic character (aside from those who didn't exist then such as Shadow) should follow suit.

There you go, Eggman in a mech that isn't even remotely similar to Jr.
Yep, Pingas over all.

Joseppo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yosemite_JIT
what are everyone's thoughts on the chances we get one for sega and namco?
For Sega, I think they would add a second Sonic character, since it's the most well-known franchise and they don't have any other series as popular as Sonic. For Namco, Dig Dug would be the most recurrent idea, although Klonoa has been requested too. Nevertheless, I don't think we are going to see them added in this itineration of Smash (maybe in the next one?).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For Sega, I think they would add a second Sonic character, since it's the most well-known franchise and they don't have any other series as popular as Sonic. For Namco, Dig Dug would be the most recurrent idea, although Klonoa has been requested too. Nevertheless, I don't think we are going to see them added in this itineration of Smash (maybe in the next one?).
Lloyd. Lloyd's pretty much a no brainer for a Namco character

D

Deleted member

Dr Eggman, Tails & Knuckles >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any other option for a second Sega character.

Sorry Arle Nadja.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dr Eggman, Tails & Knuckles >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any other option for a second Sega character.

Sorry Arle Nadja.
That is true since it's obvious that the company cares more about Sonic over any other IP they've published. Even I don't think Alre would really happen since the games had little presence in the West and Sega would probably say "What the hell's an Arle Nadja?" like the trolls they are.

Last edited:

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
You know how the Archie comics state that the eggman in every comic after #50 is not the original? The games actually prove this too, as the only time you see the modern eggman running is in SA2 if you hack it, and then it's only a half-finished thing with sonic's speed data. Robotnik is shown running multiple times throuought the genesis games, yet eggman mkII has never been shown to run. Unless I'm forgetting something.

MainJPW

M.T.A
That is true since it's obvious that the company cares more about Sonic over any other IP they've published. Even I don't think Alre would really happen since the games had little presence in the West and Sega would probably say "What the hell's an Arle Nadja?" like the trolls they are.
Exactly, at the moment Sonic's the only franchise they rely on. If they're ever in a better situation they should take more liberty with their other franchises like Ristar and NiGHTS.
You know how the Archie comics state that the eggman in every comic after #50 is not the original? The games actually prove this too, as the only time you see the modern eggman running is in SA2 if you hack it, and then it's only a half-finished thing with sonic's speed data. Robotnik is shown running multiple times throuought the genesis games, yet eggman mkII has never been shown to run. Unless I'm forgetting something.
That's not canon to the games, Classic Eggman and Modern Eggman are the same person.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Arle was litteraly replaced by Eggman (or Robotnik in this case) in Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine when Puyo Puyo was released for the Genesis/Mega Drive in America.

Hey, what if Dr. Eggman was our Puzzle Rep? :troll: He could have a fight against Kirby as the Puyo Puyo replacement duo :laugh:

Boxing Title for Eggman: The giant talking egg.

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
That's not canon to the games, Classic Eggman and Modern Eggman are the same person.
Just making a statement. Along with modern eggman looking much more egg-shaped, his moustache is fake, his limbs are longer and the joints are more accentuated, and he's never ran. He could very well be an eggman from another dimension. Also, most of his badniks are drastically different (though that in itself means nothing when you consider sonic's been easily destroying them for so long.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Just making a statement. Along with modern eggman looking much more egg-shaped, his moustache is fake, his limbs are longer and the joints are more accentuated, and he's never ran. He could very well be an eggman from another dimension. Also, most of his badniks are drastically different (though that in itself means nothing when you consider sonic's been easily destroying them for so long.
I don't believe his glorious mustache is fake, it wouldn't be too :083:'d to think that Omochao could've been lying.

Than again it could've been fake due to being singed off from a recent explosion, I mean he does get caught in those alot.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
everyone loses hope after a costume is revealed. he got a costume, there is no point for him to be playable and have a costume.
We've been through this argument many times, so I'll just say that yes, there is a point in having a character both as a fighter and a costume"

SonicMario

Smash Master
Well that's kinda like saying Classic Sonic is a different dimension too. Though this makes me realize Sonic series sure has a weird way of showing character age. Apparently Sonic's world's puberty changes the eye color, adds more spikes or dreadlocks (In Knuckles case), much taller, etc.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
everyone loses hope after a costume is revealed. he got a costume, there is no point for him to be playable and have a costume.
Yeah completely pointless...:4samus:

Because the Mii Swordfighters play exactly like Lloyd Irving would...

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
Well that's kinda like saying Classic Sonic is a different dimension too. Though this makes me realize Sonic series sure has a weird way of showing character age. Apparently Sonic's world's puberty changes the eye color, adds more spikes or dreadlocks (In Knuckles case), much taller, etc.
That could be the effect of going super one too many times. Sonic has always canonically been 15 (what were you thinking sega) even though he's had a birthday at least once.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Soo, how about that Tails?

I feel like Tails has more abilties to make him more unique than Knuckles, he shares all of Sonic's standard attacks plus his ability to fly and use his gadgets like the arm cannon.

I feel like a combination of his Sonic Championship and Sonic Battle movesets would suffice to make fir a very fun moveset.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think we need more Sonic characters, personally. And I'm a huge Sonic fan.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I don't think we need more Sonic characters, personally. And I'm a huge Sonic fan.
I wouldn't mind it for the next game if Sonic comes back (which is likely). By that point he'll be a third time returning veteran which I think would justify having atleast one more character.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I know what series needs another rep!

....wait

Last edited:

Joseppo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yosemite_JIT
Have we talked about Tetra? I know she's Zelda but I think she'd be different enough...she's a pirate.
If done correctly, Tetra would be a really interesting character to add, attacking with her sword and with some kind of gun, like they showed in Hyrule Warriors. However, this would be the 3rd Zelda in the game, and having already two Links and two Zeldas, the "logical" option would be the 2nd Ganondorf.
Nevertheless, I like the idea of Tetra more than Toon Ganon or Ganon in his beast form with the trident (I don't think there are more options for a second Ganondorf).

(Although if we're talking about Zelda reps I would take Ghirahim or Midna as my top options, but they are already assist trophies...)

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Not sure if I really need to say this due to my signature, but Tetra in Smash would make me so happy. Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, Tetra would add a unique motif to Smash, and my main could finally have a partner.
There isn't a character I want more.

MainJPW

M.T.A
If done correctly, Tetra would be a really interesting character to add, attacking with her sword and with some kind of gun, like they showed in Hyrule Warriors. However, this would be the 3rd Zelda in the game, and having already two Links and two Zeldas, the "logical" option would be the 2nd Ganondorf.
Nevertheless, I like the idea of Tetra more than Toon Ganon or Ganon in his beast form with the trident (I don't think there are more options for a second Ganondorf).

(Although if we're talking about Zelda reps I would take Ghirahim or Midna as my top options, but they are already assist trophies...)
I thought the same thing, I see Tetra using her dagger and the hand pistol, it would really help in making her more unique. There's also the possibility of the Pirate Ship stage coming back along with Tetra, in a Wind Waker pack.

Even though she would be technically a third Zelda would it really matter all that much? She's alot different from the Zelda we have in the game and she wouldn't be like Shiek.
I'd actually love Tetra, though I think almost everyone agrees there are 2 other pirates who should be in Smash.
Who would they be?

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
We've been through this argument many times, so I'll just say that yes, there is a point in having a character both as a fighter and a costume"
Yeah completely pointless...:4samus:

Because the Mii Swordfighters play exactly like Lloyd Irving would...
apologies, did not mean to ruffle any feathers. It is simply how i feel on the matter. I could be wrong, im only human.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I thought the same thing, I see Tetra using her dagger and the hand pistol, it would really help in making her more unique. There's also the possibility of the Pirate Ship stage coming back along with Tetra, in a Wind Waker pack.

Even though she would be technically a third Zelda would it really matter all that much? She's alot different from the Zelda we have in the game and she wouldn't be like Shiek.

Who would they be?
One's a costume for Miis and the other a sad excuse for a stage hazard. I am of course, talking about Flying Man and Metal Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom