• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
We can go to some weird and wonderful topics in this thread.

On that tune, how would you react if a clone character turns out to be a ballot winner?

B̶̛̖̼̳̭̏ͯ͜Ľ̥͉̯̹͉̗̟͑ͫ̎O͍̲̭͇̮̭͂́͆ͥͪO̎̽̽ͩ͏͚̹̼̪̯̭̞̘͞D̩̹̟͎̟̓ͬ̿̀ ̣ͧ̒̓ͮ̓F̊̉ͧ͗̔͑͛͌҉͓̘̫̲̘̳͢ͅÕ̙̯̝͖͚̗ͯͬ̽̐͘͜ͅRͣ͌ͧ͒ͧ҉͖͉̭̼̟̭ ̞̰̐̾̆͘͠Ţ̹̱̺ͣ̕͜H̜̪͓͕͕̠͂́ͪ͑̈́Ë̶̻̩͉̺̓̾͘ ̶͇͕͖͉̺̻̽͊͌̄͑́͘͠B̯̮̲̣͗̇͛̓ͦ́̚͠͡ͅL̪͊̃̑́̋Ǫ͍̥͈͔͂͌ͬ̔͑Õ̭͈͕̼̟͚̪̖̮ͩD̪̩̽ͦ̏̌ͭ̒̎͝ͅ ̠̜̭̱͇̙̖̯ͫ̑G̴̡̥̥̝̓ͭ̇ͦ̿ͧ̂Ô͉̝̮̪̠ͮ̈́̍D̰͇̼ͪ̒̑͒ͪ͡

I mean I already had my hopes and dreams crushed with such a sad excuse for boss attempting to be Ridley I'd be pretty done to be honest

On that tune, how would you react if a clone character turns out to be a ballot winner?
Sever disappointment. Unless it's Viridi as a palutena clone than I would just laugh myself to death. Doesn't really make sense for anyone barring Pichu being a clone and having even a top 20 level of votes

There is a Daisy joke in all of this. . .

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

I would be a little disappointed depending on when the clone came. If at the beginning where there was ample time to develop an all original character, that would leave a bad taste.

D

Deleted member

@ Wintropy Wintropy , you are one of my favorite users on this Boards, but if i had to be honest my reaction would be this:
(this is just an overexaggeration of my reaction, but you get the idea that i wouldn't be happy)

Miikon

Smash Cadet
If it is :pichumelee:, then I wouldn't mind that much.
But if King K. Rool became a Peach clone or something else entirely uncalled for, then I would be silently mad. :drflip:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay, followup question:

What if a clone (or several) were included with the ballot winner(s) as "free dessert"?

Okay, followup question:

What if a clone (or several) were included with the ballot winner(s) as "free dessert"?
I loved Lucina and Dark Pit and was one of the more avid supporters of the clones. . but that seems a little weird when there isn't a a reason for them to be making alts ro upgrade and it isn't "free" because there isn't a release date they have to stop working at so, depending how the dev team works, would probably be taking actual "slots."

But if they are cool characters Like Chrom or Vridi I wouldn't complain.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Okay, followup question:

That depends on several factors:
  • The character itself and whether they remotely deserve a spot in Smash.
  • Whether the moveset is a respectable semi-clone difference (Roy, Dr. Mario) or the same moveset outright with little to no changes (Dark Pit).
  • The amount of ballot winners we actually got, more winners being inversely proportionate to how salty this dessert would taste.
  • Whether this is a free dessert or not, such as being a free purchase with one of the actual ballot winners.

Last edited:

Aleis

Smash Rookie

Me: Where's Olivia?

Sakurai: Introducing ________, the only literal difference is his/her/it's... ______ and I feel like he/she/it will be a great add on!

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
I don't follow true/false leaks and their controversial discussions, but is this pretty much what they look like? (Just to poke fun)

Depends. I know I'd be fine with Tharja sharing moves like Nosferatu with Robin(Heck, Robin's not supposed to have that move without having Tharja's class anyways), but not cool with Daisy being like Peach like the Daisy haters keep saying. Not saying anything about Alph since that matter is outside the ballot. I don't see any reason to be angered over Wolf getting into this game. Yeah.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know, but seeing Sami as a Snake clone would leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths. But I doubt Sakurai's would want to go that far, right?

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
I don't know, but seeing Sami as a Snake clone would leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths. But I doubt Sakurai's would want to go that far, right?
Let me just admit I'm one of those guys secretly thinking "We should keep Snake's moveset here somewhere for a 1st party character to use, hurrdurr!"

It would still look bad (according to everyone else) like you said.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

I would probably be more annoyed at the fact that I know I'd inevitably have to endure and put up with so much salt from everybody on Smashboards over the next few days (or weeks) rather than actually being ticked/disappointed/saddened myself.

That being said, if the clone character were a new semi-clone I probably wouldn't have any issues.

Okay, followup question:

As long as one of them is Dr. Luigi I'd be fine.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Okay, followup question:

As long as they're not the same price as a full character I'd be fine (or they're bundled with a main character; such as Felix and Isaac).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
@ Wintropy Wintropy
>If the character is semi-clone Dixie
image.jpg

I ain't upset.

>If it's anyone else especially Pichu and YLink
image.jpg

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll395154xD2B5C2B5-15

Heres a much bigger and better poll. Lets do our best to get accurate results this time!
I still don't give a **** about a poll without Wolf Link & Midna. Or Sami.

Here's some clones I would be okay with in that hypothetical scenario:
Impa: A slower and heavier version of Sheik that has dark effects on attacks. (Not by much though)
Toon Zelda: Because reasons.
Proto Man: His shield deflects projectiles while jumping, which makes him a much more aggressive Mega Man.
Mrs. Pac-Man: Faster version of Pac-Man.
Poo: He could be a combination of Ness and Lucas with Lucas's normals and Ness's specials.
Pichu: I love Pichu. That is all.

Last edited:

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
I still don't give a **** about a poll without Wolf Link & Midna. Or Sami.

Here's some clones I would be okay with in that hypothetical scenario:
Impa: A slower and heavier version of Sheik that has dark effects on attacks. (Not by much though)
Toon Zelda: Because reasons.
Proto Man: His shield deflects projectiles while jumping, which makes him a much more aggressive Mega Man.
Mrs. Pac-Man: Faster version of Pac-Man.
Poo: He could be a combination of Ness and Lucas with Lucas's normals and Ness's specials.
Pichu: I love Pichu. That is all.
I think you meant to quote @ Wintropy Wintropy 's question?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Wintropy Wintropy : For the first question, only if Pichu, my favorite clone ever, and is feasible for many reasons.

For the second question, only if they're literally free. Any semi-clones(I.E. Wolf) should cost something. Since tons of effort was put in.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think you meant to quote @ Wintropy Wintropy 's question?
It's okay, he was referring to the poll that he quoted.

He means he doesn't care to vote in a poll that doesn't feature his favourite characters as options.

I voted for K. Rool, incidentally.

#FreeTheKroc or something~

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Well Sami would most certainly use similar A moves due to also being a solider, maybe the crawl too
but c'mon, advanced wars, she'd be summoning soilders and mechs, riding tanks, also I would not put it past her to go swinging that empty rocket laucher as a melee weapon

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
We share the same reasons. :awesome:

The clones I'm okay with in order of want:

1. Toon Zelda
2. Paula
3. Ms. Pac-Man
4. Pichu
I was actually going to list Paula as a Ness clone but her F-smash is a frying pan. :D
Well Sami would most certainly use similar A moves due to also being a solider, maybe the crawl too
but c'mon, advanced wars, she'd be summoning soilders and mechs, riding tanks, also I would not put it past her to go swinging that empty rocket laucher as a melee weapon
Reposting from another thread:

"Well, I don't have the full moveset so I'll just tell you the basics.

Sami's moveset resolves around setting bases and summoning (sprite form) infantry and tanks to help her. She can set multiple bases and upgrade them, boosting her and her troops' strength. Basically she is all about stage control.
She uses a bazooka and some CQC for her standard moveset (which this sounds similar to Snake, it's not; she actually lugs the bazooka around and uses it for melee attacks).

Her specials moves are:

- Neutral Special: Base Capture: Sami creates a base on a portion of the stage. She can set three at a time and upgrade them each twice. Each base slightly boosts Sami's attack power. These bases can be destroyed by enemies with enough damage.

- Side Special: Summon Unit: Sami creates a unit that moves slowly in front of her and fires in a straight line. The unit that comes out depends on the highest level base Sami owns. If it's level 1, she creates a Soldier. Level 2, a Mech Soldier (unit with bazooka, like Sami), Level 3, a tank. Each level is more powerful than the last.

- Up Special: T-Copter Drone: Sami creates a drone modeled after a travel copter and lets it lift her into the air. The blades on the copter do repeated damage.

- Down Special: Fog of War: Sami tosses down a grenade that creates a field of fog that obscures Sami and her troops, but not the enemy. It's area of effect and how long it lasts depends on the strength of Sami's bases.

- Final Smash: Victory March: Sami uses her CO Power to strengthen herself and her troops. Any base she creates is instantly Level 3 and invincible for the duration of the move. All her units have double firepower as well.

IMO, I think this is as close to bringing the playstyle of Advance Wars directly to Smash Bros. as possible, so I myself am proud of it."
I already have some ideas for her normals. I can even list whose moves you could compare them to.

Jab: A simple two punch and kick combo (Everyone)
F-tilt: Sami does a kick forward and turns (Captain Falcon)
U-tilt: Sami jumps slightly while thrusting the launcher upwards (Ike)
D-tilt: Sami does a sweeping kick (Mario, Lucas)

F-smash: Sami fires the rocket launcher forward (Mii Gunner/Snake).
U-smash: Sami fires the launcher at an angle upwards (Snake, Villager)
D-smash: Sami does a sweeping kick and fires the launcher behind her; the sweep knocks enemies behind her (unique?)

N-air: she kicks forward twice (Captain Falcon)
F-air: Sami kicks forward with both legs at once (Mario b-air)
B-air: Sami thrust the launcher behind her (Shulk)
U-air: Sami slings the launcher overhead in a slow arc. (unique)
D-air: She slings her launcher downwards. Spikes. (Ike)

Throws and misc. attacks aren't worth mentioning.
;)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I dont care sami with a snake moveset is better than no sami.
Indeed.
Though it'll never happen. And that's probably for the best, because if Sami is considered for that reason they'd find that they would basically have to make a new character to have her fit with Snake's moves, and at that point the could just give her a new gimmick.

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll395154xD2B5C2B5-15
If you voted on this, please vote again, as votes and IP got reset.
Thank you. Finally.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
When it comes to clones...

Impa as a Sheik semi-clone as well as Dark Samus as a Samus semi-clone...though both can easily be more but I'd be happy if either of them make it in...otherwise it depends on who it is...

Although another I'd be happy with (though a highly unlikely scenario) being Midna's true form as a Zelda semi-clone...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Too broad for me to have a set answer.

Who is it?
Who are they a clone of?
Does it make sense for them to be a clone?
Was this character someone that people wanted?
Are they like Lucina and Dark Pit where there's not many differences, or are they more like Ganondorf where the differences are vast?

My reaction would depend on the answers of these kind of questions.

But I know for a fact I wouldn't get my panties in a twist solely for the fact a clone is DLC like many people here. (Come at me.)

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Indeed.
Though it'll never happen. And that's probably for the best, because if Sami is considered for that reason they'd find that they would basically have to make a new character to have her fit with Snake's moves, and at that point the could just give her a new gimmick.

Thank you. Finally.
Thanks, please feel free to post this around the community, lets see if we can get as many votes as possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom